PDA

View Full Version : So there is not a single word about this in the C-L print this morning!

Bucky Dog
06-30-2016, 06:28 AM
Color me shocked!***. Stupid asses!!!

CadaverDawg
06-30-2016, 06:35 AM
Damn Nashville.**

Bucky Dog
06-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Huge Burger must have OD'd on pizza and didn't get a chance to run it through the the experts in Nashville!!

Seriously though, I know we have been down this road many times about the C-L but it is absolutely a joke that they had plenty of time yesterday to cut and paste from the SI article and give it some kind of mention. Come on, man!

redstickdawg
06-30-2016, 06:46 AM
clarion rebel at its finest, what did you expect? Journalism? ha!

Martianlander
06-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Nothing in the tsun daily journal either.

Liverpooldawg
06-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Nothing in the tsun daily journal either.

Nope. Ole Parrish did have a big article on how Southern Miss is keeping tabs on conference re-alignment though. I'm sure the one of The Ten that lives in NE Mississippi appreciated that informative article.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Well, you have to remember there is SO much other sporting activity going on right now to fill their sports section like mid-year baseball and Wimbledon and such. Just no room left to report on national articles about the UNM NCAA case. Otherwise they would be all over it.****

BB30
06-30-2016, 08:53 AM
shocker** Absolutely ridiculous.

Reason2succeed
06-30-2016, 08:54 AM
I thought the Clarion Ledger was home delivered toilet paper for dogs. I didn't know they were supposed to actually report news.***

Mjoelner34
06-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Smellslikeburgers didn't have time to write about it. He was busy prepping for his interview to be the new Subway spokesman.

Bucky Dog
06-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Bigger stories as headlines today: Donnie Tyndall sues NCAA over punishment and, Pat Summit was a legend(stolen from the Tennessean)!

Political Hack
06-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Unreal. It'll be backpage come Friday so no one will pay attention to it.

BeastMan
06-30-2016, 09:07 AM
For the life of me, I do not understand how Hugh Kelkenberger can keep going on shows to talk about other people's stories. He was on Finebaum yesterday, not for something he wrote but for something Thamel wrote. He can't reference anything he's covered because he hasn't covered anything relevant. He's giving out opinions on what he thinks the sanctions & bowl bans... Where is it in print in the CL. HK should be churning out stories on this so on Finebaum he can reference his work and get a ton of notoriety, potentially parlaying it into a bigger opportunity.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 09:11 AM
For the life of me, I do not understand how Hugh Kelkenberger can keep going on shows to talk about other people's stories. He was on Finebaum yesterday, not for something he wrote but for something Thamel wrote. He can't reference anything he's covered because he hasn't covered anything relevant. He's giving out opinions on what he thinks the sanctions & bowl bans... Where is it in print in the CL. HK should be churning out stories on this so on Finebaum he can reference his work and get a ton of notoriety, potentially parlaying it into a bigger opportunity.

Several reasons including 1. he is an OM homer to begin with and 2. he doesn't want to end up out of a job like Riley Blevins did.

msstate7
06-30-2016, 09:13 AM

Some people just aren't gamblers... HK can ignore the om story and probably have a safe job at the CL or he can investigate and potentially parlay it into a better job. HK probably just a play it safe guy

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Isn't Clarion Ledger an old Choctaw Indian term that means soiled diaper from a colicky baby?

mic
06-30-2016, 09:24 AM
Actually shocked that our 2017 baseball decommit wasn't headlines..

mic
06-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Unreal. It'll be backpage come Friday so no one will pay attention to it.

I expect an orchestrated "commit" today..
Headlines will be .. Despite NCAA investigation and SI article Ole Miss still recruiting at high level..

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-30-2016, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure why you guys get worked up over this at this point. The C-L has proven time and time again that it isn't going to report on this. But the bottom line is it doesn't matter any more. Before the national guys started reporting on it yes. It did matter then. But it doesn't now. Everybody in Miss. knows what is going on. The important part now is that everyone outside of Miss. becomes aware of what they are doing. And that has started to happen. And will continue.

Forget the C-L. They're old news. They are irrelevant outside a 200 mile radius of Jackson....if that. I honestly don't go to their site any more. I did for a while even though we all clamored to not go there. I finally realized they didn't matter. And I really don't care what they have to say.