PDA

View Full Version : Tough love from Johnny Football's pops.

Leroy Jenkins
06-25-2016, 04:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Clwz6ggWkAAPjZ2.jpg

Then Johnny's lawyer, thinking he's texting the rest of the legal team about a plea deal, accidentally sends this to the press...

"Heaven help us if one of the conditions is to pee in a bottle."

Dawgface
06-25-2016, 06:40 AM
It's amazing he made it through A&M as well as he did.

MSUMatt
06-25-2016, 07:23 AM
I can't imagine ever saying that about my son.

I seen it dawg
06-25-2016, 08:00 AM
More parents need to be tougher. A lot more.

mic
06-25-2016, 08:13 AM
Johnny ****-up

Bully13
06-25-2016, 08:22 AM
I'm convinced he will never play again. I was hoping he would make it big. He was fun to watch. Sad. According to the radio report I heard here in N TX, there's more damning stuff that was in his attys email.

SaintDawg
06-25-2016, 08:30 AM
The Manziel family has always been surrounded by bad shit. Johnny is just another link in the chain. The family as a whole is known for being criminals, swindlers and drunks.http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Manziel-family-was-larger-than-life-long-before-4723092.php

Bucky Dog
06-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Yep I guy with my company said around town the Manziel family and kids are spoiled brats and there has always been talk of the grandfather being in the mafia and such. That Dad was and has been an enabler apparently and for him to say that now, without some sort of accountability is surprising. But, as a parent you can only help so much until you let them go, because if not it drags you down for the rest of your life.

BossDawg
06-25-2016, 09:08 AM
What an amazing waste of athletic ability. I would love to see him crawl out of the hole he dug, but I guess that's asking too much. Sometimes it takes addicts/alcoholics years and years, maybe decades, to finally see the light. Unfortunately it comes too late for many.

STATEBALLIN
06-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Spoiled or not, what his father said is true and that's only thing he can do. I've been in this situation with my father and unless Johnny wants to quit there's nothing that can be done unless he runs out of money and that's a long ways away. If he continues he probably won't be alive this time next year.

DownwardDawg
06-25-2016, 11:05 AM
It's too late. He needed tough love growing up. He was pampered his whole life. Go back and read and watch some of the interviews in the past with his dad.

Coach34
06-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Too bad he waited until he was in his 20's and out of control

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 11:36 AM
His dad also said "I hope my son goes to prison. It'd be the best thing for him". Who the **** says that about their son? His dad is a piece of shit.

klong-dog
06-25-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm sure he said that in for the safety of his own son, knowing he can't, won't, harm himself in prison. I can actually understand that. Probably what he needs, in order to stay clear from all the shit he's on.

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm sure he said that in for the safety of his own son, knowing he can't, won't, harm himself in prison. I can actually understand that. Probably what he needs, in order to stay clear from all the shit he's on.

You think he's safe in PRISON? He's an immediate target.

klong-dog
06-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Never know. If so, might be just what he needs to get his crap straight. Or else.

Leroy Jenkins
06-25-2016, 12:41 PM
You think he's safe in PRISON? He's an immediate target.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/18/18ab2f26c76af0b2c1c6f42e5954dfdddbea2afe688f5f62b7 a353db945c6109.jpg

Coach34
06-25-2016, 12:55 PM
H's gonna OD or kill himself drinking and driving. 60 days in the county lock-up would do wonders for him. Help him detox a little. I'd rather my son do that than die

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Maybe I watched too many episodes of Oz but prison isn't exactly a drug-free zone. Someone will be looking to make a name for themselves too and will shank his ass in more ways than one.

Coach34
06-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Maybe I watched too many episodes of Oz but prison isn't exactly a drug-free zone. Someone will be looking to make a name for themselves too and will shank his ass in more ways than one.

yes you did watch too many episodes of Oz. There are places now where they sleep in their own little cells. I think he would be more hero in jail than enemy. Convicts love sports stars too

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 01:30 PM
yes you did watch too many episodes of Oz. There are places now where they sleep in their own little cells. I think he would be more hero in jail than enemy. Convicts love sports stars too

Idk take him sailing for 60 days or play 60 golf courses in 60 days or walk the Appalachian Trail for 60 days or visit every MLB park in 60 days. Lots of better and more safe ways to get your son cleaned up than being a lazy piece of shit and hoping prison helps him do it. Disgusting comment by his dad imo.

ScoobaDawg
06-25-2016, 01:49 PM
His dad also said "I hope my son goes to prison. It'd be the best thing for him". Who the **** says that about their son? His dad is a piece of shit.

No..because it would be the best thing. Locked up. No easy access to drugs. Noone to baby him.

ScoobaDawg
06-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Idk take him sailing for 60 days or play 60 golf courses in 60 days or walk the Appalachian Trail for 60 days or visit every MLB park in 60 days. Lots of better and more safe ways to get your son cleaned up than being a lazy piece of shit and hoping prison helps him do it. Disgusting comment by his dad imo.

Only if Johnny wanted to do any of that shit..which isn't likely. Anywhere he is on the outside he is gonna be partying and doing drugs. He isn't stopping.

