PDA

View Full Version : Hearing it's as many as 4-5 former OM players/recruits that....

Coach34
06-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Have gone on record for this article coming out on OM in a couple weeks.

The national media is about to finally start tackling this the way they should have a year ago or more. This is going to be fun to watch

ILOATHEBears
06-22-2016, 11:02 AM

The national media is about to finally start tackling this the way they should have a year ago or more. This is going to be fun to watch

This is good news for NMU. They just want to tell their story

MadDawg
06-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Is this going to be info that will become part of the NCAA investigation(s)? Or is this just old stuff that will embarrass them but have little effect on anything going forward?

Homedawg
06-22-2016, 11:08 AM
This is good news for NMU. They just want to tell their story

Quality!!!

Coach34
06-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Is this going to be info that will become part of the NCAA investigation(s)? Or is this just old stuff that will embarrass them but have little effect on anything going forward?

I don't know that answer. But if it's 4-5 guys- that's going to carry a helluva lot of weight. You can't pass it off as "a couple of disgruntled players"

Johnson85
06-22-2016, 11:29 AM
So when is this story supposed to be published?

And any rumors about the story containing Coloradoesque violations?

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-22-2016, 11:33 AM
I think right before SEC Media Days.

Taog Redloh
06-22-2016, 11:38 AM
If this comes true, I will admit that you are an internet legend. You're on record as being pretty specific here.....national writer and national story, and 4-5 players on record, in the time before SEC media days.

We'll see.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-22-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't know that answer. But if it's 4-5 guys- that's going to carry a helluva lot of weight. You can't pass it off as "a couple of disgruntled players"

I hope it carries more weight than the 2011 HBO special on 4 former Auburn players who claimed that they were paid and received other benefits....all the smoke around Auburn and nothing ever came of it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=6272478

Auburn scandal timeline
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/4/4/4181074/auburn-football-scandal-timeline-2013

spbdawg
06-22-2016, 11:41 AM
#

Commercecomet24
06-22-2016, 11:51 AM
You can bet if it's a national writer and media and they've spent the time and money to research this, they're gonna time it for maximum impact.

Leroy Jenkins
06-22-2016, 11:54 AM
And just so everyone knows....Ole Miss steps up to the plate Thursday (7/14) during SEC Media Days. The entire event begins 7/11, a Monday. Would love to see this story published Sunday (7/10) evening and let it fester all week long.

I would rather it come out right before Saint Bev the Pious steps to the mic. Straight ambush. Would he run out the back like draft night or say somthing stupid? He doesn't do very well without pre-planned talking points.

coastratdog
06-22-2016, 12:00 PM
It would be better if the author of the story were at media days to ask specific questions to Freeze and see if his answers contradict what's in the story. That would really make him look like the liar that he is.

MSUDawg99
06-22-2016, 12:01 PM
And just so everyone knows....Ole Miss steps up to the plate Thursday (7/14) during SEC Media Days. The entire event begins 7/11, a Monday. Would love to see this story published Sunday (7/10) evening and let it fester all week long.

Hell I'd rather it come out Fri. a.m. or Thur. a.m. so it has the full 3 or 4 day wknd to fester, not just the night before.

blacklistedbully
06-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Bo Wallace? Brandon Bolden? Isn't Bolden the one who, after graduation tweeted, "This is why I couldn't wait to leave Oxford, this is what some "fans" do"?

MrKotter
06-22-2016, 12:18 PM
why couldn't this have come about while spurrier was still coaching? He would have been gold at media days

Coach34
06-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Hell I'd rather it come out Fri. a.m. or Thur. a.m. so it has the full 3 or 4 day wknd to fester, not just the night before.

I'd publish it on Monday. It will be the story that's talked about all week. Don't give them weekend to plan a response

msbulldog
06-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Oh hell yeah, catch em with their pants down!

TrapGame
06-22-2016, 12:28 PM

I can taste the popcorn now!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/lip_licker.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Chip
06-22-2016, 12:34 PM
How many times a day do you think Freeze and Bjork check this board to try to figure out what's going to happen next? And those two also have to be regular listeners to Steve's Boneyard broadcasts...have to be.

