PDA

View Full Version : So kellenberger says on H2H

gravedigger
07-06-2016, 06:34 PM
That most of the complaints about his "toxicity" article were from state fans.

How bout that.

Also said twitter is real life. Which matt contradicted based in the age of the person perceiving it.

I say the objection to the article is just a rejection of the lack of overall coverge of the investigation into om by the cl. It doesn't help hugh is a relative novice.

David Murray called kellenberger to task objecting to the premise and anyone who is familiar with the rivalry from 1974-2016 knows that its most toxic moments come when both teams are striving for the same limelight. When both teams were 6 win trying for their 7th, when Brewer's and Sherrill's jobs were ending were much more tense.

Yea, fake twitter accounts that a coach pretended to know is bad, but married women sleeping with ncaa investigators while a coach has his own PI taking pictures trumps that.

Coaches being involved in a group of recruits trip to a known brothel in memphis is real toxicity.

Coaches calling one another habitual liars with the response the accuser is too stupid to know what habitual means, on a split screen tv interview, THAT is toxic.

An internet wannabe sports editor being called names just doesn't rise to the level.

In the end, state fans are calling this for what it is:

D E F L E C T I O N

Political Hack
07-06-2016, 06:40 PM
It's a massive attempt to deflect from the investigation and it was led by OM filling his head with the idea to write the article. The fact it's been given this much discussion helps them. They quickly squashed that other article that cast them in a negative light by throwing out a heartfelt Rodney King statement from their media puppet.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Im so sick of that fat no talent ass clown. My how far we've dropped from Rick Cleveland.

Turfdawg67
07-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Yea, fake twitter accounts that a coach pretended to know is bad, but married women sleeping with ncaa investigators while a coach has his own PI taking pictures trumps that.

More info please!

spbdawg
07-06-2016, 08:24 PM
#

Saltydog
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
picked last in gym class and whom everybody beat the **** out of in school.....

gravedigger
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Hugh Freeze actually wished happy birthday to a person behind a twitter account that was a catfish account. It appeared to be a young female Ole Miss fan who was tweeting at recruits for Ole Miss when in fact, Steve Robertson exposed it when he found out the pictures in the profile of the twitter account were of an unwitting girl in Georgia and her sister. Steve Robertson hasn't taken the story much further as to know ruin the life of the catfish at her request (much older person who states they didn't really know why they did that).

It's commonly known that Rich Johannigminger was the lead investigator in the early 2000's. It's also known that Jackie Sherrill, after realizing he was being 'followed' by this investigator hired his own P.I. and followed him back......with pictures. These pictures allegedly show the investigator closely associated with a lady named Julie who is an OM booster. The rumor goes that when MSU went in front of the COI just before Croom's 1st season, Sherrill showed up with all the notes and pictures from his PI's work in Indianapolis which may or may not have affected the sanctions. Sherrill then filed a lawsuit against the woman for causing his loss of employment which has been tied up in court for years on change of venue waiting on him to settle supposedly, which he wont.

confucius say
07-06-2016, 08:50 PM
I hope Matt asked him did he research the history of the rivalry before writing that piece. Bc I could give 20 examples of more "toxic" behavior than what is going on now

Corn Bread
07-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Hugh Freeze actually wished happy birthday to a person behind a twitter account that was a catfish account. It appeared to be a young female Ole Miss fan who was tweeting at recruits for Ole Miss when in fact, Steve Robertson exposed it when he found out the pictures in the profile of the twitter account were of an unwitting girl in Georgia and her sister. Steve Robertson hasn't taken the story much further as to know ruin the life of the catfish at her request (much older person who states they didn't really know why they did that).

It's commonly known that Rich Johannigminger was the lead investigator in the early 2000's. It's also known that Jackie Sherrill, after realizing he was being 'followed' by this investigator hired his own P.I. and followed him back......with pictures. These pictures allegedly show the investigator closely associated with a lady named Julie who is an OM booster. The rumor goes that when MSU went in front of the COI just before Croom's 1st season, Sherrill showed up with all the notes and pictures from his PI's work in Indianapolis which may or may not have affected the sanctions. Sherrill then filed a lawsuit against the woman for causing his loss of employment which has been tied up in court for years on change of venue waiting on him to settle supposedly, which he wont.

And this would be the start of the legend of Z Reb I do believe. Not Zema that crap drink in a bottle, damn hate to insult that crap drink Zema in a bottle.

sandwolf
07-07-2016, 01:04 AM
It's a massive attempt to deflect from the investigation and it was led by OM filling his head with the idea to write the article. The fact it's been given this much discussion helps them. They quickly squashed that other article that cast them in a negative light by throwing out a heartfelt Rodney King statement from their media puppet.

Agreed. And I really don't know why the article has gotten the reaction that it has. Out of all the bullshit that the CL has thrown up against the wall, why in the hell is everyone getting so worked up over this? I feel like our fans have done a pretty good job of staying on point and not allowing the conversation to be shifted away from the NCAA investigation....but apparently a lot of people really care that Kellenberger thinks that State and OM fans are mean to each other on the message boards.

