PDA

View Full Version : From SI & Pete Thamel

ScottH
06-29-2016, 12:40 PM
http://www.campusrush.com/ole-miss-rebels-hugh-freeze-laremy-tunsil-ncaa-1891313640.html

Front page SI

mic
06-29-2016, 12:50 PM
The CL and DJ just deadpanned this article..

DancingRabbit
06-29-2016, 01:06 PM
"Are these multiple isolated incidents?" says Buckner, the independent lawyer. "Or is there a pattern of behavior or one or two networks involved? Is there coordination between coaches and boosters? Or were they independent? If I were a hearing panel member, I'd be concerned about it."

Boom

Coach34
06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Damn good article

JoseBrown
06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Kugh Hell-a-burger about to be on 105.9 after given time to digest this....

BrunswickDawg
06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
For all the vitriol The Faithful* were spewing on Twitter about this article, it ranks as a big "eh". I don't think anything new was learned, and confirmed a lot of what we already knew - Kiffin is dumb enough to leave a social media/text trail. I do think his conclusion that this is a watershed moment for the NCAA is dead on.

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Is this "THE" article that was rumored to be coming out?

Coach34
06-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Look for Kiffin to get a show cause

Big4Dawg
06-29-2016, 01:12 PM
is this the big article? Kinda weak. Most of this stuff we already knew

Beaver
06-29-2016, 01:13 PM

I thought there was an article that was supposed to come out with quotes from former OM recruits...

Coach34
06-29-2016, 01:13 PM

supposed to be another I think- but I can't 100% say so

Liverpooldawg
06-29-2016, 01:15 PM
That confirmed stuff that Coach and Rosebowl have been saying, but nothing really new there, FOR US. Now for the rest of the world there is a lot new there. Good article.

confucius say
06-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Why in the hell has kiffin not "resigned" to pursue other endeavors. Stupid on their part.

Coach34
06-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Article wasn't weak at all- it eliminated the He said/she said OM defense. Miller has texts implicating Kiffin- that's a huge no-no

ScreenCaptureThis
06-29-2016, 01:20 PM

I hope not. This didn't say much of anything new for the overall scope, and in fact, lays out some pretty crappy possibilities for OM to skate on some infractions.

I was hoping for much more than that, particularly considering how long the article is.

confucius say
06-29-2016, 01:27 PM
I hope not. This didn't say much of anything new for the overall scope, and in fact, lays out some pretty crappy possibilities for OM to skate on some infractions.

I was hoping for much more than that, particularly considering how long the article is.

You are focusing on the lack of new information. The important part of that story is the info Miller gave NCAA, some of which appears to be verified already and some of which has not. And that kiffin won't survive this.

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2016, 01:29 PM
I don't want the rodent to survive this either.

Tripp McNeely
06-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Underwhelmed

17thebears
06-29-2016, 01:30 PM

There's another one coming.

TrapGame
06-29-2016, 01:31 PM
"This is a very serious case," says Michael Buckner, a Florida-based attorney who frequently works on NCAA cases but is unaffiliated with this one. "The number of Level I violations involved (16 overall, eight in football) coupled with the number of coaches and boosters involved. Those are all very serious violations that threaten the integrity of the sport."

"[Does the NCAA] stick to their guns like they said a few years ago and hold the head coach accountable?" asked a veteran SEC head coach. "Or is the NCAA going to wipe their hands of this? If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later."

The NCAA is going to go in om dry. There is no other choice.

confucius say
06-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Who do you think the "veteran" sec coach was they quoted? Saban? Doesn't sound like miles.

BB30
06-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Fantastic, will be interesting to see how it plays out. No way Kiffin survives this. Quiet honestly I am surprised he has not already been fired.

Tripp McNeely
06-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Actually, on second read, the paragraphs above and below the pictures of the Tunsil video are pretty damning!

cheewgumm
06-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Wait, let me get this straight... Miller said

Among the things Miller says he told the NCAA: Ole Miss had an intricate system in which the school arranged for Tunsil and his family through boosters to get loans, money and free lodging at hotels and residences around Oxford, Miss. He claims he told the NCAA of benefits that spanned nearly three years.

