PDA

View Full Version : #1 Brandon beats #6 Madison Central 21-14

FlabLoser
08-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Minchew with a 85 yard drive late in the 4th to get the winning TD. He looked real sharp.

And Fletcher Adams is a beast.

Jacksondevildog
08-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Nothing like listening to a bobby hall interview after a loss.

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Minshew made two really nice throws on that last drive. Dropped one in over a defender on a corner route and then hit the WR in stride streaking across the field.

DogBanker
08-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Minshew will be the quarterback in this next class.

mic
08-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Adams will be a stud .. 2015 is a star studded class in MS and we should have the inside track on most of them..

deltadawg99
08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
It would be nice to get Adams in the boat early to help with the 2015 class.

Has the oldest brother done anything at Georgetown? Last I saw he was sidelined with a heart condition.

Todd4State
08-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing like listening to a bobby hall interview after a loss.

Did he blame the officials again?

I bet this one really hurt after he said that they were "offended" that Brandon was ranked number one. What a complete joke.

whosyourdawgy
08-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Hard to believe he is just a junior. He's already been to campus several times and also been to Oxford. I hope we throw an offer his way soon. Never hurts to be the first SEC school to offer.

Todd4State
08-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Hard to believe he is just a junior. He's already been to campus several times and also been to Oxford. I hope we throw an offer his way soon. Never hurts to be the first SEC school to offer.

He was at the Big Dawg Camp, and I think he did pretty well there.

M.Fillmore
08-22-2013, 10:57 PM

I have never heard Hall blame the officials.

TopDog58
08-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Bobby Hall with another inept passing team. What a shock. I'm afraid he's lost his seat at Shapley's to Bo's newest mancrush Coach "Pete"

Todd4State
08-22-2013, 11:38 PM
I have never heard Hall blame the officials.

He did last year after they lost to Olive Branch.

Thick
08-23-2013, 05:27 AM
I spoke to Les and Dan about Minshew at BDC and their time with him during his visits. Les was impressed with his football IQ, but was blown away by his understanding of our offense. He said, "He understands this offense better then our current QB's do".

Dan said the young man could be something special. He said that he has that "it" factor that you wish all QB's were born with. I have no idea when they will offer him, but I do know that Saban has shown some interest too. He's really close friends to the Mangum kid from Prep that's signing with Bama in baseball.

Jacksondevildog
08-23-2013, 06:44 AM
No. He never complimented Brandon one time. He kept talking about how the coaching lost the game for Madison Central.

I bet this one really hurt after he said that they were "offended" that Brandon was ranked number one. What a complete joke.

PassInterference
08-23-2013, 07:10 AM
No. He never complimented Brandon one time. He kept talking about how the coaching lost the game for Madison Central.

With the game tied 14-14 late, Hall's play calling appered to be playing for a tie.

Drugdog
08-23-2013, 07:51 AM
He is not going to make MC a power. If a team is even with MC we lose.
MC has all the ingredients to be THE premier school in the State.
1. Money
2. Support
3. Population
4. Facilities
5. Coaching??????

We should still have a nice season but....

K9 Avenger
08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Bobby Hall with another inept passing team. What a shock. I'm afraid he's lost his seat at Shapley's to Bo's newest mancrush Coach "Pete"
Inept passing team? Did you watch them last year? They threw it all over the field and they'll do the same this year....provided they can find someone to catch it. They had five drops last night and one was a TD and another one could have been. Some of you are like the media...you establish a template and then you just go with it...all evidence to the contrary.

K9 Avenger
08-23-2013, 08:26 AM
He did last year after they lost to Olive Branch.
And he was right...worst I've ever seen

rtdawg
08-23-2013, 08:34 AM
The MC qb has a very strong arm. The passing game issues were not his fault. A lot of drops at pretty key moments in the game. Not defending Hall at all b/c I can't stand him but the dropped passes killed MC tonight....And I will have to say that Minshew was pretty average until the last drive where he made some nice throws.

HancockCountyDog
08-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I only saw the Brandon QB play in the state title game last year, and everything I've heard about the kid is that he has it every where but physically.

By that I mean arm strength and not as big as we would want to run our offense.

I know this won't be popular but I want our QB's to be at least 6'3" and weigh over 210 lbs before they step on campus.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Brandon is the best team in the state. Madison Central isn't far behind. They could meet in Jackson.

And missing a 31-yard FG short? That will lose important games for you down the road, Coach Hall.

MadDawg
08-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Brandon is the best team in the state. Madison Central isn't far behind. They could meet in Jackson.

And missing a 31-yard FG short? That will lose important games for you down the road, Coach Hall.

