PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Bannister needs surgery?

state66
06-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Arizona tear bannisters arm up trying to win a national championship? Thats gotta be a big knock on their head coach.

SDDawg
06-27-2016, 06:03 PM
Arizona tear bannisters arm up trying to win a national championship? Thats gotta be a big knock on their head coach.

This ain't the farm leagues and you play to win the games. That said, some of these coaches have been less scrupulous with the usage of their pitchers and it will kill their recruiting in a minute if that's the case.

Meanwhile, wishing the Cats well so we can have an OM-style Natty banner to hang at the Dude.

Jack Lambert
06-27-2016, 07:38 PM

Bannister could have said coach my arm is too tired to pitch again. Some of the blame fall on him for trying to be a show boat. I'm about being a team player but when million of dollars are on table and your playing college there comes a time you say "I love you but I have to think about my future".

MarketingBully
06-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Johnson deserves to go down for it but it looks like they will ruin a career and all is well for Johnson since he will win a CWS. My bet is they don't go to the CWS for a long time. Win a title in 2012 don't sniff the postseason until this year and then possibly win this year. They are worse then Auburn as far as winning an NC then shitty season after shitty season then win one. Just really sucks because if they hadn't just abused their pitchers no way are they where they are. Just gives more incentive for college coaches to do this.

M.Fillmore
06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Just really sucks because if they hadn't just abused their pitchers no way are they where they are. Just gives more incentive for college coaches to do this.

I really wish you were wrong. Sadly, you are right.

MarketingBully
06-27-2016, 08:35 PM
I really wish you were wrong. Sadly, you are right.

This is also one of the reasons why the MLB says screw you to college baseball. Is this shit right here too. In minor leagues, they keep a close eye on pitch count and development. It really sucks but I don't blame MLB teams if this shit becomes the norm.

MarketingBully
06-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Mistake pitches still don't go out of TD Ameritrade. The CWS really plays into teams like Arizona and UCLA imagine that two Pac-12 teams that have a boring style of play. CCU should have at least three runs instead loud outs at the warning track.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Mistake pitches still don't go out of TD Ameritrade. The CWS really plays into teams like Arizona and UCLA imagine that two Pac-12 teams that have a boring style of play. CCU should have at least three runs instead loud outs at the warning track.

Even though it benefited us some in 2013, TD Ameritrade is just too darn big right now. Its almost like it was designed for the "gorilla ball" era. Its a really big park and the wind blows in pretty good most of the time. And Arizona may abuse their arms but they are about to hang another NC banner. Another game, another shutout and they have now given up only 6 runs in 6 games at the CWS.

smootness
06-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Bannister could have said coach my arm is too tired to pitch again. Some of the blame fall on him for trying to be a show boat. I'm about being a team player but when million of dollars are on table and your playing college there comes a time you say "I love you but I have to think about my future".

Huh? A showboat?

dawgs
06-27-2016, 11:23 PM

you can say it was a stupid decision, but i wouldn't say a team's ace trying to throw on short rest or wanting to pitch as much as possible, whether in MLB or college, is "trying to be a show boat". if he doesn't get hurt, you'd probably be talking about what a gamer he was going out there and putting his team on his back.

louisvilledawg
06-28-2016, 08:55 AM

a showboat? yeah right. I would say it's the opposite of a showboat. that's a hot taek

like a guy with a chance to pitch to get his team to omaha and win a national championship would tell a coach his arm was too tired. not happening.

Taog Redloh
06-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Even though it benefited us some in 2013, TD Ameritrade is just too darn big right now. Its almost like it was designed for the "gorilla ball" era. Its a really big park and the wind blows in pretty good most of the time. And Arizona may abuse their arms but they are about to hang another NC banner. Another game, another shutout and they have now given up only 6 runs in 6 games at the CWS.

The wind is the problem, not the size. I'm not sure it matters though, Arizona was pitching it lights out well before Omaha.

msstate7
06-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Has bannister signed a contract yet? If not, he's likely to get nothing considering he's an injured senior now

HSVDawg
06-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Has bannister signed a contract yet? If not, he's likely to get nothing considering he's an injured senior now

He was drafted in the 28th round. Likely wasn't getting hardly anything to sign regardless.

msstate7
06-28-2016, 10:53 AM
He was drafted in the 28th round. Likely wasn't getting hardly anything to sign regardless.

Didn't realize he was that low... Likely no MLB future anyway, so I have no problem with going hard after a natty. If a coach lets a top prospect be wreckless with his arm, I'd be much more critical