And your response is "meh"?

Hell, how can it get worse?!?

TrapGame
06-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Fantastic, will be interesting to see how it plays out. No way Kiffin survives this. Quiet honestly I am surprised he has not already been fired.

I don't think Freeze survives this. His chances of coaching at om in 2017 have gone drastically south.

Frexzell
06-29-2016, 01:36 PM
In February, Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork incorrectly claimed that the investigation was over in an interview with the The Clarion Ledger, a statement NCAA officials viewed as inappropriate.

This stood out to me.

msstate7
06-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Love that SI is essentially calling the NCAA out... Either drop the hammer or just get out the way

BossDawg
06-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Is this the "big one" that everybody was buzzing about?

JoseBrown
06-29-2016, 01:41 PM
That confirmed stuff that Coach and Rosebowl have been saying, but nothing really new there, FOR US. Now for the rest of the world there is a lot new there. Good article.

To me, this is very important to keep in mind. Good post!

HancockCountyDog
06-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Who do you think the "veteran" sec coach was they quoted? Saban? Doesn't sound like miles.

:cool:

cheewgumm
06-29-2016, 01:44 PM
What is worse than an institutionalized system of getting players money, in which coaches and boosters are involved in?

confucius say
06-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Actually, on second read, the paragraphs above and below the pictures of the Tunsil video are pretty damning!

Yep. Ms polingo better be able to show the "money she and Lindsay had saved" to up and move to Oxford. Consider that along with tunsils messages to Barney asking for money to pay moms bills. The NCAA ain't that stupid

Bully13
06-29-2016, 01:45 PM

Among the things Miller says he told the NCAA: Ole Miss had an intricate system in which the school arranged for Tunsil and his family through boosters to get loans, money and free lodging at hotels and residences around Oxford, Miss. He claims he told the NCAA of benefits that spanned nearly three years.

Exactly. I had not heard about miller showing the NCAA texts confirming housing assistance. Apparently Tunsil's mom is still on the network payroll. Miller's texts prove she's lying. Now I can quit bitchin bout the Oxford house.

Olemiss is going to go down harder than Frazier.

msstate7

I really hope Saban is the driving force behind this investigation. If Saban wants om to burn, they'll burn

PassInterference
We have Ole Miss helping the Tunsils move to Oxford. Well how about that, I guess that makes Sports Illustrated racist. ED was called racist for suggesting that people who lived in an inner city $40,000 house might need some help moving to Oxford.

Says cell phones were collected. Damn, where did we hear that before?

It enumerates a lot of hard evidence from Miller. Objective evidence trumps credibility arguments every time. Sorry, rebels.

We've got a national article zeroing in on how deceptive Ole Miss's public front has been. Bjork was specifically called out for lying to media about the the case. You've got the NCAA agreeing that Ross Bjork's behavior has been inappropriate. So much for "exemplary cooperation".

We've got MSU people turning Ole Miss...wait, that didn't happen. Sorry, rebels.

We've got a national article saying more investigation about Tunsil's draft night revelation is ongoing, despite the impossible claim from rebels that its all over.

We've got a national article saying Ole Miss self-imposed stuff is only a good start. SI is hammering Ole Miss for not so much as firing anybody.

And finally, we've got this national article proclaiming that the NCAA needs to make an example of Ole Miss. The article pretty much says Ole Miss is all-in and has only wrist-slapped itself, whereas the NCAA should to a lot more than that. And they will.

BossDawg
06-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Now that I think about it, a lot of the quotes and whatnot that were initially meant to go along with the article might have been omitted due to the investigation. I'm not sure how it all works, but the NCAA could've stopped all of that somehow. Or the other possibility is that this just simply might not be "THE" article.

msstate7
06-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Yep. Ms polingo better be able to show the "money she and Lindsay had saved" to up and move to Oxford. Consider that along with tunsils messages to Barney asking for money to pay moms bills. The NCAA ain't that stupid

Bank statements a few years before tunsil's recruitment till his signing are probably requested. If she doesn't produce them, the assumption is guilty as charged

Beaver
06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
I found this interesting...

