PDA

View Full Version : Amid the melt

msstate7
06-18-2016, 07:21 AM
We haven't even got to big dawg camp and we have a 4-star Rb, 4-star qb, 4-star juco DT, juco OT that was a 4-star out of HS with a bama offer, juco TE that was a 4-star out of HS, borderline 4* lb out of Florida, de with multiple offers (bama, fsu, tenn, om, etc), and 8 other commits that we like well enough to take early. I refuse to melt over a kid that hasn't even signed yet. Carry on...

JDog13
06-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Indeed. If he wants to go play under probation, let him. I don't care.

Bdawg
06-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Plenty more fish in the sea. And OM may have him hooked, but he's not in the boat. I guess the reason for everyone's meltdown is he is in our backyard and we all know OM hasn't been recruiting on the up and up. So that just pisses us off even more when we feel like we're getting screw out of a good player by OM. Plus, it doesn't help when you feel like this is round two after a lot of people claim AJ got a huge chunk of dough.

I hope we have smoking gun in that OM gets nailed before signing day next year!

shannondawg
06-18-2016, 07:58 AM
After he played our coaches to look like fools with his fake commitment to us until the last moment, I doubt they would want him. That type of player, we don't need. There are other lb probably just as good or better.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
06-18-2016, 08:26 AM
I seen it dawg been a 17ing Dawg fan for 40 years . Do you even know what a Rebel Troll is. I mean every post I do you call out a Rebel Troll that's really comical and you should do a little better investigating before you call out State fans. Ridiculous! Do I need to ask you before I post ? See how you feel about what I post come on and Grow the 17 up.

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 08:50 AM
We haven't even got to big dawg camp and we have a 4-star Rb, 4-star qb, 4-star juco DT, juco OT that was a 4-star out of HS with a bama offer, juco TE that was a 4-star out of HS, borderline 4* lb out of Florida, de with multiple offers (bama, fsu, tenn, om, etc), and 8 other commits that we like well enough to take early. I refuse to melt over a kid that hasn't even signed yet. Carry on...

It's less about the fact that we lost a 4* LB and more about us losing elite Mississippi athletes when this is supposed to be where we are focusing our recruiting. We don't focus on national recruiting because our philosophy is to intensely recruit locally. Simmons and Kobe were good gets last year but there was ZERO reason to lose AJ and Lashley. Hell, about a month before signing day I saw Lashley and his family at Cracker Barrel in Columbus. They were all decked out head to toe in MSU gear. I didn't recognize him but I asked him if he played for State and he said "yes sir...well...I will be playing for them next fall". Then he introduced himself. Regardless of what game is being played to get those guys to flip from us we HAVE to step up and meet it. Prove we are willing to win.

This year looks like it might end up the same. Out of all of the elite high school football athletes in Mississippi it appears that State will get one...one... The other three or four will be choosing a school under NCAA investigation that appears to about to be hit with major sanctions. Regardless of what they are "telling recruits" or what money they are throwing at them a little ingenuity, hard-work, and investment should allow us to combat this pretty easily.

It's mind-blowing. Just mind-blowing.

Dawg61
06-18-2016, 08:50 AM
It's June.

Commercecomet24
06-18-2016, 08:53 AM
It's June.

THIS^^^^

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-18-2016, 09:17 AM
we will have Gay next February...all I'm saying about it.

msbulldog
06-18-2016, 09:21 AM
After he played our coaches to look like fools with his fake commitment to us until the last moment, I doubt they would want him. That type of player, we don't need. There are other lb probably just as good or better.

^^^agree^^^

msbulldog
06-18-2016, 09:59 AM
It's less about the fact that we lost a 4* LB and more about us losing elite Mississippi athletes when this is supposed to be where we are focusing our recruiting. We don't focus on national recruiting because our philosophy is to intensely recruit locally. Simmons and Kobe were good gets last year but there was ZERO reason to lose AJ and Lashley. Hell, about a month before signing day I saw Lashley and his family at Cracker Barrel in Columbus. They were all decked out head to toe in MSU gear. I didn't recognize him but I asked him if he played for State and he said "yes sir...well...I will be playing for them next fall". Then he introduced himself. Regardless of what game is being played to get those guys to flip from us we HAVE to step up and meet it. Prove we are willing to win.

