PDA

View Full Version : Barney Farrar & Starkville High School

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:06 AM
So Hugh Freeze has asked Barney Farrar to resign twice in the past 2 months, yet he has the recruiting ability to go into Starkville High School & get Willie Gay? :confused:

I find this as an interesting sub-plot to the Willie Gay recruitment, since I have it on good authority that Freeze has asked Farrar to resign multiple over the past few months.

http://i.imgur.com/Pixl5FD.jpg

So this brings up a few interesting questions....

1. Is Barney Farrar, like the rest of the Ole Miss staff, among the greatest recruiters of his generation? After all, after being publicly named in the Tunsil allegations & being asked to resign multiple times by Hugh Freeze himself, I think we can all agree that Barney has an awful lot going against him right now in order to land a top player from Starkville High School. Must take an extremely gifted recruiter to make that happen legally.

2. Farrar is using the Willie Gay commitment as bait to get a bigger severance package from Ole Miss? Barney knows where the bodies are buried and the more leverage he has or the more bodies he knows are buried, the larger severance he can demand for his resignation.

3. Barney is going all out right now to prove to Hugh Freeze that he can't force him to resign? Barney is putting in the extra "effort" to win back Hugh Freeze's respect & appreciation.

This is an interesting & odd situation that when you consider that Willie committed to MSU's coaches earlier in the day & the panic that must have caused Farrar, due to Freeze already asking him to resign twice, it's fairly easy IMO to see what happened here.

Now, I expect to Farrar to be fired in the next few months after more information leaks & then Willie will decommit from Ole Miss & recommit to MSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 09:16 AM
It's crazy as hell and that's why I asked about it on the recruiting thread. Gay was talking awfully found of Barney in his last interview.

JDog13
06-20-2016, 09:22 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/278/052/be3.jpg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 09:24 AM
The way they are going about business as usual, it is hard not to think that we are all blowing this out of proportion. It seems being under the microscope would make them a little more shy when it comes to recruiting. I mean we all know that Barney was directly involved because of Tunsil tweets, he was more than likely behind AJ Brown signing bonus and yet he swoops in and snags yet another top player from Starkville?

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:26 AM
The way they are going about business as usual, it is hard not to think that we are all blowing this out of proportion. It seems being under the microscope would make them a little more shy when it comes to recruiting. I mean we all know that Barney was directly involved because of Tunsil tweets, he was more than likely behind AJ Brown signing bonus and yet he swoops in and snags yet another top player from Starkville?

All with Hugh Freeze asking him to resign over the past two months. Farrar is making it where he can't be fired. It would be mutually assured destruction & he is just building up leverage

msstate7
06-20-2016, 09:27 AM

If Barney is being asked to resign, what the heck does he have to lose by going balls to the wall?

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Farrar walked into SHS with his assistant recruiter.

http://i.imgur.com/FkURFzm.gif

msstate7
06-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Where is this info coming from BTW?

Dawgology
06-20-2016, 09:30 AM

This...exactly. But let's bury our head in the sand and pretend everything is peachy.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:31 AM
If Barney is being asked to resign, what the heck does he have to lose by going balls to the wall?

Absolutely nothing & that's what is going on IMO

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Where is this info coming from BTW?

Sources....

BeastMan
06-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Farrar isn't the problem at SHS. A few of the SHS assistants who have been busy bees are. Will be interesting to see if any important people in Starkville have any stones to leverage some things...

Liverpooldawg
06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Y'all need to get it through your heads that as long as they have a program they are going to continue to do what they have been doing the last few years. They have gone all in and won't slow up. They appear to be on the SMU track. It remains to be seen if the NCAA has the stones to do it this time around because that is what it will take. They are probably going to get hit with some fairly stout sanctions. That will have little effect other than to limit the number of official scholarships they hand out. The crunch will come when they are under repeat offender status. Will the NCAA look the other way or will they step up to the plate and enforce the rules?

msstate7
06-20-2016, 09:35 AM
This...exactly. But let's bury our head in the sand and pretend everything is peachy.

