PDA

View Full Version : OT Tennessee discussion

BB30
06-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Reading the perception vs reality thread the talk about Tn was interesting. Seeing that they have been so bad for over a decade. I knew they had been pretty pedestrian but not that bad. Do yall think all the hype they are getting this year is just hot air? Or do they finally get over the hump in a down SEC east and win it?

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Butch has recruited a lot better there and having a good QB always helps. They have a good defense and don't really have a big negative like us with our Oline.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2016, 08:46 AM
They will be about the same as last year. GA or Fl is going to win the East and the Tenn Fan will piss. With the off the field troubles and not winning a weak SEC East Butch could be gone.

If happened that was alleged happen, it's not much different then what the coach for Baylor did.

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2016, 08:52 AM
They will be about the same as last year. GA or Fl is going to win the East and the Tenn Fan will piss. With the off the field troubles and not winning a weak SEC East Butch could be gone.

If happened that was alleged happen, it's not much different then what the coach for Baylor did.

Very true about Butch. I don't think GA or FL win the East unless they have a QB step up. Tenn has a better defense than GA unless Smart does some little Nicki magic and they have a better QB. GA only has a better RB and Hurd is very good. UF might have a better defense but that is about it. It might boil down to their schedules with Tenn and UF.

HSVDawg
06-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Very true about Butch. I don't think GA or FL win the East unless they have a QB step up. Tenn has a better defense than GA unless Smart does some little Nicki magic and they have a better QB. GA only has a better RB and Hurd is very good. UF might have a better defense but that is about it. It might boil down to their schedules with Tenn and UF.

Georgia has probably the best QB in the league talent-wise in Jacob Eason. The problem is he will be a true freshmen. If he picks up the system pretty well and they hang in the East race until November while he gets his growing pains out of the way, he could be enough to put them over the top.

Dawg61
06-23-2016, 09:44 AM
I think Tennessee wins 10 games but Dobbs isn't good enough for them to make the playoffs. Butch is on borrowed time. The AJ Johnson rape shit is going to end up getting him fired eventually.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Georgia has probably the best QB in the league talent-wise in Jacob Eason. The problem is he will be a true freshmen. If he picks up the system pretty well and they hang in the East race until November while he gets his growing pains out of the way, he could be enough to put them over the top.

I think people are selling UGA a little short because of the coaching change - which is funny because everyone claimed Richt "underachieved" with another 10 win season. UGA is still loaded with talent. UGA has had success in the past with Frosh/RSF QB's (Zeier, Carter, Stafford, Murray). Worst case scenario is they go with Lambert again - who wasn't terrible. If Chubb is 100%, then Lambert or Eason can be effective as a game manager and they have an easy road to another 9-10 win season. TN, UF, and maybe OM are their only real tough games - and I think they roll a reeling OM in Oxford.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2016, 10:38 AM
I think people are selling UGA a little short because of the coaching change - which is funny because everyone claimed Richt "underachieved" with another 10 win season. UGA is still loaded with talent. UGA has had success in the past with Frosh/RSF QB's (Zeier, Carter, Stafford, Murray). Worst case scenario is they go with Lambert again - who wasn't terrible. If Chubb is 100%, then Lambert or Eason can be effective as a game manager and they have an easy road to another 9-10 win season. TN, UF, and maybe OM are their only real tough games - and I think they roll a reeling OM in Oxford.

I think a new coach with a lot of talent will win a lot of games. There probably has been a fire lite under the players and fans. They will be in the running for the East. Just watch.

Taog Redloh
06-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Tennessee is a 'have' program and their peak years should be in the playoff. Unfortunately for them, I think they'll peak out at 10 wins regular season this year. They may get to ATL, but I think they will lose there. They'll will then regress. I thought Butch might be OK, but I'm not sold he's a great coach.

For the life of me I don't understand their hires. Seems like they just got desperate 2 times in a row. I thought Kiffin was a good coach but just left them in a midseason lurch. If I'd have been their AD I'd have just hired a temporary coach and served up the 2010 season, then hired someone then.