PDA

View Full Version : Awesome CWS in 2016

WPDawg
06-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Sucks that we were not there to have a shot but hats off to CC for taking the trophy. Goes to show you dont have to have a bunch of high draft HS All Americans to win it. Just a group of kids in a good program that got better as they got older and gelled in to a winning team. Good world series and lots of great games and teams. We were good enough to be there for sure but there is not a lot of difference in the top teams.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 03:47 PM
The Coastal Carolinas and Fresno States that can jump up and get it done is one of the things to me that makes college baseball so great! Really doesn't happen in football or basketball although Butler got close in basketball a couple of times.

Taog Redloh
06-30-2016, 03:48 PM
A bunch of guys who WANTED to be at CCU too. I hope we get back to that, base our recrootin around MS and surrounding areas.

dawgs
06-30-2016, 04:02 PM
The Coastal Carolinas and Fresno States that can jump up and get it done is one of the things to me that makes college baseball so great! Really doesn't happen in football or basketball although Butler got close in basketball a couple of times.

Those butler teams had several future NBA players.

Taog Redloh
06-30-2016, 04:05 PM

Probably the same reason why we have a chance and have gotten so close too.

SaintDawg
06-30-2016, 04:19 PM
February seems like soooo long ago when this season started. 2016 was a good'un! 2017 will be even better (I hope) God, I love college baseball!

smootness
06-30-2016, 05:36 PM
A bunch of guys who WANTED to be at CCU too. I hope we get back to that, base our recrootin around MS and surrounding areas.

For the record, Coastal Carolina has 9 guys on their roster from SC. State has 14 on the roster from MS.

smootness
06-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Probably the same reason why we have a chance and have gotten so close too.

Good one.

Dawg61
06-30-2016, 06:01 PM
Coastal led the nation in homeruns by a wide margin. Fresno was a #4 seed. Fresno winning was some real life Hoosiers shit. CC winning is a terrific story but I don't think the two seasons are as similar as people are making them out to be.

AlSwearengen
06-30-2016, 06:26 PM

We've had many many good players from all over the country. The broader the recruiting area, the better.

Taog Redloh
06-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Coastal led the nation in homeruns by a wide margin. Fresno was a #4 seed. Fresno winning was some real life Hoosiers shit. CC winning is a terrific story but I don't think the two seasons are as similar as people are making them out to be.

Agree and they've been good for a while. They were projected as a host most of the year.

Bullsy
06-30-2016, 07:50 PM
I think OM beat Coastal Carolina earlier in the year. Look for the webels to claim another mythical natty***