You really think this is business as usual? They have 2 4*'s, but both in state. They fill out rest of current class with 3*'s of which 3 are out-of-state and the rest are in-state. Last year's class had 2 5*'s and 8 4*'s from out-of-state

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Farrar isn't the problem at SHS. A few of the SHS assistants who have been busy bees are. Will be interesting to see if any important people in Starkville have any stones to leverage some things...

It's likely a two fold problem. The assistants aren't working without direction. That being said, those assistants need to be fired.

MafiaDawg
06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
The leadership in Mayberry doesnt have the stones to do anything about it. They are more concerned with making sure hwy 12 doesn't get a sidewalk. The town and people of starkville are more of a problem than anyone wants to admit. I wish there were some powerful boosters of SHS to do something but it doesn't appear there are any.

Spiderman
06-20-2016, 09:48 AM
So Hugh Freeze has asked Barney Farrar to resign twice in the past 2 months, yet he has the recruiting ability to go into Starkville High School & get Willie Gay? :confused:

I find this as an interesting sub-plot to the Willie Gay recruitment, since I have it on good authority that Freeze has asked Farrar to resign multiple over the past few months.

http://i.imgur.com/Pixl5FD.jpg

So this brings up a few interesting questions....

1. Is Barney Farrar, like the rest of the Ole Miss staff, among the greatest recruiters of his generation? After all, after being publicly named in the Tunsil allegations & being asked to resign multiple times by Hugh Freeze himself, I think we can all agree that Barney has an awful lot going against him right now in order to land a top player from Starkville High School. Must take an extremely gifted recruiter to make that happen legally.

2. Farrar is using the Willie Gay commitment as bait to get a bigger severance package from Ole Miss? Barney knows where the bodies are buried and the more leverage he has or the more bodies he knows are buried, the larger severance he can demand for his resignation.

3. Barney is going all out right now to prove to Hugh Freeze that he can't force him to resign? Barney is putting in the extra "effort" to win back Hugh Freeze's respect & appreciation.

This is an interesting & odd situation that when you consider that Willie committed to MSU's coaches earlier in the day & the panic that must have caused Farrar, due to Freeze already asking him to resign twice, it's fairly easy IMO to see what happened here.

Now, I expect to Farrar to be fired in the next few months after more information leaks & then Willie will decommit from Ole Miss & recommit to MSU.

I have no idea who your sources are, But I would bet a lot of money that Barney hasn't been asked to resign at anytime, yet.

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2016, 09:50 AM
I have no idea who your sources are, But I would bet a lot of money that Barney hasn't been asked to resign at anytime, yet.

You could very well be correct, but I've got a really good source

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 09:52 AM
It's likely a two fold problem. The assistants aren't working without direction. That being said, those assistants need to be fired.

Like I said the other day, if this was going on at Oxford HS with players that UNM wanted, it would be taken care of and those coaching would be summarily shown the door. We apparently have foxes in the hen house and the Starkville community will likely just look the other way. They are all in everywhere, we apparently never will be.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-20-2016, 10:05 AM
All with Hugh Freeze asking him to resign over the past two months. Farrar is making it where he can't be fired. It would be mutually assured destruction & he is just building up leverage

ahhh ok..makes sense

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Like I said the other day, if this was going on at Oxford HS with players that UNM wanted, it would be taken care of and those coaching would be summarily shown the door. We apparently have foxes in the hen house and the Starkville community will likely just look the other way. They are all in everywhere, we apparently never will be.

I don't know if it's still the case, but there used to be several wealthy families that lived in Starkville and all were graduates of ole miss.

Jarius
06-20-2016, 10:11 AM
The head coach at Starkville used to coach at South Panola, correct? I know everyone is saying it's the assistant coaches, but that is extremely fishy.

