PDA

View Full Version : Forward rebels

msstate7
07-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Since the NCAA has testimony from Miller saying there was a system in place to play players by boosters, should the NCAA request the financial records of forward rebels? Wonder where the donations to this group went

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2011/10/02/forward-rebels-dissolves-as-a-nonprofit-if-it-ever-really-was-one/

Reason2succeed
07-01-2016, 08:19 AM
"The newspaper ads criticized the University of Mississippi leadership for an alleged lack of ?transparency and accountability.""

I'm glad they got that fixed now.********

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I think Forward Rebels is what put them in this position. They weren't happy with Boone as AD because he wouldn't let them blatantly cheat in the open like they are now and he along with Jones were trying to block Houston Nutt from hiring Saunders. They know what he was about and said as much when they agreed to hire him, but for the salary of janitor because all he did was clean things up. Then Jerrell Powe finally becomes eligible and his way of paying back Saunders was to pen a letter to the ole miss fan base detailing his struggles of being admitted by Jones and Boone. They wanted so bad to be relevant in the SEC that it's going to end up burning down any progress they've made.

Reason2succeed
07-01-2016, 01:49 PM
That and Mullen had reeled off three straight wins over them at that point I believe and declared "we will never lose to that team again" (which may be true because their wins are about to be vacated).

Basically forward rebels was just a bunch of cocky lawyers thinking they could game the system.