PDA

View Full Version : This is what we are up against in SEC Football

Pinto
06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.stfi.re/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2016/06/21/alabama-strength-coach-scott-cochran-salary-525000-per-year/86178328/?sf=kdylpjb

Coach34
06-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Yep- he makes more than every asst coach we have except Sirmon I believe

LockeDawg
06-27-2016, 04:48 PM
http://www.usatoday.stfi.re/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2016/06/21/alabama-strength-coach-scott-cochran-salary-525000-per-year/86178328/?sf=kdylpjb

He really is the equivalent of an assistant - he acts like a damn idiot but he has a job on the sidelines on game day. You can see him in nearly every TV shot to the sidelines. He's responsible for parts of sideline communication, he knows where offensive and defensive players are supposed to be lined up and he knows what defensive packages are rotating on and off the field, he helps transition and rotate special teams also.

They use him to the fullest, and why not? He is the only coach on the team that has unlimited access to every player year 'round. May as well use him to do more than motivate guys to pump iron and get stronger.

TUSK
06-27-2016, 05:43 PM
The old DC (Smart) clipped $1.5M, the new DC (Pruitt) gets just under $1M... OC Kiffin only makes $680K from Bammer but USC is still paying him a crapload, and MDL is a bit over $7M...

I think they are all likely underpaid, given the revenue generated....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Is he listed as one of their on the field coaches or not? If he's that involved, he should be designated as on the field.

Jack Lambert
06-27-2016, 07:35 PM
He really is the equivalent of an assistant - he acts like a damn idiot but he has a job on the sidelines on game day. You can see him in nearly every TV shot to the sidelines. He's responsible for parts of sideline communication, he knows where offensive and defensive players are supposed to be lined up and he knows what defensive packages are rotating on and off the field, he helps transition and rotate special teams also.

They use him to the fullest, and why not? He is the only coach on the team that has unlimited access to every player year 'round. May as well use him to do more than motivate guys to pump iron and get stronger.

Isn't there a certain number of of coaches you can have on the side lines? Maybe we should count what bama has on side line and report them.

TUSK
06-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Isn't there a certain number of of coaches you can have on the side lines? Maybe we should count what bama has on side line and report them.

go for it...

(Tusk breaks out some Spike 80DF)

Mutt the Hoople
06-27-2016, 09:59 PM
go for it...

(Tusk breaks out some Spike 80DF)

Tell Harvey Updyke that Dorman Hall is the most sacred place of all at MSU, and that if he were to blow it up and make them clear the wreckage, it would destroy the spirit of MSU fans the same way poisoning Toomer's Oaks did to Auburn.

TUSK
06-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Tell Harvey Updyke that Dorman Hall is the most sacred place of all at MSU, and that if he were to blow it up and make them clear the wreckage, it would destroy the spirit of MSU fans the same way poisoning Toomer's Oaks did to Auburn.

LOL... thanks for the tip buddy!!!!

I hope you are well, my friend!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-27-2016, 10:28 PM
The old DC (Smart) clipped $1.5M, the new DC (Pruitt) gets just under $1M... OC Kiffin only makes $680K from Bammer but USC is still paying him a crapload, and MDL is a bit over $7M...

I've seen, in the past, you refer to Saban as MDL. What does MDL stand for?

TUSK
06-27-2016, 10:34 PM
I've seen, in the past, you refer to Saban as MDL. What does MDL stand for?

ahhhh... it's a joke, buddy....

My Dark Lord...

before that, it was "Borg"....

Liverpooldawg
06-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Hey Tusk, is it true that the reason Kiffin makes so much less than the other coordinator is because he has been promised the head coaching job in a couple of years when Saban retires?****

Political Hack
06-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Your players are underpaid. Don't get me wrong, they're paid well. But it's still underpaid.

TUSK
06-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Hey Tusk, is it true that the reason Kiffin makes so much less than the other coordinator is because he has been promised the head coaching job in a couple of years when Saban retires?****

on a serious note, I dunno that I would wig completely out if he became HC after MDL retires... I don't think Kiffin will wait that long, though.....

TUSK
06-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Your players are underpaid. Don't get me wrong, they're paid well. But it's still underpaid.

Definitely underpaid... the exchange rate helps us get added value as the Bammer dollar is worth more than other programs' dollas...