Todd4State
07-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Agreed. And I really don't know why the article has gotten the reaction that it has. Out of all the bullshit that the CL has thrown up against the wall, why in the hell is everyone getting so worked up over this? I feel like our fans have done a pretty good job of staying on point and not allowing the conversation to be shifted away from the NCAA investigation....but apparently a lot of people really care that Kellenberger thinks that State and OM fans are mean to each other on the message boards.

I think the reason it has gotten the attention it has is because it is obviously a massive deflection story and I've seen a lot of MSU fans call them out on that. It does lend credence to the Clarion-Ledger being biased as well. So, I don't think it's so much about the opinion- it's how it does tie into the investigation. I think that's what has everyone "worked up". As Brandon Walker said- a couple of months ago Kellenberger had no idea that a headline about this rivalry could cause such a reaction but now all of a sudden he is an expert on it?

This all makes me think that there is something else about to come out possibly. After seeing what happened during the NFL Draft who knows what is going to happen during SEC Media Days? Odds are pretty good that the SEC Media day could be another major PR nightmare for Ole Miss, and I'm not really sure how much they can protect Freeze from questions about it.

This deflection is only going to last so long. Their punishment is looming whether they like it or not. The summer of 2017 can't get here soon enough!

msbulldog
07-07-2016, 06:23 AM
The Mississippi media herd will be at SEC media days and try to dominate the microphone to keep other media types from asking Sleeze embarrassing questions.

sandwolf
07-07-2016, 06:36 AM
I think the reason it has gotten the attention it has is because it is obviously a massive deflection story and I've seen a lot of MSU fans call them out on that. It does lend credence to the Clarion-Ledger being biased as well. So, I don't think it's so much about the opinion- it's how it does tie into the investigation. I think that's what has everyone "worked up".

Yea that is a fair point. But it feels like I have seen more effort put towards disproving that idea or blaming OM for the toxicity than I have seen people calling him out for trying to change the subject.

starkvegasdawg
07-07-2016, 06:58 AM
When I see anything by killaburger.

http://i.imgur.com/0U2xQLH.gif

PMDawg
07-07-2016, 07:20 AM
I ignore Helen Kellenburger.

TrapGame
07-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Fatburger is a walking nut sack. His journalist integrity is the equivalent to Pravda. He's a mouthpiece for the Plantation.

MedDawg
07-07-2016, 08:02 AM

MadDawg
07-07-2016, 08:14 AM
No, it was XenaReb, and she chose that as her screen name for the Ole Miss message boards long before the scandal. I believe she think she looked like Xena the Warrior Princess from TV. She was a long-time State hater on the boards.

The lead investigator Johanningmeier denied ever knowing XenaReb but later, during a separate trial where an Alabama coach was suing the NCAA, Johanningmeier was put on the stand and admitted under oath to being in XenaReb's house. Not sure if he admitted to anything else and I'm not sure what Sherrill's pictures show, but Johanningmeier just being there is proof of unethical collusion between OM fans and the lead NCAA investigator.

I understood he had pictures of the two of them exiting a hotel room.

Mjoelner34
07-07-2016, 08:39 AM
I understood he had pictures of the two of them exiting a hotel room.

That's what I have always heard too.

By the way, is this the same case where Johanningmeier was forced to release his notes on the case? Maybe somebody else can verify this but I swear I remember seeing a photo of a sheet from a yellow legal pad where, in the upper right hand part, Johanningmeier had scribbled "agree not to investigate Tennessee in exchange for information from Phil Fulmer"

maroonmania
07-07-2016, 08:45 AM
No, it was XenaReb, and she chose that as her screen name for the Ole Miss message boards long before the scandal. I believe she think she looked like Xena the Warrior Princess from TV. She was a long-time State hater on the boards.

The lead investigator Johanningmeier denied ever knowing XenaReb but later, during a separate trial where an Alabama coach was suing the NCAA, Johanningmeier was put on the stand and admitted under oath to being in XenaReb's house. Not sure if he admitted to anything else and I'm not sure what Sherrill's pictures show, but Johanningmeier just being there is proof of unethical collusion between OM fans and the lead NCAA investigator.

Yea, pretty sure RJ not only knew her but knew her in the biblical sense.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 09:23 AM

More info please!

He's talking about the Analesa Presley catfish Twitter acct.

Jack Lambert
07-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Fatburger is a walking nut sack. His journalist integrity is the equivalent to Pravda. He's a mouthpiece for the Plantation.

He's from North Carolina and I hate North Carolina walking nut sacks.

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
And this would be the start of the legend of Z Reb I do believe. Not Zema that crap drink in a bottle, damn hate to insult that crap drink Zema in a bottle.

Zima, not Zema

MSUDawg99
07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
There's Zima beer & XenaReb

TUSK
07-07-2016, 09:33 PM

ahhhh, that's a blast from the past... Rich "I'm the guy that buried Bama" Johanningmeier.... at least that's how he introduced himself once in Jackson, MS when he was snooping around on OM....