In a statement to SI through a lawyer, she said: "[Miller] continued receiving his pension, child support and military benefits. Why he keeps telling people that Ole Miss promised us something or did something wrong is beyond me, and frankly makes me very angry."

Why is she angry about Miller saying OM did something wrong?

Bubb Rubb
06-29-2016, 01:49 PM

I actually love the tone of the article. Very matter of fact, and covers the Ole Miss side of the story. Rebel folks can't say it was a one-sided article. It was fairly written and fact-based. Those facts are pretty damning. What stood out to me:

- Miller verified a lot of the stuff in the NOA to the SI writer - showing him texts and messages.
- Independent third party experts categorizing the case as "severe"
- Reminding us that the biggest part of it - the ACT fraud - is irrefutable and two coaches have already gotten show clauses over it
- Quoting a rival SEC coach about wanting the NCAA to make a statement
- Essentially putting pressure on the NCAA to do something because everyone is watching
- The NCAA concerned with Bjork for his comments about the investigation being over

Thamel did a great job here in my opinion.

HSVDawg
06-29-2016, 01:50 PM
All content aside, the one thing that this article screams is that the national media has officially condemned Ole Miss. They are guilty by every conceivable metric in the court of public opinion. That can have a significant impact on how the NCAA handles the case. They won't operate like a sequestered jury that is not subject to any outside influence. They will very much be concerned with public perception and the message sent by the penalties, because in the current climate the very function and worth of their entire organization will be under scrutiny. That is what I would be most worried about if I were an OM fan.

BossDawg
06-29-2016, 01:50 PM
*If they do, it's going to turn college football into college basketball, which is a free for all. They need to make a damn statement, sooner or later.".

Holy crap. I missed this part.

Coach34
06-29-2016, 01:51 PM

exactly. The NCAA has texts implicating Kiffin and now implicating Barney. That's staff-wide improper benefits and very damning for them

confucius say
06-29-2016, 01:52 PM
I really hope Saban is the driving force behind this investigation. If Saban wants om to burn, they'll burn

It read like his language, you know he cusses a lot. Now if the word "aight" would have been in the quote, it would be a certainty.

mic
06-29-2016, 01:56 PM
UMiss spin will be and has been that Miller is a liar And everything his says is a lie

Funny thing is the ones actually doing the lying and misleading and have been PROVEN to be doing it is:
Freeze , Bjork and the UMiss PR dept..

spiritual_machine2005
06-29-2016, 01:56 PM
I know some were expecting more from this article. But what this article does do is get people talking about it again. I hope an article like this comes out every week or two throughout the off season. Keep it fresh on peoples minds.

Dawgbite
06-29-2016, 01:59 PM
BURN BABY BURN!

BossDawg
06-29-2016, 01:59 PM
We have Ole Miss helping the Tunsils move to Oxford. Well how about that, I guess that makes Sports Illustrated racist. ED was called racist for suggesting that people who lived in an inner city $40,000 house might need some help moving to Oxford.

Says cell phones were collected. Damn, where did we hear that before?

It enumerates a lot of hard evidence from Miller. Objective evidence trumps credibility arguments every time. Sorry, rebels.

We've got a national article zeroing in on how deceptive Ole Miss's public front has been. Bjork was specifically called out for lying to media about the the case. You've got the NCAA agreeing that Ross Bjork's behavior has been inappropriate. So much for "exemplary cooperation".

We've got MSU people turning Ole Miss...wait, that didn't happen. Sorry, rebels.

We've got a national article saying Ole Miss self-imposed stuff is only a good start. SI is hammering Ole Miss for not so much as firing anybody.

And finally, we've got this national article proclaiming that the NCAA needs to make an example of Ole Miss. The article pretty much says Ole Miss is all-in and has only wrist-slapped itself, whereas the NCAA should to a lot more than that. And they will.

