PDA

View Full Version : UNM fan answers, "Has sports journalism died?"

blacklistedbully
06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
"Yes, it has. When the Ole Miss story is so distorted (we were never even accused of "buying players" and there is not one word in the NOA about it) and given more exposure than the Baylor and Tenn stories, it shows a lot.

Everyone should understand that if you somehow manage to stop being bad and start beating good teams they are going to come after you like piranha. Is this what we really want?

"They were losing and now they are winning" is not proof of anything. Who got paid? How much did they get? Who paid them? Where did the money come from and where is it now? There is no evidence of any of it. None.

The sports "journalists" instead print their "feelings" about it. "Feelings" are not facts. Either present some proof or don't write the story. They are all too lazy to investigate and dig out the facts. They just pile on with speculation and "feelings" about it."

Of course this guy is one of the most moronic posters on Rivals, but he's not saying anything a huge % of their fans don't think.

Just when I think it's not possible to redefine, "delusion", an imbecile from OM takes it to another level.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/has-sports-journalism-died.553830/#post-15772539

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2016, 02:25 PM
"Yes, it has. When the Ole Miss story is so distorted (we were never even accused of "buying players" and there is not one word in the NOA about it) and given more exposure than the Baylor and Tenn stories, it shows a lot.

Everyone should understand that if you somehow manage to stop being bad and start beating good teams they are going to come after you like piranha. Is this what we really want?

"They were losing and now they are winning" is not proof of anything. Who got paid? How much did they get? Who paid them? Where did the money come from and where is it now? There is no evidence of any of it. None.

The sports "journalists" instead print their "feelings" about it. "Feelings" are not facts. Either present some proof or don't write the story. They are all too lazy to investigate and dig out the facts. They just pile on with speculation and "feelings" about it."

Of course this guy is one of the most moronic posters on Rivals, but he's not saying anything a huge % of their fans don't think.

Just when I think it's not possible to redefine, "delusion", an imbecile from OM takes it to another level.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/has-sports-journalism-died.553830/#post-15772539

So according to this guy if he just lets a hooker drive his car for 6 months he didn't pay for sex.

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2016, 02:32 PM
So according to this guy if he just lets a hooker drive his car for 6 months he didn't pay for sex.

You just pay the hooker's momma and it's all cool.

Chip
06-22-2016, 02:43 PM

I'd have to say, yeah.

Boodawg
06-22-2016, 02:49 PM
How many Level 1's did they have? Yeah, OM didn't do nothing wrong.***

Jarius
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Hey dumbass, you were charged with 8 level 1 violations. You are getting another NOA with more to come. Stop being a dumbass....or don't.

Political Hack
06-22-2016, 02:56 PM
In the midst of the largest NCAA cheating scandal maybe ever, they proclaim complete innocence.

TrapGame
06-22-2016, 03:16 PM
That guy's a moron. The NCAA didn't spend three years in Oxford because the Square was so damn pretty.

This time next year idiots like this will be on suicide watch.

maroonmania
06-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Is it proof when one of your top players readily admits that he was being paid? By the coaches no less?

MadDawg
06-22-2016, 03:41 PM
One thing is certainly dead - and that's any common sense in oxford.

Dawgcentral
06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
"it's the Militant Atheists I tell you, THE MILITANT ATHEISTS!!!"

Jack Lambert
06-22-2016, 03:53 PM
That guy's a moron. The NCAA didn't spend three years in Oxford because the Square was so damn pretty.

This time next year idiots like this will be on suicide watch.

Now to be honest some ***** might have been involved.

JoseBrown
06-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Is it proof when one of your top players readily admits that he was being paid? By the coaches no less?

As far as I'm concerned that FACT alone should be enough evidence anyone needs when wondering if they should be punished harshly or not. And that's not even mentioning changing ACT scores, cars, tickets, Western Union, clothes, housing, families, cash.....not even evidence plastered all over National Television, live, that their coaches were providing cash upon request to a player...

We were punished for a coach (allegedly)paying a high school coach back for paying for one course at the Ed. Center for one LB we didn't even get.

dickiedawg
06-22-2016, 07:25 PM
I think the media outcry is worse because they misled everyone about what was in the NOA.

For a journalist to run with "sources" he is trusting that source. Now he fees betrayed.

Red Sox Dawg
06-22-2016, 07:44 PM
I'd have to say, yeah.

Well played.

Dawgowar
06-22-2016, 07:52 PM

He is on his way from 'Bargaining" to "Acceptance" - soon he will blame his own administration and boosters. I hit a point right after Croom's intro presser where I realized Templeton had just survived overseeing two probations for MSU. He was being hailed as a visionary for hiring Croom. Jackie had checked out long before retiring and the quality of players reflected it with each arrest. UNM just used Jackie's presence to send the NCAA charging into a small state squabble they historically leave alone. It was then I get pissed at LT and the old Cigar boys. I blame UNM for starting the fire on one end of the fuse but equally blame Templeton for letting it happen twice. He never fought for us unless it was to surrender with less an anal probe than what we might have gotten. Oh, and he kept us in the black.

