PDA

View Full Version : AU get 4* RB transfer from Baylor

Leroy Jenkins
06-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Released from his LOI due to scandal. It seems like there are a group of teams (like AU and NMS) that seem to always be a destination in these situations.

ETA: will be a Fr so may not be much factor this upcoming season.

Bothrops
06-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Is he a half back type, or every down type?

Taog Redloh
06-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Seems like there are a group of teams (like AU and NMS) that seem to always be a destination in these situations.

As different as the two schools are, they really do have a very similar football program, at least how the fans and admin view it. United in their obsessive love for all things 'Auburn' (or Ole Miss) and they simply put that before God.

Jack Lambert
06-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Lock your Daughters up over at Auburn.

Leroy Jenkins
06-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Is he a half back type, or every down type?

Kam Martin. The 5'10" 170lb type.

Coach34
06-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Is he eligible or has to sit?

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Is he eligible or has to sit?

Eligible

Coach34
06-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Oh- he will be a Freshman. He's not a transfer- he never enrolled

TUSK
06-26-2016, 11:24 PM
shouldn't be much "culture shock"....

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Not saying we should have landed this player, but yet again I feel like this staff has us standing outside the house and looking through the window at all the other teams open their beautiful recruiting presents.

Why aren't we competing for better talent?

AROB44
06-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Not saying we should have landed this player, but yet again I feel like this staff has us standing outside the house and looking through the window at all the other teams open their beautiful recruiting presents.

Other than the constant bitching about the O-line, what is the problem with our recruiting? Should we be doing what OM and Aub do? I am not a proponent of that. Other than not beating Bama (which most teams do not do) and losing the EB the last few years, what is wrong with our winning percentage? I just don't see it.

Liverpooldawg
06-27-2016, 08:51 AM

So you would like us to be doing what UM does?

PassInterference
06-27-2016, 08:54 AM

I would have to say yeah.

Barring a show cause for the head coach, they are about to hit a speed pump that will make the mediocre for a couple years and then they will be right back to competing for the SEC West.

Pollodawg
06-27-2016, 09:00 AM
You've ever eaten an omelette that an egg wasn't broken to make. Think about that for a minute.

Schultzy
06-27-2016, 09:08 AM

Barring a show cause for the head coach, they are about to hit a speed pump that will make the mediocre for a couple years and then they will be right back to competing for the SEC West.
The show cause for Chip Kelly was for merely not knowing what his boosters and and assistants were doing. If they apply the same standard I don't see how he can avoid a show cause.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 09:11 AM

We are going to be a double digit underdawg in Oxford this year.

Is that acceptable?

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 09:14 AM

I don't really want to do what they do, but I'm not sure how else you win in this corrupt sport. You need realize that it isn't what OM does.

It's what:

Auburn does
Clemson does
Florida State does
Ole Miss does
LSU does
Oklahoma does
Alabama does
Tennessee does
Ohio State does
Etc.....

djaymsu5
06-27-2016, 09:21 AM
I don't really want to do what they do, but I'm sure how else you win in this corrupt sport. You need realize that it isn't what OM does.

It's what:

Auburn does
Clemson does
Florida State does
Ole Miss does
LSU does
Oklahoma does
Alabama does
Tennessee does
Ohio State does
Etc.....

This^^ Until we decide to play the game we will see similar results. Don't expect big change if we aren't willing to change. Mississippi State doesn't have the history to win a championship the RIGHT way. The Alabama's of the world are the only ones that can do that and even they play the game cause they know what goes on. You just have to be smart about it. I'm not for it but I mean if we don't play the game we will get left behind. It is what it is.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Other than the constant bitching about the O-line, what is the problem with our recruiting? Should we be doing what OM and Aub do? I am not a proponent of that. Other than not beating Bama (which most teams do not do) and losing the EB the last few years, what is wrong with our winning percentage? I just don't see it.

Yeah the O-Line recruiting definitely needs to improve. If Arkansas can have a good O-Line then we should as well. I would say right now our ceiling for recruiting rankings is probably around 15-20ish nationally.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 10:07 AM
This^^ Until we decide to play the game we will see similar results. Don't expect big change if we aren't willing to change. Mississippi State doesn't have the history to win a championship the RIGHT way. The Alabama's of the world are the only ones that can do that and even they play the game cause they know what goes on. You just have to be smart about it. I'm not for it but I mean if we don't play the game we will get left behind. It is what it is.