***insert standing ovation GIF here***

PassInterference
06-29-2016, 02:00 PM
I know some were expecting more from this article. But what this article does do is get people talking about it again. I hope an article like this comes out every week or two throughout the off season. Keep it fresh on peoples minds.

Agree. It is also a national writer bringing to the nation's attention what we have known for a while. Rebels hope this story would be contained to egg bowl smack talk.

maroonmania
06-29-2016, 02:01 PM

Exactly, nothing new FOR US, but I don't think that the network of booster loans going out to recruits and their families that allow them to essentially move to Oxford (if they choose) and live well above their means was widely known. This article pretty much 100% substantiates this ongoing practice. I would assume these are the loans that supposedly get paid back after a top flight recruit gets his payday in the NFL draft. Not sure what happens to a recruit that doesn't pan out or gets injured and doesn't get the NFL money to pay these loans back. I guess in that case the loaner has to eat the loss.

Mjoelner34
06-29-2016, 02:01 PM
"In its response to the NCAA, Ole Miss paints the boosters as rogue and stresses that there was no connection between their actions and the coaching staff."

Dear UNM, does this include the two times that Reverend Freezus was with the SAME booster when recruits were present? Once at his house for breakfast and another time in Memphis? Sounds pretty damned coordinated to me.

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2016, 02:07 PM
"In its response to the NCAA, Ole Miss paints the boosters as rogue and stresses that there was no connection between their actions and the coaching staff."

Dear UNM, does this include the two times that Reverend Freezus was with the SAME booster when recruits were present? Once at his house for breakfast and another time in Memphis? Sounds pretty damned coordinated to me.

Or when Kiffin introduced Miller to boosters?

maroonmania
06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
My favorite paragraph:

The theory in SEC circles is simple. If Ole Miss doesn't get hit hard after significant academic fraud, heavy booster involvement and a nationally televised admission of a player taking money, the SEC West will turn into the Wild Wild West. The NCAA has a chance to make a statement as a deterrent for future behavior.

A number of us having been spouting this for months and it sounds like we've got agreement from a lot of others in that if UNM gets off light on this then you might as well light a match to the NCAA rulebook and just let recruiting be anything goes.

confucius say
06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Bank statements a few years before tunsil's recruitment till his signing are probably requested. If she doesn't produce them, the assumption is guilty as charged

It says in article Miller stated he provided the NCAA his financials and banking records "which helped investigators verify an $800 payment from a booster in August 2014"

ILOATHEBears
06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
exactly. The NCAA has texts implicating Kiffin and now implicating Barney. That's staff-wide improper benefits and very damning for them

This is why Freeze doesn't make it and gets handed a SC

confucius say
06-29-2016, 02:23 PM
This is why Freeze doesn't make it and gets handed a SC

And the ironic thing is this info from Miller never comes to light if freeze doesn't open his mouth and call him a wife beater. It is obvious from the following quote that Miller was all in with the cheating and ole miss until freeze's comment pissed him off

"Plz do all the u you said to help me and Desiree and my 2 sons I have been ole miss biggest fan 2 times he committed to ga I was there foor u Be there for us when it's time ok"

They turned on him and he screwed them.

M.Fillmore
06-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Love that SI is essentially calling the NCAA out... Either drop the hammer or just get out the way

This is why I think UM is in BIG trouble. When the focus is on them they are masters of the spin and can thrive. However, now the focus is on the NCAA as to whether they can retain relevancy in the sports world. Hence I think the Bears get hammered really hard.

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2016, 02:25 PM
And here is what everyone needs to remember...

If Bucky hadn't run his bucktoothed mouth after Tunsil beat Miller into the ground then most of this more than likely never comes to light. If had just stayed quiet and had someone go to Miller and say here's a bag of cash to pretend this never happened I am betting he stays quiet. But nope, Bucky ran his mouth and threw Miller under the bus and royally pissed him off so he took his marbles and text messages and went straight to the NCAA. When this is all said and done with, the bear fans are going to blame Miller and blame us, when the whole time they should be mad because their holier than thou coach thought he was untouchable and above the fray and couldn't stay quiet. His ego will be what ultimately brings down TSUN.