They will all begin to wake up and see they brought the thunder down on their own dumbasses soon enough. JUst do not for a moment expect any of them to admit they see it that way.

gravedigger
06-22-2016, 08:08 PM

YES YES, it surely has. It is no longer unchecked. The Rusty Hamptons of the world who are told to go follow an investigator are no longer allowed to garner the whole truth.

One news source in a state is no longer accepted as the only source of truth. And the only voice of those who know they are full of shit.

For those who do not see the buying of players in the negative test results of a kid who smokes dope on camera, or one that jumps out of a hotel balcony, or one who nearly dies from an overdose, sure there are no 'buying' of players.

For those who do not see a house for a family barely able to afford their own in Florida to move to the community of oxford, surely, there was no inference of a buying of a player.

For those who want the abject breaking of rules to somehow count as legitimate wins that should be credited to a sports program, sure, there is no buying of players.

I love the story of a team going from worst to first. Heck, I'm a state fan, how could I not? But "who got paid?" You BRAGGED about using a fund for kids who need emergency funding for funerals to pay a mothers light bill in a home that you illegally procured for them. Are you 17ing retarded?

The same kid had, what, 4 luxury rental cars paid for? No, of course, the ncaa was there and gave you a NOA and specifically named 8 level one violations among 70 plus specific ones with NO EVIDENCE. They were on your campus almost as long as a graduate of your university. Let that sink in. An investigator could have gotten a DEGREE for as long as they stayed.

Is that what WE really want? Damn right. We (the rest of the NCAA) wants you to no longer be able to claim mythical national championships and honors YOU DIDNT EARN.

Listen, if you had to cheat as badly as you did and not get a number one ranking, and fail to make the SEC championship game, and fail to win 10 regular season games as your 'little brother' in state rival, what the hell should you be given an award for? Good grief, if you have 4 aces up your sleeves, cant you win the freaking hand?

You are not only not good at being a sports program, you suck at cheating too. USC east at least had a Heisman and a NC to be stained. All you have is the egg bowl trophy you didn't earn. congrats.

My feeling is that you are as smart as a box of hammers. And I am grateful.

Now go polish that egg for me.

confucius say
06-22-2016, 08:20 PM
They are following freeze's lead and clinging to this "no evidence of pay for play" narrative. He was shouting that from rooftops after the noa was released.

gravedigger
06-22-2016, 08:22 PM
YES YES, it surely has. It is no longer unchecked. The Rusty Hamptons of the world who are told to go follow an investigator are no longer allowed to garner the whole truth.

One news source in a state is no longer accepted as the only source of truth. And the only voice of those who know they are full of shit.

For those who do not see the buying of players in the negative test results of a kid who smokes dope on camera, or one that jumps out of a hotel balcony, or one who nearly dies from an overdose, sure there are no 'buying' of players.

For those who do not see a house for a family barely able to afford their own in Florida to move to the community of oxford, surely, there was no inference of a buying of a player.

For those who want the abject breaking of rules to somehow count as legitimate wins that should be credited to a sports program, sure, there is no buying of players.

I love the story of a team going from worst to first. Heck, I'm a state fan, how could I not? But "who got paid?" You BRAGGED about using a fund for kids who need emergency funding for funerals to pay a mothers light bill in a home that you illegally procured for them. Are you 17ing retarded?

The same kid had, what, 4 luxury rental cars paid for? No, of course, the ncaa was there and gave you a NOA and specifically named 8 level one violations among 70 plus specific ones with NO EVIDENCE. They were on your campus almost as long as a graduate of your university. Let that sink in. An investigator could have gotten a DEGREE for as long as they stayed.

Is that what WE really want? Damn right. We (the rest of the NCAA) wants you to no longer be able to claim mythical national championships and honors YOU DIDNT EARN.

Listen, if you had to cheat as badly as you did and not get a number one ranking, and fail to make the SEC championship game, and fail to win 10 regular season games as your 'little brother' in state rival, what the hell should you be given an award for? Good grief, if you have 4 aces up your sleeves, cant you win the freaking hand?

You are not only not good at being a sports program, you suck at cheating too. USC west at least had a Heisman and a NC to be stained. All you have is the egg bowl trophy you didn't earn. congrats.

My feeling is that you are as smart as a box of hammers. And I am grateful.

eta: corrected USC east to USC west

msbulldog
06-23-2016, 06:01 AM
Priceless!

lastmajordog
06-23-2016, 07:27 AM
You just pay the hooker's momma and it's all cool.

Or better yet buy her mama a house .......and pay her electric bill once in a while from a special fund.....

DownwardDawg
06-23-2016, 10:45 AM
I'd have to say, yeah.

^^^Winner^^^^^

Political Hack
06-23-2016, 01:06 PM
They dealt themselves pocket rockets and still lost all their chips.