PDA

View Full Version : Malik

vv83
06-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Where did he end up? Remember hearing he was taking some visits to Kansas and Western KY maybe?

MarketingBully
06-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Hasn't decided yet. He has visited NC State, Western Kentucky, Miami (Malik eliminated them), and Oregon. Those are the only four visits he has taken. He hasn't visited Kansas and I am not sure they are interested but it wouldn't surprise me if they set up the fifth visit. My guess would be he ends up at WKU because they will build a lineup around him and promise him PG from the get go. That's all I got as far as knowledge there. MadisonMD, any further insight on this? He has been spot on with inside information here.

missouridawg
06-25-2016, 07:14 PM
He has set up a visit with Kansas and will be there within a few days I think.

I think he will end up at WKU.

Saltydog
06-25-2016, 07:54 PM
doesn't run up his ass. I doubt they promise to start him at PG either. Rick's all in though.

msstate7
06-25-2016, 07:57 PM
doesn't run up his ass. I doubt they promise to start him at PG either. Rick's all in though.

I can see self telling Malik that Malik will have a shot at pg. Self would probably work Malik at pg half of the transfer year, but no chance Malik ever plays pg at Kansas. Self would play Malik at the 2 which is where Malik belongs... He'd be a dang good 2 too

MarketingBully
06-25-2016, 08:05 PM

When did he setup the visit? Haven't heard anything.

MarketingBully
06-25-2016, 08:12 PM

Ahh, he just setup the visit not hours ago. Interesting, I doubt Kansas will play ball. Miami didn't and he eliminated them immediately. He basically will require them to not recruit a PG for 2017. That is why I think he ends up at WKU. No coach in their right mind would agree to that unless they are desperate.

MarketingBully
06-25-2016, 08:13 PM
I can see self telling Malik that Malik will have a shot at pg. Self would probably work Malik at pg half of the transfer year, but no chance Malik ever plays pg at Kansas. Self would play Malik at the 2 which is where Malik belongs... He'd be a dang good 2 too

A shot is not where he is going to go. We stated he had a shot at PG and he bolted. He wants PG guarenteed.

msstate7
06-25-2016, 08:28 PM
A shot is not where he is going to go. We stated he had a shot at PG and he bolted. He wants PG guarenteed.

Then Kansas is a waste of time

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Only a moron would let Malik dictate who he recruits in 2017. He's a shit PG and he wants to bolt after only one year.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-25-2016, 09:18 PM
No coach in their right mind would agree to that unless they are desperate.

Yep. Sounds like the Rick Felkerbury Modius Operandi. Another Felkerbury trademark is not making it past the first tourney weekend. I'm pretty sure he will never break through his glass ceiling at UWK, either.

maroonmania
06-25-2016, 10:22 PM

I will actually be pissed if he transfers and sits out a year just to end up playing 2 guard which he could have STARTED at here at MSU THIS year. That would be bad for him and bad for us.

MarketingBully
06-25-2016, 10:29 PM
I will actually be pissed if he transfers and sits out a year just to end up playing 2 guard which he could have STARTED at here at MSU THIS year. That would be bad for him and bad for us.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I would gain a little more respect if he picked WKU because at least Malik/Horatio would be consistent in their quest to be a point guard.

HSVDawg
06-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Only a moron would let Malik dictate who he recruits in 2017. He's a shit PG and he wants to bolt after only one year.

Thats why a former 5-star, thought to be lottery pick is about to spend his next 3 years (yes, 3 years, his ass isn't an NBA talent) at a Sun Belt school. Because they will be the only ones willing to roll the dice. It appears Stansbury hasn't learned a damn thing from the Sidney experiment as far as letting the inmates run the asylum goes. He will go to WKU, sit a year, play 2 years, and bolt after his junior year to the NBA where he will be undrafted. Good luck in Europe.

Dawg61
06-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Thats why a former 5-star, thought to be lottery pick is about to spend his next 3 years (yes, 3 years, his ass isn't an NBA talent) at a Sun Belt school. Because they will be the only ones willing to roll the dice. It appears Stansbury hasn't learned a damn thing from the Sidney experiment as far as letting the inmates run the asylum goes. He will go to WKU, sit a year, play 2 years, and bolt after his junior year to the NBA where he will be undrafted. Good luck in Europe.