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 10:46 AM
There is no such thing as a head coach asking an off the field assistant to resign. Freeze is Farrar's boss. If he wanted him gone, he would have fired him. It would be incredibly detrimental to the program to allow a coach to stay on after requesting his resignation multiple times, especially for the other coaches in the locker room who would view Farrar as having more power than Freeze. Not to mention that the NCAA would not grant any leniency for a coach that simply resigns on their own as opposed to being fired for indiscretions. It has to be an actual firing (like we did with Mirando and Bama did with Bo Davis) for it to even be remotely viewed as proactive by the administration.

Quite simply, everyone on that staff is all in and is going down with the ship. They won't fire anyone or even request resignations until the NCAA tells them they have to.

Reason2succeed
06-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Asked to resign twice?!?!? Hahahaha! If a person doesn't resign when ASKED they're fired. What a dumpster fire they've got up there.

confucius say
06-20-2016, 10:56 AM

Go on...

Taog Redloh
06-20-2016, 10:57 AM
I really hope some of our resident experts are right about the Ole Miss probation. Because it sure does not seem so.

And on Starkville, there are some Ole Miss folks there steering those kids to Ole Miss. And no, it doesn't seem MSU has anyone in place to resist this.

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Asked to resign twice?!?!? Hahahaha! If a person doesn't resign when ASKED they're fired. What a dumpster fire they've got up there.

It would be a dumpster fire if that is what actually happened, but there's pretty much no chance that it actually went down that way. Still, it's a smoldering trash can that could easily evolve to dumpster fire status by the time the COI is done with them.

shannondawg
06-20-2016, 11:01 AM
You could very well be correct, but I've got a really good source

But if he has fallen out of favor with Freeze, where is he getting the resources to recruit? I do stand by my theory that there wasn't any money changed hands. Hope I am wrong.

Just doesn't add up to me and but have been told that I ain't that smart, but do have a smidgeon of common sense.

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 11:03 AM
I really hope some of our resident experts are right about the Ole Miss probation. Because it sure does not seem so.

And on Starkville, there are some Ole Miss folks there steering those kids to Ole Miss. And no, it doesn't seem MSU has anyone in place to resist this.

If true, that is absolutely one of the most ridiculously pathetic things I have ever read on this board.

TrapGame
06-20-2016, 11:06 AM
If they let Barney go it means they have to admit they have a problem and it wasn't just simple "mistakes". They're not putting blood in the water. They're all in until the end.

Bodaski
06-20-2016, 11:32 AM
We don't play the game like OM. Why can't people understand the only way Freeze got the OM job was to do what they have done. Remember, he was there under Orgeron and he was knee deep in working with the network. When Cutcliff refused to recruit like they wanted, they fired him and hired Orgeron who got Freeze in the Touey/Oher deal. No way would OM have hired Freeze as HC based on his college experience. This picture has been so clear from the beginning.

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
If they let Barney go it means they have to admit they have a problem and it wasn't just simple "mistakes". They're not putting blood in the water. They're all in until the end.

Yep, they had about a 3 day window after the draft day texts surfaced to make a statement by firing Farrar, Miller, or both after their "fact finding process" was complete. It was fish or cut bait right then and there. They decided to keep fishing. That window has long since passed and anything else would be viewed as reactionary at this point. Way too late now to fire either one or request resignations, whatever the case may be.

LockeDawg
06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
There is no such thing as a head coach asking an off the field assistant to resign. Freeze is Farrar's boss. If he wanted him gone, he would have fired him. It would be incredibly detrimental to the program to allow a coach to stay on after requesting his resignation multiple times, especially for the other coaches in the locker room who would view Farrar as having more power than Freeze. Not to mention that the NCAA would not grant any leniency for a coach that simply resigns on their own as opposed to being fired for indiscretions. It has to be an actual firing (like we did with Mirando and Bama did with Bo Davis) for it to even be remotely viewed as proactive by the administration.

