PDA

View Full Version : What is Barrett Sallee's angle?

Coursesuper
06-29-2016, 05:35 PM
He is an absolute apologist for UNM. He has no direct connection, is he being paid to tow the part line by an outsider or does he just have a hard on for MSU? I don't get what this cull is up to here.

ScottH
06-29-2016, 05:43 PM
I think Wolken used the description - "media mouthpiece."

Seems to fit.

civildawg
06-29-2016, 05:47 PM
He has always disliked Mullen for whatever reason. He is a big time auburn homer and hates that we have beaten auburn the last few years.

Mjoelner34
06-29-2016, 06:03 PM
What is Barrett Sallee's angle?

90 degrees. As in knees bent 90 degrees while in front of Freezus and Bdork.

Coursesuper
06-29-2016, 06:04 PM
He has always disliked Mullen for whatever reason. He is a big time auburn homer and hates that we have beaten auburn the last few years.

I know who he is, what l don't understand is why is this guy, an auburn homer extreme, pushing the UNM line of this investigation so hard. What does he have or expect to gain? It really makes no sense, the only thing I can come up with is that he is a paid debunker or is paid to refute everything that comes to light from this investigation.

HSVDawg
06-29-2016, 06:12 PM
He's a low level media personality that plays the contrarian against the rest of the national media on pretty much everything. That way if he turns out being right, he can pat himself on the back and pump up his faux journalism credibility. Problem is, when the entire national media is in lock step with the same message, its usually pretty damn close to the truth. And Sallee has been wrong on so many things previously that even if OM gets the light treatment it will still just be the broken clock / blind squirrel phenomenon with ole Barret.

Coach34
06-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Barry needs money to support his reporter lifestyle. OM helps him with that

Coursesuper
06-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Has to be on the take.

djaymsu5
06-29-2016, 09:21 PM
I can't stand that bastard!

DancingRabbit
06-29-2016, 09:52 PM
He's hated Dan and Megan ever since the Cam deal went down. Just trolls MSU fans as a hobby.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 06:25 AM
Barry needs money to support his reporter lifestyle. OM helps him with that

Exactly, the only thing that makes sense with Sallee is that his opinion can be purchased.

Tailgate Superstar
06-30-2016, 08:19 AM
It's not so much that he is an OM apologist, rather he absolutely hates State. He's a huge Auburn homer and has held a grudge against us since the Newton fiasco. He seemed to take it personal that we tried to ruin the miracle year with our false allegations about the good Reverend Newton. He has really been like a child concerning anything MSU related since then. Basically he is just very immature.

maroonmania
06-30-2016, 08:52 AM
It's not so much that he is an OM apologist, rather he absolutely hates State. He's a huge Auburn homer and has held a grudge against us since the Newton fiasco. He seemed to take it personal that we tried to ruin the miracle year with our false allegations about the good Reverend Newton. He has really been like a child concerning anything MSU related since then. Basically he is just very immature.

Even if he hates MSU 100% to the core for whatever reason, that doesn't justify his defense of the Bears at every turn. He should have no allegiance to UNM in any way other than I believe his allegiance has been paid for.

Mjoelner34
06-30-2016, 09:00 AM
What's going to be fun to watch is how fast Sally, Alford and Smellslikeburgers turn around and play the "I've been lied to" card to cover their homeristic asses. At that time is when their twitters and comment sections of their articles need to be loaded with "We were ALL lied to but YOU chose to ignore facts that directly disputed and disproved what you were being spoon-fed and instead voluntarily chose to propagate those lies with blinders on all the while claiming you are a journalist. Nothing could be further from the truth. You are nothing but a hack with an agenda and a keyboard."

Tailgate Superstar
06-30-2016, 09:01 AM
Based on his what we know of him, it could certainly be a situation where there are financial motives at play. I think he absolutely is pro-OM on this thing mainly to piss State fans off though.