PDA

View Full Version : Om and the COI

msstate7
06-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Have they been granted a delay yet? 60 days from April 22nd is almost here

Hunkaburningdawg
06-18-2016, 10:53 AM
The Boneyard was interesting yesterday. Steve seems to think the "narrative" will change in a major way before Media Days. He hasn't been wrong on that topic yet. That might lead one to believe that they will not get a delay.

Homedawg
06-18-2016, 11:15 AM
I think they for sure are going to get a delay. And if they don't, that's good news for them, if you ask me. That means there is no amended Noa. Look at unc case it was delayed 2-3 times. Each time because additional info came out.

msstate7
06-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I think they for sure are going to get a delay. And if they don't, that's good news for them, if you ask me. That means there is no amended Noa. Look at unc case it was delayed 2-3 times. Each time because additional info came out.

Is a delay 60 days also or does the NCAA use a different time frame on delays?

Reason2succeed
06-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Steve spoke as if he already knew for certain when and what was coming. He hasn't been wrong yet so I'm just sitting back with my popcorn for the next scene of their soap opera.

Homedawg, "not so fast my friend". OM has a boat load of stuff going on. The NCAA is about 3-4 years in on their rectal exam and they probably just want to go ahead and levy the first round of penalties so that the narrative throughout the season cannot be that OM is skating or benefitting from brazenly cheating. Plus, after draft night and some of the other things rumored to have been revealed it may be too much to rush to a judgment on. So no, it may not be "a good thing" for OM. It may just be the process.

Coach34
06-18-2016, 11:41 AM
Something is supposed to break before SEC media days. And its being planned that way.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2016, 11:54 AM
Something is supposed to break before SEC media days. And its being planned that way.

Who planned it?

Central Pork
06-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Interesting news. Hey Coach34, can you tell us who is doing the planning? SEC media days has the potential of being great.

spbdawg
06-18-2016, 12:09 PM
#

Tripp McNeely
06-18-2016, 12:22 PM

When Gay decommits shortly after that news, as planned, it really will feel like their sky is falling

Coach34
06-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Who planned it?

media- not sure if the NCAA tipped them or what

Coach34
06-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Like I said Thursday.....if the ncaa wanted to give them a delay, it would have been granted by now.

the NCAA could have granted the delay and we dont know yet

KB549
06-18-2016, 06:26 PM
media- not sure if the NCAA tipped them or what

Is this the story that was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago when it was said that the only reason it hasn't been released already is that the Baylor thing broke and they didn't want the Baylor ordeal to overshadow it?

Coach34
06-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Is this the story that was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago when it was said that the only reason it hasn't been released already is that the Baylor thing broke and they didn't want the Baylor ordeal to overshadow it?

I'd have to say yeah

KB549
06-18-2016, 07:00 PM
I'd have to say yeah

Ha! well played, sir! Foreshadowing, perhaps? I was looking back at some older "rumors" and something caught my eye. This is from 2015 interview of Lindsey Miller with the CL:

"But on Thursday, Miller alleged to The Clarion-Ledger that in addition to the contact made by agents he is aware of violations that occurred during Tunsil's recruitment as well, including claims of falsified academic records and gifts made by the university."

In other parts he clearly says agent provided money, clothes, etc. But here, he is claiming gifts by the university. What if he finally turned over proof after the NOA? Just a hunch and guess. May have been covered in detail before, but like most things related to this, the devil is in the details of you read everything closely.

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2016, 07:04 PM
I'd have to say yeah

So it sounds like you're changing your tune on how hard they will get hit. If they are "planning" what gets released then they must know exactly what's coming.

KB549
06-18-2016, 07:07 PM
I think you misunderstood. The thread several weeks ago said the media was planning the release

GreenheadDawg
06-18-2016, 07:21 PM
I think you misunderstood. The thread several weeks ago said the media was planning the release

Gotcha. Guess I did misunderstand

spbdawg
06-18-2016, 07:33 PM
#

Coach34
06-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Coach, they would have attempted to spin it as good for them if this was the case.

I think their plan is to stay quiet until things leak.

The media backlash from being flat out lied to is supposed to start right before media days from what I understand. Something new is supposed to break

Dawgowar
06-18-2016, 10:34 PM

The media backlash from being flat out lied to is supposed to start right before media days from what I understand. Something new is supposed to break

UNC got their updated NOA and their football and men's basketball programs appear to magically be in the clear. Louisville's prez resigned. (Poor rick didn't notice the hookers because of poor university leadership).

If the NCAA is going to save three basketball programs (Syracuse's well) what are the odds that they can even remotely let UNM off the hook? UNM has athletic and academic issues. It can't be ignored.

While I personally would be happy if they were left to stew in this for another three or fours years, UNM likely needs to get this over with.

Remember what C34 noted - when the NCAA left this time there was a feeling of 'Oh Shit" in Oxford.

As Johnny Cash used to sing. "I hear the train a'comin.........."

sbcmortgageman
06-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Look for little birdies to start singing.

MadDawg
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM

Well it's about damn time the media finally does something about being lied to over and over and over again. They've been made to look like incompetent fools by a bunch of morally and ethically bankrupt individuals that run the umiss athletic department. I'd be pissed.

starkvegasdawg
06-20-2016, 09:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/SfMeri9.gif

Jack Lambert
06-20-2016, 10:01 AM
UNC got their updated NOA and their football and men's basketball programs appear to magically be in the clear. Louisville's prez resigned. (Poor rick didn't notice the hookers because of poor university leadership).

If the NCAA is going to save three basketball programs (Syracuse's well) what are the odds that they can even remotely let UNM off the hook? UNM has athletic and academic issues. It can't be ignored.

While I personally would be happy if they were left to stew in this for another three or fours years, UNM likely needs to get this over with.

Remember what C34 noted - when the NCAA left this time there was a feeling of 'Oh Shit" in Oxford.

I wonder if Johnny was high at the time?

Dawgowar
06-20-2016, 12:09 PM
I wonder if Johnny was high at the time?

Johnny partook of illicit refreshments? That allegation is unfounded sir! I am shocked l! What next? Elvis had an affinity for all you can eAt buffets and ice cream?

And you call yourself an American

spbdawg
06-20-2016, 01:56 PM
#

Bully13
06-20-2016, 02:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SfMeri9.gif

WOW. Just think what that LSU guy could do with folsom prison blues if Ole Miss gets hammered hard. Might even top "gonna take a hundred grand, to get the son of a preacher man "