PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
06-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Playing well... We've won 5 straight including a sweep over the national league champs. Teheran has been unbelievable. Gant just pitched a terrific start. Wisler has been solid. Norris is pitching well... Gotta think we'll land a decent prospect if Norris keeps this up. Blair just had one of his better starts vs the mets with the Cubs' game being the other. Folty should be back soon which will make picking a starting 5 interesting unless we pull the trigger on a Norris trade. On the farm, touki, Whalen, and newcomb are coming on strong. Ellis (om product... Boo!) just got promoted to AAA. We are suddenly looking pretty stacked at SP for the future.

Mallex is having a solid rookie year... Hopefully he comes back strong after his dl stint coming up. Inciarte is getting hot. FF is unconcious. Hopefully Markakis and aybar can come on strong with the trade deadline fast approaching. Oh and flowers is looking like a decent catcher.

Rebuild is taking shape with the young pitching leading the way.

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Finally looking like a team that can make a playoff game next year.

msstate7
06-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Finally looking like a team that can make a playoff game next year.

Gonna need a couple good FA signings along with Albies and Swanson living up to the hype

parabrave
06-20-2016, 08:58 PM
Well see what happpens when you have half decent coaching. Snitker is 15 and 7 since taking over. Pitching has been better, Snitker has finally put the batters in the right lineup order and most importantly FF has finally gotten hot. They still need a couple of power guys in the 4 and 5 hole though. Don't expect them to make any major FA signings his year. I am uping my win prediction to 65, barring any future bone headed trades.

msstate7
06-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Well see what happpens when you have half decent coaching. Snitker is 15 and 7 since taking over. Pitching has been better, Snitker has finally put the batters in the right lineup order and most importantly FF has finally gotten hot. They still need a couple of power guys in the 4 and 5 hole though. Don't expect them to make any major FA signings his year. I am uping my win prediction to 65, barring any future bone headed trades.

Not quite that good...
@DOBrienAJC
#Braves are 14-18 under Snitker, 11-12 in past 23 games, and 5-0 w/ 2.20 ERA, .295 BA, 31 R & 5 HR on current winning streak.

Still the improvement is undeniable

Commercecomet24
06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Like what i been seeing since snit took over. The pitching has been really good and they're starting to actually look like a Major League Baseball team.

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Don't get too attached to the pitchers in the minors. They're trade ammo for bats. With no legit big time pitchers hitting free agency this offseason, look for a bunch of them to move this winter.

Commercecomet24
06-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Don't get too attached to the pitchers in the minors. They're trade ammo for bats. With no legit big time pitchers hitting free agency this offseason, look for a bunch of them to move this winter.

That's my hope as well. I believe that's why they been stockpiling young pitching. Keep the ones they want and use the others to trade for bats.

parabrave
06-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Not quite that good...
@DOBrienAJC
#Braves are 14-18 under Snitker, 11-12 in past 23 games, and 5-0 w/ 2.20 ERA, .295 BA, 31 R & 5 HR on current winning streak.

Still the improvement is undeniable

Sorry my 1 button wasn't working Should've said around .500. Another suprise is Francours bat. He is batting around 270 which isn't bad for someone coming off the scrapheap.

louisvilledawg
06-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Is albies going to move to 2b or is swanson gonna move to third?

msstate7
06-21-2016, 12:20 PM

Albies been playing 2b

louisvilledawg
06-21-2016, 12:37 PM
ah. thanks. haven't kept up with him as much since he got promoted.

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Club already announced they won't move either until both are in the majors, then one will go to 2B. Basically, one of them is going to be traded so they're trying to keep the trade value of both as high as possible as long as they can.

louisvilledawg
06-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Club already announced they won't move either until both are in the majors, then one will go to 2B. Basically, one of them is going to be traded so they're trying to keep the trade value of both as high as possible as long as they can.

They're going to trade one??? Why not just keep both and move a position. albies is the man. and obviously swanson is dat dude.

BoomBoom
06-21-2016, 08:54 PM
They're going to trade one??? Why not just keep both and move a position. albies is the man. and obviously swanson is dat dude.

Its possible, but not likely. They need bats. No way to get a net increase in good batters by trading one of them, unless they have a logjam on the infield. Right now they dont. Hell theyre still an infielder short (3B).

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Its possible, but not likely. They need bats. No way to get a net increase in good batters by trading one of them, unless they have a logjam on the infield. Right now they dont. Hell theyre still an infielder short (3B).

Glad we traded for Olivera instead of Puig.*********

And reading between the lines, one of Albies and Swanson is going to go. It's just a matter of when. You don't wait until they're both on MLB to decide which one to move if you're planning on both of them being with the franchise.

msstate7
06-21-2016, 09:17 PM

And reading between the lines, one of Albies and Swanson is going to go. It's just a matter of when. You don't wait until they're both on MLB to decide which one to move if you're planning on both of them being with the franchise.

Albies has played 2b at Gwinnett for last 2-3 weeks

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Albies has played 2b at Gwinnett for last 2-3 weeks

That may be, but the 3 Johns have been adamant that neither would move until they're both with the big club. Color me skeptical that this is permanent. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were. Just not buying it. The way the front office has sold this rebuild has eroded my faith in them.

BoomBoom
06-21-2016, 09:38 PM
That may be, but the 3 Johns have been adamant that neither would move until they're both with the big club. Color me skeptical that this is permanent. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were. Just not buying it. The way the front office has sold this rebuild has eroded my faith in them.

I d0nt know where you got that. Ive never heard it. Albies playing 2b is telgraphing that Swanson will get called up to AAA and play SS.

BoomBoom
06-21-2016, 09:40 PM

Of course you wait. Not necessarily until MLB, but again ive never heard that. Swanson is the better SS right now, Albies has the higher ceiling. Absolutely you play both at SS for as long as you can, the move to 2b is easy.

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2016, 09:52 PM
I d0nt know where you got that. Ive never heard it. Albies playing 2b is telgraphing that Swanson will get called up to AAA and play SS.

They said it when the called Albies up to Gwinnett. I remember it because another diehard Braves friend and I had this same discussion at the time. I'm not saying one's going to be traded tomorrow, but within the next 5 years - one's going to move. It's pretty easy to read between the lines for anyone who's looking.

smootness
06-22-2016, 01:48 PM
They said it when the called Albies up to Gwinnett. I remember it because another diehard Braves friend and I had this same discussion at the time. I'm not saying one's going to be traded tomorrow, but within the next 5 years - one's going to move. It's pretty easy to read between the lines for anyone who's looking.

Within the next 5 years? I mean, they'll initially only be under control for 6 years once they're up, so sure, one could be traded within 5 years. But there is absolutely no plan to trade either one anytime soon. That isn't going to happen.