PDA

View Full Version : In a development that is surprising to no one....

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 12:01 PM
Louisiana DA declines to press any charges against Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones due to "lack of evidence". Back to your regularly scheduled Bammer programming.

JETDAWG
06-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Do we @ MSU have are lawyers ready to get Simmons cleared, "if Bama can we can" He is a difference maker, we will need him this year.

Coach34
06-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Simmons is good to go

Jack Lambert
06-20-2016, 12:23 PM
To be honest I am really surprise. I know he is a Bama guy but hell he was in Louisiana and he did not sign with LSU. I figure that would have been his death nail.

msbulldog
06-20-2016, 12:25 PM
They jus 'takin care of bizness in Monroe"!

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 12:39 PM
To be honest I am really surprise. I know he is a Bama guy but hell he was in Louisiana and he did not sign with LSU. I figure that would have been his death nail.

Well for one thing, program's of Bama's stature can afford to have a lot of pull pretty much anywhere. But even without all that being taken into consideration, this is still a first time offender and a nonviolent crime. Even if had been some random guy off the street and not a future 1st round pick, it still probably would have been pled down to a misdemeanor and handled by probation and community service. That is just the reality of the US legal system.

Bama_Dawg
06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Simmons is good to go

Except for being suspended for the season opener.

Taog Redloh
06-20-2016, 01:51 PM
"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV.
Wowowowowowowowowow

TUSK
06-20-2016, 02:14 PM
REC doin' werk.

mic
06-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Media will be crickets on this...

TUSK
06-20-2016, 02:35 PM
word is the case was dropped due to "illegal/improper search"....

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Well for one thing, program's of Bama's stature can afford to have a lot of pull pretty much anywhere. But even without all that being taken into consideration, this is still a first time offender and a nonviolent crime. Even if had been some random guy off the street and not a future 1st round pick, it still probably would have been pled down to a misdemeanor and handled by probation and community service. That is just the reality of the US legal system.

Wasn't there guns in the car also? I realize they didn't use them on anyone but having drugs and guns in the car would make it more serious in my eyes.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Except for being suspended for the season opener.

I think we'll be fine in that game...

FISHDAWG
06-20-2016, 04:07 PM
word is the case was dropped due to "illegal/improper search"....

so now it's the cops fault ?**

... I'm glad that bunch isn't residing in Grenada Without the Lake

FISHDAWG
06-20-2016, 04:08 PM
delete double post

PassInterference
06-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Do we have the facts in the case? Apparently other internet warriors must have read the whole case file.

TUSK
06-20-2016, 04:44 PM
Do we have the facts in the case? Apparently other internet warriors must have read the whole case file.

based on what little diggin' I've done:

1. Cam & Hootie were "keepin' it real" & got caught smokin' weed in their car...
2. The cops smelled weed, saw a "legal" pistol...
3. Cops searched the car and found a pistol that had been reported stolen (felony)...
4. The Defense challenged the search as "illegal/improper"...
5. DA threw it out do to lack of evidence...

obviously, I wasn't there, it's just what I read...

I seen it dawg
06-20-2016, 04:53 PM
One word....new ski boat

TUSK
06-20-2016, 04:54 PM
One word....new ski boat

literally "one word": Bargain.

mic
06-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Once again the media will be crickets... Hail King Saban...

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Once again the media will be crickets... Hail King Saban...

I'm not sure what the media can really say. The charges were dropped by the DA. It's not like they can claim there was some gross miscarriage of justice.

fccee1
06-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Someone tried to call me a troll for saying this several weeks ago

LC Dawg
06-20-2016, 09:42 PM
According to Ole Miss fans the charges being dropped against these guys means it's only fair that the Rebels should not be punished for their multiple level 1 NCAA violations. Those people just really run from logic.

mic
06-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure what the media can really say. The charges were dropped by the DA. It's not like they can claim there was some gross miscarriage of justice.

Check out the DA said about the case....
The media won't touch it because of Saban...

Behrdawg
06-20-2016, 11:14 PM
I know Jerry Jones- he's a good friend of a family member. This is not the first time he has done or said this with a young person.

I also know that he has put his own son in prison for breaking the law. Honestly, the guy is legit.

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Check out the DA said about the case....
The media won't touch it because of Saban...

