PDA

View Full Version : Geezer and I flipped a coin

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 12:40 PM
and I won.

http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/BISHOP--Stansbury-creating-plenty-of-offseason-waves-383627151.html

Incidentally there are several articles on that site about him.

Political Hack
06-23-2016, 01:05 PM
He's going to kill it there if he reels in those types of guys. I hope he wins 30 games a year until he retires.

MadDawg
06-23-2016, 01:08 PM
It's going to be fun watching Stans revive that program. Wishing him all the best.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2016, 01:12 PM
5:25 of presser...Bowling Green a whole lot better town than Starkville Ms....Doesnt he still have a home there? What a jack ass

Political Hack
06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
5:25 of presser...Bowling Green a whole lot better town that Starkville Ms....Doesnt he still have a home there? What a jack ass

I hope he loses 30 games a year until he retires.***

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 01:24 PM
We have had a lot of discussions about Stansbury pro and con , but it just dawned on me thing that has never been acknowledged. He built this program here with a AD that hated him and the feeling was mutual. He had to fight for everything he got, and most of it he raised the money himself.

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 01:26 PM
I hope he loses 30 games a year until he retires.***

Sorry, only one wish per thread.

drunkernhelldawg
06-23-2016, 01:27 PM
It's funny how fans decide who can coach and who can't. Les Miles sucks. Stansbury sucks. Belichick sucks. Too much winning sloppy. Not perfect again.

Looks like Stansbury is in the thick of a good situation. Happy for him.

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 01:43 PM
We have had a lot of discussions about Stansbury pro and con , but it just dawned on me thing that has never been acknowledged. He built this program here with a AD that hated him and the feeling was mutual. He had to fight for everything he got, and most of it he raised the money himself.

I don't know if he built it himself but he did a great job here and got a lot of talent here. Which AD are you talking about? MSU basketball has been really successful sans Ray for almost thirty years. We have won numerous Western Division Championships, 3 SEC tournaments, 2 overall SEC titles, 2 Sweet Sixteens, and a Final Four. That is a pretty decent track record of success which I know Stans was a part of but I don't think he was the grand all be all of it. Had we not gave ourselves a self-imposed death penalty with the hiring of Rick Ray our program would be looked at on a much better light. If anything, it should tell you just how shitty of a hire the Rick Ray debacle was. I have the utmost faith that Howland will be able to take us to that next step. Stansbury did a great job here and I think Howland has a great combination of Stansbury's recruiting ability and Williams' X&O coaching ability to take us to the next step.

MadDawg
06-23-2016, 01:44 PM
5:25 of presser...Bowling Green a whole lot better town that Starkville Ms....Doesnt he still have a home there? What a jack ass

I hope you are being sarcastic. First, he was quoting what someone else stated. Secondly, it's the third largest city in KY behind Lexington and Louisville and you are shocked someone might think it's better than rural Mississippi? Seriously?

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 01:47 PM
This is going to be a fun thread...

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 01:51 PM
I hope you are being sarcastic. First, he was quoting what someone else stated. Secondly, it's the third largest city in KY behind Lexington and Louisville and you are shocked someone might think it's better than rural Mississippi? Seriously?

He will never get students not to wear UK and UL apparel though. They are the UAB of Kentucky. He should embrace UL and UK student fans and get them to come to their games. UAB suffers a similar fate in football with Alabama/Auburn fans that are students.

mic
06-23-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't give a **** about WKy or their coach.

Maroonthirteen
06-23-2016, 02:24 PM
I watched the 4-6 minute twice. He is stating his opinion. Which the point he was trying make was that if he can recruit to Starkville, he can recruit to Bowling Green. Which is a ridiculous, unnecessary thing to say. Basketball talent won't play at WKU because of Bowling Green. Even if it is a larger town than Starkville, it doesn't have a SEC school playing there and attract less talent....or our sloppy seconds.

I hope he hires Renardo to be his assistant.

