PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy coach on Prescott

Coach34
06-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Buddy of mine owns a restaurant- one of the Cowboy asst coaches ate there last night. Saw the State stuff on the wall and talked to him about Dakota. Said the staff was very impressed with him in OTA's and his work ethic. Also said they just can't believe he was still available when they picked him- feel like they got a steal

Good to hear the high praise for a fullback playing QB. So much for the OM experts claiming he will get cut in training camp

MarketingBully
06-23-2016, 10:05 AM
I think he turns out to be a great QB for the Cowboys. IMO, he will end up being the best QB in that draft class and it's not even close. He has that "It" factor you look for in a QB.

Dawgowar
06-23-2016, 10:21 AM
I have been seeing good feedback on him from various, usually cynical, Texas media outlets. Just hope e gets a year of watching Tony. Do not want him fed to the wolves.

bulldawg28
06-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Buddy of mine owns a restaurant- one of the Cowboy asst coaches ate there last night. Saw the State stuff on the wall and talked to him about Dakota. Said the staff was very impressed with him in OTA's and his work ethic. Also said they just can't believe he was still available when they picked him- feel like they got a steal

Good to hear the high praise for a fullback playing QB. So much for the OM experts claiming he will get cut in training camp

I think Mullen had a lot to do with that

SaintDawg
06-23-2016, 10:27 AM
I got a sneaking suspicion that Romo is going to get hurt again and Dak will go out and win and won't look back. That'll be the end of Romo and the Prescott era will begin. And I love the fact he is wearing #4... Like Favre.

Chip
06-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Buddy of mine owns a restaurant- one of the Cowboy asst coaches ate there last night. Saw the State stuff on the wall and talked to him about Dakota.

C34, what's the restaurant? Live in the DFW now, and would like to throw him some business. You can PM it to me.

Coach34
06-23-2016, 11:16 AM
C34, what's the restaurant? Live in the DFW now, and would like to throw him some business. You can PM it to me.

Its actually in SC

Chip
06-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Its actually in SC

Ahh...

BossDawg
06-23-2016, 11:44 AM
I got a sneaking suspicion that Romo is going to get hurt again and Dak will go out and win and won't look back. That'll be the end of Romo and the Prescott era will begin. And I love the fact he is wearing #4... Like Favre.

That will be amazing if that happens, but I'm gonna remain VERY cautiously optimistic.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2016, 11:52 AM
When Romo get's hurt again, Dak will go out and win and won't look back. That'll be the end of Romo and the Prescott era will begin. And I love the fact he is wearing #4... Like Favre.

fixed it for you...

msstate7
06-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Maybe... I'm still concerned with his footwork. All he did for us was pretty much out of the gun. I'm ready to see him drop back in preseason

SaintDawg
06-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Maybe... I'm still concerned with his footwork. All he did for us was pretty much out of the gun. I'm ready to see him drop back in preseason

All the reports that I've read, report that his transition from the gun to under center has been flawless. Coaches report him learning at an accelerated pace, to the point that he looks as if he's been playing under center for quite some time. His athleticism seems to have zero boundaries. Dak's a machine. He's going to be a superstar. I believe that in my heart.

Coach34
06-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Dallas has a really good OL- he would probably be fine as long as Romo stays healthy for half a season. I hope Romo goes 2 more years and then Dak would be completely ready to go

msstate7
06-23-2016, 12:09 PM
All the reports that I've read, report that his transition from the gun to under center has been flawless. Coaches report him learning at an accelerated pace, to the point that he looks as if he's been playing under center for quite some time. His athleticism seems to have zero boundaries. Dak's a machine.

Great news

msbulldog
06-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Bad as I hate I'll have to pull for the Cowboys again. I hated the way J Jones treated Landry. Always pulled for them when James Jones and DD Lewis played for them.

msstate7
06-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Bad as I hate I'll have to pull for the Cowboys again. I hated the way J Jones treated Landry. Always pulled for them when James Jones and DD Lewis played for them.

Dont really remember how Landry was treated, but hard to argue with ending up with Johnson. I think Johnson is one of the best coaches to ever walk a sideline

MSUAlum2009
06-23-2016, 08:01 PM

Where in SC? I live just out Columbia.

Reason2succeed
06-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Can you imagine how much recruiting pull Mullen will have if Dak does well in the NFL?

SaintDawg
06-23-2016, 10:29 PM
Dak is next in line behind Favre, Rice, Sweetness, McNair...etc.

War Machine Dawg
06-23-2016, 10:43 PM

F the Cowgirls. I'll root for Dak to do great on teams that lose 10 games then walk in free agency to a contender in need of a QB.

JoseBrown
06-23-2016, 11:43 PM
F the Cowgirls. I'll root for Dak to do great on teams that lose 10 games then walk in free agency to a contender in need of a QB.

Just a thought, but if Dak does great they won't be losing 10 games. I'm rooting for Dak and the 'Boys to do great!

SPMT
06-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Where in SC? I live just out Columbia.

There's a nice restaurant owned by a State guy in Charleston I believe.

1bigdawg
06-25-2016, 08:52 AM
There's a nice restaurant owned by a State guy in Charleston I believe.

I get to Charleston a couple of times a year. What is the name of the restaurant?

Coach34
06-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Hall's Chop House