PDA

View Full Version : The Upcoming OM story

LeakyD
06-20-2016, 11:29 AM
The rumor is a national writer is going to break a story before SECmedia days. Among other things, interviews with disgruntled former players are part of the piece. Sounds fun.

HailState39110
06-20-2016, 11:33 AM
I heard about a month ago Sports Illustrated wanted to write a cover story on Tunsil draft night , but never heard anything since . Don't think that will happen but there are a lot of whispers someone is putting a piece together with new information ( if I was a betting man it is probably Yahoo! And Forde)

Coach34
06-20-2016, 11:36 AM
I keep hearing something is supposed to break before Media Days- and its new info. We'll see

Bully13
06-20-2016, 11:41 AM
I bet all my v-cash it won't come from espn.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 11:48 AM
My guess is Dan Wolken

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Parish Alford.

BeastMan
06-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Parish Alford.

http://giffiles.alphacoders.com/251/251.gif

louisvilledawg
06-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Parish Alford.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sZDPNsiMeGgrC/giphy.gif

Mjoelner34
06-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Parish Alford.

You give him too much credit. He said national writer. It HAS to be Bare-it Sally.

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Anxiously awaiting.

LC Dawg
06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Sports Illustrated has been in Mississippi and has talked to some people but I don't know how much further it has gone. I can't see them just rehashing what has already been talked about but if they came across some new information I could see them breaking it before media days.

LanceHarbor
06-20-2016, 01:07 PM
The rumor is a national writer is going to break a story before SECmedia days. Among other things, interviews with disgruntled former players are part of the piece. Sounds fun.

I have no idea as to his accuracy.

TrapGame
06-20-2016, 01:46 PM
I wait with anticipation.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/waiting.gif

BeastMan
06-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Sports Illustrated has been in Mississippi and has talked to some people but I don't know how much further it has gone. I can't see them just rehashing what has already been talked about but if they came across some new information I could see them breaking it before media days.

ESPN OTL has been poking around for years. Fact. No idea if that's who is writing or if anything is indeed coming. The media is like sharks when blood is in the water. Then when you are viewed as manipulating them with misinformation, they band together to try and take you down. Nerds with a pen can be a vindictive bunch. They're fraternal in how they take up for one another and share info.

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2016, 02:30 PM
Nerds with a pen can be a vindictive bunch. .

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/images/4/48/Nerds.gif

BossDawg
06-20-2016, 02:37 PM
IncarceratedBob said something (Bo and points shaving??) was supposed to drop during this football season. I had pretty much written him off though, until I found out he Tweeted about the Western Union payments to Tunsil's mom years before the Miami Herald reported it.

shrimp
06-20-2016, 07:33 PM
I have no idea as to his accuracy.

Dear Lance,

So sorry to hear about the passing of Billy Bob. Please accept my condolences. #hookandladder

parabrave
06-20-2016, 09:02 PM
Dear Lance,

So sorry to hear about the passing of Billy Bob. Please accept my condolences. #hookandladder

That make 2 of the cast who have died in their 40's.

Political Hack
06-20-2016, 09:08 PM
Nobody spelled this out for me, but it sounds like some people who have been around t eh college football world a long time in Mississippi have spoken to a reporter off the record. The timing would make sense from a PR perspective, but I'd be willing to bet the article is pretty much written. Be interesting to see if anything substantial comes from it...

spiritual_machine2005
06-20-2016, 09:10 PM
There is a thread on OM247 discussing the "hit piece". They believe it is Pat Forte and one of the disgruntled players is none other than Tee Shepherd. This coming from OM fans.

DeputyDawg
06-20-2016, 09:35 PM
They are purely speculating though Forde is a good guess. He "broke" the story just before signing day, so a follow up would be a reasonable assumption.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Tee Shepard, sometimes things work out for the best even when they don't seem that way at first.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 09:52 PM
They are purely speculating though Forde is a good guess. He "broke" the story just before signing day, so a follow up would be a reasonable assumption.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Tee Shepard, sometimes things work out for the best even when they don't seem that way at first.

