06-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Very impressive... Stansbury about to own CUSA

Big4Dawg
06-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Stans gonna Stans. WKU about to dominate CUSA

Leroy Jenkins
06-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Jon Wiener‏ @jonwienersports
Here's a bet he'll be really athletic and pretty much the exact same player leaving as he was coming in. #stans

Jon Wiener‏ @jonwienersports
Many assert Stansbury's biggest issue was in-game coaching. It was player development. Loaded w/ talent, little improvement, zero NBA guys.

shannondawg
06-29-2016, 03:57 PM
He was committed to Tamu and switched. I have privately thought that they are happy with Kennedy now, wonder how happy they will be without Stansbury recruiting for them later?

fishwater99
06-29-2016, 03:59 PM
He was committed to Tamu and switched. I have privately thought that they are happy with Kennedy now, wonder how happy they will be without Stansbury recruiting for them later?

This.. Time will tell. No doubt that Stans was the one bringing in the talent at A&M..

HSVDawg
06-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Great pull for Stans, but looking at it realistically he is a 7 foot, 200 lb center. Chances are he has a developmental year to get stronger, then enters the NBA draft. I'd be surprised if anything else happens. That may be why LSU didn't make a stronger push.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 05:01 PM

He de-committed a few months back. At the time many expected him to go to LSU since he's from Louisiana. Stans gets the Western KY job, hires his godfather (Shammond Williams), & the rest is history. Don't be surprised if Galen Alexander, a 4* SF from Louisiana, follows suit fairly soon.

djaymsu5
06-29-2016, 06:28 PM
You think Nick Weatherspoon will make a decision soon or is he one that will wait until the end?

BiscuitEater
06-29-2016, 06:30 PM

Stans recruited the player's Godfather as an Assistant. That's 'how' he landed the player. Stans doing what Stans does .. recruit.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 06:43 PM
You think Nick Weatherspoon will make a decision soon or is he one that will wait until the end?

He'll sign in the early period.

mic
06-29-2016, 07:12 PM
A 5* with no offers from any of the big boys.. Duke , unc, Kansas, Uk?.
Wasn't Reik listed as a 5 star as well?.

Congrats I guess....

RocketDawg
06-29-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure we or Stansbury or anybody else would really want a 5-star player. They seem to be disruptive and want to run the show, based on Sydney and Newman (I suppose to a lesser degree).

msstate7
06-29-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure we or Stansbury or anybody else would really want a 5-star player. They seem to be disruptive and want to run the show, based on Sydney and Newman (I suppose to a lesser degree).

Maybe it's the ones that don't go to the blue blood programs that are like that

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Id take more 5* than none 5*.

I seen it dawg
06-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Are we gonna have to follow wku hoops now lest we get blasted if we pop off something about their coach and not be totally factual?

msstate7
06-29-2016, 07:27 PM

Me too

mic
06-29-2016, 07:32 PM
Are we gonna have to follow wku hoops now lest we get blasted if we pop off something about their coach and not be totally factual?

Serouosly ... Who gives a **** about WKy?..
Are we going to have a game thread of WKy hoops now.?.

mic
06-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Just saying ..
Next time a 5 star hoops player doesn't have offers form ANY of the big boys will be the first..
Kid may be a lottery pick , but I'm willing to bet right now he's more John Riek than Nerlens Noel ...

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Just saying ..
Next time a 5 star hoops player doesn't have offers form ANY of the big boys will be the first..
Kid may be a lottery pick , but I'm willing to bet right now he's more John Riek than Nerlens Noel ...

I hear you but basketball is a little different. KY, Duke, & Kansas pretty much pick between the top 10-15 kids so the next 10-15 kids who are still 5* but other programs get a chance to grab 1. Case in point was the guard we were recruiting last year Mustapha Herron. He was a 5* who didn't have the elite offers that pretty much came down to MSU & Auburn.

mic
06-29-2016, 07:58 PM
I hear you but basketball is a little different. KY, Duke, & Kansas pretty much pick between the top 10-15 kids so the next 10-15 kids who are still 5* but other programs get a chance to grab 1. Case in point was the guard we were recruiting last year Mustapha Herron. He was a 5* who didn't have the elite offers that pretty much came down to MSU & Auburn.

Mustapaha had many other offers if I remeber.. Maryland and Pitt I know were 2 others.. They may not be one of the top 5 but this kids best offer was I Guess Texas Am....
Like I said he may be a lottery pick ..
The point being let's not document every thing WKy and Stands does... Unless it effects us

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Like I said he may be a lottery pick ..
The point being let's not document every thing WKy and Stands does... Unless it effects us

Now this we agree on

shannondawg
06-29-2016, 09:24 PM
I'll try!

Dawg61
06-29-2016, 09:42 PM

Isn't this player WKU just got rated the #1 center in the country? He has no offers from UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas. How's that possible? Something seems a little fishy

JOHNHEVESYMADE
06-30-2016, 08:11 AM
WKU hired his godfather and he was committed to A&M. Still a very very impressive pull for Stansbury. We can all agree a motivated Stansbury is dangerous. I wish him nothing but the best at WKU. Glad he left A&M because they got good in a hurry when he was there.

BB30
06-30-2016, 08:58 AM
Eh he will do pretty good there, I still think we have one of the best coaches in college basketball and for once we have a very good floor coach that can do something with the talent once he gets it here. Basketball will be fun for us again very soon.

klong-dog
06-30-2016, 09:13 AM
Isn't it bizarre that Stans was/is known for being a great recruiter but could never put anyone in the NBA. Besides a Lawrence Roberts for a couple years and what Tang Hamilton for a few weeks.

Dawg61
06-30-2016, 09:41 AM
Isn't it bizarre that Stans was/is known for being a great recruiter but could never put anyone in the NBA. Besides a Lawrence Roberts for a couple years and what Tang Hamilton for a few weeks.

Bury is great at getting quality talent TO SIGN. However they tend to be great players elsewhere. Monta Ellis, Travis Outlaw, Jonathan Bender, Ben Hansbrough, Romero Osby, Rodney Hood and the guy that Stans kicked off in the summer that transferred to LTech and was 1st team all Shit-Belt.

HSVDawg
06-30-2016, 10:16 AM

Don't forget about Arnett Moultrie. But yeah, I always thought Stans was overrated as a recruiter and somewhat underrated as a motivator and DEFENSIVE floor coach. 3 NBA players in 13 years (none of which actually stuck in the league) is pretty damn subpar. His crootin skills were always a little bit of a myth.

I seen it dawg
06-30-2016, 11:20 AM
WKU hired his godfather and he was committed to A&M. Still a very very impressive pull for Stansbury. We can all agree a motivated Stansbury is dangerous. I wish him nothing but the best at WKU. Glad he left A&M because they got good in a hurry when he was there.

Dangerous? Dangerous to what or whom?

Dawg61
06-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Dangerous? Dangerous to what or whom?

Dangerous to bubble teams