PDA

View Full Version : This BS is getting predictable, Kellenburger with a Why can't we all just get along..

Coursesuper
07-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Editorial. Complete shat dude, the UNM tools couldn't handle getting their asses kicked and went over the top to beat us. Now it's time to pay the ferryman and they don't like it one bit. They are doing everything they can't to sway public opinion but it's to late, the national media has their teeth in this now and they are shat out of luck. Keep it up purchased media types at least your getting paid like all the others involved in this shat storm.

smootness
07-02-2016, 12:36 PM
That article is 100% correct. I'm not a fan of Kellenberger, and you may feel like the timing is suspect, but he's right.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Kellenberger is correct in a utopian world, but what is MSU supposed to do when recruits that are MSU leans are bought off and go to Ole Miss? Does MSU not have a right to win as well?

I'm sorry but what happened with CJ, AJ Brown, Willie Gay, Ole Miss buying off Callaway HS, Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Javon Patterson, Nick Brassel, Tee Sheperd, Pat Pat, Sanders, Pack, etc etc is what has caused this.

On the whole, if Ole Miss would stop buying off in-state players that are MSU leans and stealing from MSU, I think you'd see a more tame rivalry. I believe most MSU fan's frustration of Ole Miss out of state recruiting is because we know it's a manifestation of what they already do inside the state.

So here's the question Hugh, you want MSU fans to lie down while being blatantly stolen from by a fraud hypocrite Bible thumper?

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2016, 01:00 PM
It's funny when reading the comments to the article that all the Ole Miss fans want civility while MSU fans are pissed. I wonder why?

Perhaps because they are extremely happy about the arrangement right now. They get to buy off most any recruit they want while MSU will get a few & most of the left overs.

Does that sound fair Hugh? If not, then why should MSU fans stand for it?

The problem is that Ole Miss stopped respecting other people's space. The are MSU recruits, there are Ole Miss recruits, & then there are the 50/50 recruits. Ole Miss started buying off MSU recruits & that's the problem.

MedDawg
07-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Coach34
07-02-2016, 01:01 PM
That article is 100% correct. I'm not a fan of Kellenberger, and you may feel like the timing is suspect, but he's right.

Killaburger is upset he keeps getting called to the carpet for not doing his job. What local reporter in the entire country wouldnt be interviewing Tunsil, Momma, Lindsey Miller, anybody they could to report this story on your local team and the trouble they are facing???? Devinner was interviewed locally involving our problems- why not Lindsey Miller? Its mind-boggling at their ineptness in this

The Rebals own beatwriter- Pauling- lied to everyone 2 weeks before the NOA was released claiming they werent under investigation and hadnt received anything. The whole damn world knew they were under investigation and getting an NOA- but he didnt???

Coach34
07-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Does that sound fair Hugh? If not, then why should MSU fans stand for it?

This is what I view C34's contribution to society as- motivating State fans to not accept these types of things anymore. We accepted 2nd place in this state before I was born and into my teenage years. No more. Fight their BS

confucius say
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not reading the article. Not clicking the link. Is the premise we and da bears should get along for the benefit of all?

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Never has the Ole Miss and Mississippi State rivalry been more toxic. It’s become mean-spirited, short-sighted and to the detriment of the state as a whole.
Have you felt the change? It’s happened quickly, within the past five years. TSUN is tame compared to some of the things routinely said by fans of both sides online every single day.
Rivalries can be good. If sports are an opportunity for us to check out of the day-to-day responsibilities and drudgery of life, then rivalries can provide an outlet the same way. If you want to “hate” something relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of the world, maybe that keeps you from feeling those emotions towards your fellow man.
But it does not have to be like this, and I’m concerned for what’s going to happen next.
It’s delighting in Robert Nkemdiche jumping out of a hotel room window or Dak Prescott’s arrest on DUI charges. It’s responding to any mention of the NCAA’s investigation into Ole Miss with a retort about the one-game suspension for Jeffery Simmons. It’s a demented game of, “anything you can do, I can do better.” Instead, it’s “anything we did, I can find something you did worse.”

