PDA

View Full Version : If Willie Gay REALLY wanted to go to om...

Tripp McNeely
06-18-2016, 12:49 AM
Why would he rush his announcement date and "commit" to them on June 17th??? Think people...and don't say any stupid crap on social media!!

cheewgumm
06-18-2016, 12:52 AM
Relax man. We're all used to it.

Dawgology
06-18-2016, 05:46 AM
Why would he rush his announcement date and "commit" to them on June 17th??? Think people...and don't say any stupid crap on social media!!

Don't harass kids on social media. For the other part,if he wanted to go to UM he would commit to them...which he did. They also pulled a switcheroo on our coaches to make MSU look stupid. He's gone.

We had one job...get the girlfriend on the track team. We didn't. We lost another one from our backyard.

mic
06-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Merry Flipmas.....

Indndawg
06-18-2016, 07:43 AM

of year.

Then there's fall on campus. Its beautiful.

Original48
06-18-2016, 07:44 AM
We had one job...get the girlfriend on the track team. We didn't. We lost another one from our backyard.
And, just listening to the ole miss people, isn't the ole miss women's track team suppose to be the most corrupt and will continue to be the most heavily penalized program AT ole miss?? Man...y'all think our football coaches can't recruit...

Bdawg
06-18-2016, 07:46 AM
So much "green" this time of year!!!! Just too beautiful to turn down!! ;)

Spiderman
06-18-2016, 08:38 AM

OM has known they have had him for awhile. They begged him to go public for the PR, after all the bad PR lately.

Other coaches are killing them on the negative front. OM needed a high profile guy so they can tell others "See, Willie ain't scared to come here. He knows we are not gonna be in real bad trouble."

Lie or no, that's the message they need badly to counter the negative.

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2016, 09:12 AM
OM has known they have had him for awhile. They begged him to go public for the PR, after all the bad PR lately.

Other coaches are killing them on the negative front. OM needed a high profile guy so they can tell others "See, Willie ain't scared to come here. He knows we are not gonna be in real bad trouble."

Lie or no, that's the message they need badly to counter the negative.

If true, then what's your take on Willie committing to our coaches before announcing for OM?

Do you think Willie was being malicious, trying to make MSU look bad, or do you think something is up?

As much as some may think it was a milicious action, I don't think Willie has the balls or heart to do that. Something isn't right here and it will be interesting to see how it plans out.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2016, 09:20 AM
June

Spiderman
06-18-2016, 09:31 AM
If true, then what's your take on Willie committing to our coaches before announcing for OM?

Do you think Willie was being malicious, trying to make MSU look bad, or do you think something is up?

As much as some may think it was a milicious action, I don't think Willie has the balls or heart to do that. Something isn't right here and it will be interesting to see how it plans out.

I have no idea what he told our staff.

But I find it hard to believe that they didn't also know he was Ole Miss bound. I don't think they are stupid enough to have believed that even IF he did tell them something.

msstate7
06-18-2016, 09:40 AM
delete

Tripp McNeely
06-18-2016, 10:03 AM

But I find it hard to believe that they didn't also know he was Ole Miss bound. I don't think they are stupid enough to have believed that even IF he did tell them something.

I think your om booster buddies are keeping you from seeing the obvious. What highly touted MS recruit does this resemble the most in recent history?? Hint, it's not AJ Brown

thf24
06-18-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't think there's an obvious explanation to be inferred, but I highly doubt this is what it appears to be. It makes absolutely zero sense for a Starkville kid to commit to OM this early. If he really intends at this point to go to OM, why put up with the flak he's going to get for almost a year when he can just stay uncommitted and under the radar until February?

msbulldog
06-18-2016, 11:13 AM
I think your om booster buddies are keeping you from seeing the obvious. What highly touted MS recruit does this resemble the most in recent history?? Hint, it's not AJ Brown

Leo.

Spiderman
06-18-2016, 11:14 AM

I have one OM booster "Buddy" and I hardly ever see him. My info on this has nothing to do with OM

Coach34
06-18-2016, 11:44 AM

Our staff totally thought he was ours as of Wednesday. Thats why IYOK said "99%". He had hung out with our staff the 1st half of the week.

Something is up on all this

Spiderman
06-18-2016, 11:58 AM
Our staff totally thought he was ours as of Wednesday. Thats why IYOK said "99%". He had hung out with our staff the 1st half of the week.

Then our staff has no idea who to talk to or what the hell is going on because they were WAY out of the loop if they thought they had him.

bulldawg28
06-18-2016, 12:31 PM
Then our staff has no idea who to talk to or what the hell is going on because they were WAY out of the loop if they thought they had him.