Those teams listed are "all in". We are not nor have we ever really been. Heck, I'm still shocked we didn't kick Simmons to the curb and he was a guy with ZERO baggage until after he had already signed with us.

Coach34
06-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Is that acceptable?

OM is also going to get a bowl ban and serious probation for their actions either this year or next.

There is no easy answer. They all cheat- but OM tried to jump to the front of the line from the back. That shit doesn't fly. Coming in at the last minute and stealing commits from the big boys will get you hammered. Getting Momma to send in a forged LOI cause she wants more envelopes will get you hammered.

We we can do some things to recruit better- but stealing out of state top 3 at their position players isn't it

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 10:26 AM
OM is also going to get a bowl ban and serious probation for their actions either this year or next.

We hope. If not, we be 17ed

starkvegasdawg
06-27-2016, 10:29 AM

Is that acceptable?

Latest odds are +13.5.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 10:37 AM

There is no easy answer. They all cheat- but OM tried to jump to the front of the line from the back. That shit doesn't fly. Coming in at the last minute and stealing commits from the big boys will get you hammered. Getting Momma to send in a forged LOI cause she wants more envelopes will get you hammered.

We we can do some things to recruit better- but stealing out of state top 3 at their position players isn't it

Exactly, and that's why I've said that UNM is a watershed case in that if you can do what they've done and either get by with it or just get a slap on the wrist then I seriously do not know what motivation there is for any school to even put on the appearance of trying to follow the rules. In that case it would be much more fair just to eliminate all the recruiting rules.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Latest odds are +13.5.

#Acceptable

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Exactly, and that's why I've said that UNM is a watershed case in that if you can do what they've done and either get by with it or just get a slap on the wrist then I seriously do not know what motivation there is for any school to even put on the appearance of trying to follow the rules. In that case it would be much more fair just to eliminate all the recruiting rules.

It is a watershed case, but them going on probation won't instantly make us better at recruiting. It will only reallocate the players that want hand out from Ole Miss to Auburn & Tennessee. They will benefit more than us.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 10:59 AM
It is a watershed case, but them going on probation won't instantly make us better at recruiting. It will only reallocate the players that want hand out from Ole Miss to Auburn & Tennessee. They will benefit more than us.

Never said it would help our recruiting but it might serve to put up a speed bump or two to slow down some of the programs that do rely heavily on cheating to get recruits. An "Auburn" or "Tennessee" type might be a little more cautious if it appears the NCAA actually has some teeth again and there is no Mike Slive to cover for them.

Percho
06-27-2016, 11:05 AM

Because they would nail our ass against the wall..........

Tripp McNeely
06-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Never said it would help our recruiting but it might serve to put up a speed bump or two to slow down some of the programs that do rely heavily on cheating to get recruits. An "Auburn" or "Tennessee" type might be a little more cautious if it appears the NCAA actually has some teeth again and there is no Mike Slive to cover for them.

It will also give us an extra win against them most years and reallocate at least a few of the Octavious Cooleys, AJ Brown's, Benito's, Javon Patterson's, Willie Hibbler's, Roderick Taylor's, CJ Hampton's, Breeland Speaks, Antonio Conner's etc. our way. Some of those kids might still have their hands out but some will simpy want to stay in state with us being the more viable alternative.

Dawg61
06-27-2016, 12:01 PM
It's a ****ing 4* RB. Who gives a shit the guy is going to suck ass anyways. A 4* RB is like a 2* QB. He's never gonna do shit! Y'all gonna cry when the next 2* QB transfers to Old Misses next?

Liverpooldawg
06-27-2016, 12:09 PM

Really? You want the NCAA camped out in Starkville do you?

starkvegasdawg
06-27-2016, 12:14 PM
It's a ****ing 4* RB. Who gives a shit the guy is going to suck ass anyways. A 4* RB is like a 2* QB. He's never gonna do shit! Y'all gonna cry when the next 2* QB transfers to Old Misses next?

I guess compared to all those 5 star RB's we get every year he does suck.

maroonmania
06-27-2016, 12:22 PM
I guess compared to all those 5 star RB's we get every year he does suck.

Well, I sort of get his point given we have 3 4* RBs ourselves (Shumpert, AWilliams and Gibson). 4* RBs do seem to sort of be a dime a dozen.

djaymsu5
06-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Aeris has the potential to be good and Nick Gibson would be our best back if coach would actually play his ass. I guess we can just expect Kylin Hill to suck too huh