Look on Twitter any day of the week, even now in the dead time of the college sports calendar, and it’s an absolute cesspool. I do not go looking for it, but occasionally will get tagged in fights that last for hours, and the level of vitriol is truly stunning from these keyboard warriors. Most of it is not safe for an all-ages publication, but trust that Twitter’s quality filter is working overdrive on Egg Bowl Twitter these days.
These are not the stereotypical bloggers in their mother’s basement, either (in one case, it’s the governor’s communications director). These are people with fully grown lives, neglecting some part of it in order to get the last word edgewise or come up with the perfect meme. But for what purpose?
It’s been determined that every member of the Mississippi sporting media has a preconceived agenda, the inevitable byproduct of a media group that has become increasingly fractured over the years because of the rise of fan sites and the credentialing of those who feel like they’re a part of the team instead of someone paid to cover it. We’re not alone in this — political coverage has many of the same problems, with too many choosing to get their news from someone that will disseminate it through their mutual world view — but it’s still a problem.
To be sure, there are media members out there with agendas. But there are far more in this state that do not subject their readers or listeners to the vitriol, and those are the ones that you should trust. (This is where I, again, remind readers that I’m from North Carolina and really not a fan of any college and certainly not the one I covered for 3 ? years prior to becoming sports columnist. And if I fail to promote an upcoming radio appearance, it’s not because of the content but instead because I’ve mostly stopped doing that unless it’s for a friend’s show.)

My personal theory for what has changed: both programs got good. Really good. And instead of delighting in the respective rises of Mississippi State and Ole Miss football, there’s a worry that there’s only room for one at the inn and your program’s survival depends on the other’s demise. It’s the crab mentality — the moment one rises to the top of the barrel, the others will do everything they can to pull him down.
Auburn and Alabama went through this stage last decade. They also have, it seems, gotten over it. The rivalry still is there, but also an unspoken understanding that both can accomplish their larger goals without rooting for the other to fall flat on their face. If Alabama is going to another College Football Playoff, who cares if Auburn goes 11-1 or 1-11?
Ole Miss and Mississippi State can do the same. The Egg Bowl can remain the Egg Bowl without all that other crap the preceding 364 days. We’d be better for it, but I fear we're already too far around the bend and there's no coming back

MrKotter
07-02-2016, 01:36 PM
If those pieces of shit are all of a sudden wanting to play nice then bad news is headed their way very soon.

Don't think for one second that lazy fatass stupid mfer came up with this stupid Rodney King Can't we all get along story all by himself. Everything that moron writes has been under direction.

msbulldog
07-02-2016, 01:53 PM
This is what I view C34's contribution to society as- motivating State fans to not accept these types of things anymore. We accepted 2nd place in this state before I was born and into my teenage years. No more. Fight their BS

Thank-you,

spbdawg
07-02-2016, 01:55 PM
#

TUSK
07-02-2016, 01:59 PM
His comment regarding the UA/AU rivalry is on point... those two programs nearly destroyed one another, but it was longer than a decade ago when it really got bad (he was likely referring to CamGate)...

I dunno if there's an "unwritten" rule between the two programs, but it seems neither wants the other to "drop dime" in hopes it doesn't get all "Ramsey-Jelks" crazy...

That being said, Mississippi appears to have taken a page outta Auburn's playbook... and small time programs just can't get away with doing that so overtly and over such a condensed period of time.

Coach34
07-02-2016, 01:59 PM
If anyone thinks the rivalry today is the worst ever, then they haven't been an observer very long. Just get Jackie's son-in-law to tell you about ole miss hate.....he's on this board somewhere.

people have been killed over this rivalry over the years. The was a shooting and some people killed after the Iron Bowl just a couple of years ago.

While some OM fans may want to kill me- I wish them no harm. I just enjoy laughing at them

Coach34
07-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I dunno if there's an "unwritten" rule between the two programs, but it seems neither wants the other to "drop dime" in hopes it doesn't get all "Ramsey-Jelks" crazy..