How did we dodge a bullet? Mullen would not have kicked him off the team for having a disability therefore he would still be playing for us.

DeputyDawg
06-21-2016, 07:22 AM
How did we dodge a bullet? Mullen would not have kicked him off the team for having a disability therefore he would still be playing for us.

Turns out he isn't that good and more trouble than he is worth. I'm glad we didn't get him, and I bet Freezus wishes they hadn't.

SheltonChoked
06-21-2016, 07:52 AM
And since he "isn't that good" he would not have started for us. Therefore, could not have gotten disgruntled due to being benched and avoiding the negative situation.

notsofarawaydawg
06-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Turns out he isn't that good and more trouble than he is worth. I'm glad we didn't get him, and I bet Freezus wishes they hadn't.

Says the armchair quarterback after Freezus treated this player like shit. When you tell him one story to get him to sign with you and then turn around and crap on him like Freezus did, you need an ass whipping. All that was orchestrated to keep the kid from signing with MSU. **** Freezus.

TrapGame
06-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Says the armchair quarterback after Freezus treated this player like shit. When you tell him one story to get him to sign with you and then turn around and crap on him like Freezus did, you need an ass whipping. All that was orchestrated to keep the kid from signing with MSU. **** Freezus.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-k-9kKd.jpeg

Jarius
06-21-2016, 09:25 AM
The new spin is that this article coming out is just former disgruntled players and the national writer has an axe to grind with Ole Miss. You can't make this shit up.

Martianlander
06-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Probably written by a Haitian heathen that doesn't like Freeze's mission trips.****

starkvegasdawg
06-21-2016, 09:55 AM
The new spin is that this article coming out is just former disgruntled players and the national writer has an axe to grind with Ole Miss. You can't make this shit up.

But why would any of their former players be disgruntled? They got to play for ole miss and attend the most gorgeous tract of land this side of heaven. And the girls, how could they be disgruntled with all those playboy quality coeds just throwing themselves at them where ever they go? And if that weren't enough they got to live in the utopia that is Oxford, MS, and be worshipped like a deity. Please don't say that coaching staff could ever do something bad enough to cause a player to be disgruntled and not enjoy his time there.

AlSwearengen
06-21-2016, 10:03 AM
There is a thread on OM247 discussing the "hit piece". They believe it is Pat Forte and one of the disgruntled players is none other than Tee Shepherd. This coming from OM fans.

Tee Shepherd was the first that came to mind when someone mentioned disgruntled players. Imagine how big of a story that would make. A kid with a disability that has overcome so much being misled and bought away from a program that legitimately wanted him. All for the sole purpose of poking at said program.

SnoopDawg
06-21-2016, 10:23 AM
After Tee was dismissed from the team, I remember seeing him in a picture in front of a new house. Do any of you recall this scenario and whether he was implying he got a new house to live in?

Mjoelner34
06-21-2016, 10:41 AM
After Tee was dismissed from the team, I remember seeing him in a picture in front of a new house. Do any of you recall this scenario and whether he was implying he got a new house to live in?

I remember seeing that pic and something being said about the house but I found this:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/22/shepard-upset-following-departure-football-team/74384120/

“I want the truth to come out, people either going to believe me or (Rebels head coach Hugh) Freeze,” Shepard said in a screenshot of a direct message posted on Twitter. Uh-oh!

“Ole Miss recruited me at the last min(ute) during signing when they found out I was going to State,” added Shepard, who committed to Mississippi State before flipping to the Rebels. Uh-oh again!

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 11:46 AM
There is a key thing you guys are missing. Tee is a current NCAA athlete. He's not going to admit to NCAA violations and jeopardize his current eligibility unless he was given some sort of immunity from the NCAA. There are players much more likely to talk to reporters whose eligibility has been exhausted and don't have any football options left imo.

There are 3 players who have current eligibility who would talk if given immunity from the NCAA (including Shepard) if you buy in to that scenario. I just can't imagine a sitting head coach being happy to have one of his players names in a story of that nature.