Spider, I'm starting to think you've got too much rebel around you. Maybe on the inside too, huh?

ShotgunDawg
06-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Spider, I'm starting to think you've got too much rebel around you. Maybe on the inside too, huh?

Eh, he's been pretty accurate. Spider is well tied in. I think he's just telling us things we don't want to hear

Coach34
06-18-2016, 12:46 PM

I dont think anyone would be surprised to hear our guys are way out of the loop. As I said- the guy hung out with our staff half of this week and told us he was committing to us

SDDawg
06-18-2016, 12:52 PM
It's Leo Lewis again. That said, time to clean house over at Starkville High and get some new blood in there. We need MSU guys on that staff, top to bottom.

Coach34
06-18-2016, 01:00 PM
It's Leo Lewis again. That said, time to clean house over at Starkville High and get some new blood in there. We need MSU guys on that staff, top to bottom.

Rickey Woods is a good guy- its a couple of his assistants that are the problem

thedawg
06-18-2016, 01:26 PM
The game is rigged.. When Ole Miss comes to Starkville High and takes back to back dandy dozens with probation looming we should all probably stop caring about recruiting.. Starkville kid grows up a state fan goes to ole miss.. They can buy whoever they want until further notice

bulldawg28
06-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Eh, he's been pretty accurate. Spider is well tied in. I think he's just telling us things we don't want to hear

Accurate doesn't mean anything in regards to what I'm stating.

msstate7
06-18-2016, 01:50 PM

How much influence does miss state have when it comes to shs coaching decisions?

SDDawg
06-18-2016, 01:59 PM
How much influence does miss state have when it comes to shs coaching decisions?

If I'm Dan Mullen I'd have as much as I damn well please. There's a way to do things, and until Dan and the crew gets some things figured out we'll continue to deal with this junk. Starkville High would be a "no fly zone" if I was Mullen. There may be more going on here than meets the eye but even considering that I don't like giving OM any breathing room. Keep your foot on their neck until they choke.

Spiderman
06-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Accurate doesn't mean anything in regards to what I'm stating.

well then, what are you stating?

biggun
06-19-2016, 10:33 AM

Amen! Sick of the excuses and the merry flipmas BS. Another top 100 player from our backyard, gone! Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.

djaymsu5
06-20-2016, 09:28 AM
I dont think anyone would be surprised to hear our guys are way out of the loop. As I said- the guy hung out with our staff half of this week and told us he was committing to us

There is no doubt in my mind that OM told him to do that just to shit on us.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 10:06 AM
There's a video on another board of AJ's announcement last year...it sure looks like Willie throwing up the landshark in the back. Anyone who saw him there when his GF committed to ole miss could see this coming a mile away. I realize recruiting is highly unpredictable, but all the signs were there for this to happen....oh well.

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 10:22 AM
The game is rigged.. When Ole Miss comes to Starkville High and takes back to back dandy dozens with probation looming we should all probably stop caring about recruiting.. Starkville kid grows up a state fan goes to ole miss.. They can buy whoever they want until further notice

I pretty much feel the same way. Mullen is never really going to do the things need to fight back. So we are stuck as a 7 win type program because we are now barely holding our own in the state recruiting (against a team facing probation) and we just rarely get any elite talents from out of State. Sometimes we luck into one like Dak but high 4 star and 5 star talents from out of state we very rarely ever get. I know we are focusing more on out of state, and we will get some solid players no doubt, but how many real difference makers?

fishwater99
06-20-2016, 10:41 AM
There's a video on another board of AJ's announcement last year...it sure looks like Willie throwing up the landshark in the back. Anyone who saw him there when his GF committed to ole miss could see this coming a mile away. I realize recruiting is highly unpredictable, but all the signs were there for this to happen....oh well.

That's the key.. We need a current MSU student to become his new GF, that would be a start..

confucius say
06-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Rickey Woods is a good guy- its a couple of his assistants that are the problem

This is the second time I've read this. Is there a reason we are not identifying the assistants?

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 11:13 AM
This is the second time I've read this. Is there a reason we are not identifying the assistants?

And just to point out, as far as I know, the HC determines who the assistants are so I'm not really buying that Woods is a "good guy" at least from an MSU perspective.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2016, 11:20 AM

I thought this was common knowledge after AJ's deal last year.

djaymsu5
06-20-2016, 03:33 PM

Yea and I caught hell after saying this weeks ago. Knew this would happen.

Commercecomet24
06-20-2016, 03:45 PM

I agree. This hasn't smelled right since the start. I think there's more to the story that we don't know just yet. Be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.