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 02:25 PM
If he can't get them to quit wearing it , then at least get them to come to the games, and they probably will as those folk love basketball up there then all he has to do is start winning and then get them in wku stuff.

He will never get students not to wear UK and UL apparel though. They are the UAB of Kentucky. He should embrace UL and UK student fans and get them to come to their games. UAB suffers a similar fate in football with Alabama/Auburn fans that are students.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2016, 02:27 PM
yes..I didn't know sarcasterisks were common to this board...

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 02:29 PM
I watched the 4-6 minute twice. He is stating his opinion. Which the point he was trying make was that if he can recruit to Starkville, he can recruit to Bowling Green. Which is a ridiculous, unnecessary thing to say. Basketball talent won't play at WKU because of Bowling Green. Even if it is a larger town than Starkville, it doesn't have a SEC school playing there and attract less talent....or our sloppy seconds.

I may be wrong , but it seems you don't have to be an SEC school to recruit. We ain't talking football here!

MadDawg
06-23-2016, 02:41 PM

Or worse, Rick Ray.

Coach34
06-23-2016, 02:44 PM
He will do a solid job for them. Best of luck to him

Maroonthirteen
06-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Well regardless of the SEC basketball prowess as of late....Id still rather go into a kids living room with a SEC TV package, history and schedule. Rather than a Garbage USA TV package etc etc.

I liked the guy and appreciate what he did here but that shot at Starkville and sniffing up our arse for our rejects....pisses me off.

Percho
06-23-2016, 03:12 PM
And we know that all things work together for good: From Romans 8:28 I believe it was time for a change, when the change was made at MSU. I believe the RR thing in the end will work together for the good of all. Without RR would we have ever have gotten BH? How will BH work out?

The Hilltoppers are currently my second favorite team, because of RS.

And now I am ready for my favorite team to become a contender again.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2016, 03:25 PM
I don't know how he will do X & O wise but if he gets Malik to transfer in & then adds Mitchell Robinson & Galen Alexander in the fall signing period he will be the talk of college basketball recruiting much like MSU & Howland were last year.

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't know how he will do X & O wise but if he gets Malik to transfer in & then adds Mitchell Robinson & Galen Alexander in the fall signing period he will be the talk of college basketball recruiting much like MSU & Howland were last year.

Getting talent was never an issue for him. He is definitely positioned well to get all three of those guys and I can tell you 100% he has the best pitch to give Malik as far as playing time at PG. It really depends on how bad Malik wants to play point guard (it seems pretty bad). He dropped Miami quickly because of it. Gottfried and even Altman won't be able to promise him the same opportunity that Stans will. And if Malik does end up picking WKU, I'd gain a little more respect for him and Horatio. At least they would have picked the best place for him to play PG as many minutes as he wants and a coach willing to do whatever it took to build the offense around him. But I digress. I do think Stans will do well there.

Dawg61
06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Stansbury could always sign good players. It was the holding onto and developing them part he is atrocious at. That and he's ****ing clueless on the offensive end of the court. Oh and clueless about discipline and strength & conditioning. He can sign good players though. Signing them is hardly all that matters.

Political Hack
06-23-2016, 03:59 PM
He will do a solid job for them. Best of luck to him

Troll.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2016, 04:17 PM
I'm pulling for Rick in every game that isn't against MSU.

He's one cheatin SOB though, Lol.

basedog
06-23-2016, 04:36 PM
I like Stans but was ready to see him go, IF he signs Mailk he is going right back to a bad habit. To much Daddy involvement and ego's involved. I do think Malik can help WK but not sure he can jell with his teammates. He should have gone over seas and he could make a decent living playing ball a few years.

Just saying.

Dawgcentral
06-23-2016, 05:12 PM
It's too bad really. What's the bigger stretch? Newman sits out a year and Stans turns him onto a 1st round NBA point guard? Or Newman sticks with his current strength at guard and makes a name for himself even though they say he's too small for the position?

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 05:27 PM
It's too bad really. What's the bigger stretch? Newman sits out a year and Stans turns him onto a 1st round NBA point guard? Or Newman sticks with his current strength at guard and makes a name for himself even though they say he's too small for the position?