ETA: I just see Confucius was thinking and typing the exact same thing I was at the same time.

TrapGame
06-29-2016, 02:26 PM
My favorite paragraph:

The theory in SEC circles is simple. If Ole Miss doesn't get hit hard after significant academic fraud, heavy booster involvement and a nationally televised admission of a player taking money, the SEC West will turn into the Wild Wild West. The NCAA has a chance to make a statement as a deterrent for future behavior.

A number of us having been spouting this for months and it sounds like we've got agreement from a lot of others in that if UNM gets off light on this then you might as well light a match to the NCAA rulebook and just let recruiting be anything goes.

Yep, there is absolutely no way om gets off with a wrist slap and a few schollies taken away. They're going to get hammered pretty hard.

Uncivilengineer
06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Coach Freezus should have never accused Miller of abusing Tunsil's Mom. Instead, he should have sent Kiffin to visit Miller with a duffel bag of cash and a gag order.
It doesn't matter if he is a scum bag, liar, cheat, woman beater ect.... If he has proof of infractions, that's all the NCAA needs. Millers evidence will prove that OM was just as bad as SMU.

If Tunsil's Mother said they saved up for the new house, fine. The NCAA will ask for bank records. She will say no. Here is the kicker, she was married, so any savings accounts would be joint accounts with Miller's name on it too.
He has probably already proven to the NCAA that there was no savings prior to the move.

They will burn. 25 schollies over 4 years. 2 year bowl ban. Show Clause for the Beav, Kiffin. and a few more.

confucius say
06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
"Ole miss paints the boosters as rogue and stresses that there was no connection between their actions and the coaching staff"

1. Uh, not buying. You admitted to having one of the boosters with you during an in home visit with a recruit.

2. Under the new penalty structure, it doesn't matter if you knew what improper actions the boosters were taking, no?

confucius say
06-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Coach Freezus should have never accused Miller of abusing Tunsil's Mom. Instead, he should have sent Kiffin to visit Miller with a duffel bag of cash and a gag order.
It doesn't matter if he is a scum bag, liar, cheat, woman beater ect.... If he has proof of infractions, that's all the NCAA needs. Millers evidence will prove that OM was just as bad as SMU.

If Tunsil's Mother said they saved up for the new house, fine. The NCAA will ask for bank records. She will say no. Here is the kicker, she was married, so any savings accounts would be joint accounts with Miller's name on it too.
He has probably already proven to the NCAA that there was no savings prior to the move.

They will burn. 25 schollies over 4 years. 2 year bowl ban. Show Clause for the Beav, Kiffin. and a few more.

He says in the article he has provided NCAA with his banking records and financials

maroonmania
06-29-2016, 02:39 PM

I find it rather humorous that Miller was absolutely the Network's point man in getting Tunsil to Oxford as a player but now he is a lying, no good SOB according to those same people because he's spilling his guts to the NCAA.

AlSwearengen
06-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Just a bunch of "mistakes". That is all.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2016, 02:43 PM
"Ole Miss has already self-imposed penalties*?taking away 11 football scholarships, disciplining Kiffin and fellow assistant Maurice Harris by limiting their recruiting, disassociated four boosters, paid a fine of $159,325 and placed itself on three years probation".

Did we know that they had placed themselves on three years probation? I didn't.

I loved the way this paragraph leads the reader.

"Ole Miss has still not fired any football coaches, which could lead to skepticism by the NCAA of whether the school has sufficiently acknowledged the extent of its missteps. "Schools are probably not doing what they would have issued under the old system," Buckner said. "You really don't know. Why penalize yourself when the hearing panel may not impose them?""

Basically he is saying that heads should be rolling but are not and that will be seen as a lack of contrition by the NCAA.

maroonmania
06-29-2016, 02:45 PM
"Ole Miss has already self-imposed penalties*—taking away 11 football scholarships, disciplining Kiffin and fellow assistant Maurice Harris by limiting their recruiting, disassociated four boosters, paid a fine of $159,325 and placed itself on three years probation".

