PDA

View Full Version : Bobo Says Multiple National Articles on OM Will Be Coming Out in the Next Few Weeks

ShotgunDawg
06-30-2016, 09:38 AM
So maybe yesterday's Thamel article was just the opening text to a movie that catches everyone up on where we currently stand.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/2cfb28bf092867afec0b940b5c527999/tumblr_mz5ls9wlTF1qak0qdo4_r1_500.gif

17thebears
06-30-2016, 09:52 AM
Next week, it will Pat Forde who was best friends with Mullen in high school, I guess.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2016, 10:05 AM
I hope that is true. If the national media has turned on them then that will put a lot more pressure on the NCAA to actually do something.

ShotgunDawg
06-30-2016, 10:13 AM
I hope that is true. If the national media has turned on them then that will put a lot more pressure on the NCAA to actually do something.

Could be the opposite as well. Could be that the NCAA is leaking some info to national reporters to prepare the public & Ole Miss for the big blow. They may also be leaking info in order to gauge the public opinion on Ole Miss' transgressions. The NCAA may be softening up the defenses & beaches right now.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Could be the opposite as well. Could be that the NCAA is leaking some info to national reporters to prepare the public & Ole Miss for the big blow. They may also be leaking info in order to gauge the public opinion on Ole Miss' transgressions. The NCAA may be softening up the defenses & beaches right now.

I don't care how it's done. So long as the result looks something like this:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1759349/3igx6Ty_medium.gif

confucius say
06-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Next week, it will Pat Forde who was best friends with Mullen in high school, I guess.

I'm a Lil late on this story, what is the deal with Mullen and thamel's relationship. I heard a caller yesterday on jay whites show say they were childhood friends. Is there any truth to that?

jumbo
06-30-2016, 11:27 AM
I'm a Lil late on this story, what is the deal with Mullen and thamel's relationship. I heard a caller yesterday on jay whites show say they were childhood friends. Is there any truth to that?

Mullen was a grad assistant at Syracuse when Thamel was a student. Bear logic means that they are bestest friends now and Mullen asked Thamel to write this article.

ShotgunDawg
06-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Mullen was a grad assistant at Syracuse when Thamel was a student. Bear logic means that they are bestest friends now and Mullen asked Thamel to write this article.

Personally, I think the quote in the article was Saban. Check out the text. This is Saban's lexicon IMO. He's the only one of the three candidates, Mullen, Saban, & Miles that talks like this. Particulary the last sentence. I feel like I can visualize Saban saying something like this.

"[Does the NCAA] stick to their guns like they said a few years ago and hold the head coach accountable?" asked a veteran SEC head coach. "Or is the NCAA going to wipe their hands of this? If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later."

wayneland5025
06-30-2016, 11:56 AM
So maybe yesterday's Thamel article was just the opening text to a movie that catches everyone up on where we currently stand.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/2cfb28bf092867afec0b940b5c527999/tumblr_mz5ls9wlTF1qak0qdo4_r1_500.gif

Who is Bobo?

Chip
06-30-2016, 11:59 AM
I think he means Bo Bounds. Steve R said he expects more last night in chat, too.

LockeDawg
06-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Personally, I think the quote in the article was Saban. Check out the text. This is Saban's lexicon IMO. He's the only one of the three candidates, Mullen, Saban, & Miles that talks like this. Particulary the last sentence. I feel like I can visualize Saban saying something like this.

"[Does the NCAA] stick to their guns like they said a few years ago and hold the head coach accountable?" asked a veteran SEC head coach. "Or is the NCAA going to wipe their hands of this? If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later."
Lane Kiffins brother's name is littered throughout that NOA - I'm not sure Saban would want to throw something out like this when his OC's family is embroiled in it and could very well get a show cause slapped on him. IDK, Maybe Saban doesn't give a crap about Lane's family connection to this?

phatdog
06-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Saban doesn't give a crap about Lane's family. Or anyone else's for that matter.

msstate7
06-30-2016, 05:29 PM
Lane Kiffins brother's name is littered throughout that NOA - I'm not sure Saban would want to throw something out like this when his OC's family is embroiled in it and could very well get a show cause slapped on him. IDK, Maybe Saban doesn't give a crap about Lane's family connection to this?

I doubt seriously Saban gives a crap about that. Lane or no lane, Saban will win at bama. Saban makes lane, not the other way around

blacklistedbully
06-30-2016, 05:30 PM

This is what one of the UNM morons on Rivals posted:
The author of this article is a lifelong friend of Dan *******, the Miss. St Head Coach. They are from the same town, went to school together. I think went to college together. They have been close friends their whole lives. It is what SI does now. Hit pieces based on a rival's gossip. Sad that they are no longer a reliable sports source.

So, he goes to Miss St and prints what they want him to. The quote from the SEC Head Coach in there is almost certainly *******. I'll bet he does want them to teach us a lesson.

This is how I responded:
OMG lips moving = OMG lying

Dan Mullen is 5 years older than Thamel. Dan was a high-school football star who went on to play collegiately in Pennsylvania. Something tells me Dan wasn't, "pal-ing around" with a 5th-grader when he started playing football in high school, nor with an 8th-grader when he was playing TE for Ursinus College in PA.