Jack Lambert
06-22-2016, 12:50 PM

I want it to come out today.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-22-2016, 01:20 PM
How many times a day do you think Freeze and Bjork check this board to try to figure out what's going to happen next? And those two also have to be regular listeners to Steve's Boneyard broadcasts...have to be.

Hugh Freeze Daily Schedule:

7am - Djembe practice

8am - Tooth maintenance

9am - Take ACT for recruit

10am - Pay a player

11am - Read ED and all C34s posts

Noon - Lunch with FCA

1pm - Woodworking Without Tools class

2pm - Listen to The Boneyard - Meet in Bjorks office

3pm - Pay a couple players

4pm - Retweet everything good i find about myself

4:03pm - Arrange for strippers and blow for upcoming satellite camp

5pm - Re listen to The Boneyard alone without Bjork chirping during the good parts

6pm - Marinate some wood

7pm - Blindside on repeat until fall asleep

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2016, 01:24 PM
How I want Bucky before he has to take the podium.

http://i.imgur.com/3fkL7Hh.gif

Chip
06-22-2016, 01:24 PM

7am - Djembe practice

8am - Tooth maintenance

10am - Pay a player

Noon - Lunch with FCA

5pm - Re listen to The Boneyard alone without Bjork chirping during the good parts

6pm - Marinate some wood

You forgot to finalize the day you must tweet at 7:30 pm #wintheday

MadDawg
06-22-2016, 01:38 PM

7am - Djembe practice

8am - Tooth maintenance

10am - Pay a player

Noon - Lunch with FCA

6pm - Marinate some wood

Well done!

Boodawg
06-22-2016, 01:39 PM

+1

MSUDawg99
06-22-2016, 01:41 PM

Also good

djaymsu5
06-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Whoever writes this magical story up of pure gold needs to end it with,

YAHTZEEEEEE!!!!

BossDawg
06-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Bo Wallace? Brandon Bolden? Isn't Bolden the one who, after graduation tweeted, "This is why I couldn't wait to leave Oxford, this is what some "fans" do"?

I believe you are correct on Bolden, sir.

JoseBrown
06-22-2016, 02:00 PM
I would rather it come out right before Saint Bev the Pious steps to the mic. Straight ambush. Would he run out the back like draft night or say somthing stupid? He doesn't do very well without pre-planned talking points.

He will take responsibility for the new "mistakes" made by himself and his staff that have just been heard of and say a prayer, on the record. Then run like a banshee!!***

Jack Lambert
06-22-2016, 02:03 PM

7am - Djembe practice

8am - Tooth maintenance

10am - Pay a player

Noon - Lunch with FCA

6pm - Marinate some wood

You left off:

6AM- takes a shit

6:05AM- gets out of bed.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2016, 02:08 PM
You left off:

6AM- takes a shit

6:05AM- gets out of bed.

He can do that, though. He just moves a stick in his dam and the water washes everything clean.

bhamdawgfan
06-22-2016, 02:20 PM

I'd rather it break on 7/5 or 7/6 after the long holiday weekend. Gives it a week to fester and not get lost in the other media day frenzy.

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2016, 02:37 PM
I'd say the morning that Freeze speaks at media day would be the best time. That way he has little to no time to consult the lawyers on his answers and he can't duck out on appearing. Hopefully the reporter who is writing it will be in attendance and will leak it ahead of time to a few others who will be there. I'll be out of the country during media days with no wifi access most of the time. I hate I'm going to miss it if it happens.

MedDawg
06-22-2016, 02:45 PM

Reason2succeed
06-22-2016, 02:47 PM
I'd say the morning that Freeze speaks at media day would be the best time. That way he has little to no time to consult the lawyers on his answers and he can't duck out on appearing. Hopefully the reporter who is writing it will be in attendance and will leak it ahead of time to a few others who will be there. I'll be out of the country during media days with no wifi access most of the time. I hate I'm going to miss it if it happens.