Apparently its double secret probation.***

Uncivilengineer
06-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Can someone point to anything about this investigation that is not an Ole Miss lie? Everything from Tunsil's Mothers savings account to Freezuz Booster to Kiffin to Bdork. It's really sad when you think about it. They call Miller the scumbag, he's probably the only one telling the truth.

I know I am more Boy Scoutish than most, but I would be very upset if I had to watch my Alma Mater disgrace themselves like this on a national stage.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2016, 02:50 PM
"Schools continue to engage in really egregious behavior," says Jo Potuto, a former chair of the Committee on Infractions. "Is the penalty high enough that there's a calculus shift (where the risk isn't worth the punishment)? I'm not sure we're at the point where we're hitting schools with sufficiently serious penalties."

In other words, the NCAA needs to bring a program to its knees, to the brink of the death penalty, in order to stop this ish.

PassInterference
06-29-2016, 03:10 PM
9 over 3

PassInterference
06-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Can a school place itself on probation?

If Ole miss has been on probation for 3 years, then they should get hit with being a repeat offender visa vis all the late 2015 stuff that is being investigated due to draft night.

Irondawg
06-29-2016, 03:21 PM
It really is a watershed moment for the NCAA. They may be one of the worst offenders but there are plenty of others doing things much the same way.

If you ever want rules in place that people respect the punishment associated with getting caught has to be severe enough to at least give schools something to fear.

TrapGame
06-29-2016, 03:23 PM

If Ole miss has been on probation for 3 years, then they should get hit with being a repeat offender visa vis all the late 2015 stuff that is being investigated due to draft night.

"That's right judge, I'm going to just put myself on three years house arrest for that armed robbery."

Leroy Jenkins
06-29-2016, 03:31 PM
"If Ole Miss doesn't get hit hard after significant academic fraud, heavy booster involvement and a nationally televised admission of a player taking money, the SEC West will turn into the Wild Wild West."

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/f4/f466c7be248a1d0888904c7e26796473e34bd73374e6c3b038 d0c4d8d1681ba3.jpg

MSUDawg99
06-29-2016, 03:39 PM

Saban was actually my guess, as well.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Look what greeted me on the front page of Yahoo!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/tunsils-stepfather-says-family-got-assistance-to-move-to-oxford-182622896.html

You've got to love "journalism" these days. They just cut, copy, and paste and then wait and count the clicks. I guess that's the Clarion Liar's method too.

Bodaski
06-29-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm sure Tunsil is not the only player the NCAA has looked into that we don't know about. I'll bet there will be other players involved and probaly some from other schools.

MSUDawg99
06-29-2016, 03:52 PM
"Ole Miss has already self-imposed penalties*?taking away 11 football scholarships, disciplining Kiffin and fellow assistant Maurice Harris by limiting their recruiting, disassociated four boosters, paid a fine of $159,325 and placed itself on three years probation".

I loved the way this paragraph leads the reader.

"Ole Miss has still not fired any football coaches, which could lead to skepticism by the NCAA of whether the school has sufficiently acknowledged the extent of its missteps. "Schools are probably not doing what they would have issued under the old system," Buckner said. "You really don't know. Why penalize yourself when the hearing panel may not impose them?""

Basically he is saying that heads should be rolling but are not and that will be seen as a lack of contrition by the NCAA.

I had the same question. Had no idea. In fact, Rosebowl mentioned on his podcast today that they had not offered up probation. So I'm confused.

Gutter Cobreh
06-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Saban was actually my guess, as well.

Inserting the "damn" in the comment lends me to think it's either Bielema or Stoops. I don't see Saban quoting an SI article when his off. coordinator's brother is the one on the hot seat... It could be Miles or Spurrior.

Regardless, I agree with the sentiments expressed that this needs to be the focus of the media until a ruling is handed down and I pray there is another article before media days kicks off.

