PDA

View Full Version : Who does Double Coverage on Bulldog Sports Radio?

Pollodawg
06-17-2016, 10:21 AM
What's the guy's name that's always complaining about people not agreeing with him? Literally half of his show is him making fun of "Mad Online State Fan" or whatever he calls it. He did a show a week or so ago about how important winning third down was? Really? A whole show on something any middle school football coach could have told everybody in the room?

Newsflash. man. People don't really argue with you so much over what you say as how you say it. Don't come off as a know-it-all douche, and people will probably cut you some slack. And drop the creepy Mathew Mcconaughey voice when you're imitating "Mad Online Mississippi State Fan."

CadaverDawg
06-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Jake Wimberly.

I try so hard to like him...but can't. He just doesn't come across well on the radio. You described him perfectly. That is a bad bad show.

I enjoy B&B, Keep it 100, & the Boneyard though. Even ole Joel Coleman is good during baseball. The others are not good.

Jacksondevildog
06-17-2016, 11:02 AM
His show is ok, but he tries to act too much like Jim Rome and Rome's radio show is dead.

Pollodawg
06-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Downloaded the whole app just so I could listen to Robertson. Lol B&B is decent.

maroonmania
06-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Jake Wimberly.

I try so hard to like him...but can't. He just doesn't come across well on the radio. You described him perfectly. That is a bad bad show.

I enjoy B&B, Keep it 100, & the Boneyard though. Even ole Joel Coleman is good during baseball. The others are not good.

Yea, I hope Keep it 100 is still going because I find Brandon Walker hilarious, and unlike Wimberly, doesn't try to hide that he is a fan and has good perspectives on things. Haven't seen a Keep it 100 show on lately though. Wimberly does seem to spend way too much of his time talking down to and hating on the MSU fanbase even though he claims to be a MSU fan (he is an alum).

sandwolf
06-17-2016, 11:26 AM
And drop the creepy Mathew Mcconaughey voice when you're imitating "Mad Online Mississippi State Fan."

Is this the same voice he does when he imitates 'Billy Meat'? Last time I started listening to his BSR show, I cut it off because of that and I haven't listened to it since.....I have also been forced to listen to either Head to Head or music in the afternoons for this same reason. So awful.

MSUDawg99
06-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Is this the same voice he does when he imitates 'Billy Meat'? Last time I started listening to his BSR show, I cut it off because of that and I haven't listened to it since.....I have also been forced to listen to either Head to Head or music in the afternoons for this same reason. So awful.

Bobby Meat. Ha. And yes it's the same creepy "carnie/stalker" voice

Pollodawg
06-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Bobby Meat. Ha. And yes it's the same creepy "carnie/stalker" voice

Carnie/stalker. Nailed it.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-17-2016, 11:46 AM
This makes me want to go listen to the show to see if he's as bad as y'all say he is

CadaverDawg
06-17-2016, 11:57 AM
This makes me want to go listen to the show to see if he's as bad as y'all say he is

He tries hard....too hard. That's what makes it bad. Just a boring and unentertaining show imo

Pollodawg
06-17-2016, 12:07 PM
I kinda hate to rail the guy, but good night, he's annoying. I attempted to listen to his show about the most important game for MSU this season, and I finally just turned it off. lol

msbulldog
06-17-2016, 12:34 PM
I kinda hate to rail the guy, but good night, he's annoying. I attempted to listen to his show about the most important game for MSU this season, and I finally just turned it off. lol

I listened to about half that crap this morning, I cut it off too. If that guy is a State fan, you could have fooled me.

maroonmania
06-17-2016, 03:56 PM
I listened to about half that crap this morning, I cut it off too. If that guy is a State fan, you could have fooled me.

Maybe he got corrupted during the time he was doing the podcast show with the UNM guy that many think was behind the Analese Presley moniker.

DeputyDawg94
06-17-2016, 07:07 PM
His show is ok, but he tries to act too much like Jim Rome and Rome's radio show is dead.

I call him Jim Rome lite.

Dawgcentral
06-17-2016, 07:18 PM
I agree with the other poster in this thread, and I've said it before. We need more Brandon Walker. Keeping it 100 is great entertainment. Dude seems to broadcast from a basement in GA or elsewhere depending on where he's living, and keeps it real while cracking me up.
Local radio people need to recognize. Give him a spot and let us know when he'll be on.