MC's kicker kicked about a 45 yarder last week at the jamboree.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 08:52 AM
and Drugdog is right, there is no reason that Madison Central shouldn't be the premier school in the state.

Haven't won a title since 1999, and that is their only one. My theory?

Losing Ridgeland kids in 2002 + There's just enough talent leaving Madison and playing at Prep, JA and MRA to keep them from being premier. The kid from Prep that signed with Ole Miss last year would have been at Madison Central. MRA is attracting skill positions because Forrest Williams is running the air raid. Doesn't mean its right, but it excites big time receivers and big time arms.

Potential South Panola players are learning the basics of the offense in 4th grade, while Madison kids are competing for 4th grade championships against each other. Plus, SP kids aren't flocking to North Delta Academy.

Drugdog
08-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Also, that was The worst announcers ever. They could not get anything right.

FlabLoser
08-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Minshew would be another Russell. Pure passer. Smart too. Does that fit Dan's system? Do we take him?

breazy
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Flab it looked like he moved pretty well and ran the zone read pretty well last night.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
and Drugdog is right, there is no reason that Madison Central shouldn't be the premier school in the state.

Losing Ridgeland kids in 2002 + There's just enough talent leaving Madison and playing at Prep, JA and MRA to keep them from being premier. The kid from Prep that signed with Ole Miss last year would have been at Madison Central. MRA is attracting skill positions because Forrest Williams is running the air raid. Doesn't mean its right, but it excites big time receivers and big time arms.

Potential South Panola players are learning the basics of the offense in 4th grade, while Madison kids are competing for 4th grade championships against each other. Plus, SP kids aren't flocking to North Delta Academy.

I don't agree about the Ridgeland guys. Having them would certainly help, but I don't think not having them is holding MC back. MC kicked Ridgeland's tail in the jamboree and RHS has never had a Dandy Dozen player.

The kids that are going to Prep and MRA are going there because of Bobby Hall. They know that he can't coach them and get them to D-I.

South Panola is slowly declining now that their old S&C guy left when Woods left.

FlabLoser
08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
He ran the zone read but I didn't see him run much - maybe because he made the right read to hand the ball off.

I remember Relf made the wrong read about half the time on that play. Ha

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 12:43 PM
He is not going to make MC a power. If a team is even with MC we lose.
MC has all the ingredients to be THE premier school in the State.
1. Money
2. Support
3. Population
4. Facilities
5. Coaching??????

We should still have a nice season but....

The problem is the administration at MC doesn't realize just how bad Bobby Hall is and how much talent he is pissing away. He has them sold on the idea that it's simply bad luck that they haven't gotten past South Panola and Olive Branch in the same season. He talks big and NEVER backs it up....unless it's Clinton.

Lord of the Rings my ass.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 12:46 PM
And he was right...worst I've ever seen

You still don't do it. That's a great way to get the school fined and it sends the wrong message to the players. It just makes him sound like a whiny bitch.

Also- how many times during that game did Hall get a personal foul because he couldn't control himself? At least twice. The players see that and they react to that by getting out of control themselves.

CJDAWG85
08-23-2013, 12:48 PM
The reason MC can never get past the Semis is because the elite teams in the state know how to defend that pathetic excuse of an offense... BH will never win a State Championship if he continues that garbage... MC's QB is 6'4 240 I believe or somewhere around there... If MC ran an offense similar to MSU's back when Relf was there, they'd be a monster

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 12:53 PM
The reason MC can never get past the Semis is because the elite teams in the state know how to defend that pathetic excuse of an offense... BH will never win a State Championship if he continues that garbage... MC's QB is 6'4 240 I believe or somewhere around there... If MC ran an offense similar to MSU's back when Relf was there, they'd be a monster

Well, they have a new offense this year. But yeah- running fullback dive and midline option over and over is playing right into South Panola's hands. Unless you have five o-linemen and a TE that are 6'6" 350 apiece.

Hell will freeze over before Hall does anything that State does successfully.

biscuit
08-23-2013, 12:55 PM
"South Panola is slowly declining"

Sorry, but SP will be just fine.

MadDawg
08-23-2013, 01:13 PM
"I don't agree about the Ridgeland guys. Having them would certainly help, but I don't think not having them is holding MC back. MC kicked Ridgeland's tail in the jamboree and RHS has never had a Dandy Dozen player."

I don't know about that. ole miss kicked our ass in the egg bowl last year, but I bet we have a player or two that would help the bears reach the next level. Also 10 of MC's 17 points came from a lucky FG and a drive assisted with questionable calls - like a 32 yard holding penalty.