Oh, and Thamel went to Syracuse in NY, so there's that inconvenient truth as well.

See how easily this guy lies? And the nerve of a guy like this taking shots at Thamel for not, "fact-checking" enough. There is no end to his hypocrisy and dishonesty.

smootness
06-30-2016, 05:32 PM

I would guess Saban cares far more about how this affects Bama competitively than how it makes the brother of his OC feel.

But for the record, 'veteran' doesn't necessarily mean 'long-tenured'. Could be just about anybody other than Odom, Smart, and (you would think) Freeze.

JoseBrown
06-30-2016, 05:38 PM

If you read the quote from the veteran coach in Shotgun's post that you quoted, you will read that he is talking specifically about the head coach. And by head coach he means Bucky, not the golden boys little brother. Saban should be and prolly most certainly is pissed at Bucky, and would like nothing more than to see him get hammered for the fraud he is...

blacklistedbully
06-30-2016, 05:41 PM

That's a damn good point.

Topbulldawg
06-30-2016, 06:27 PM
I doubt Saban said this since he just fired an assistant coach for violations. He doesn't want that precident started, even if it is on a smaller scale for him.

Todd4State
06-30-2016, 06:45 PM
I doubt Saban said this since he just fired an assistant coach for violations. He doesn't want that precident started, even if it is on a smaller scale for him.

Saban isn't even close to cheating on the same level as Ole Miss. Get back to me when Freeze fires Barney, Kiffen, Nix, etc.

Reason2succeed
06-30-2016, 07:40 PM

Mullen doesn't cuss publicly to my knowledge and if he did it would not be this flippantly. Miles doesn't talk in complete sentences like this and isn't this coherent. None of the other coaches are veterans unless they are retired. So by process of elimination it was definitely Saban.

That was like an easy game of Clue.

Speaking of Clue. If all the SEC coaches current and former were in a house and Hugh Freeze ended up dead who killed him?

Dawgcentral
06-30-2016, 07:51 PM
"Speaking of Clue. If all the SEC coaches current and former were in a house and Hugh Freeze ended up dead who killed him?"

Termites
Woody Aldegids
Treated Lumber
Pine Beatles
Ash Borers

Spiderman
06-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Mullen doesn't cuss publicly to my knowledge and if he did it would not be this flippantly. Miles doesn't talk in complete sentences like this and isn't this coherent. None of the other coaches are veterans unless they are retired. So by process of elimination it was definitely Saban.

Speaking of Clue. If all the SEC coaches current and former were in a house and Hugh Freeze ended up dead who killed him?

For the last time, and please pin this to the top, IT IS NOT A CURRENT HEAD COACH IN THE SEC!!!!!!!!

If there were a bet, I'd put a whole lot on Pat Dye

JoseBrown
06-30-2016, 09:08 PM

Nails in the lumber...

And according to Finebaum to his vast knowledge of Sabanologism or something it had to be Saban that said it.

Mjoelner34
06-30-2016, 09:18 PM
And according to Finebaum to his vast knowledge of Sabanologism or something it had to be Saban that said it.

Speaking at the SEC’s annual spring meetings in Destin, Fla. on Tuesday, the Alabama coach unsolicitedly went off on the topic that’s swept through college football. He vehemently expressed concern for the future of the sport turning into something similar to AAU basketball. He called it the “Wild Wild West,”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-warns-of-wild-wild-west-in-passionate-stance-against-satellite-camps

Reason2succeed
06-30-2016, 09:21 PM
"Speaking of Clue. If all the SEC coaches current and former were in a house and Hugh Freeze ended up dead who killed him?"

Termites
Woody Aldegids
Treated Lumber
Pine Beatles
Ash Borers

Dangit! You're just too good at this.

Mutt the Hoople
06-30-2016, 09:24 PM
I wish it WAS Dan Mullen. It shows that we're friends with everybody, while the rest of the country hates OM. Also, it puts into their mind that WE control their destiny, that they better be nice to us or they'll find out the reason we Keep That Pimp Hand Scrong.

Chip
06-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Speaking at the SEC’s annual spring meetings in Destin, Fla. on Tuesday, the Alabama coach unsolicitedly went off on the topic that’s swept through college football. He vehemently expressed concern for the future of the sport turning into something similar to AAU basketball. He called it the “Wild Wild West,”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-warns-of-wild-wild-west-in-passionate-stance-against-satellite-camps

I think you just found the veteran SEC coach...

archdog
06-30-2016, 09:36 PM
Golden boy only runs pick plays.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-30-2016, 10:16 PM
For the last time, and please pin this to the top, IT IS NOT A CURRENT HEAD COACH IN THE SEC!!!!!!!!

If that's the case, I'm going with the HBC. But I think it is Saban.

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Who is "Bobo" btw?

Turfdawg67
07-01-2016, 12:10 AM

I doubt it was Mark Richt, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was someone on his staff at UGA. They were highly pissed when Tunsil flipped after being commited to them... twice! Miller even mentioned how he helped stear Laremy away from UGA and wanted Kiffen to "not forget that".

I seen it dawg
07-01-2016, 05:56 AM

It was Saban

dawgoneyall
07-01-2016, 06:38 AM

Termites
Woody Aldegids
Treated Lumber
Pine Beatles
Ash Borers

Snake. Both would die.