PDA

View Full Version : Luke Alexander

BorneDawg
07-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Healing well getting stitches out soon and starting therapy this week, said he would be able to start baseball stuff in August.

MSUDawg99
07-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Good deal. Thanks for the update.

Todd4State
07-05-2016, 05:02 PM
I hope he takes the SS job this year.

Coach34
07-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Defensively we know he can- lots of questions at the plate

msstate7
07-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Defensively we know he can- lots of questions at the plate

I agree there's a question mark there, but we're gonna need his defense

Backwoodsdawg
07-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Yeah we need him on that left side somewhere. If he can cut back on all the strikeouts and put it in play consistently he will be fine and help offensively as well.

smootness
07-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Are there really more questions about his offense than most freshmen at this stage? He struck out a lot but also walked a lot, and while he didn't have a lot of XBH, he showed the potential with the 2 HR. The main question on him is just health. If he's healthy, I would be surprised if he didn't put up an OPS of at least around .750.

msstate7
07-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Are there really more questions about his offense than most freshmen at this stage? He struck out a lot but also walked a lot, and while he didn't have a lot of XBH, he showed the potential with the 2 HR. The main question on him is just health. If he's healthy, I would be surprised if he didn't put up an OPS of at least around .750.

.750 is certainly realistic. He was .675 this year

BorneDawg
07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
He will get there. High baseball IQ and unbelievable work ethic + natural talent = success!

BorneDawg
07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Talked to Luke and his dad at church this morning and he is ahead of schedule on his therapy by several weeks. Dr. Said its the fastest he's seen. Should get to do some fall ball. Only thing is he has a little sensitivity in the palm but looking good!

msstate7
07-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Talked to Luke and his dad at church this morning and he is ahead of schedule on his therapy by several weeks. Dr. Said its the fastest he's seen. Should get to do some fall ball. Only thing is he has a little sensitivity in the palm but looking good!

Throwing or fielding hand?

BorneDawg
07-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Throwing or fielding hand?
Glove hand. Said he'd been doing push ups and using bands to get back some strength in arms.
You will see a different Luke at the plate this year ..... He was made to take a lot of 1st pith strikes last year instead of attacking the plate. Next year they are gonna let him be more aggressive.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Glove hand. Said he'd been doing push ups and using bands to get back some strength in arms.
You will see a different Luke at the plate this year ..... He was made to take a lot of 1st pith strikes last year instead of attacking the plate. Next year they are gonna let him be more aggressive.

Most freshmen get better as the year goes on but Luke didn't have that chance. He already showed some pop in his bat so hopefully his avg comes up as he gets experience.