State82
08-23-2013, 01:41 PM
The problem is the administration at MC doesn't realize just how bad Bobby Hall is and how much talent he is pissing away. He has them sold on the idea that it's simply bad luck that they haven't gotten past South Panola and Olive Branch in the same season. He talks big and NEVER backs it up....unless it's Clinton.

Lord of the Rings my ass.

This right here. That last series last night for MC was nothing short of atrocious.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
My point on the Ridgeland guys is that Ridgeland has enough talent to compete for their division in 5A every year. If that talent were at Madison Central in addition to the MC talent that they have, then MC may have been able to get over the South Panola/Olive Branch Hump.

Just in the recent memory, Stigers and BJ Lee were pretty good players at Ridgeland that would have helped Madison Central. Overall, of course MC is a better team. Ridgeland (and now Germantown) kids could have plugged some of the holes.

Madison will be just fine. They will play Clinton in a month or so for the District championship and Madison won't be prepared to play South Panola/Olive Branch/Southaven in the playoffs because they have been feasting on horrible teams like Greenville and Northwest Rankin.

Speaking of schools that are doing nothing with a lot of resources. Northwest Rankin may go 2-8 this year. Wasn't it two years ago they entered the Madison Central game undefeated and No. 2 in the state, only to have Bobby Hall run the FB drive 75 times and win by 50 points? That district SUCKS.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
This right here. That last series last night for MC was nothing short of atrocious.

Hard to fire a high school coach that wins like he does just because he can't get over the OB/SP hump.

Madison Central
2012: 10-4 (7-0) District Champions, Lost Semifinals 38-6 to South Panola
2011: 11-3 (7-0) District Champions, Lost Semifinals 40-35 to Olive Branch
2010: 12-2 (6-1) District Co-Champions, Lost Semifinals 43-7 to South Panola
2009: 13-1 (7-0) District Champions, Lost Semifinals 36-21 to South Panola
2008: 12-2 (7-0) District Champions, Lost Semifinals 24-21 to South Panola

The guy has enough support to withstand any fire, and he thinks there should be a statue of himself on Highland Colony with the results above.

fishwater99
08-23-2013, 02:01 PM
How did Jimmy Smith's kid look for MC?

CJDAWG85
08-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Hard to fire a high school coach that wins like he does just because he can't get over the OB/SP hump.

Madison Central

The guy has enough support to withstand any fire, and he thinks there should be a statue of himself on Highland Colony with the results above.

Sure those numbers look good... But when you break down the W's, most are against the garbage teams in their district

TopDog58
08-23-2013, 03:11 PM
My point on the Ridgeland guys is that Ridgeland has enough talent to compete for their division in 5A every year. If that talent were at Madison Central in addition to the MC talent that they have, then MC may have been able to get over the South Panola/Olive Branch Hump.

Just in the recent memory, Stigers and BJ Lee were pretty good players at Ridgeland that would have helped Madison Central. Overall, of course MC is a better team. Ridgeland (and now Germantown) kids could have plugged some of the holes.

Madison will be just fine. They will play Clinton in a month or so for the District championship and Madison won't be prepared to play South Panola/Olive Branch/Southaven in the playoffs because they have been feasting on horrible teams like Greenville and Northwest Rankin.

Speaking of schools that are doing nothing with a lot of resources. Northwest Rankin may go 2-8 this year. Wasn't it two years ago they entered the Madison Central game undefeated and No. 2 in the state, only to have Bobby Hall run the FB drive 75 times and win by 50 points? That district SUCKS.

What resources does NWR have? The school is embarrasingly overcrowded, but the athletic facilities not counting baseball are pitiful. Brandon's on a high right now, but eventually they as well are going to suffer because of the facilities. The failure of the bond issue is going to hurt the entire county athletically because none can compete with the facilities at Clinton, Madison, Germantown, hell even Prep.

NWR had one good year because they had a pretty good QB in a weak division and lucked up and beat Madison Central once. They ended up losing in the playoffs to MC. The 500+ yard butt whipping was the next year on TV.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 04:25 PM
NWR's resources are simple.

39047 is the second richest zip code in the state of Mississippi. If they could build a decent school and win some games, they could be a great school. Instead, the fat cats in Rankin County are living it up in Brandon while NWR suffers.

It will never happen because of the politics behind it, but the best thing that could happen to NWR is for them to split off and form their own school district 65% of the tax base comes from NWR to support 7 other school zones.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 04:38 PM
"South Panola is slowly declining"

Sorry, but SP will be just fine.