I get Newman demanding being promised the PG position day 1 upfront but to also expect a coach and school to not sign another PG in 2017 is just an absurdly ridiculous demand. Hell that retarded demand isn't even beneficial for the moron making it. Is Newman gonna play all forty minutes of every game? What about when his pu$sy cramps in the 2nd half of every game? Whose playing PG then? What about competition for Newman during practice? He doesn't think it'd be beneficial for him to practice against another PG defending him? Newman and Horatio are some dumbass cats. What about after he bolts for the Russian basketball league after only one season? Stansbury gonna get Noah and Isiah to play PG.

RocketDawg
06-26-2016, 06:58 AM

You're exactly right. That was his downfall.

Madisonmd
06-26-2016, 07:56 AM
Malik is at Oregon right now. Coming back and going to KS next. Pending visits to Miami and NC St

msstate7
06-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Malik is at Oregon right now. Coming back and going to KS next. Pending visits to Miami and NC St

Still think it's western Kentucky?

Coach34
06-26-2016, 08:10 AM

Him leaving is good for us. We just got rid of cancer. He is talented- but Horatio butting in and all the other stuff isn't worth it. It says it all that Howland is relieved he is gone

shannondawg
06-26-2016, 08:13 AM
I've been looking everywhere to see when Stansbury promised to start him at point guard. Can anybody give me a link, or is that just super duper inside info?

basedog
06-26-2016, 08:36 AM
I've been looking everywhere to see when Stansbury promised to start him at point guard. Can anybody give me a link, or is that just super duper inside info?

Super Duper inside info, it's called recruiting = promises. Who knows except Stansbury what he needs as far as talent goes. But If I'm Stans I'm buying a lot of Bayer to control the headache he will receive.

I hope he signs soon to rid of this topic of where he goes.

Bully13
06-26-2016, 08:43 AM
no matter where he goes, Malik has to sit out a year?

msstate7
06-26-2016, 09:08 AM
So, we've signed 5 5*'s that I can remember: bender, Ellis, Sidney, hood, and Newman. We seem to have terrible luck with 5* guys

shannondawg
06-26-2016, 09:16 AM
So who was in the room when the promise were made to give us that inside info ? Was it you basedog?

Super Duper inside info, it's called recruiting = promises. Who knows except Stansbury what he needs as far as talent goes. But If I'm Stans I'm buying a lot of Bayer to control the headache he will receive.

I hope he signs soon to rid of this topic of where he goes.

drummerdawg
06-26-2016, 09:18 AM
So, we've signed 5 5*'s that I can remember: bender, Ellis, Sidney, hood, and Newman. We seem to have terrible luck with 5* guys

Wasn't Jamont Gordon a 5*?

BeardoMSU
06-26-2016, 09:31 AM

Yep.

msstate7
06-26-2016, 09:34 AM

Good call and the most productive one we had

basedog
06-26-2016, 09:37 AM
So who was in the room when the promise were made to give us that inside info ? Was it you basedog?

Naw but I'm betting Stans played the game and told Malik and "posse" what they wanted to hear. Stans as you know can recruit.

As far as what was promised, I'm betting that's another internet rumor or maybe "Mr Dad The Agent" started the rumor. I heard he is pretty coy with words and wishful thinking.

"We didn't want Malik" as the saying goes BUT it's a fact as you know.

Recruiting is so strange when rumors are allowed.

Coach34
06-26-2016, 09:49 AM
To doubt Stands hasn't made every promise in the world to get Malik is sticking your head in the sand. We had 14 years of evidence right before our eyes

Dawgcentral
06-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Stans probably promised the 5 star fat boy he wouldn't have to run the court also.*

Bully13
06-26-2016, 10:47 AM

Spot on. So no matter where he goes, he sits out a year?

shannondawg
06-26-2016, 01:07 PM
To doubt Stands hasn't made every promise in the world to get Malik is sticking your head in the sand. We had 14 years of evidence right before our eyes

I ain't said he did or didn't. I just wanted to make it out to be a guess rather than fact..

MarketingBully
06-26-2016, 01:39 PM
I ain't said he did or didn't. I just wanted to make it out to be a guess rather than fact..

Did you watch his press conference that you posted to this site? He obviously promised the PG position to Malik and to build the team around him. You can infer that from him saying we need everything in his press conference and his past history in recruiting. Why would Malik use one of his five visits to go to WKU? Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

MarketingBully
06-26-2016, 01:40 PM

He only has one visit left: Kansas. He is already back form Oregon. His visit ended yesterday.