Gutter Cobreh
06-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Look what greeted me on the front page of Yahoo!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/tunsils-stepfather-says-family-got-assistance-to-move-to-oxford-182622896.html

You've got to love "journalism" these days. They just cut, copy, and paste and then wait and count the clicks. I guess that's the Clarion Liar's method too.

Me too Reason! I didn't even click on it, instead came straight here....

Tripp McNeely
06-29-2016, 04:06 PM
I have this bookmarked in my favorites. Soak it in boys:

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty%2BGuideline%2BMatrix%2B%28Version%2B6 %29_101212.pdf

DawgInMemphis
06-29-2016, 04:17 PM

Just because you're married doesn't mean you have to have joint checking accounts.

Percho
06-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Ole Miss, Low Down Rebel Lier and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3mHhpGV2A

S H A N E - NCAA

spiral
06-29-2016, 04:41 PM
I must have missed this at the time but this quote from freeze bothers me the most: "I say it's God's favor," Freeze told SI on Signing Day in 2013.

That bucktoothed, narrow-eyed, hypocrite may very well be the devil.

If he and om get remotely what they deserve I can't wait to hear him comment about favoritism when all this is over.

FISHDAWG
06-29-2016, 04:41 PM

seems like they were still recruiting very recently if I remember correctly ... how could the administration allow that ?

PassInterference
06-29-2016, 04:46 PM
seems like they were still recruiting very recently if I remember correctly ... how could the administration allow that ?

I am sure Ole Miss gave Kiffin verbal instruction to make a few less calls. Surely this carries as much weight as the instruction Kiffin received to follow NCAA rules.

FISHDAWG
06-29-2016, 04:56 PM
I had the same question. Had no idea. In fact, Rosebowl mentioned on his podcast today that they had not offered up probation. So I'm confused.

the question is - do the current recruits know this

Liverpooldawg
06-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I must have missed this at the time but this quote from freeze bothers me the most: "I say it's God's favor," Freeze told SI on Signing Day in 2013.

If he and om get remotely what they deserve I can't wait to hear him comment about favoritism when all this is over.

That was the most repulsive thing in the whole article.

LockeDawg
06-29-2016, 05:10 PM

They will burn. 25 schollies over 4 years. 2 year bowl ban. Show Clause for the Beav, Kiffin. and a few more.Umm, your wife is feeding you a load of BS if she's telling you she has to be on your bank accounts because you are married. That is FALSE.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Nkemdiche and Treadwell also had ties to the school, as Nkemdiche's brother, Denzel, and Treadwell's high school teammate, Anthony Standifer, were already on the team. "I say it's God's favor," Freeze told SI on Signing Day in 2013. "We had a really good plan, we're selling a really good vision and we have some luck."

Rev. Freezus may want to revisit his theological education on this one here. I think he may have just qualified for a televangelist infomercial at 2am selling miracle spring water from the Jorden River.

DancingRabbit
06-29-2016, 05:35 PM
"Ole miss paints the boosters as rogue and stresses that there was no connection between their actions and the coaching staff"

1. Uh, not buying. You admitted to having one of the boosters with you during an in home visit with a recruit.

2. Under the new penalty structure, it doesn't matter if you knew what improper actions the boosters were taking, no?

I think the new head coach accountability rule is mostly focused on responsibility for actions of coaching staff and AD staff, and maybe to a lesser degree players. I think HC's can still claim ignorance of booster activity, but they will need to prove it. They now cannot claim ignorance of what their staff is doing to excuse accountability. Period. To a degree, they cannot claim ignorance of what their players are doing.

Reason2succeed
06-29-2016, 05:51 PM
I think the new head coach accountability rule is mostly focused on responsibility for actions of coaching staff and AD staff, and maybe to a lesser degree players. I think HC's can still claim ignorance of booster activity, but they will need to prove it. They now cannot claim ignorance of what their staff is doing to excuse accountability. Period. To a degree, they cannot claim ignorance of what their players are doing.

Not so fast my friend. I think they are also held accountable of boosters because they are expected to tell everyone not to cheat. The coaches and the compliance office of which Ole Miss has 100 employees are supposed to ensure that no one is cheating.

