PDA

View Full Version : Why does the paper feel the need to preach

cheewgumm
07-04-2016, 11:19 AM
That there should be peace among the State's schools?

That is the weirdest thing to me. Why does Kellenburger care or think this at all? He's ( in theory) a reporter, "reporting" and "commenting" on what's happening, not trying to change it.

ShotgunDawg
07-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Because the Ole Miss Athletic Department asked him too.

Harrydawg
07-04-2016, 11:48 AM
They aren't reporting, this has been proven again and again. It's a propaganda machine.

Coach34
07-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Because the Ole Miss Athletic Department asked him too.

Spin Doctors have to change the focus. The focus has been OM, illegal recruiting, violations, and probation. Laremy Tunsil being paid. National people writing articles. So the Spin Doctors and getting their local guys to paint OM as the victim. Everybody is ganging up on poor OM. Rivalry just suddenly turned toxic. We should all get along. Blah blah blah

ShotgunDawg
07-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Spin Doctors have to change the focus. The focus has been OM, illegal recruiting, violations, and probation. Laremy Tunsil being paid. National people writing articles. So the Spin Doctors and getting their local guys to paint OM as the victim. Everybody is ganging up on poor OM. Rivalry just suddenly turned toxic. We should all get along. Blah blah blah

Yup

Funny thing is, all Killaburger's article has done is provide clearity to the situation and made the rivalry more toxic.

MSU fans should double down and enhance what we've been saying. The BS will continue only as long as MSU allows it.

Dawgowar
07-04-2016, 11:59 AM
How many investigative pieces has the Ledger done during THREE YEARS of this ongoing train wreck of an investigation?

Crickets

How times has a single UNM official been called out by the CL for misleading the public as to the status of the investigation?

Kellenbuerger - stop slurping and start reporting. You ran the DUI of our GA as a sports headline for **** sake. Maybe this pesky UNM investigation warrants a few in-state pieces. This is why fans should not be editors or beat writers.

JoseBrown
07-04-2016, 12:22 PM
They just using Hellaburger to try as they may to tell us to lay off and shut the hell up. As much as they fronted about This being the creation of Houston Dale Nutt and Poor little Bucky to there were just a few mistakes made, no pay for play. Some of there lies would sale easier if we just shut the hell up. To me that's all they are doing is trying to convince as many of us as they can to just shut the hell up and move along. But it ain't gonna happen. We need to make sure they get buried in rumor and discussion.

I liked what blacklistedbully posted the other day about that other message board. Many posters supporting schools all over the country were pissed off about the extent the network has gone to buying players. So, keep it up gentlemen, you are really keeping it front and center!!

M.Fillmore
07-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Okay, I confess that I have orchestrated the entire investigation of the Bears by the NCAA. Killaburger's tome has been a real epiphany for me. I just called Mark Emmert and told him that Freeze has assured Killaburger that he hasn't cheated. Mark Emmert said, "Okay, I'll tell the COI that everything is okey-dokey now and to cancel everything."

Todd4State
07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I think the Clarion-Ledger is trying to deflect some attention away from themselves from the accusations and inquiries from MSU fans as to why they haven't been covering the Ole Miss investigation. Their stance is very obviously "we're above that"- but that doesn't make any sense because this investigation is very real and not some message board rumor. It's relevant enough for Sports Illustrated but the Clarion-Ledger wants us to believe that somehow they are "above all of this" because it might "incite an already toxic rivalry"?

Laughable at best. What's next? Are they going to tell us that someone in Nashville does their headlines and they have no control over that either? Oh wait...

DancingRabbit
07-04-2016, 01:39 PM
They're getting really pissed that MSU fans and other fans are having so much fun at the expense of the Rebels. Bruiser calling for lawsuits and physical violence against Robertson. Freeze trying to shame us for our "toxicity".

It was all fun and games while their fans and loyal media were slobbering all over the merry flipmas recruiting, landshark taunting, pious twitter scoldings and flagship proclamations.

Suck it rebals, it's going to be fun!
http://www.nofrackingway.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rats-jumping-ship.jpg

Coach34
07-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Killaburger and other OM mouthpieces are frustrated because they keep getting called out as well. They don't like being held accountable

Todd4State
07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
They're getting really pissed that MSU fans and other fans are having so much fun at the expense of the Rebels. Bruiser calling for lawsuits and physical violence against Robertson. Freeze trying to shame us for our "toxicity".

It was all fun and games while their fans and loyal media were slobbering all over the merry flipmas recruiting, landshark taunting, pious twitter scoldings and flagship proclamations.

Suck it rebals, it's going to be fun!
http://www.nofrackingway.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rats-jumping-ship.jpg

Don't forget the cheap shot on Dak a couple of years ago where they all that was pretty funny.

smootness
07-04-2016, 05:04 PM
It's called an editorial. Been included in newspapers since they began.

Dawgowar
07-04-2016, 06:04 PM
It's comforting to know that once this has played out Yancy and all their recruiting 'gurus' will be sick to their stomachs for years. Imagine the disgrace of writing "Joe Bob Five Star is considering Ole Miss, Alabama, and Ohio State" to "Marshall clips Bears for 3 star JUCO OL" or "I loved the Ole Miss Campus, had a great visit but playing early in a bowl game is important to me"

Dawgcentral
07-04-2016, 06:14 PM
It's called an editorial. Been included in newspapers since they began.

Indeed. And an editorial is actually just an opinion.

I guess it's too much to ask that it at least be an informed opinion. Not some ramble about tensions from a guy who knows as little about Mississippi as an Eskimo knows about Florida.

Killinburgers needs to be the editor of the Food Page. He could better serve with his opinions of the local buffets.

maroonmania
07-05-2016, 08:34 AM
That there should be peace among the State's schools?

That is the weirdest thing to me. Why does Kellenburger care or think this at all? He's ( in theory) a reporter, "reporting" and "commenting" on what's happening, not trying to change it.

What gets me is Fatburger has no relative knowledge on this anyway. How long has that dude even been in the State? Maybe 5 or 6 years? And he can have an opinion that a 100+ year old rivalry has never been this "toxic"? What in the blue blazes does he know about it? IF there had been twitter back in the Sherrill/Brewer days or during the Johannigmeier/XenaReb days then what we are seeing today would just be child's play. I mean if a guy with the legacy knowledge of say a Rick Cleveland wrote an article like this at least he would have some perspective on it. Fatburger hasn't got a clue except what the UNM athletic department is feeding him to write. It was just downright shocking that the Beaver was in such violent agreement with the opinion piece.

PassInterference
07-05-2016, 08:53 AM
I think the Clarion-Ledger is trying to deflect some attention away from themselves from the accusations and inquiries from MSU fans as to why they haven't been covering the Ole Miss investigation.

This. The CL has been thoroughly embarrassed in the last year or two.

maroonmania
07-05-2016, 09:00 AM
This. The CL has been thoroughly embarrassed in the last year or two.

CL embarrassed? They are so "all in" with UNM at this point I'm not sure embarrassment is even possible with them.

fishwater99
07-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Indeed. And an editorial is actually just an opinion.

I guess it's too much to ask that it at least be an informed opinion. Not some ramble about tensions from a guy who knows as little about Mississippi as an Eskimo knows about Florida.

Killinburgers needs to be the editor of the Food Page. He could better serve with his opinions of the local buffets.

Nice... But, so true !!!

archdog
07-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Where was the paper when DeVinner POS was being allowed to grandstand on UM campus a couple years ago. 17 the paper.