OM has been tuned in by at least 20 schools. Bama, Utah, Georgia, Michigan, Fla State among them. This is in no way State turning them in. Thats what so many of their fans cant seem to grasp. We just wont let them get away with acting like nothing is going on here.

confucius say
07-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Meh, The rivalry is the same its always been. The biggest difference is the advent of social media. People have a vehicle to voice their feelings and thoughts 24/7 now.

Todd4State
07-02-2016, 02:16 PM
My two cents:

**** them. They started it. If they want to be better then they need to figure out a way to do it legally if they want to win and not get their program nuked. Shotgun nailed it in his posts. I couldn't have said it any better.

But here's the thing that moron at the Clarion-Ledger isn't getting: WE didn't turn them in.

Even though we had every right to- their current problems have nothing to do with MSU. So he needs to STFU about all of this "toxic rivalry" BS. The only thing that is toxic here is their recruiting practices which will ultimately ruin them for awhile.

But we at MSU need to get ready because they are going to try to turn us into the NCAA next. Because that's what they do. Only problem for them is this time we don't have a coach the NCAA is after. But we still need to be as clean as we can for the next few years and Scott and our athletic dept. better get ready to deal with it. That is what happened after Ole Miss got nailed in 1994. Granted we actually did turn them in that time. If they try to take down Alabama, Georgia, and Texas- well good luck on that Rebels.

Todd4State
07-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Kellenberger is correct in a utopian world, but what is MSU supposed to do when recruits that are MSU leans are bought off and go to Ole Miss? Does MSU not have a right to win as well?

I'm sorry but what happened with CJ, AJ Brown, Willie Gay, Ole Miss buying off Callaway HS, Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Javon Patterson, Nick Brassel, Tee Sheperd, Pat Pat, Sanders, Pack, etc etc is what has caused this.

On the whole, if Ole Miss would stop buying off in-state players that are MSU leans and stealing from MSU, I think you'd see a more tame rivalry. I believe most MSU fan's frustration of Ole Miss out of state recruiting is because we know it's a manifestation of what they already do inside the state.

So here's the question Hugh, you want MSU fans to lie down while being blatantly stolen from by a fraud hypocrite Bible thumper?

That's the thing- a lot of their fans legitimately think we have no right to win.

It would be like us thinking that they have no right to win in baseball. The difference is instead of buying off their recruits we just improved our baseball program and lo and behold we have better than them over the past six years.

Actually tangibly improving your program. What a concept!

Beaver
07-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Meh, The rivalry is the same its always been. The biggest difference is the advent of social media. People have a vehicle to voice their feelings and thoughts 24/7 now.

Agreed. The other day Clay Travis said that in 14 years of writing he's never had anyone come up and say something mean to his face. On twitter, people love to hate Clay.

It's pretty much the same with MSU and OM fans. All the hate either takes place online, or behind someone's back...

Todd4State
07-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Oh and to Ole Miss fans "civil rivalry" is defined as Ole Miss kicking our ass while we act aw shucks about it and congratulate them.

TUSK
07-02-2016, 02:33 PM
people have been killed over this rivalry over the years. The was a shooting and some people killed after the Iron Bowl just a couple of years ago.

While some OM fans may want to kill me- I wish them no harm. I just enjoy laughing at them

It happens all to frequently, actually... it's nuts....

also, it was not my assertion that MSU turned in OM... my point is, it doesn't matter, OM doesn't have to stroke (as Todd eluded) to really have a meaningful affect on big time programs on an ongoing basis, so they will likely take it out on you cats...

I've still got my O/U at 20-21 skollies which will hamstring them for quite awhile... If they get clipped for 25-30, they are gonna see a bunch of "Vandy and 7" SEC seasons... The Grove will be razed and the Earth salted... (or Spike 80DF'd)...

War Machine Dawg
07-02-2016, 02:35 PM
The only thing that is different now is twitter. Back in the early late 90's and especially the early 2000's it was just as nasty on the message boards as it is on twitter and the message boards now, maybe worse then. Remember eggbowl dot com?

Back then the OM people hated Jackie Sherrill and were pulling dirty tricks to get us on probation. Hiring PI's, sleeping with NCAA investigators, and our NCAA investigation was publicized for 3-4 years by the Clarion Liar along with negative recruiting by our rivals.

