PDA

View Full Version : Football question

djaymsu5
07-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Why in the world do we not get the ball to Malik Dear more? The kid is an absolute beast! I know we had Ross mostly in the slot last year and Dear was a freshman but I think Dear could really help this offense out a ton with some jet sweeps etc. Maybe we will this year but if he doesn't get more touches this year I feel like we are wasting his talent. That kid is really good and can run over folks at that. Hell I wouldn't mind giving him a chance at RB if he can handle it. If we can get Ross, Gray, Dear all on the field at one time more that would be sick. Then switch Dear and Myles out. Please tell me if I'm wrong but I would like to see this kid get his hands on the ball more throughout the game somehow. I think he and Ross are both game changers.

djaymsu5
07-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Again the kid was a freshman last year, I get that. So maybe this year he will get the ball A LOT more since we don't have as much depth or experience coming back.

maroonmania
07-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Why in the world do we not get the ball to Malik Dear more? The kid is an absolute beast! I know we had Ross mostly in the slot last year and Dear was a freshman but I think Dear could really help this offense out a ton with some jet sweeps etc. Maybe we will this year but if he doesn't get more touches this year I feel like we are wasting his talent. That kid is really good and can run over folks at that. Hell I wouldn't mind giving him a chance at RB if he can handle it. If we can get Ross, Gray, Dear all on the field at one time more that would be sick. Then switch Dear and Myles out. Please tell me if I'm wrong but I would like to see this kid get his hands on the ball more throughout the game somehow. I think he and Ross are both game changers.

IMO he should be our starting TB but if not he should start in the slot and Ross should move outside. I can only assume that he doesn't want to be a running back. That is the only thing that makes sense.

shoeless joe
07-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Dear is good and I think he will be very good for us over his career. But I do believe that a lot of folks want him at RB because he is built like and reminds them of JRob.

IMO the backfield will be fine this next year.

djaymsu5
07-05-2016, 09:28 AM
IMO he should be our starting TB but if not he should start in the slot and Ross should move outside. I can only assume that he doesn't want to be a running back. That is the only thing that makes sense.

Yea I mean you would think if you were a kid competing for a spot and they give you a chance at TB or wherever you jump at that opportunity but who knows. I mean the kid has to get more touches this year though there is no if ans or buts about it.

Reason2succeed
07-05-2016, 09:29 AM
It may be that he is better suited to block defensive backs than linebackers.

djaymsu5
07-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Dear is good and I think he will be very good for us over his career. But I do believe that a lot of folks want him at RB because he is built like and reminds them of JRob.

IMO the backfield will be fine this next year.

Yea true I mean I would rather have the RB's we recruited play RB honestly because he is a perfect slot WR but it just so happened we had one of the best slot guys in the country there last year and he's coming back. Some have mentioned they are probably going to move Ross outside so I guess we will see what happens with that.

msstate7
07-05-2016, 09:33 AM
It may be that he is better suited to block defensive backs than linebackers.

I know I'd rather db's try to tackle him than lb's

GTHOM
07-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Because it makes too much sense for Dan Walsh to give him the ball. We have to reinvent the wheel

Tbonewannabe
07-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Again the kid was a freshman last year, I get that. So maybe this year he will get the ball A LOT more since we don't have as much depth or experience coming back.

The list of freshmen who have played a significant role under Dan probably looks like this:

Bumphis
Bear Wilson

The end. Dan just doesn't really trust a freshman not to screw up it seems.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2016, 10:40 AM
It's easy to pile on Mullen but Malik also stayed nicked up & wasn't in the best of shape last year. His touches will double this year. Last year we had a few guys who fans thought needed more touches. That's a good thing meant we had several playmakers. Ross & Bear were our top guys so they had to eat. Fred Brown was Mr. Dependable. Then Holloway had carved his niche out of the backfield. So guys like Myles, Dear, Johnson, Hutchinson, Gray, etc fans wanted them to get the ball more but Dak only had so many balls to go around.

djaymsu5
07-05-2016, 10:48 AM
It's easy to pile on Mullen but Malik also stayed nicked up & wasn't in the best of shape last year. His touches will double this year. Last year we had a few guys who fans thought needed more touches. That's a good thing meant we had several playmakers. Ross & Bear were our top guys so they had to eat. Fred Brown was Mr. Dependable. Then Holloway had carved his niche out of the backfield. So guys like Myles, Dear, Johnson, Hutchinson, Gray, etc fans wanted them to get the ball more but Dak only had so many balls to go around.

I understand that. This year there shouldn't be that excuse. I do feel his touches double as well. I didn't know he was nicked up a good bit throughout the year though.