PDA

View Full Version : Andrew White.. Grad Transfer for Hoops?

fishwater99
06-28-2016, 04:34 PM
http://btn.com/2016/06/26/nebraska-basketball-star-andrew-white-iii-to-transfer/

He's a true #3 player? Do we make the move for him?

maroonmania
06-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Well, with Malik leaving we have an unused scholly for this year so why not? He seems to be a good wing player averaging almost 17 pts/game and could bring some needed experience to our team. Have no idea if he would be interested in us or not though.

djaymsu5
06-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Seems like a great kid and it would be nice to have another shooter to help Tyson Carter and Eli Wright grow. Also with his experience he could really help our young guys with adversity and things. He's been at one of the best schools in the country with Kansas so he's learned from one of the best in Self. Would love for us to go after him but I have no clue what Howland has planned

maroonmania
06-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Seems like a great kid and it would be nice to have another shooter to help Tyson Carter and Eli Wright grow. Also with his experience he could really help our young guys with adversity and things. He's been at one of the best schools in the country with Kansas so he's learned from one of the best in Self. Would love for us to go after him but I have no clue what Howland has planned

Howland said in an interview a few days ago that he would sign another player this year to replace Malik if he found the right guy, otherwise we would just go with 12 scholarship players.

RiverCityDawg
06-28-2016, 05:29 PM
Something about his situation doesn't pass the smell test for me. Left a great program like Kansas for Nebraska. This would now be his third school. Nearly went pro early. Coach mentions discussions with Dad. None of that stuff is bad in and of itself, something just seems off. I could be wrong. With that said, I would trust Howland to do his homework and not to bring in a chemistry killer. Would be nice to have more college experience on the roster next year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-28-2016, 06:47 PM
http://btn.com/2016/06/26/nebraska-basketball-star-andrew-white-iii-to-transfer/

He's a true #3 player? Do we make the move for him?

Kansas - Adidas
Nebraska - Adidas
Mississippi State - Adidas......

Ifyouonlyknew
06-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Ziegler is already on him. We'll see if we can get him in for a visit.

MarketingBully
06-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Ziegler is already on him. We'll see if we can get him in for a visit.

Awesome! That's great we are going after him.

Tripp McNeely
06-28-2016, 07:12 PM
This would, by far, be the most talented of the grad transfers that we looked at, 4-star coming out of high school...who knows about all of the other periphery stuff...but talented as shit!

whosyourdawgy
06-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Watched about 4 minutes of it. Sign him up. Sweet stroke. Good hops. EXPERIENCE. Get him Coach

MarketingBully
06-28-2016, 08:43 PM
If we got him that would put ten four stars on our team. I don't ever remember us having 10 four star talents out of 13 scholarships on one team ever. And one of the best things about this bunch and why I think we will surprise is Coach Howland said the magic words during his press conference. They want to be coached. If you are coachable and have a ton of talent, the sky is the limit for you.

MarketingBully
06-28-2016, 08:46 PM
That above anything else is also what made Florida's back to back championship teams so special. They had the talent and wanted to be coached. I'm not saying we could have those type of runs but with talent and coaching this group could challenge UK for the SEC championship in a couple of years.

djaymsu5
06-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Hope we snag him then. I would think we have everything he would want and more for a year. The experience he has would be everything for this young team to learn some things.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Why would a kid from the mid-west (Kansas?) want to transfer to Starkville? Does he have Mississippi ties?

MarketingBully
06-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Why would a kid from the mid-west (Kansas?) want to transfer to Starkville? Does he have Mississippi ties?

I don't understand this question unless it's a poor attempt at sarcasm. Maybe he wants to be coached by a guy who has gotten 23 players to the NBA one of which who plays White's position just won an NBA championship. Maybe he would want to come to MSU to be a part of a very talented albeit young team. There are a number of reasons we could get this kid. If we can get him in for a visit, you've got to like our chances.

mic
06-28-2016, 09:37 PM

Read more post less....

Coach34
06-28-2016, 09:40 PM

To play for Ben Howland

djaymsu5
06-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Read more post less....

+1

djaymsu5
06-28-2016, 10:46 PM

Technically he's not from the Midwest. He's from Virginia since you want to be a smart a**.

Homedawg
06-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Just sign someone, even if it's from the Sanderson center, otherwise I will have to read dawg61 bs when we lose. You know the 13th guy makes a HUGE difference.

state66
06-28-2016, 11:23 PM
Great video. I want this kid. Go get him Howland!

Dawg61
06-28-2016, 11:52 PM
If we got him that would put ten four stars on our team. I don't ever remember us having 10 four star talents out of 13 scholarships on one team ever. And one of the best things about this bunch and why I think we will surprise is Coach Howland said the magic words during his press conference. They want to be coached. If you are coachable and have a ton of talent, the sky is the limit for you.

Shit we've never had nine till now.

Dawg61
06-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Just sign someone, even if it's from the Sanderson center, otherwise I will have to read dawg61 bs when we lose. You know the 13th guy makes a HUGE difference.

Living rent-free in your head since 2012

Ifyouonlyknew
06-29-2016, 09:03 AM
This team is going to be fun to watch. They're going to drive us crazy sometimes with their youthful mistakes but this year is the foundation of what will become a very strong program.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-29-2016, 11:11 AM
What's the deadline for these transfers? First day of class?

Bothrops
06-29-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm looking forward to basketball again. After we get some experience under our belt, we are going to be a great team. White would expediate the process.

Homedawg
06-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Living rent-free in your head since 2012

It's sad that's the best response you can ever make. Over and over and over. Think of something to dispute what I said. I know it will be tough.

Dawg61
06-29-2016, 01:56 PM
It's sad that's the best response you can ever make. Over and over and over. Think of something to dispute what I said. I know it will be tough.

My Sanderson comment was when we flew to Hawaii with seven scholarship players and got ass raped by 40 three games in a row. Keep bringing it up though Homodawg.