This ALL DAY. Every time they start this kumbayah, "let's all get along" bullshit, I go back to this. They want to "get along" and "tame the incivility" so long as we're in "our place" as their doormat to walk all over. That's what these types of articles are really code for in Northern Miss circles. It's them telling us to get back in our place. "Our place" being they kick our ass as often and as badly as they want and we congratulate them while they do it.

Well, I and every other MSU fan with any self-respect and balls say this: Fvck Northern Miss. WE are The People's University and the largest school in the state. WE are the school that's had the success post-integration. WE are The Flagship and THEY are little brother. Our place is on top. So they can keep crying for "civility" so long as they learn to accept they are no longer the power in this state.

Todd4State
07-02-2016, 03:14 PM
This ALL DAY. Every time they start this kumbayah, "let's all get along" bullshit, I go back to this. They want to "get along" and "tame the incivility" so long as we're in "our place" as their doormat to walk all over. That's what these types of articles are really code for in Northern Miss circles. It's them telling us to get back in our place. "Our place" being they kick our ass as often and as badly as they want and we congratulate them while they do it.

Well, I and every other MSU fan with any self-respect and balls say this: Fvck Northern Miss. WE are The People's University and the largest school in the state. WE are the school that's had the success post-integration. WE are The Flagship and THEY are little brother. Our place is on top. So they can keep crying for "civility" so long as they learn to accept they are no longer the power in this state.

Amen.

GTHOM
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Never has the Ole Miss and Mississippi State rivalry been more toxic. It?s become mean-spirited, short-sighted and to the detriment of the state as a whole.
Have you felt the change? It?s happened quickly, within the past five years. TSUN is tame compared to some of the things routinely said by fans of both sides online every single day.
Rivalries can be good. If sports are an opportunity for us to check out of the day-to-day responsibilities and drudgery of life, then rivalries can provide an outlet the same way. If you want to ?hate? something relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of the world, maybe that keeps you from feeling those emotions towards your fellow man.
But it does not have to be like this, and I?m concerned for what?s going to happen next.
It?s delighting in Robert Nkemdiche jumping out of a hotel room window or Dak Prescott?s arrest on DUI charges. It?s responding to any mention of the NCAA?s investigation into Ole Miss with a retort about the one-game suspension for Jeffery Simmons. It?s a demented game of, ?anything you can do, I can do better.? Instead, it?s ?anything we did, I can find something you did worse.?

Look on Twitter any day of the week, even now in the dead time of the college sports calendar, and it?s an absolute cesspool. I do not go looking for it, but occasionally will get tagged in fights that last for hours, and the level of vitriol is truly stunning from these keyboard warriors. Most of it is not safe for an all-ages publication, but trust that Twitter?s quality filter is working overdrive on Egg Bowl Twitter these days.
These are not the stereotypical bloggers in their mother?s basement, either (in one case, it?s the governor?s communications director). These are people with fully grown lives, neglecting some part of it in order to get the last word edgewise or come up with the perfect meme. But for what purpose?
It?s been determined that every member of the Mississippi sporting media has a preconceived agenda, the inevitable byproduct of a media group that has become increasingly fractured over the years because of the rise of fan sites and the credentialing of those who feel like they?re a part of the team instead of someone paid to cover it. We?re not alone in this ? political coverage has many of the same problems, with too many choosing to get their news from someone that will disseminate it through their mutual world view ? but it?s still a problem.
To be sure, there are media members out there with agendas. But there are far more in this state that do not subject their readers or listeners to the vitriol, and those are the ones that you should trust. (This is where I, again, remind readers that I?m from North Carolina and really not a fan of any college and certainly not the one I covered for 3 ? years prior to becoming sports columnist. And if I fail to promote an upcoming radio appearance, it?s not because of the content but instead because I?ve mostly stopped doing that unless it?s for a friend?s show.)