This year looks like it might end up the same. Out of all of the elite high school football athletes in Mississippi it appears that State will get one...one... The other three or four will be choosing a school under NCAA investigation that appears to about to be hit with major sanctions. Regardless of what they are "telling recruits" or what money they are throwing at them a little ingenuity, hard-work, and investment should allow us to combat this pretty easily.

It appears from reading 247, that this year we are focusing more on out of state, especially FL, GA, TN, LA & TX. This appears to be because of our new coaches who have contacts from previous jobs. This is good, we would like to get the top in-state talent, but expanding our recruiting base gives us exponentially more options. Look at where the elite teams in the SEC West have signees from, the same states. Mullen made a definite shift in his recruiting plan this year, his choice or influence of the new coaches, I don't know.
I hate that Willie Gay committed to Mississippi, but "it ain't over till it's over". We are very strong at LB now and in the immediate future.
Willie Gay has said he was looking for immediate playing time and he has seen of enough of MSU games and practices to realize that probably was not going to happen.
If Willie stays with his commitment to Mississippi I wish him luck, but we will be just fine without him. HAIL STATE!

Jack Lambert
06-18-2016, 11:04 AM
I think things are real bad for UM and they went all in on gay. They know that they are not getting an extention and will recieve another NOA. They are misleading recruits and hoping they can delay long enough to get another class in before the hammer drops. They know once the hammer drops their four stars are gone.

msbulldog
06-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Jack I think your right!

BankerDog
06-18-2016, 11:13 AM
This is Leo Lewis 2.0. And for everyone who knows the real story on that, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Oh and by the way, recruits don't care that much about Bowl Bans or probation. They're just trying to have a good time and get to the league, especially OM players.

Joe Schmedlap
06-18-2016, 11:53 AM
It's June.

Sign o' the times

War Machine Dawg
06-18-2016, 12:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/cuCPKY3.gif

blacklistedbully
06-18-2016, 04:37 PM
we will have Gay next February...all I'm saying about it.

I agree with shannondawg. If it's true he played our staff as part of an OM plan to make our staff look foolish, I don't want him, period. I don't give a damn how good he is or could be...if he disrespects my school, he can go straight-to-hell. I don't blame kids who choose other schools, if they do it with class. But those who feel like they have to punk us are ones I literally hope fail miserably and wind up flipping burgers in a few years.

17 'em.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
06-19-2016, 08:30 AM
I agree with shannondawg. If it's true he played our staff as part of an OM plan to make our staff look foolish, I don't want him, period. I don't give a damn how good he is or could be...if he disrespects my school, he can go straight-to-hell. I don't blame kids who choose other schools, if they do it with class. But those who feel like they have to punk us are ones I literally hope fail miserably and wind up flipping burgers in a few years.

17 'em.

Totally Agree your either with us or against us. If your against us Go 17 yourselves! Hailstate

I seen it dawg
06-19-2016, 09:15 AM
I seen it dawg been a 17ing Dawg fan for 40 years . Do you even know what a Rebel Troll is. I mean every post I do you call out a Rebel Troll that's really comical and you should do a little better investigating before you call out State fans. Ridiculous! Do I need to ask you before I post ? See how you feel about what I post come on and Grow the 17 up.

You original post was ****ing stupid calling a kid names. It's June. Take your ****ing pills and calm the **** down. And put your ego back in a box...I call out a troll? I don't even remember you posting then I had to look and you had about 60...your post stunk of rebel shit...and it smells worse now since you go all bdork when I edited your original post. I give you permission to respond asshat.

JDog13
06-19-2016, 09:35 AM
You original post was ****ing stupid calling a kid names. It's June. Take your ****ing pills and calm the **** down. And put your ego back in a box...I call out a troll? I don't even remember you posting then I had to look and you had about 60...your post stunk of rebel shit...and it smells worse now since you go all bdork when I edited your original post. I give you permission to respond asshat.

^^^ bear troll

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
06-19-2016, 09:53 AM

17ing Pathetic !! Believe what you want. I could really careless. I don't recall calling a kid any names but ok. Enjoy your father's Day my fellow bulldawg !