PDA

View Full Version : Mid Week on the Marsh

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2016, 06:01 AM
My day is starting off better than yours - headed out the Little Satilla to Umbrella Cut near Cumberland Island to see how they are biting.
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/BrunswickDawg/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskfswhffn.jpeg (http://s356.photobucket.com/user/BrunswickDawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskfswhffn.jpeg.html)

BeastMan
07-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Awesome! Let us know how you did

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Got squat. A croaker, a small whitting, and 2 baby black tips were all I got. Nothing hitting today in the marsh or the sound. I think inshore may be done for the summer. Too damn hot!

BeastMan
07-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Got squat. A croaker, a small whitting, and 2 baby black tips were all I got. Nothing hitting today in the marsh or the sound. I think inshore may be done for the summer. Too damn hot!

If it's anything like MS or LA, we gotta hit that shallow water very early and then switch to deep cuts, preferably connecting ponds or at the mouth of bays. We tried the rigs for trout over the weekend using that thinking but didn't catch anything!

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2016, 01:21 PM
If it's anything like MS or LA, we gotta hit that shallow water very early and then switch to deep cuts, preferably connecting ponds or at the mouth of bays. We tried the rigs for trout over the weekend using that thinking but didn't catch anything!
Yeah, it's pretty much the same here. I was dropping a line in shallow water at 7:15. Tried a pond at 8:30 hoping for reds, then headed for the deep sound between Jekyll and Cumberland fishing a hole right off a sand bar - we usually hit whitting there. The only boats out were charters with tourists - which is always a sign not to fish. My dad's boat is a 19' Winner, and it beats you to death crossing the sounds or getting out beachside so the options are limited on hot days.

But, I got to spend time with my Parents and my son, so I don't care. I'm done for the summer though unless we get a cool snap or someone takes me offshore on a bigger boat.

Duckdawg
07-06-2016, 02:49 PM
We smoked the reds around Leeville this past Friday and Saturday early in the morning, but especially late when the ponds were draining into the bigger lakes. it didn't last long in the evening, 30 minutes to an hour, but it was awesome while it did.

SpeckleDawg
07-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Sure beats a day at work.

Duckdawg, good to hear. We are thinking about a kayak trip to Leeville this weekend.