My personal theory for what has changed: both programs got good. Really good. And instead of delighting in the respective rises of Mississippi State and Ole Miss football, there?s a worry that there?s only room for one at the inn and your program?s survival depends on the other?s demise. It?s the crab mentality ? the moment one rises to the top of the barrel, the others will do everything they can to pull him down.
Auburn and Alabama went through this stage last decade. They also have, it seems, gotten over it. The rivalry still is there, but also an unspoken understanding that both can accomplish their larger goals without rooting for the other to fall flat on their face. If Alabama is going to another College Football Playoff, who cares if Auburn goes 11-1 or 1-11?
Ole Miss and Mississippi State can do the same. The Egg Bowl can remain the Egg Bowl without all that other crap the preceding 364 days. We?d be better for it, but I fear we're already too far around the bend and there's no coming back

What a total crock of BS. People try to make peace when they see their end is coming soon... #RIPOleMiss #NotReally

K9 Avenger
07-02-2016, 04:17 PM
OM has been tuned in by at least 20 schools. Bama, Utah, Georgia, Michigan, Fla State among them. This is in no way State turning them in. Thats what so many of their fans cant seem to grasp. We just wont let them get away with acting like nothing is going on here.

One of the many reasons I love this board! Thanks....

MaroonState
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Preach!

Political Hack
07-02-2016, 05:53 PM
They paid someone to LIE on radio shows, in news articles, etc... to get us on probation. They should've thought about "getting along" a long time ago. That ship has sailed. GTHOM.

Leroy Jenkins
07-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Sounds like they have moved on to bargaining... making their way through the stages of grief.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7b/89/21/7b892118a2335bbe3c9901b52cb1df28.jpg

archdog
07-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Where was the outrage over that piece of garbage Devinner? Redmond lost 2/3 of his college career and for what, a deal on a used mustang that anyone could have gotten from a cheesy ass used car salesman.

The UM media put that dude on every radio network they could find. Hell, they had him on campus the next week I believe for SEC Nation or some crap.

I say screw them. Let's see how civil they are the next time shit goes down against us.

TrapGame
07-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Ever had a blowhard run his mouth and you check his ass on it? Then he's all nice and friendly when he realizes he's pissed off the wrong person. OM about to get that ass kicked by the NCAA. They want to be friends now.

They can all rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Y'all have a nice 4th.

msbulldog
07-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Testify!

Dawgcentral
07-02-2016, 06:55 PM
We have more differences than simply which university we attended, which athletic team, or what colors we wear. Killinburgers will never understand this, not having the background from which to draw.

He might have an idea of what a rivalry is supposed to look like. But he hasn't grasped what makes us different from them. It's basically the slaveholder vs the sharecropper. And though many of us have risen beyond those meager times that our grandparent suffered through, we've had experiences that remind us.

I considered journalism as a major when in high school, so I visited OM in the summer of my junior year when they had a seminar and a sort of orientation. I was quickly exposed to a certain mentality,..that of which I won't go into detail. Pretty shocking to say the least. Had no idea a large number of this type of people lived together in one place. I'd grown up living in a number of states here in the U.S.A., both north and south of the Mason Dixon Line. Heard some words and derogatory statements on a daily basis there, which elsewhere in the world, and in this state, I'd only heard on rare occasions, from people who were never taken seriously.

Contrast that to my orientation at MSU the same year. Greater mix of folks. Lots of people like me, with used cars and clothing without designer labels. Instructors that would have you over to their place where folks grilled out and things were casual. I made my decision based on curriculum, but I knew there was more to it than this.

My first week as a student at MSU placed me with new friends,..actually friends of friends. One guy was a belligerent ass****, and as we entered our freshmen dorm lobby, he blurted out the word ni**er for some damn part of his ignorant conversation. He was quickly taken up on it by some rather large black dude who smiled at him graciously as he got REAL close and said,"We don't do that here". Our new aquaintance quickly complied with complete understanding, and for some reason I felt complete joy and understanding in the new home I had chosen.

I still feel that way. And I understand completely why my good friend and cousin says, "They really are different from us".

Hugh should understand the history of his employer, and their current loyalty.

Reason2succeed
07-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Sounds like they have moved on to bargaining... making thier way through the stages of geief.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7b/89/21/7b892118a2335bbe3c9901b52cb1df28.jpg

It's about time! They were in denial for so long. What's going to happen when the hammer drops and their program is struggling to beat Vanderbilt?