Bully13
06-21-2016, 11:55 AM
There have been some posts here stating that some immunity has been given to some that have interviewed. The thing is though, why would you want to get someone in trouble because they threw you a few thousand dollars?

I wish there was an update on that bamer player who had to return the cash too.

msbulldog
06-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Damn, I'm running out or popcorn.

starkvegasdawg
06-21-2016, 12:51 PM
The thing is though, why would you want to get someone in trouble because they threw you a few thousand dollars?

It depends on whether or not that same coach then threw you under the bus to make room for the next big thing. Especially when it becomes apparent that coach only pretended to want you just to piss off his main rival, and once you served that purpose they make up some story as to why you were cut from the team.

starkvegasdawg
06-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Damn, I'm running out or popcorn.

This should hold you a while.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-120102-popcorn-6p.photoblog900.jpg

msbulldog
06-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks Vegas, hope this Mississippi thing doesn't drag out that long!

LanceHarbor
06-21-2016, 01:04 PM
A F______ TEN!

Dear Lance,

Jarius
06-21-2016, 01:07 PM
I've heard that Chris Kiffin is about to be implicated very heavily and probably won't be coaching at Ole Miss this fall. This comes from an Ole Miss booster that should know. He also said It's not looking good at all for them, so their smarter people are starting to get the picture.

BossDawg
06-21-2016, 01:25 PM
I remember seeing that pic and something being said about the house but I found this:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/22/shepard-upset-following-departure-football-team/74384120/

“I want the truth to come out, people either going to believe me or (Rebels head coach Hugh) Freeze,” Shepard said in a screenshot of a direct message posted on Twitter. Uh-oh!

“Ole Miss recruited me at the last min(ute) during signing when they found out I was going to State,” added Shepard, who committed to Mississippi State before flipping to the Rebels. Uh-oh again!

Oh, oh, oh.....this gone b gud!!!

BB30
06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I would also think certain athletes could have their name redacted from the article if they still had remaining eligibility and were worried about it. I just don't see how they come out of this clean or with minimal punishment. I am also a state fan and know not to get too worked up about this or the disappointment will be pretty terrible. There is just a lot of damning evidence that I don't think they can sweep under the rug this time.

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 02:03 PM
I would also think certain athletes could have their name redacted from the article if they still had remaining eligibility and were worried about it. I just don't see how they come out of this clean or with minimal punishment. I am also a state fan and know not to get too worked up about this or the disappointment will be pretty terrible. There is just a lot of damning evidence that I don't think they can sweep under the rug this time.

Just my opinion but you can't write that article with redacted names from a journalistic standpoint. You either write it with quotes or you don't.

notsofarawaydawg
06-21-2016, 02:25 PM
There is a key thing you guys are missing. Tee is a current NCAA athlete. He's not going to admit to NCAA violations and jeopardize his current eligibility unless he was given some sort of immunity from the NCAA. There are players much more likely to talk to reporters whose eligibility has been exhausted and don't have any football options left imo.

There are 3 players who have current eligibility who would talk if given immunity from the NCAA (including Shepard) if you buy in to that scenario. I just can't imagine a sitting head coach being happy to have one of his players names in a story of that nature.

I think he would be one of those easily.

BossDawg
06-21-2016, 03:13 PM
There is a key thing you guys are missing. Tee is a current NCAA athlete. He's not going to admit to NCAA violations and jeopardize his current eligibility unless he was given some sort of immunity from the NCAA.

The talk has been that the NCAA has granted immunity to the athletes they are interviewing. I certainly wouldn't punish the kids either in this situation.

Central Pork
06-21-2016, 03:18 PM
If the NCAA has a recruit that admitted taking money for a visit to OM, that should be enough to hammer them. That is the big part of their cheating plan and is flat out wrong.

I hope Bucky gets grilled at the SEC Media Days. He don't like looking bad. He might chew up the podium. :)

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 03:29 PM
The talk has been that the NCAA has granted immunity to the athletes they are interviewing. I certainly wouldn't punish the kids either in this situation.