I hope the other media includes this guy.

http://www.cheaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Joey_Greco_Large.png

spbdawg
06-22-2016, 02:48 PM
#

Schultzy
06-22-2016, 03:09 PM
I'd have to say Tee Sheperd would give his story to a media member

bobtail bob
06-22-2016, 05:45 PM
So ready for this to happen. Why didn't Tunsil march arm in arm with buck freeze and baghdad bjork to quell the draft fiasco ? I think he's pissed too.

preachermatt83
06-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Whoever writes this magical story up of pure gold needs to end it with,

YAHTZEEEEEE!!!!

That would be absolutely awesome.

JoseBrown
06-22-2016, 06:09 PM
THIS!!!!!

It becomes The Story of SEC Media Days week. To do it any other week allows it to become buried in "last week's" news cycle.

Definitely best timing for it to come out first of the week of SECMedia Days week!! Needs to be THE story of SEC Media Days....

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-22-2016, 06:09 PM
I hope it carries more weight than the 2011 HBO special on 4 former Auburn players who claimed that they were paid and received other benefits....all the smoke around Auburn and nothing ever came of it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=6272478

Auburn scandal timeline
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/4/4/4181074/auburn-football-scandal-timeline-2013

I appreciate that sentiment, but this is a different place in time and things cannot line up worse for Northern Mississippi.

1) Slive is no longer here to protect the league. Is it a coincidence that no SEC member received severe probation during Slive's watch?

2) During Allbarn's rise, the NCAA was seen as toothless. Today, the NCAA wants to be relevant and it seems they are feeling their oats.

3) Allbarn's biggest pawn was a charismatic Heisman Trophy candidate/winner that they bought from Mississippi State. UNM took it to a whole new level when they started to piss off UAT, Notre Lame, UGA, Flarda, UTA and the like with their shenanigans.

4) I'm a man. I'm 40. I can remember several times when Allbarn football was relevant. UNM is not remotely in the same stratosphere of Allbarn. Click an ad while you cheatin' bitches are here.

JDog13
06-22-2016, 07:04 PM
B
E
N
G
O
L
S
O
N

msstate7
06-22-2016, 07:12 PM
B
E
N
G
O
L
S
O
N

Ben or Austin?

archdog
06-22-2016, 07:17 PM
I would rather it come up right as he takes the podium. Ask him questions about it on the fly. Make him fall on his sword.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Woodworking Without Tools class....+1 I laughed out loud on that one..

AlSwearengen
06-22-2016, 08:47 PM
Who was the te that had been committed to fl.state and ended up at olemiss? He was from tx and his mom or sister or both lovvvved the grove. He wasn't there for long. I got the feeling that he wasn't worthy of his four stars and they ran him off.

RIdog
06-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Who was the te that had been committed to fl.state and ended up at olemiss? He was from tx and his mom or sister or both lovvvved the grove. He wasn't there for long. I got the feeling that he wasn't worthy of his four stars and they ran him off.

Christian Morgan from Plano - he's currently at .......... Liberty University , overrated ? likely , but i seem to remember he had a serious injury too .

DawgHouseUnited
06-22-2016, 09:30 PM
I would rather it come up right as he takes the podium. Ask him questions about it on the fly. Make him fall on his sword.

See this is my feeling too. Do it too early and they have time to craft some responses. Would get more headline-grabbing stuff by making them answer questions on the fly.

JDog13
06-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Ben or Austin?

Austin

TrapGame
06-23-2016, 08:28 AM

Exactly. When Tunsil started his draft night confessional Freeze disappeared like a fart in a stiff wind. So I can see him not taking the podium to speak if this is released an hour before he speaks. I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse like he had an emergency mission trip to the Amazon rain forest or something.

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Exactly. When Tunsil started his draft night confessional Freeze disappeared like a fart in a stiff wind. So I can see him not taking the podium to speak if this is released an hour before he speaks. I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse like he had an emergency mission trip to the Amazon rain forest or something.

Probably saving villages from getting flooded. Those dams aren't building themselves.