Dawg61
06-26-2016, 02:30 PM

You taking up for your boyfriend is wearing thin. If Stansbury promised Newman the starting PG spot AND to not recruit another PG it is phenomenally stupid. We'll know the answer to that if he signs with WKU and Bury doesn't pursue another PG with him. I think Bury said they have six players right now. Unless two of those 6 are PGs he better be seeking out atleast 1 that can play next year. Newman has to sit. Is Stansbury so dumb he'd void his roster of another PG for the next two years just to sign a 2guard so stubborn he can't see he's not a PG? Time will tell.

shannondawg
06-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Well you are falling for it. Board is getting pretty damm boring during this dry period. Nothing brings out the "boys" quicker that Stansbury discussion.

Maybe someday we will have something else to get us riled.

Just so you know, I only posted the Stansbury article to get some shit going. Same thing that Coach has been doing for years.

You taking up for your boyfriend is wearing thin. If Stansbury promised Newman the starting PG spot AND to not recruit another PG it is phenomenally stupid. We'll know the answer to that if he signs with WKU and Bury doesn't pursue another PG with him. I think Bury said they have six players right now. Unless two of those 6 are PGs he better be seeking out atleast 1 that can play next year. Newman has to sit. Is Stansbury so dumb he'd void his roster of another PG for the next two years just to sign a 2guard so stubborn he can't see he's not a PG? Time will tell.

notsofarawaydawg
06-26-2016, 04:00 PM
I was thinking about this while listening to a sports radio channel. I believe Malik knew the only way he could bolt from MSU was to declare for the NBA but NOT hire an agent. Then say he was coming back to school thinking everyone would honor his wishes to do what he wanted to do on a team. Well, thank goodness our coach pretty much said **** you and your diddy. Sorry, diddy needs to butt out and let his son EARN his way to the NBA Otherwise he's a low draft pick in 3 years and will never make a starting lineup for any team.

Dawg61
06-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Well you are falling for it. Board is getting pretty damm boring during this dry period. Nothing brings out the "boys" quicker that Stansbury discussion.

Maybe someday we will have something else to get us riled.

Just so you know, I only posted the Stansbury article to get some shit going. Same thing that Coach has been doing for years.

Alright well thank you cause the board has been boring. It's just that time of the year tho.

basedog
06-26-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm betting Stans didn't tell Malik and Dad he wouldn't recruit another point guard, he ain't stupid. He most likely told him he could play point guard.

Nothing wrong with what shannondawg ask, he didn't bring the subject up. So what you want or believe about Stans, but he was more good than bad for Msu.

MarketingBully
06-26-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm betting Stans didn't tell Malik and Dad he wouldn't recruit another point guard, he ain't stupid. He most likely told him he could play point guard.

Nothing wrong with what shannondawg ask, he didn't bring the subject up. So what you want or believe about Stans, but he was more good than bad for Msu.

Well, look at the Miami situation. They just got a 2017 PG who committed to them. Malik took the visit then not a day after he took the visit eliminated them from consideration. You do the math. I'd be willing to bet if you see a 2017 PG committed to these other teams they immediately get the axe too. One of his pain points with us was that we had Ready and Peters on our roster. Horatio stated that as much in the Bonner article. I think the only way he would have come back to us is if we would have cut Ready. We didn't and the rest is history.

basedog
06-26-2016, 04:28 PM
Well, look at the Miami situation. They just got a 2017 PG who committed to them. Malik took the visit then not a day after he took the visit eliminated them from consideration. You do the math. I'd be willing to bet if you see a 2017 PG committed to these other teams they immediately get the axe too. One of his pain points with us was that we had Ready and Peters on our roster. Horatio stated that as much in the Bonner article. I think the only way he would have come back to us is if we would have cut Ready. We didn't and the rest is history.

Oh it's a lot more to this story about Malik not coming back to Msu, a few on ED know and maybe it will come out.

I wouldn't believe everything that Malik and his Dad Agent say to the press, lots of it is ego and wishful thinking.

MarketingBully
06-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Oh it's a lot more to this story about Malik not coming back to Msu, a few on ED know and maybe it will come out.

I wouldn't believe everything that Malik and his Dad Agent say to the press, lots of it is ego and wishful thinking.

That's all this is is ego. Malik wants to be the guy and wants whoever he goes to for the ball to go through him and the team be built around him. It's not that hard to figure out. If this wasn't the case, he would have gone to UK or KU initially. He is not a team player. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he declares for the draft next year before even playing for the team he transfers to especially if he gets a high second round grade which some teams are giving him so the value a team gets could be minimal.