PDA

View Full Version : hailstate baseball stat (sho) - need help

sleepy dawg
07-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Can someone help me decipher what this stat means on hailstate baseball stats? This is probably very obvious to some, but I don't understand it.

The stat is "sho" for pitchers. I would assume this is shutouts, but it is displayed as:

Player sho
Ryan Rigby 0/0
Konnor Pilkington 0/2
Zac Houston 0/4
Dakota Hudson 2/0
Keegan James 0/3
Blake Smith 0/1
Austin Sexton 1/0

The first number would appear to be the shutout stat, but I can't figure out what the second number is. Any help?

link to stats page:
http://msstate_ftp.sidearmsports.com/stats/bb/2016/teamcume.htm

Todd4State
07-04-2016, 06:57 PM
It is shutouts. When more than one pitcher is involved in a shutout it's denoted by the second number. The first number is if they start the game and get a shutout I believe.

sleepy dawg
07-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks. It was requested this year that I add some pitching sabrmetrics in addition to the batting that I do. I am working on that for next season. If there are any particular stats someone wants to see, let me know.

BiscuitEater
07-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks. It was requested this year that I add some pitching sabrmetrics in addition to the batting that I do. I am working on that for next season. If there are any particular stats someone wants to see, let me know.

Don't know if you can figure it out .. during the CWS, announcers stated that .."Coastal Carolina scored 72% of the time they sacrificed a runner to second." I thought that was a relatively high percentage but I also know that State had really good success getting runs home with 2 outs this year.

Is there a way to figure out both 'bunting success rate' and 'team batting average with 2 outs?'

sleepy dawg
07-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Don't know if you can figure it out .. during the CWS, announcers stated that .."Coastal Carolina scored 72% of the time they sacrificed a runner to second." I thought that was a relatively high percentage but I also know that State had really good success getting runs home with 2 outs this year.

Is there a way to figure out both 'bunting success rate' and 'team batting average with 2 outs?'

Not with the stats I get from hailstate.