I don't think either of those things will happen. He isn't a point guard. He will be a journeyman in the NBA. The kid peaked in high school. I don't think two years in college (sitting out one) will make a difference. He will still be a second round pick no matter what he does. But hey, a second round pick would do wonders for Stans at WKU.

DawgPoundtheRock
06-23-2016, 05:56 PM
While this thread is mildly entertaining, I just basically don't care. Stans has been gone from MSU for how many years now? Malik no longer wears maroon. It's all ancient history. That said, I wish them both well in their future endevers.

IMissJack
06-23-2016, 06:05 PM
95% of WKU basketball fans are UK fans first. The other 5% are out of state students. That being said, Stans will do well there.

msbulldog
06-23-2016, 06:26 PM
"Stansbury could always sign good players."

So correct, we always recruited really well but you watch the games and wonder why he did that or didn't do that.
Everyone on this board has asked the question, why doesn't he hire a X's & O's assistant.
Wish him and Meo (our greatest BB fan) all the luck in the world! I was always proud to have them as part of the Bulldog Family, they represented really well!

confucius say
06-23-2016, 06:55 PM
It's funny how fans decide who can coach and who can't. Les Miles sucks. Stansbury sucks. Belichick sucks. Too much winning sloppy. Not perfect again.

Looks like Stansbury is in the thick of a good situation. Happy for him.

Who the hell says belichik sucks? And I'm happy for stans too

shannondawg
06-23-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm pulling for Rick in every game that isn't against MSU.

So you say we were or are a school of cheaters?

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 08:52 PM
I think the funniest thing about the Malik deal is that you could add up all of the players that each coach (Malik has visited on these trips) has gotten to the NBA and it still wouldn't equal the number Howland has gotten to the NBA. Howland has gotten 24 players and 5 point guards to the NBA. There isn't 24 total added up between Altman (Oregon), Larranagga (Miami), Stans (WKU) and Gottfried (NCSU). It literally is laughable.

JohnnyQuid
06-23-2016, 10:44 PM
"Stansbury could always sign good players."

So correct, we always recruited really well but you watch the games and wonder why he did that or didn't do that.
Everyone on this board has asked the question, why doesn't he hire a X's & O's assistant.
Wish him and Meo (our greatest BB fan) all the luck in the world! I was always proud to have them as part of the Bulldog Family, they represented really well!

what's weird about that we ran some really good inbounds plays under our own basket ALOT. just from memory anyway.

always thought a really good x o guy with rick woulda been great situation.

wish him the best - think alot of the guy. WKU definately #2 college hoops team now

JohnnyQuid
06-23-2016, 10:47 PM

I prefer to look at it as "striving for excellence" ha

I don't disagree - this is college basketball tho. gotta get down in the gutters recruiting so it seems

CadaverDawg
06-23-2016, 11:36 PM
So you say we were or are a school of cheaters?

He was clean here.*

dawgday166
06-24-2016, 07:32 AM
I like Stans but was ready to see him go, IF he signs Mailk he is going right back to a bad habit. To much Daddy involvement and ego's involved. I do think Malik can help WK but not sure he can jell with his teammates. He should have gone over seas and he could make a decent living playing ball a few years.

Just saying.

^^^ This. Newman is a primadonna ... like Sidney and Jamont Gordon. He'll kill your basketball team. Stansbury will coddle him, try to appease him, and the other players will resent that.

dawgday166
06-24-2016, 07:39 AM
Who the hell says belichik sucks? And I'm happy for stans too

I was thinking on that one too ... but then remembered they ran Belichik out of Cleveland cause he couldn't win AFC title game.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-24-2016, 09:11 AM
I was thinking on that one too ... but then remembered they ran Belichik out of Cleveland cause he couldn't win AFC title game.

That was Marty Schottenheimer

shannondawg
06-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Saw that Eulis went in 2nd round, good luck Malik on those lottery pick hopes.