PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Doug Colson this morning?

Dawgcentral
06-28-2016, 05:35 PM
I didn't manage to catch much of the conversation. It had to do with SR's statement on BSR pertaining to his thoughts on OM getting a possible bowl ban.
What I did manage to hear was Colson going on about how he is a different media type than SR, and didn't have time to do investigative reporting, and that his commentary was all about "opinion", but at the same time he seemed to insinuate that SR's statement was also only based upon opinion.
What I didn't hear anyone on the show say was that SR made it pretty plain that he based his statement on prior incidents with how the NCAA handles these things,..so is that opinion or a legitimate educated opinion?
Every time I hear Colson it seems like the topic of the morning is taken straight from the front page of the Clarion Ledger. Sometimes it's almost word for word! Have they invited SR to be on the show? Do they ever quote any type of source besides the CL for insight into these issues?
Colson certainly has enough time to investigate the NFL draft. The show is called Mississippi Sports this Morning. Dude might need to talk to some Mississippians, or at least respect the opinion of those who make the effort.

Jack Lambert
06-28-2016, 08:25 PM
I wonder about Doug sometimes. I think some ole miss ass is his puppet master.

TrapGame
06-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Doug only gives a damn if a ham sandwich is involved.

PassInterference
06-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Haven't listened in years. Doug always sounded like a guy who woke up, read the headlines, put on a radio headset, gave random opinions, and spent the rest of his day on fantasy football.

Schultzy
06-29-2016, 06:08 AM
Shallowest pontificator in the history of local sports talk radio. I left the Jackson metro area ten years ago and cannot believe to hear he is still putting his mouth up close to a microphone everyday.

Bullsy
06-29-2016, 06:29 AM
And no clue he was still on the radio. Last i heard of him was when Chuck Stinson had him had a show. Chuck was a nice guy and did a pretty good job. But holy hell how could anyone listen to Doug by himself on the air.

basedog
06-29-2016, 07:45 AM
I didn't manage to catch much of the conversation. It had to do with SR's statement on BSR pertaining to his thoughts on OM getting a possible bowl ban.
What I did manage to hear was Colson going on about how he is a different media type than SR, and didn't have time to do investigative reporting, and that his commentary was all about "opinion", but at the same time he seemed to insinuate that SR's statement was also only based upon opinion.
What I didn't hear anyone on the show say was that SR made it pretty plain that he based his statement on prior incidents with how the NCAA handles these things,..so is that opinion or a legitimate educated opinion?
Every time I hear Colson it seems like the topic of the morning is taken straight from the front page of the Clarion Ledger. Sometimes it's almost word for word! Have they invited SR to be on the show? Do they ever quote any type of source besides the CL for insight into these issues?
Colson certainly has enough time to investigate the NFL draft. The show is called Mississippi Sports this Morning. Dude might need to talk to some Mississippians, or at least respect the opinion of those who make the effort.

You need to ask your cousin who follows this idiot sometimes. How he has a radio show is about like the city of Jackson fixing the pot holes and containing crime, useless. Your radio must only can get one channel?

JDog13
06-29-2016, 07:54 AM
He is an ole miss fan. He reads what other people put out and regurgitates it.

beretta
06-29-2016, 09:06 AM
I used to work at clear channel in the early 2000s straight out of college when 620 in the morning was the it thing....we had chuck and doug, and ben ingram (now voice of atlanta braves)....espn radio was a distant 2nd for sports talk radio....

we preached to management that we needed an FM sports talk radio and we had the platform to do it, Q105.1, which sucked in ratings even compared to AM sports talk.

Then Ben left for the Braves, and Chuck left TV and Radio for better lifestyle (i didn't blame him)......then enter in ESPN FM radio and a host that did his own branding, marketing and had a true passion for what we want in this market (SEC/college sports) and the rest is history...

I like Doug a lot, but he is not a front seat driver host, and he is a yankee by blood.....he likes SEC/College sports, but like most yankees and big city folks, Pro Ball in all sports is king.....that is polar opposite of his target audience.

the future happened, 620 gets crushed.....gets rid of Jim Rome.....changes to all newstalk with the exception of the morning show.....

Saw this scenario happening 12-15 years ago.

fishwater99
06-29-2016, 09:24 AM
He is an ole miss fan. He reads what other people put out and regurgitates it.

He has a lean towards the Bears for sure.

Pollodawg
06-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Be careful voicing such opinions. Someone may tell him and you could end up with some air time over it.....

JDog13
06-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Be careful voicing such opinions. Someone may tell him and you could end up with some air time over it.....

I've met him several times. He can lick my bhole.

mic
06-29-2016, 07:44 PM
That show is still on the air??. Holy shit..