I know there has been talk of that. If the NCAA is going to get serious about enforcement, it's what they'll have to do. Its not unprecedented btw. Here is the problem. I'll even give an example by name. Austin Gholson wasn't happy when he left OM and there is no love lost there. Fact. I'm sure he'd be willing speak to the NCAA. I wouldn't put it past him to spill dirt if he was given immunity. However, his going on record with a reporter is a completely different thing. IF IF IF the NCAA granted this immunity, don't you think they'd attach stipulations? I'd assume the first and important one would be don't speak on this publicly until we have everything resolved. The NCAA wouldn't want that splashed in the paper before they get it tied up. Let's keep up with using Gholson as an example. Do you think Gus Malzahn would allow him to do this interview? It would be a huge distraction for auburn football.

I could be dead wrong but I think it is more likely that it would be a former player who has exhausted eligibility IF this article rumor comes to fruition.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-21-2016, 03:32 PM
I know there has been talk of that. If the NCAA is going to get serious about enforcement, it's what they'll have to do. I'm s not unprecedented btw. Here is the problem. I'll even give an example by name. Austin Gholson wasn't happy when he left OM and there is no love lost there. Fact. I'm sure he'd be willing speak to the NCAA. I wouldn't put it past him to spill dirt if he was given immunity. However, his going on record with a reporter is a completely different thing. IF IF IF the NCAA granted this immunity, don't you think they'd attach stipulations? I'd assume the first and important one would be don't speak on this publicly until we have everything resolved. The NCAA wouldn't want that splashed in the paper before they get it tied up. Let's keep up with using Gholson as an example. Do you think Gus Malzahn would allow him to do this interview? It would be a huge distraction for auburn football.

I could be dead wrong but I think it is more likely that it would be a former player who has exhausted eligibility IF this article rumor comes to fruition.

That's a damn good example, but I don't think he would talk anyway. He got what he wanted when he signed with OM and they lifted the restrictions so he could transfer to Auburn. Now, if Freeze would've prevented him from going to Auburn like they initially tried to do, I could see the burned bridge for sure. Like I said though, great example of a possible source.

MSUDawg99
06-21-2016, 03:45 PM

Where did Tee transfer to? I thought he left UM?

LockeDawg
06-21-2016, 04:05 PM
I know there has been talk of that. If the NCAA is going to get serious about enforcement, it's what they'll have to do. Its not unprecedented btw. Here is the problem. I'll even give an example by name. Austin Gholson wasn't happy when he left OM and there is no love lost there. Fact. I'm sure he'd be willing speak to the NCAA. I wouldn't put it past him to spill dirt if he was given immunity. However, his going on record with a reporter is a completely different thing. IF IF IF the NCAA granted this immunity, don't you think they'd attach stipulations? I'd assume the first and important one would be don't speak on this publicly until we have everything resolved. The NCAA wouldn't want that splashed in the paper before they get it tied up. Let's keep up with using Gholson as an example. Do you think Gus Malzahn would allow him to do this interview? It would be a huge distraction for auburn football.

I could be dead wrong but I think it is more likely that it would be a former player who has exhausted eligibility IF this article rumor comes to fruition.+1 Very logical example.

If we've learned anything, you can't discuss/comment on an ongoing NCAA investigation. Until the case is resolved and completed then I highly doubt the NCAA would allow anyone involved (especially a former OM transfer player with eligibility left) to speak to a media member just for the sake of getting a juicy expose piece out to the public. What purpose would that serve the NCAA?

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Where did Tee transfer to? I thought he left UM?

Miami of Ohio. Even if he was inclined to tell stuff to the NCAA, they wouldn't let him take that to the media. And his new coach sure as hell doesn't want that distraction

LockeDawg
06-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Miami of Ohio. Even if he was inclined to tell stuff to the NCAA, they wouldn't let him take that to the media. And his new coach sure as hell doesn't want that distraction

Leads me to believe any "sources" the journalist has will be a former player that has exhausted all NCAA eligibility. I'm not sure I've ever heard of the NCAA granting immunity to a player to get them to give info on another program. I mean all the NCAA has to do is use eligibility as leverage to make the player tell the truth.