Dental Dawg
06-23-2016, 08:38 AM
C34 has the Bears worked up over this. I laughed when some Redneck Sidewalk Bear fan called Bo Bounds this morning. He said that he was reading an Ole Miss message board and saw where Steve Robertson and Pat "Ford-Die" were writing an article together. He wanted to know if Bo knew anything about this. Bo denied having any knowledge, but I am willing to bet he follows the boards more than he lets on. Even if the article never happens, I think it's great to see them get worked up over this.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2016, 08:41 AM
C34 has the Bears worked up over this. I laughed when some Redneck Sidewalk Bear fan called Bo Bounds this morning. He said that he was reading an Ole Miss message board and saw where Steve Robertson and Pat "Ford-Die" were writing an article together. He wanted to know if Bo knew anything about this. Bo denied having any knowledge, but I am willing to bet he follows the boards more than he lets on. Even if the article never happens, I think it's great to see them get worked up over this.

Bo Bounds posts on this board weekly. You can bet your azz that he reads this board everyday. Heck, I'd bet around 30% of the topics for his show are originated from this board.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be shocked if Rosebowl has a user name here & we just have no clue it is him.

Spiderman
06-23-2016, 05:59 PM

(If you are gonna edit stuff I write, delete the whole post)

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2016, 06:22 PM
I have a feeling they're using every means and source at their disposal to find out at least who was interviewed to try and prepare a response. At a minimum, they've compiled a list of suspects and have developed rebuttal talking points.

msbulldog
06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
I have a feeling they're using every means and source at their disposal to find out at least who was interviewed to try and prepare a response. At a minimum, they've compiled a list of suspects and have developed rebuttal talking points.

Hell, I'm glad their spending there time dealing with this problem as a Athletic department, instead of doing what their supposed to do like managing their programs.

Reason2succeed
06-23-2016, 06:47 PM
+1 for the " Saint Bev the Pious"

And if true, this would be best. An unprepared, Un- PR coached Freeze is a hair trigger bomb. When off the script, they are lost.

Because I felt like it.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2016, 07:13 PM
You're embarrassing yourself.

Leroy Jenkins
06-23-2016, 07:27 PM
Bless your heart.

Reason2succeed
06-23-2016, 07:28 PM
You're embarrassing yourself.

Nm

ILOATHEBears
06-23-2016, 08:00 PM
nm

Reason2succeed
06-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks mods. I appreciate you cleaning it up.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2016, 06:25 AM
(If you are gonna edit stuff I write, delete the whole post)

The rest of it was on point and non political. I took out the political comment. Don't spin a post into politics on a great thread and there won't be any need for editing. You'll live.

Spiderman
06-24-2016, 07:03 AM
The rest of it was on point and non political. I took out the political comment. Don't spin a post into politics on a great thread and there won't be any need for editing. You'll live.

I made a truthful analogy. Evidently you didn't see a couple weeks back when Obama's teleprompter went down and he was stuck, looking like a deer in the headlights.

Just like Freeze would if it broke as he hit the podium.

When your are full of shit, it will show.

Again, I respectfully ask any mod in the future to delete the whole post by me if something needs editing.

Thick
06-24-2016, 07:05 AM

7am - Djembe practice

8am - Tooth maintenance

10am - Pay a player

Noon - Lunch with FCA

6pm - Marinate some wood

Marinate some wood....LMFAO!!

Reason2succeed
06-24-2016, 08:24 AM
I made a truthful analogy. Evidently you didn't see a couple weeks back when Obama's teleprompter went down and he was stuck, looking like a deer in the headlights.

Just like Freeze would if it broke as he hit the podium.

When your are full of shit, it will show.

Again, I respectfully ask any mod in the future to delete the whole post by me if something needs editing.

Wow! You still don't get it. How hard is it for you to simply keep political references off this board. Period.

TrapGame
06-24-2016, 08:47 AM
Marinate some wood....LMFAO!!

I bet it's this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nyTRdgyVL._SY355_.jpg

Bully13
06-24-2016, 09:49 AM
Wow! You still don't get it. How hard is it for you to simply keep political references off this board. Period.

Should have posted a pic of an infant crying with your whine.

Spider nailed it.

Mutt the Hoople
06-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Has any one seen Steve Robertson and Pat For-die in the same room together??????