PDA

View Full Version : So Barret Sally says the Tunsil text conversation

MadDawg
06-30-2016, 12:46 PM
is no way possibly true. His reason? Olemiss was cheating so well with boosters paying players, why would they set up a system for coaches to pay players too?

Yes, this dumbass actually said that.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 12:50 PM
All I can say is that Barrett Sallee is living proof that any brainless, moron can get a job giving commentary on sports.

Chip
06-30-2016, 12:54 PM
All I can say is that Barrett Sallee is living proof that any brainless, moron can get a job giving commentary on sports.

True

spbdawg
06-30-2016, 12:56 PM
#

Chip
06-30-2016, 12:56 PM
If I were speculating I would say that the much more likely scenario is that Miller and Farrar are the coordinators of the boosters to get the request taken care of - not that the athletic department has set up a special fund within it to take care of these requests. You know, Occam's Razor, school of logic.

Sallee is a special kind of stupid.

gravedigger
06-30-2016, 12:57 PM
is no way possibly true. His reason? Olemiss was cheating so well with boosters paying players, why would they set up a system for coaches to pay players too?

Yes, this dumbass actually said that.

All except for tunsil saying the conversation was real. I want to know how much it would set us back to buy a couple sallee's. Cant be all that expensive.

msstate7
06-30-2016, 12:59 PM
If I were speculating I would say that the much more likely scenario is that Miller and Farrar are the coordinators of the boosters to get the request taken care of - not that the athletic department has set up a special fund within it to take care of these requests. You know, Occam's Razor, school of logic.

Sallee is a special kind of stupid.
Yep

confucius say
06-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Ole miss has already said they are real, legit texts

LC Dawg
06-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Ole miss has already said they are real, legit texts

Exactly! Why is anyone debating stuff that Ole Miss has already admitted? I guess tomorrow Sallee, or one of the other Rebel controlled scribes, will profess that Tunsil really didn't get loaner cars.

Taog Redloh
06-30-2016, 01:32 PM
Biased journalists come across in the public eye as the worst type of douche. This guy likes them because he hates MSU and Alabama. Nothing more.

Chip
06-30-2016, 01:35 PM
And this is the first time I've listened to this entire show - The Gridiron. Don't even know the name of the host, but he is nothing but an Ole Miss homer apologist. He too, is a special kind of stupid.

MSUDawg99
06-30-2016, 01:37 PM
And this is the first time I've listened to this entire show - The Gridiron. Don't even know the name of the host, but he is nothing but an Ole Miss homer apologist. He too, is a special kind of stupid.

Chris Brooks. Publisher of MS Gridiron magazine.

Chip
06-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Chris Brooks. Publisher of MS Gridiron magazine.

Yeah, him. Quality dumb.

If you're going to have a Sallee on to prognosticate the outcome of the investigation, and you know he's going to be Ole Miss spin positive - ask him something that challenges Sallee's assertions. Play devil's advocate.

Same goes if you have a Dan Wolken on, ask a question or two that challenges what he says. Otherwise, it's terrible radio.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2016, 02:00 PM
When I read the stuff the bears and their ilk are saying with a straight face:

http://i.imgur.com/RUzFyQH.gif

cheewgumm
06-30-2016, 02:19 PM
From the CL...the most trusted news source in MS***

"OXFORD — Ole Miss believes the alleged text message conversations between former offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil and director of football operations John Miller are real,..."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/05/12/ole-miss-laremy-tunsil-text-messages-reportedly-real/84282568/

Jack Lambert
06-30-2016, 02:41 PM
It occurred to me just now listening to that segment. There are two kinds of people in the world: (1) Those who believe the NCAA assisted UMiss in drafting the self-imposed penalties (and that's all they will receive in terms of punishment); and, (2) Those who believe the NCAA had little/no part in drafting UMiss's self-imposed penalties (and the NCAA will add additional penalties at a later date). There's really no in between category.

Barrett is in category #1 along with most/all Rebs.

And Doug from Miss Sports this morning.

JoseBrown
06-30-2016, 04:12 PM
And Doug from Miss Sports this morning.

When I think of the word "Dumb" that's who I think of, Doug..

Chip
06-30-2016, 04:48 PM
When I think of the word "Dumb" that's who I think of, Doug..

I'll back off my earlier comment and accept your position. However, the Gridiron show remains bad radio.