Leroy Jenkins
06-25-2016, 01:52 PM

You realize Johnny os grown and would have to agree to all those solutions you listed.
Not likely.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2016, 02:12 PM

Maybe some jails but not all. I know a guard at Parchman in their highest security block and asked him one day if the prison stereotype was true. He looked me dead in the eyes and said at Parchman, it's not IF you get raped, but WHEN you get raped and how often. He said you go there and you will be corn holed without exception.

As for his dad...he can spare me the tough talk. He saw his son going down this road in college and celebrated it because he loved the fact his son was famous and wanted a ride on that gravy train. He can piss up a rope talking tough now. He's just pissed JFF can't keep his act together well enough to stay in pro ball and keep that money rolling in. If he were, daddy dearest wouldn't be doing anything but making excuses for him.

Dawg61
06-25-2016, 02:16 PM
You realize Johnny os grown and would have to agree to all those solutions you listed.
Not likely.

I can't speak for JFF but I'd definitely partake in any of that with my father if given the chance.

Coach34
06-25-2016, 02:34 PM
Maybe some jails but not all. I know a guard at Parchman in their highest security block and asked him one day if the prison stereotype was true. He looked me dead in the eyes and said at Parchman, it's not IF you get raped, but WHEN you get raped and how often. He said you go there and you will be corn holed without exception.

As for his dad...he can spare me the tough talk. He saw his son going down this road in college and celebrated it because he loved the fact his son was famous and wanted a ride on that gravy train. He can piss up a rope talking tough now. He's just pissed JFF can't keep his act together well enough to stay in pro ball and keep that money rolling in. If he were, daddy dearest wouldn't be doing anything but making excuses for him.

Im talking a couple months in the county lock-up....not full blown state prison

Coach34
06-25-2016, 02:35 PM
I can't speak for JFF but I'd definitely partake in any of that with my father if given the chance.

He hasn't listened to anything they have suggested so far- the guy has thrown his football career away to party. And that hasn't slowed his roll any

TUSK
06-25-2016, 03:07 PM
I'd wager that if "pops" had knocked that phucker out a few times when he was lil, he might not be in the current situation...

Houston Nutt
06-25-2016, 04:50 PM

They have a net worth of about 50 million dollars. You have no idea what you're talking about. Johnny is a 23 year old millionaire who has no interest in playing football anymore. He just wants to rip lines and sleep with models. Let the dude party. I'd be doing the same (sans the woman beating and tattoos) if it were a legitimate option

Dawgcentral
06-25-2016, 07:39 PM
They have a net worth of about 50 million dollars. You have no idea what you're talking about. Johnny is a 23 year old millionaire who has no interest in playing football anymore. He just wants to rip lines and sleep with models. Let the dude party. I'd be doing the same (sans the woman beating and tattoos) if it were a legitimate option
So you'd be a whore-monger party guy if given the opportunity and the easy money eh? Are you a grown man with a wife and family?
Don't see see a problem with this? Don't really give a damn what you do with your life,..just wondering if you understand how empty that type of existence can be.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2016, 08:01 PM

I know the type and that type doesn't care what their bank account shows. They want more. More money. More fame. More publicity. Best way to do that was have a son be a starting QB in the league. If dad gave a wet fart about his son he would have snatched his ass up back in college. JFF is a spoiled little brat that was never told no and never had any consequences for his actions. It was overlooked in college because he was able to beat people on talent alone. In the NFL talent alone isn't good enough and he didn't have the work ethic to do what it takes to make it at that level and NFL coaches and ownership don't have the patience to put up with that and he couldn't handle the adversity.

Houston Nutt
06-25-2016, 08:16 PM
So you'd be a whore-monger party guy if given the opportunity and the easy money eh? Are you a grown man with a wife and family?
Don't see see a problem with this? Don't really give a damn what you do with your life,..just wondering if you understand how empty that type of existence can be.

I'm 23 and would be pretty giddy to run amuck in Las Vegas with a couple million for a few years. I doubt he's banging heroin or smoking meth/crack -- let him enjoy a few spritzers while dabbling with a little coke and molly. I really doubt the guy is knocking on deaths door. The media has set a narrative and is continuing to hammer the proverbial nail. I think this is a bit overblown.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm 23 and would be pretty giddy to run amuck in Las Vegas with a couple million for a few years. I doubt he's banging heroin or smoking meth/crack -- let him enjoy a few spritzers while dabbling with a little coke and molly. I really doubt the guy is knocking on deaths door. The media has set a narrative and is continuing to hammer the proverbial nail. I think this is a bit overblown.
So you're just immature as hell. That explains it. Let me know if you're that dismissive when it's your kid snorting lines off the kitchen table.

Mutt the Hoople
06-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Here's an idea. He could be sent to prison, where the Warden offers to let him coach the Guard's football team. If he turns it down, he can form his own Convict team where they play the Guards and have it on ESPN.

GTHOM
06-26-2016, 10:40 AM
It's amazing he made it through A&M as well as he did.

Because they covered it up and never drug tested him

HereComesTheSpiral
06-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Johnny would have been a junkie even if he didn't have money or received discipline growing up. Everyone knew a Johnny Football growing up, you hope they put it together before something happens, but you also hope they go to prison or die before they get loaded and kill a family in a car wreck.