Man, that cat's crooked...

Corn Bread
07-07-2016, 09:51 PM
You are correct. Never ED from a smart phone. But yes messed up.

blacklistedbully
07-08-2016, 09:32 AM
"He was brutal," recalls the former UM staffer, who declined to be named for this article. "He was presenting things as facts, whether they were true or not. I remember situations where I was telling the truth, and he just wouldn't accept it, and there was nothing I could do to prove it to him."

Until his May 2012 retirement, Johanningmeier was one of the NCAA's top cops. His role in the UM case adds further evidence to suspicions that regulators didn't play fair. The revelation that a man with a controversial past played such a large role supports university President Donna Shalala's allegation that UM was "wronged." Throughout his career, Johanningmeier has been accused in court filings and testimony of unethical behavior, including:

1) Railroading two University of Alabama football coaches based on shoddy information from secret witnesses.

2) Manipulating witness testimony to concoct an allegation against former Mississippi (State) head football coach Jackie Sherrill.

3) Playing more of a leading role in the scandal over the NCAA's unethical use of an outside attorney at UM than was originally known.

But the coaches who've crossed the investigator's path since then don't fondly recall the experience.

Take when he was tapped in 2000 to probe the University of Alabama's recruitment of a Memphis player named Albert Means. A Crimson Tide booster paid $150,000 to the defensive tackle's high school coaches to seal Means' commitment to Alabama. The NCAA dispatched Johanningmeier to find out if the coaching staff was aware of the arrangement.

"He'd come in with that buddy-buddy deal," recalls Ivy Williams, then an Alabama assistant coach. "But if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, the script is gonna get flipped and you're going to be the center of attention."

Williams says when he declined to finger other members of the Alabama staff, he and another Alabama assistant coach, Ronnie Cottrell, were targeted. What followed was jurisprudence straight out of Kafka; the NCAA's ammo all came from secret witnesses the accused were never allowed to confront.

"They tell you all this stuff about what somebody has said about you and what you supposedly did, but they never tell you who that person is," Williams says with frustration. "And they tell you what you can't talk about and what you shouldn't say, and the next day, it's leaked out."

The NCAA threatened to cancel the Alabama program. Williams was accused of three major violations: knowing about the Means pay-for-play setup and staying quiet; lying to Johanningmeier about Means' recruitment; and exceeding the number of permitted high school visits in Memphis.

But the coaches who've crossed the investigator's path since then don't fondly recall the experience.

Take when he was tapped in 2000 to probe the University of Alabama's recruitment of a Memphis player named Albert Means. A Crimson Tide booster paid $150,000 to the defensive tackle's high school coaches to seal Means' commitment to Alabama. The NCAA dispatched Johanningmeier to find out if the coaching staff was aware of the arrangement.

"He'd come in with that buddy-buddy deal," recalls Ivy Williams, then an Alabama assistant coach. "But if you don't tell him what he wants to hear, the script is gonna get flipped and you're going to be the center of attention."

Williams says when he declined to finger other members of the Alabama staff, he and another Alabama assistant coach, Ronnie Cottrell, were targeted. What followed was jurisprudence straight out of Kafka; the NCAA's ammo all came from secret witnesses the accused were never allowed to confront.

"They tell you all this stuff about what somebody has said about you and what you supposedly did, but they never tell you who that person is," Williams says with frustration. "And they tell you what you can't talk about and what you shouldn't say, and the next day, it's leaked out."

The NCAA threatened to cancel the Alabama program. Williams was accused of three major violations: knowing about the Means pay-for-play setup and staying quiet; lying to Johanningmeier about Means' recruitment; and exceeding the number of permitted high school visits in Memphis.

In 2002, the NCAA began probing MSU's program over alleged recruiting violations. Again, Johanningmeier and other NCAA investigators pulled information from a source with a clear bias. This time, the secret witness was a University of Mississippi booster named Julie Gibert, according to the lawsuit.

In December 2003, MSU and Sherrill were handed notices of allegations. Among accusations of impermissible contact and illegal expenses for recruits, the most damning claim alleged that coach Sherrill promised a high schooler a car if he attended the school. As evidence, the report referenced a conversation between the coach and the student's grandfather.

But the family countered the claim, adding that the NCAA investigator knew it was false before making an official charge. According to affidavits included in a defamation lawsuit Sherrill filed in 2004 against the NCAA and Johanningmeier, three of the student's family members said their testimony was misused.

"This allegation is false, and I have told the NCAA investigator, Richard A. Johanningmeier, that it was false," the grandfather wrote in his statement. "I would also like to point out in my opinion that my family and I were deliberately deceived by Richard Johanningmeier into believing that any statements to him regarding our involvement in the interview process and/or investigation of Mississippi State University would not be disclosed, at any time... My family's statements have been twisted and untruthfully stated."