I'm not suggesting that they will go 3-8 or anything any time soon. But they won't go 16-0 and they are not the dominant team in Mississippi anymore. They have zero Dandy Dozen players this year. When was the last time that happened? The only players that they have listed as prospects are two guys that are 5'8" and a 300 pound DT with the last name of Barksdale that is only 6'1".

Tony Conner carried that team last year.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 04:46 PM

Starkville is now in MC's region, as well as Columbus. This is by far the most difficult district schedule that they have had in years. Murrah almost beat MC last year and Malik Dear is the kind of guy that can take over a game in high school and pull off an upset. Clinton just hired a new coach last year, but they actually have had as much D-I talent the last three years as MC- Cedric Giles and now Grant Harris. Northwest Rankin is snakebit. Reid Humphries had Tommy John last year and had to stop playing QB, and then they lost their really good RB due to discipline. And now MRA is raiding them for o-linemen. On top of that, their old coach got arrested in that crazy drug bust. They will be fine if and when they get it together.

TopDog58
08-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh I agree. But since Brandon doesn't "have", they will never let NWR have. And since the public outrage over the athletics portion of the failed bond, both will be stuck with pathetic facilities for years to come.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Hard to fire a high school coach that wins like he does just because he can't get over the OB/SP hump.Madison Central

He's the Phil Fulmer of Mississippi high school football.

Of course that again goes back to the administration not knowing jack about football and the landscape. A trained monkey could beat Jim Hill with MC's talent. You would think that the obvious question would be "why can't we get over that hump"? But the answer is "oh, Bobby said it's just bad luck and we should be even better next year. Well, OK."

Honestly, the worst thing is the extreme lack of discipline that his teams show. And that honestly gets them beat against those "equal or better" teams more often than not. I was at the South Panola game where players were throwing helmets down the sideline about 35 yards in disgust in the second quarter while Hall stood there and did nothing. Then you had the Olive Branch debacle where he threw his hat almost to the midfield logo two or three times. Last week they almost got into a fight with Ridgeland at a jamboree.

DogBanker
08-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Northwest drives the RCSD. They had a private foundation a few years ago and when Weathersby found out he made the school split between each other. What needs to happen is consolidate Pisgah/Pelahatchie, Richland/Florence, and Puckett/McLaurin. Too many schools in that district.

As far as football, the players don't wanna play for Hurt. They played for Coates. I would know as I played for both of them at Northwest. Hurt has ran off several guys this year who are at MRA now as juniors who started as sophomores. Hurt's ego is too big. For a guy to win at Northwest, he needs to have a relationship with the players; that's big everywhere. I think that's why Brandon is doing so well because Peterson has that relationship with his players. My junior year, the year we beat MC at their place, we were a better team then them. Had Coates kept running the ball in the playoff game we would've won. We had inside their 20 two times in the 4th by running, but then he decided to pass it when we were whipping them up front just like we had done the first game, I was on the OLine so I'm still mad he didn't run it late. Now the Brights Light game, we just weren't ready. I think we practiced a total of 3 hours that week. MC did a good job of not letting Ramone break any tackles. It was a long night in that offense huddle.

Jack Lambert
08-23-2013, 07:11 PM

The kind of kids you are going to need are not going to move into your school district. If they do they will end up at one of the big private schools. They will either move into German Town or Ranking county schools. Your property value is just too high. Madison Central will continue to keep their status.

Todd4State
08-23-2013, 07:45 PM
The kind of kids you are going to need are not going to move into your school district. If they do they will end up at one of the big private schools. They will either move into German Town or Ranking county schools. Your property value is just too high. Madison Central will continue to keep their status.

And then Madison has the D1 football center and Baptist is about to open a Performance Center that is going to focus on football right down the street from MC. I have to wonder how that is going to affect MC football going forward. I think it will do nothing but help.

biscuit
08-23-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm not suggesting that they will go 3-8 or anything any time soon. But they won't go 16-0 and they are not the dominant team in Mississippi anymore. They have zero Dandy Dozen players this year. When was the last time that happened? The only players that they have listed as prospects are two guys that are 5'8" and a 300 pound DT with the last name of Barksdale that is only 6'1".

Tony Conner carried that team last year.

And they still won number 10 last year. They have a really good chance at 11 this year, and if not this year, next. They will be a player for a loooong time.

curmudgeon
08-23-2013, 10:05 PM
This may be Brandon's year in 6A.

Heard today that West Point decided to murder themselves with a schedule.

Non-conference schedule

at South Panola (6A Champion)
Starkville (defending 5A Champion, now 6A)
Columbus (6A Playoff team)
at Noxubee County (4A powerhouse)

Then they open conference play with probably the best team in 5A this year, Oxford.

They could legitimately start 0-5 and make their way to the championship game.