PDA

View Full Version : I've been telling you guys Perkins will get drafted

Coach34
08-22-2013, 10:18 PM
NFL draft scout has him projected 3-4th round

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90002&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

Mullen will certainly give him his chance to keep his stock up

Others:

Tyler Russell- 10th QB out of 140 rated- 7th round projection
Denico Autry- 37th out of 260 DE's (he has work to do to get drafted. I like his chances)
Nickoe Whitley- 10th out of 128 F/S....7th round projection
Gabe Jackson- 2nd out of 272 OG's- 1st round projection
Deontae Skinner- 45th out of 255 OLB's...work to do this year

We have 6 guys with legit chance to have their name called in April...These guys have 13 games to do what is necessary

EAVdog
08-22-2013, 10:25 PM
NFL draft scout has him projected 3-4th round

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90002&draftyear=2014&genpos=RB

Mullen will certainly give him his chance to keep his stock up

Others:

Tyler Russell- 10th QB out of 140 rated- 7th round projection
Denico Autry- 37th out of 260 DE's (he has work to do to get drafted. I like his chances)
Nickoe Whitley- 10th out of 128 F/S....7th round projection
Gabe Jackson- 2nd out of 272 OG's- 1st round projection
Deontae Skinner- 45th out of 255 OLB's...work to do this year

We have 6 guys with legit chance to have their name called in April...These guys have 13 games to do what is necessary

Compact, fast, good vision, has good hands. Lots of guys get drafted who fit that mold. With a good Senior Year and Combine he'll get drafted mid round easy.

mic
08-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Perk is the ideal 3rd down back in the NFL. No question he gets drafted.. Crazy thing is that he isn't even the best PURE RB we have on the team..

msstate7
08-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Wanna know the best way to use Perkins? Look at jacquizz Rodgers of The falcons.

Coach34
08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Compact, fast, good vision, has good hands. Lots of guys get drafted who fit that mold. With a good Senior Year and Combine he'll get drafted mid round easy.

yes, quite a few people have said Perk wouldnt get drafted

mic
08-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Wanna know the best way to use Perkins? Look at jacquizz Rodgers of The falcons.

Darren Sproles.. not as fast but much bigger..

Todd4State
08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I think if Perkins can show that he can be a dynamic kick returner as well, it will make him a shoe in.

EAVdog
08-22-2013, 11:06 PM

I was going to make that comparison. I think Perk may be a little thicker but yeah exact same type player. If we use him in the passing game more like we keep hearing about he'll shoot up the draft board. He's not an Anthony Dixon (or Ashton Shumpert) but his type of game is represented on pretty much every team in the NFL these days.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Well Houston will get to see him in person and I doubt Ben Tate will be there next year.

Political Hack
08-23-2013, 07:13 AM
AD is no Ashton Shumpert.

Perk could get plucked late, but making a team is totally different than being drafted. For his and Tyler's sakes, I hope they don't get drafted and an agent can put them in training camp somewhere where they have a real chance to make a roster.

Gabe, Nickoe, & Autry should be fine IMO.

HancockCountyDog
08-23-2013, 08:30 AM
AD is no Ashton Shumpert.

Im confused by this quote.

Are you saying Boobie doesn't measure up to Shump? That is a pretty bold statement considering what AD did here.

Political Hack
08-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Im confused by this quote.

Are you saying Boobie doesn't measure up to Shump? That is a pretty bold statement considering what AD did here.

AD's accomplishments at State weren't really what I was thinking of when I made that post. However, when looking at top end potential Shump has the ability to be a feature back I'm the NFL. AD doesn't. He's a complimentary type guy. Nothing wrong with that, but Shump's top end potential is higher than Boobie's.

Coach34
08-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Shumpert has all but stiff-armed his way past Milton on the depth chart already- now he is looking to take Griff's playing time

Johnson85
08-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Shumpert has all but stiff-armed his way past Milton on the depth chart already- now he is looking to take Griff's playing time

Any chance we still redshirt him? I recognize if he's that good, we probably won't get a RS SR year out of him regardless, but if he's not significantly better than our number 2 back, I just hate to burn a year on special teams play.

smootness
08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
I say play him, and I leaned toward redshirting originally. If he's as good as we all think he can be, then he's good enough that if he starts the 2 or 3 years after this one, he won't be back anyway. RBs are more prone to leave early because it's much better to reduce wear/tear there than at any other position.

If Shumpert's good enough that we would lose him after 4 years and think, 'Dang it, I really wish we had one more year of him, this is going to hurt'...then he wouldn't see a RsSr year anyway. And if he's not, we can replace him by then anyway.

smootness
08-23-2013, 11:30 AM
If you are drafted in the NFL, you almost always make the team.

angusyoung
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I think if Perkins can show that he can be a dynamic kick returner as well, it will make him a shoe in.

Shoe in? What kind of shoe?

Coach34
08-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Any chance we still redshirt him? I recognize if he's that good, we probably won't get a RS SR year out of him regardless, but if he's not significantly better than our number 2 back, I just hate to burn a year on special teams play.

yes, there is always a chance- but he is making it really tough for us to do that. Personally, I still want to redshirt him. I think we will be fine at RB with Perkins and JRob handling the bulk of the load- and mixing in some Griffin. Play Milton in garbage time. But I can also see the side that if you expect him to be one of the top 2 RB's next year- and many do- go ahead and get him 50 carries this year to let him play with 75K screaming at him