BiscuitEater
07-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Need to add Nebraska .. coaches 'swore' that they would turn them in after Stringfellow committed to them .. only to have Bucky swoop in and 'buy' him in the last minute.

Todd4State
07-02-2016, 08:15 PM
It's about time! They were in denial for so long. What's going to happen when the hammer drops and their program is struggling to beat Vanderbilt?

Anger and acceptance. And it will be glorious.

Mutt the Hoople
07-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Maybe if Ole Miss fans would stop trying to get State fans they disagreed with fired, maybe if Ole Miss fans didn't make anonymous midnight phone calls to State fans threatening them, maybe if Ole Miss fans would steal State fans' pets and kill them, maybe we might all get along better.

JohnnyQuid
07-03-2016, 05:01 AM
**** him. nothing is different than its ever been. twitter and social media shit just bring out fringe fans on both sides and exposes the hate that's always been there for the core fan of either side. just now everyone sees how it's ALWAYS been.

someone give killaburger a tampon and a history lesson. what a moron

Mutt the Hoople
07-03-2016, 05:09 AM

We graduate the producers of the Mississippi economy. They graduate the takers.

Maroonandwhite
07-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Kellenburger says he's from NC. I guess he forgot about the Duke/UNC hatred or the nasty rivalry between UNC and NC State. Heck, he grew up 1 state away from one of the most vicious rivalries in the whole country, USCe and Clemson. You wanna talk about hatred between fan bases! Over there, they've taken it almost to the AL/AU level. Has he ever read the venom spread between UCLA/USCw or UT/A&M? His article speaks volumes about his naivete' in general or his lack of knowledge & understanding of the history between State & OM. Our rivalry can't be as big or heated as those aforementioned simply because of population and alumni base. Sure, it would be great if fans could reserve their feelings only for the time limits at respectively athletic events. We could shake hands and smile regardless of outcomes. But that ain't real life. HK should face reality and actually do his job. Report the news without bias or hesitation.

maroonmania
07-03-2016, 07:50 AM
Never has the Ole Miss and Mississippi State rivalry been more toxic. It?s become mean-spirited, short-sighted and to the detriment of the state as a whole.
Have you felt the change? It?s happened quickly, within the past five years. TSUN is tame compared to some of the things routinely said by fans of both sides online every single day.
Rivalries can be good. If sports are an opportunity for us to check out of the day-to-day responsibilities and drudgery of life, then rivalries can provide an outlet the same way. If you want to ?hate? something relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of the world, maybe that keeps you from feeling those emotions towards your fellow man.
But it does not have to be like this, and I?m concerned for what?s going to happen next.
It?s delighting in Robert Nkemdiche jumping out of a hotel room window or Dak Prescott?s arrest on DUI charges. It?s responding to any mention of the NCAA?s investigation into Ole Miss with a retort about the one-game suspension for Jeffery Simmons. It?s a demented game of, ?anything you can do, I can do better.? Instead, it?s ?anything we did, I can find something you did worse.?

Look on Twitter any day of the week, even now in the dead time of the college sports calendar, and it?s an absolute cesspool. I do not go looking for it, but occasionally will get tagged in fights that last for hours, and the level of vitriol is truly stunning from these keyboard warriors. Most of it is not safe for an all-ages publication, but trust that Twitter?s quality filter is working overdrive on Egg Bowl Twitter these days.
These are not the stereotypical bloggers in their mother?s basement, either (in one case, it?s the governor?s communications director). These are people with fully grown lives, neglecting some part of it in order to get the last word edgewise or come up with the perfect meme. But for what purpose?
It?s been determined that every member of the Mississippi sporting media has a preconceived agenda, the inevitable byproduct of a media group that has become increasingly fractured over the years because of the rise of fan sites and the credentialing of those who feel like they?re a part of the team instead of someone paid to cover it. We?re not alone in this ? political coverage has many of the same problems, with too many choosing to get their news from someone that will disseminate it through their mutual world view ? but it?s still a problem.
To be sure, there are media members out there with agendas. But there are far more in this state that do not subject their readers or listeners to the vitriol, and those are the ones that you should trust. (This is where I, again, remind readers that I?m from North Carolina and really not a fan of any college and certainly not the one I covered for 3 ? years prior to becoming sports columnist. And if I fail to promote an upcoming radio appearance, it?s not because of the content but instead because I?ve mostly stopped doing that unless it?s for a friend?s show.)