I saw his quote and it was certainly ridiculous. But I read that as more of a way for the state to save face after an illegal search and seizure instead of saying what really happened. Of course it was a pretty poor attempt at that as well, but I don't see anyone except some of the more comedic media like EDSBS really having much substance there to put out a viable story. Other than the guy who evidently got his gun stolen, it's not like there is an actual victim out there like with the Jameis Winston rape allegation or Baylor scandal. Those types of stories tend to go away quietly regardless of whether it's Bama or anyone else.

mic
06-20-2016, 11:24 PM
I saw his quote and it was certainly ridiculous. But I read that as more of a way for the state to save face after an illegal search and seizure instead of saying what really happened. Of course it was a pretty poor attempt at that as well, but I don't see anyone except some of the more comedic media like EDSBS really having much substance there to put out a viable story. Other than the guy who evidently got his gun stolen, it's not like there is an actual victim out there like with the Jameis Winston rape allegation or Baylor scandal. Those types of stories tend to go away quietly regardless of whether it's Bama or anyone else.

Never said it was similar to Baylor.. Just saying the media won't tread on King Saban..

TUSK
06-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Never said it was similar to Baylor.. Just saying the media won't tread on King Saban..

It's "My Dark Lord", or "MDL"...*

Seriously, both you and HSV make some good observations/comments....

JETDAWG
06-21-2016, 01:37 PM
do you think that Simmons will start game #2?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-21-2016, 01:52 PM
What's the total number of players Saban has processed, I mean kicked off the team for rules violations throughout his time at Bama? He is the master of the indefinite suspension.

mic
06-21-2016, 02:27 PM
I know Jerry Jones- he's a good friend of a family member. This is not the first time he has done or said this with a young person.

I also know that he has put his own son in prison for breaking the law. Honestly, the guy is legit.

Ok... So he will throw the book at his own son, and yet not even press ANY charges against these 2 because he doesn't want to ruin their careers that they have spent working so hard for while we sit under the AC..

He sounds real Ligit...

Jack Lambert
06-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Ok... So he will throw the book at his own son, and yet not even press ANY charges against these 2 because he doesn't want to ruin their careers that they have spent working so hard for while we sit under the AC..

He sounds real Ligit...

Sounds like a typical Bama Homer. He probably has a poster of nick saban above the bed to look at when he is making love to his wife.

TUSK
06-21-2016, 02:46 PM
What's the total number of players Saban has processed, I mean kicked off the team for rules violations throughout his time at Bama? He is the master of the indefinite suspension.

ooooh, that's a good question... I'd say it's actually a higher number than the SEC average...

lemme research that for ya, I-Dawg...

TUSK
06-21-2016, 03:15 PM

Jimmy Johns, Robby Green, Altee Tenpenny, DJ Pettway, Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes, Brent Calloway, Charles Baldwin, Curt Freitag, Jon Taylor, Tyren Jones….

I’m sure I’m missing a few….

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-21-2016, 03:28 PM
Jimmy Johns, Robby Green, Altee Tenpenny, DJ Pettway, Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes, Brent Calloway, Charles Baldwin, Curt Freitag, Jon Taylor, Tyren Jones….

I’m sure I’m missing a few….

Thanks...out of those, how many were expected to be solid contributors going forward prior to their arrest? I know Pettway was "kicked off" to a Juco and then Saban brought him back...of course Jon Taylor doesn't need to be explained, but I'm not sure on the others.

Behrdawg
06-21-2016, 03:31 PM

He sounds real Ligit...

I don't agree with it at all. He should have charged these guys. I'm just saying that this move is legit by his standards. I don't believe that anyone from Bama had anything to do with it.

TUSK
06-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks...out of those, how many were expected to be solid contributors going forward prior to their arrest? I know Pettway was "kicked off" to a Juco and then Saban brought him back...of course Jon Taylor doesn't need to be explained, but I'm not sure on the others.

Baldwin was expected to start this year... Johns was a Shula signee that was good enough to play but couldn't get his head right... same for Calloway and Green...

several of those cats were "5 Star" types, even...

LockeDawg
06-21-2016, 04:14 PM

There are some 5*'s mixed in that list. I know Eddie Williams was a stud during recruitment.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-22-2016, 02:46 PM
And like clock work: http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/06/22/alabama-crimson-tide-cam-robinson-hootie-jones-suspended-discipline?xid=si_social

"According to the documents obtained by KNOE, coach Nick Saban suspended both players indefinitely in May. Both players have also undergone weekly urine tests since the arrest, and have attended appointments with a mental health consultant....

Alabama has not said if Robinson or Jones will miss any games."

In other news, Bama's S&C coach is making $525,000.00....wtf?

Coach34
06-22-2016, 03:12 PM
do you think that Simmons will start game #2?

i don't think he will start any this year