Houston Nutt
06-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Jeff Scott is supposedly spilling the beans

Bully13
06-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know if tee spoke with the NCAA?

Bully13
06-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Jeff Scott is supposedly spilling the beans

What does clemsons off coordinator have to do with this?

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Leads me to believe any "sources" the journalist has will be a former player that has exhausted all NCAA eligibility. I'm not sure I've ever heard of the NCAA granting immunity to a player to get them to give info on another program. I mean all the NCAA has to do is use eligibility as leverage to make the player tell the truth.

The NCAA has absolutely given players immunity. It is not unprecedented. I just don't see those guys being able to go to the media before the case is resolved.

Liverpooldawg
06-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Just my opinion but you can't write that article with redacted names from a journalistic standpoint. You either write it with quotes or you don't.

Why not? It's done all the time in politics.

notsofarawaydawg
06-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Maybe one of the Kimdashion brothers has been encouraged by their parents to speak out about how Hugh Freeze allowed them to smoke that shit and screw up their lives. Sad to the core when a muther****er like Freeze will preach from the church podium but allow guys he recruited to smoke pure poison chemicals and pot and continuously fake their drug tests just so they can play for him and then he just basically throws them away. This POS needs to be thrown under a real bus.

Percho
06-21-2016, 06:57 PM
If the NCAA has a recruit that admitted taking money for a visit to OM, that should be enough to hammer them. That is the big part of their cheating plan and is flat out wrong.

I hope Bucky gets grilled at the SEC Media Days. He don't like looking bad. He might chew up the podium. :)

I hope he breaks just like - Col. Nathan R. Jessup

BeastMan
06-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Why not? It's done all the time in politics.

Are you talking about a government release? I've never read an article that had redacted names of it wasn't quoting or including a redacted document. I've never seen a sports article with redacted names. Bad form imo

PassInterference
06-21-2016, 09:29 PM
ESPN OTL has been poking around for years. Fact. No idea if that's who is writing or if anything is indeed coming. The media is like sharks when blood is in the water. Then when you are viewed as manipulating them with misinformation, they band together to try and take you down. Nerds with a pen can be a vindictive bunch. They're fraternal in how they take up for one another and share info.

My old man used to tell me never to argue with somebody that buys paper by the cylinder and ink by the barrel.

MaroonState
06-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Who was the QB from I think Itawamba AHS that signed with them under Nutt? Maybe him. Or Paidwell's best friend that transferred before his eligibility was up?

Bodaski
06-22-2016, 11:11 AM
My guess of players given immunity would be Bo Scarbrough and Sheim Carter from Bama. Supposedly both of them were paid to visit scum and both talked to the Bama compliance folks. Remember Scarbrough had to sit out the first 4 games last season. I also believe Freeze was begging Chris Jones not to talk too. Why else would a coach from another school call a player? None of that added up and Chris's reaction to the story made me think that is why Freeze called him.

BeastMan
06-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Who was the QB from I think Itawamba AHS that signed with them under Nutt? Maybe him. Or Paidwell's best friend that transferred before his eligibility was up?

Mikail Miller. Rumor was that a player who went on to cause a lot of trouble allegedly beat him up in the facility. No action was taken and Miller was pushed out. He transferred I think.

Brahmabull
06-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Can't be Miller though as he died within the past 12 months if I remember correctly.

sandwolf
06-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Can't be Miller though as he died within the past 12 months if I remember correctly.

Yea, he died in a car wreck earlier this year.

Liverpooldawg
06-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Are you talking about a government release? I've never read an article that had redacted names of it wasn't quoting or including a redacted document. I've never seen a sports article with redacted names. Bad form imo

I'm talking about articles from journalists. You see un-named sources all the time. It doesn't matter the subject.

BeastMan
06-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Yea, he died in a car wreck earlier this year.

That's terrible. Hate to hear that. RIP

Jack Lambert
06-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Why else would a coach from another school call a player? None of that added up and Chris's reaction to the story made me think that is why Freeze called him.

Because Freeze is just weird.