My personal theory for what has changed: both programs got good. Really good. And instead of delighting in the respective rises of Mississippi State and Ole Miss football, there?s a worry that there?s only room for one at the inn and your program?s survival depends on the other?s demise. It?s the crab mentality ? the moment one rises to the top of the barrel, the others will do everything they can to pull him down.
Ole Miss and Mississippi State can do the same. The Egg Bowl can remain the Egg Bowl without all that other crap the preceding 364 days. We?d be better for it, but I fear we're already too far around the bend and there's no coming back

Thanks for posting because I would not give the CL a click to read it. Now, that is the biggest pile of horse manure I have ever read! First, it was actually worse back in the late 90s when Sherrill was around and winning. As has been mentioned, you had UNM boosters hiring PIs and providing "favors" to NCAA investigators. As far as I know, MSU has had no involvement in the UNM investigation and was really not one of the primary schools that turned in the Bears to begin with. I don't do much twittering but for whatever is going on there it would have been just as bad over there in the early days of Sherrill and Brewer or in the latter days of Sherrill when our investigation was going full steam. Its always bad unless UNM has superiority in football over MSU with no NCAA investigation into the plantation (essentially when everything is dreamy in Rebel world). And I love how Fatburger can sit on his fat ass and not report anything on the UNM NCAA mess and then claim its because he is "above all of this" and not bias or a fan of either school. He can go peddle those cow pies somewhere else. Of course, even takes a cloaked shot at Rosebowl for reporting on the story because he has an "agenda" I guess and has the nerve to actually have sources and lay out what is really going on. The stinging thing is, if UNM had just held to buying off in-state prospects away from us they really wouldn't have any NCAA issues. Its only when they started saying "in your face" to programs like Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, etc. that they got themselves in hot water. Basically what I took from the article, "expect more sitting on the sidelines from your CL newspaper on this issue and please just shutup about it".

EAVdog
07-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Their own Administration constantly refers to themselves as the 'Flagship' University. As if MSU is the Inferior second rate. School. Think about that for a second.

Ole Miss got too big for their own britches and them chickens are coming home to roost. No matter what kind of spin the Clarion Lesger tries. Or their boosters.

mic
07-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Their own Administration constantly refers to themselves as the 'Flagship' University. As if MSU is the Inferior second rate. School. Think about that for a second.

Ole Miss got too big for their own britches and them chickens are coming home to roost. No matter what kind of spin the Clarion Lesger tries. Or their boosters.

Their self glossing themselves as the "falgship" would be equialent of Ohio U claiming they are the flagship university in that state..

confucius say
07-03-2016, 10:35 AM
If this call makes you smile, it's a pretty good sign that you, like me, are not interested in fat boy's olive branch of civility (scroll down slghtly to the radio call, not the tv call). "Hang em bang em baby! Hang them, bang them!"

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/tulane-baseball-home-run-call-todd-graffagnini-060516

I seen it dawg
07-03-2016, 01:16 PM
**** those guys. They can all rot.

LanceHarbor
07-03-2016, 10:14 PM

is UM level douchiness. Please be better than that.

THE Bruce Dickinson
07-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Sounds like they have moved on to bargaining... making their way through the stages of grief.

They are going to move through that depression stage VERY quickly once the hammer comes down. I welcome it.

Welcome to brave new world of MSU football

confucius say
07-03-2016, 11:34 PM

In his defense, I think he was referring to his elite dawgs persona, as opposed to his real life persona

War Machine Dawg
07-03-2016, 11:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3gOZp25.gif
https://67.media.tumblr.com/84b46d362d5dbb7aac0be692b0b01dc2/tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif