PDA

View Full Version : I really love the way the staff is recruiting MS this cycle.

dawgclub99
06-18-2016, 03:26 PM
The stud of the class in MS so far is Kylin Hill (Better than Akers IMHO). Add to that the Calloway trio of Odom, Champion and Dabney and we are making a solid pipeline into another talent rich program in Jackson. Monterio Hunt is a rising sleeper. He has better covering skills than his teamate last year Linton without all of the game playing. I really like him from a quality small school in the state. The way the staff is recruiting the coast is also impressive. Once an LSU stronghold, MSU is now the dominate school on the coast and it is showing in recruiting. Getting athletes out of Pascagoula, Ocean Springs and Gautier will really set us up for talent in the future. I'm glad to see the staff has tried to get us back to our roots of dominating the state first which helped build our solid teams from before. Great days are ahead. hailstate and GTHOM.

Reason2succeed
06-18-2016, 03:42 PM
I agree. I know everyone is melting down because of what a couple of blue chips did last year and what a certain Starkville LB did yesterday. However, we have to play the game within the rules or OM will be more than happy to pull us into the hell they are about to experience.

Sometimes you have to keep your nose clean in the present in order to reap the reward later. OM is going to get theirs and when they do....

dawgclub99
06-18-2016, 03:49 PM
I agree. I know everyone is melting down because of what a couple of blue chips did last year and what a certain Starkville LB did yesterday. However, we have to play the game within the rules or OM will be more than happy to pull us into the hell they are about to experience.

Sometimes you have to keep your nose clean in the present in order to reap the reward later. OM is going to get theirs and when they do....

Agreed. We will start getting more and more blue chipers as parents see that we do things the right way.

Saltydog
06-18-2016, 04:04 PM
Agreed. We will start getting more and more blue chipers as parents see that we do things the right way.

Hate to say it, but no we won't. For the most part, they have always out recruited us but not by much for the most part. However, the last few years the talent discrepancy has been pretty obvious. If we start out recruiting them, it won't be because we do things, "the right way". It'll be because their hands will be tied and the playing field gets leveled and that's if they get hammered and if they quit cheating and I'm doubtful of that. They might scale it back but they'll always cheat because there will always be players and parents with their hands out. Ole Miss won't stop. It's who they are. "Cheater U"......

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Hate to say it, but no we won't. For the most part, they have always out recruited us but not by much for the most part. However, the last few years the talent discrepancy has been pretty obvious. If we start out recruiting them, it won't be because we do things, "the right way". It'll be because their hands will be tied and that's if they get hammered and if they quit cheating and I'm doubtful of that. They might scale it back but they'll always cheat because there will always be players and parents with their hands out. Ole Miss won't stop. It's who they are. "Cheater U"......

They signed 12 4*'s and 3 5*'s last year. Have we ever even signed 6 consensus 4*'s in one class?? We can keep burying our head in the sand but it will be to our detriment.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Have we ever even signed 6 consensus 4*'s in one class??.

SDDawg
06-18-2016, 04:41 PM
They signed 12 4*'s and 3 5*'s last year. Have we ever even signed 6 consensus 4*'s in one class?? We can keep burying our head in the sand but it will be to our detriment.

The class is horribly overrated that they signed, speaking of burying your head in the sand you might want to head to Yancy's board to sync up on their recruiting. Y'alls comments are awfully similar...

SDDawg
06-18-2016, 04:42 PM

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good meltdown. Mullen and Freeze have both won 34 games in the past 4 years but you'd think Freeze was ahead of Mullen by 12 wins over his career based on the commentary on this board. Funny.

bulldawg28
06-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Your an idiot

Jack Lambert
06-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Your an idiot
I thought he was talking about Bama. Hell thats a number one class.

dawgclub99
06-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Please don't let facts get in the way of a good meltdown. Mullen and Freeze have both won 34 games in the past 4 years but you'd think Freeze was ahead of Mullen by 12 wins over his career based on the commentary on this board. Funny.

Exactly. They beat Alabama twice and win a few Egg Bowls and all of a sudden they think they are among the big boys? Sad the way those idiots think. Try beating Memphis or Arkansas before putting yourself at that level.

Reason2succeed
06-18-2016, 04:58 PM
OM is about to be on probation. They can go full retard and keep slinging money around but they will find themselves as thE SMU of the SEC real quick. Hell, to see OM get the death penalty I would vote to rename State Snitch U. I hate those cheating bastards.

bulldawg28
06-18-2016, 05:04 PM

Lol..exactly.

msbulldog
06-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Ya'll folks that want to get down in the ditch with Mississippi need to go away. I want our school to be better than that, if we have to cheat to win championships you can keep 'em. HAIL STATE!

Reason2succeed
06-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Ya'll folks that want to get down in the ditch with Mississippi need to go away. I want our school to be better than that, if we have to cheat to win championships you can keep 'em. HAIL STATE!

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!

Houston Nutt
06-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Your an idiot

This never fails to make me smirk

AROB44
06-18-2016, 06:15 PM

So, are you advocating cheating.....just not on the scale of OM? If so, I strongly disagree. Our history of doing that is absolutely horrendous. If you are not advocating cheating, just what are you saying?

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 08:26 PM

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 08:27 PM
You are absolutely right. All is well. No problems at all.

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 08:32 PM
So, are you advocating cheating.....just not on the scale of OM? If so, I strongly disagree. Our history of doing that is absolutely horrendous. If you are not advocating cheating, just what are you saying?

In advocating getting on the same playing field as everyone else. Regardless of what folks want to say in this post, I've never been to Yancy's board and the only time I've visited a UNM board was to rub the Egg Bowl win in 2013 in their collective faces. I was banned. Never been back to one. I'm simply stating that we appear to be getting owned in the place we are supposed to be focusing on. We are betting our future on the NCAA taking care of our problem. I don't like that.

Bucky Dog
06-18-2016, 09:27 PM
They bought12 4*'s and 3 5*'s last year. Have we ever even signed 6 consensus 4*'s in one class?? We can keep burying our head in the sand but it will be to our detriment.

There I fixed it for you. And don't be a douche!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Hill is good but he just aint better than Akers. No way.

Reason2succeed
06-19-2016, 06:57 AM
In advocating getting on the same playing field as everyone else. Regardless of what folks want to say in this post, I've never been to Yancy's board and the only time I've visited a UNM board was to rub the Egg Bowl win in 2013 in their collective faces. I was banned. Never been back to one. I'm simply stating that we appear to be getting owned in the place we are supposed to be focusing on. We are betting our future on the NCAA taking care of our problem. I don't like that.

Betting our future? No, we are betting their future and bet they get hammered. If not then the NCAA will have proved that ththe are an incompetent relic of the past and everyone will be free to cheat unrestrained even us.

What we are saying is that if players and their parents are playing the game that OM is playing the we probably aren't the school for them. Mercs are hard to control and will eventually give you a Tunsil situation.

msbulldog
06-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Betting our future? No, we are betting their future and bet they get hammered. If not then the NCAA will have proved that ththe are an incompetent relic of the past and everyone will be free to cheat unrestrained even us.

What we are saying is that if players and their parents are playing the game that OM is playing the we probably aren't the school for them. Mercs are hard to control and will eventually give you a Tunsil situation.

^^^Agree^^^

Statefan
06-19-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't see how people on this board can have a field day with NCAA allegations against Ole Miss and immediately accuse them of buying players every time they get a commitment and laugh at how the Tunsil pay-for-play situation blew up, but then also laud them for their recruiting prowess and trash our staff for not getting the caliber of commits Ole Miss gets. Gotta pick a side

Honestly we do really damn well if you gauge our NFL draftees vs the rest of the league -- we just need a change in philosophy at the OL position.

Statefan
06-19-2016, 10:44 AM
The SEC is really split into 3 groups when it comes to recruiting

1) Bama, LSU, Auburn, UGA, UF, and maybe A&M and Tenn. Giant schools that have tons of money and exposure that will recruit well no matter what

2) The rest of us: State, UK, USC, Mizzou, Vandy, Ark - schools that don't have the stature of the ones above and that have to be a little more creative. And we are BY FAR the best in this group if you look at consistency in the last 6 years, NFL draft pics, Bowl games, etc

3) A school that should be in the bottom half but recruits in the top half - UM - and we all know what's about to happen to them

We obviously need to recruit better and go to several New Years 6 bowls to break into that top group. Losing all that in state talent last year did not help

Dawgology
06-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I don't see how people on this board can have a field day with NCAA allegations against Ole Miss and immediately accuse them of buying players every time they get a commitment and laugh at how the Tunsil pay-for-play situation blew up, but then also laud them for their recruiting prowess and trash our staff for not getting the caliber of commits Ole Miss gets. Gotta pick a side

Honestly we do really damn well if you gauge our NFL draftees vs the rest of the league -- we just need a change in philosophy at the OL position.

That's not my argument here. It should be obvious, though, that something is seriously broken in our recruiting. We need to fix that. Whatever it is. We can't always just say "well, school (fill in name) payed them and that's why they didn't choose State". I just don't buy that. It's an overused excuse. If they are offering them $$$ then we go all in on the intangibles and find a different angle. It just seems like our coaches aren't putting out the effort some other coaching staffs do. Money hits the table and we run the other way because we don't want to be associated with "that kind of athlete". Problem is that type of athlete wins championships. Again, not saying we should buy them but we should be able to do something to keep these guys who are in our back yards and in MSU heavy areas.

Maybe I'm wrong and we will sign a boat load of elite talent to close out the class. The sad part is that that elite talent probably won't be Mississippi athletes. They will be going somewhere else by all prognostications. And that is sad.

Me melt is officially over... I just see a bleak future in our recruiting and, as the SEC grows, that will translate to on the field results. These past couple years have me worried. Really hope I'm wrong.

Reason2succeed
06-19-2016, 01:22 PM
That's not my argument here. It should be obvious, though, that something is seriously broken in our recruiting. We need to fix that. Whatever it is. We can't always just say "well, school (fill in name) payed them and that's why they didn't choose State". I just don't buy that. It's an overused excuse. If they are offering them $$$ then we go all in on the intangibles and find a different angle. It just seems like our coaches aren't putting out the effort some other coaching staffs do. Money hits the table and we run the other way because we don't want to be associated with "that kind of athlete". Problem is that type of athlete wins championships. Again, not saying we should buy them but we should be able to do something to keep these guys who are in our back yards and in MSU heavy areas.

Maybe I'm wrong and we will sign a boat load of elite talent to close out the class. The sad part is that that elite talent probably won't be Mississippi athletes. They will be going somewhere else by all prognostications. And that is sad.

Me melt is officially over... I just see a bleak future in our recruiting and, as the SEC grows, that will translate to on the field results. These past couple years have me worried. Really hope I'm wrong.

Bro, if a kids parent is asking you for $180K for the signature it doesn't matter how beautiful the trees and the campus are. They just want money. We're not a signing bonus program. We don't wade in the deep ish. They have to drive north for that.

BossDawg
06-19-2016, 01:26 PM

Well, yes, and no. Their tactics actually involve coddling the parents and not just the players. They either get the moms and pops (many times) that are actively shopping their kids around or the ones that just fall for a sweet deal. As we see, however, that appears to be a dangerous thing to do.

Eta: One of two things are about to happen though. Well, hopefully anyway. Either they get hammered and they scale back their desperation, or they skate. If they skate, then our gloves better come off and we better step things up significantly - but still be cautious because UM will no doubt go the route of hiring private investigators again.

Bothrops
06-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Hill is good but he just aint better than Akers. No way.

Hill isn't better than Akers, even though I think Akers is slightly overrated, but I believe Hill will have a better college career in the end.

Commercecomet24
06-19-2016, 02:20 PM

100% accurate! Can't have it both ways! Great post!