Thrill1
06-29-2016, 05:55 PM
I find it rather humorous that Miller was absolutely the Network's point man in getting Tunsil to Oxford as a player but now he is a lying, no good SOB according to those same people because he's spilling his guts to the NCAA.

THIS all day. I just hope he finds a safe hiding place til the 30 for 30 interview.

msbulldog
06-29-2016, 06:28 PM

I would say No, Mississippi does not govern itself.

Uncivilengineer
06-29-2016, 06:32 PM
I realize that, but if they were married the account was most probably co-mingled. This would grant him access to the record during a divorce.

msbulldog
06-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Good read. Thank you

PassInterference
06-29-2016, 07:05 PM

In this case, the head coach is meeting with boosters (plural) and players (plural) at the players' homes. This head coach can't plead ignorance after facilitating illegal booster-contact.

These same players are getting illegal benefits.

It's a picture that shows there is an illegal crootin network with the head coach.

RocketDawg
06-29-2016, 07:10 PM
It's almost as if the writer of the SI article has been reading this board. Using the phrase "The Network" didn't just come out of thin air.

Dolphus Raymond
06-29-2016, 07:44 PM
As best I could, I removed my Maroon and White glasses and re-read this article. Conclusion: Miller gave the NCAA what they needed to come down on Ole Miss hard. Based on what Miller says he gave the NCAA, Ole Miss will face some very serious sanctions. a very damning article to say the least.

msudawg1200
06-29-2016, 07:56 PM

I saw that also. I mean, really Hugh? "God's Favor"? Boy, that caught me the wrong way. What kind of nut job says that? So, if I'm successful and make lots of money and am a total POS I guess it was "God's Favor"? Hugh must watch a lot of Joel Osteen. I must interpret the Bible different than the Beav. I hope he gets his. I guess that will be "God's Favor" also.

Spiderman
06-29-2016, 08:12 PM

Pat Dye, who knows of what he speaks

Spiderman
06-29-2016, 08:28 PM
"One key tenant of the new structure is head coach responsibility, which theoretically could expose Freeze to a suspension despite him not being alleged with any specific wrongdoing."

That is an incorrect statement and someone should let him know and ask for a correction.

Freeze is named and absolutely knew that booster was in an in home and at his own damn house.

Everybody is overlooking this, and in my opinion is the most damning thing in the NOA as pertains to the current staff, except for Asst. AD Miller and Barney paying Tunsil

NYDawg
06-29-2016, 08:40 PM
My favorite paragraph:

I'm not sure I agree with the quoted paragraph entirely. If Ole Miss gets off with anything remotely resembling their self-imposed penalties, recruiting in the SEC and the other Power 5 conferences is about to make the Wild West look tame.

DancingRabbit
06-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Interesting matrix of the new penalty structure. Looks like OM will end up throwing themselves on the mercy of the (NCAA) court.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty%2BGuideline%2BMatrix%2B(Version%2B6)_ 101212.pdf

notsofarawaydawg
06-30-2016, 12:36 AM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/sixpaksux/millertime_zpsbdgux7zs.jpg

Maroonthirteen
06-30-2016, 06:24 AM
The NCAA really needs to make an example of Freeze. Show him that he has to follow the rules like everyone.

Freeze responses through out this whole ordeal suggest that, he truely believes he is a disciple of God. These extra benefits are his manna from the sky, a few loaves of bread and fish into feeding generations of a family.

Martianlander
06-30-2016, 08:02 AM

I see what you did there! Rep points given.

Bubb Rubb
06-30-2016, 09:50 AM

If they prove that Tunsil was getting money from Farrar or that Kiffin was putting him in touch with a booster, the ignorance claim goes out the window. Hell, in their response to the NOA, they acknowledge that Freeze had a booster with him on recruiting visits.

It's going to get bad for Freeze. I don't see how anyone with a brain can see all of this and think otherwise. This isn't message board rumor - this stuff is now showing up in NCAA documentation and national media reports.

Political Hack
06-30-2016, 09:51 AM

Hilarious.