PDA

View Full Version : If there were absolutely NO CHEATING in college football....

cheewgumm
06-21-2016, 04:45 PM
none. No payment, no nothing for recruits...

The only way you could get players was to offer them a scholarship...the end.

What would the top 5 look like? I'm going something like:

1 USC
2 UCLA
3 TEXAS
4 Harvard
5 Yale

Best coaches:

1 Cutcliffe
2 ?
3 ?
4 ?
5 ?

BB30
06-21-2016, 04:57 PM
USC
Texas
Alabama
Florida
Ohio State

I don't think it would change much from what it already is. Not every kid is intelligent enough to go to a Yale or Harvard. Not a knock on the kids just a fact. It is very difficult to get in and stay in school at those schools. Also, a large majority of the best athletes reside in the south. Living expenses and moving that far away would come into play for some families.

Coaches:
Saban
Patterson

scottycameron
06-21-2016, 05:11 PM
none. No payment, no nothing for recruits...

The only way you could get players was to offer them a scholarship...the end.

What would the top 5 look like? I'm going something like:

1 USC
2 UCLA
3 TEXAS
4 Harvard
5 Yale

Best coaches:

1 Cutcliffe
2 ?
3 ?
4 ?
5 ?

Harvard and Yale. That's funny.
And yes I got the joke (watch some not, I've seen them in action)

Taog Redloh
06-21-2016, 05:15 PM
It would be the same as it is now. Exact same.

Tripp McNeely
06-21-2016, 05:17 PM
1. Hawaii

TUSK
06-21-2016, 05:19 PM
I think Blue Blood programs would actually get more/better talent if cheating was "no mas"....

scottycameron
06-21-2016, 05:33 PM
1. Hawaii

I don't think surfing would be a big draw.

LC Dawg
06-21-2016, 08:18 PM
The top players are not going to school for the education. You take away the illegal incentives and they'll go to the place most likely to win and most likely to get them to the league which means it wouldn't be much different than it currently is.

State82
06-21-2016, 08:23 PM
The top players are not going to school for the education. You take away the illegal incentives and they'll go to the place most likely to win and most likely to get them to the league which means it wouldn't be much different than it currently is.

Yes. The NFL is the top priority for all the blue chippers. Always has been, always will be. Things would be pretty much as they are right now. Except for UNM's shenanigans.

SaintDawg
06-21-2016, 10:37 PM
USC
Texas
Michigan/Ohio St.
Alabama
Florida/Florida St.

Every damn year...

BeardoMSU
06-21-2016, 10:43 PM
BYU: highest ratio of white girl to athlete.**

Reason2succeed
06-21-2016, 11:02 PM
If it was all about location
USC, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Hawai'i

If it was really about student athletics
Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal Berkley, Duke, Vanderbilt

But it is the way it is because of money, fan bases, NFL pipelines
(Sorry, how pretty your campus is doesn't even make the list)

bulldawg28
06-22-2016, 06:45 AM
If it was all about location
USC, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Hawai'i

If it was really about student athletics
Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal Berkley, Duke, Vanderbilt

But it is the way it is because of money, fan bases, NFL pipelines
(Sorry, how pretty you're campus is doesn't even make the list)

It would this all day or more athletes would stay in their respective home states. If there were no cheating a lot of the traditional powers would be average teams. They wouldn't have as many championships maybe hardly any.

maroonmania
06-22-2016, 07:39 AM
then a significant percentage of OM alumni would have a lot of additional free time on their hands.***

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I might throw Oregon in there with the link to Nike. It isn't cheating to reap the benefits of the owner of Nike leaning toward signing athletes from Oregon when they go professional. It is similar to Harvard and Yale having a leg up on other schools because their graduates come back to hire a "Yale graduate". I actually got an interview at my current job because Mississippi St was on my resume'. My resume' came in a day after they had stopped accepting and he looked at it and interviewed me due to being an alum.

One thing most of those schools have in common is a big alumni base that gives you a link to hiring managers. Texas, Ohio St, and UF have some of the largest enrollments in the US.