Quite simply, everyone on that staff is all in and is going down with the ship. They won't fire anyone or even request resignations until the NCAA tells them they have to.+1

If Freeze wanted Farrar gone, he'd be gone. It wouldn't take Freeze "asking" him twice in the last two months to resign and when he didn't Freeze just sends him back out on the recruiting trail. Someone's "sources" are misinformed.

Jack Lambert
06-20-2016, 12:25 PM
+1

If Freeze wanted Farrar gone, he'd be gone. It wouldn't take Freeze "asking" him twice in the last two months to resign and when he didn't Freeze just sends him back out on the recruiting trail. Someone's "sources" are misinformed.

They want him gone so they can tell the NCAA "see here what we did" but they don't want to fire him because then they can't use the narrative "our coaches did nothing wrong". He knows he got them by the nuts.

biggun
06-20-2016, 12:38 PM
You really think this is business as usual? They have 2 4*'s, but both in state. They fill out rest of current class with 3*'s of which 3 are out-of-state and the rest are in-state. Last year's class had 2 5*'s and 8 4*'s from out-of-state

It's only June. They will end up with 4 of the top 5 in state recruits plus did I mention it's only June.

msstate7
06-20-2016, 12:46 PM
It's only June. They will end up with 4 of the top 5 in state recruits plus did I mention it's only June.

They're gonna recruit good in miss. They just are, but business as usual would be still taking big time recruits from bama and other powers out-of-state... This is what got them in trouble to start with and I don't see them pulling it off this year

BTW... Me saying om isn't recruiting as well really upset you

Jack Lambert
06-20-2016, 02:38 PM

Let's see if you make it to July.

HSVDawg
06-20-2016, 02:53 PM
They want him gone so they can tell the NCAA "see here what we did" but they don't want to fire him because then they can't use the narrative "our coaches did nothing wrong". He knows he got them by the nuts.

That's the thing though. They can't say "see here what we did" if he leaves on his own by resigning. He has to be publically terminated. And the window for that to happen has long since passed.

BossDawg
06-20-2016, 02:59 PM
They're gonna recruit good in miss. They just are, but business as usual would be still taking big time recruits from bama and other powers out-of-state... This is what got them in trouble to start with and I don't see them pulling it off this year

BTW... Me saying om isn't recruiting as well really upset you

Here's the thing that pisses me off: if UM can recruit good, then by God there is no reason we shouldn't be recruiting good. It pisses me off that some people act like UM recruiting big is just something that's supposed to happen. They really only got "good" at recruiting (on a national level) within the past few years. There is no reason whatsoever that they should be out recruiting us, ESPECIALLY if they walk away with little more than a red ass from the NCAA.

msstate7
06-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Here's the thing that pisses me off: if UM can recruit good, then by God there is no reason we shouldn't be recruiting good. It pisses me off that some people act like UM recruiting big is just something that's supposed to happen. They really only got "good" at recruiting (on a national level) within the past few years. There is no reason whatsoever that they should be out recruiting us, ESPECIALLY if they walk away with little more than a red ass from the NCAA.

I think we're recruiting quite well this year right now.

Homedawg
06-20-2016, 03:19 PM

This guy gets it!!!

Tbonewannabe
06-20-2016, 03:21 PM

We have never won the Birmingham Bowl which is apparently what starts 5 star recruits from out of state to flock to your program.

Homedawg
06-20-2016, 03:21 PM
That's the thing though. They can't say "see here what we did" if he leaves on his own by resigning. He has to be publically terminated. And the window for that to happen has long since passed.

Right, bc he told them to shove it up there ass he wasn't the only one going down w the ship!! He ain't going to quit. And they CAN'T fire him. The fact he's still there doesn't prove innocence or that nothing is going to happen. Just that he won't quit and when he goes the titanic blows up! Or he's rich as hell!!!

Bully13
06-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Jack is right. Time for the enforcer to do a background check.