Pollodawg
06-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Robertson is the best of the BSR lot by far followed by Carskadon and Hadad. Walker is at least funny. I can give him that.

JohnnyQuid
06-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Yea, I hope Keep it 100 is still going because I find Brandon Walker hilarious, and unlike Wimberly, doesn't try to hide that he is a fan and has good perspectives on things. Haven't seen a Keep it 100 show on lately though. Wimberly does seem to spend way too much of his time talking down to and hating on the MSU fanbase even though he claims to be a MSU fan (he is an alum).

walkers impersonation of an OM fan on twitter the day of the om/aggie 3rd game was pure ****ing gold. the profile pic was spot on - dude is funny

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-18-2016, 10:06 PM
The Bone Yard, B&B Show and Keep it 100 are solid/solid shows but Wimberly needs to back away from the mic about a foot and needs to slow down and breath through his damn nose every once in awhile when he's recording his show...he also needs to lose the Jim Rome schtick....talk about someone you shouldn't try an imitate - LOSER Jim Rome is #1 on that list.

tireddawg
06-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Every time he takes a breath it's like he's gasping for air.

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 10:56 AM
What's this I hear about me making the show? Bwahaha.

The Croom Diaries
06-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Sorry y'all don't like Jake but he's a great guy. He's been writing with us on M&WN for almost two years and I can vouch that he's definitely a State fan. He loves the Dawgs and hates OM as much as anyone, but he's also elevated his writing/radio to another level more significant than M&WN or BSR so he has to use some measure of objectivity in his work.

Maybe Jake is not for everyone, but he does a really good job diving deep into the numbers which a lot of hardcore fans like myself enjoy.

The idea that he thinks he's too good for regular MSU fans is laughable. The fact that he even still does a BSR show when he has his own actual radio show in Jackson, or that he still hangs out with us on M&WN when he rubs elbows with Tony Barnhart on Gridiron Now, or even frequents message boards like this to see himself get dragged trough the mud shows that he doesn't think he's too good for y'all.

You should give him a second chance because he is true maroon, and I can tell you he works his ass off to put out the content he delivers.

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Sorry y'all don't like Jake but he's a great guy. He's been writing with us on M&WN for almost two years and I can vouch that he's definitely a State fan. He loves the Dawgs and hates OM as much as anyone, but he's also elevated his writing/radio to another level more significant than M&WN or BSR so he has to use some measure of objectivity in his work.

Maybe Jake is not for everyone, but he does a really good job diving deep into the numbers which a lot of hardcore fans like myself enjoy.

The idea that he thinks he's too good for regular MSU fans is laughable. The fact that he even still does a BSR show when he has his own actual radio show in Jackson, or that he still hangs out with us on M&WN when he rubs elbows with Tony Barnhart on Gridiron Now, or even frequents message boards like this to see himself get dragged trough the mud shows that he doesn't think he's too good for y'all.

You should give him a second chance because he is true maroon, and I can tell you he works his ass off to put out the content he delivers.

Does he do funny voices on those shows too? Next time you talk to him be sure and let him know that people on the Internet can totally have an opinion. And no hard feelings. I apologize for hurting Mr. Waverly's feelings. I'm sure BSR is proud that he graces them with his presence.

The Croom Diaries
06-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Ok, fella. I was just trying to give you some perspective from someone who actually knows Jake that what you perceived about his attitude and fandom was not accurate.

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Ok, fella. I was just trying to give you some perspective from someone who actually knows Jake that what you perceived about his attitude and fandom was not accurate.

Never questioned his fandom. Just said basically that he rubbed me wrong and wondered if anyone else felt that way. Apparently, I was not alone. His little rant was incredibly unbecoming of someone you claim is so important. Sorry I made the thread and hurt your homie's feelings.

The Croom Diaries
06-20-2016, 01:19 PM
My bad, I thought I was reading your post in #5 of this thread but it was maroon mania. Congrats on getting your name mentioned 40 minutes into a podcast apparently everyone hates for starting this thread. Well deserved honor.

Bama_Dawg
06-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Didn't he run Bulldawg Junction for a while? I think he said something that he was running it, but then closed it when he had to move for his day job?

BeastMan
06-20-2016, 01:48 PM

Well put. I like Jake. Good dude. I'm talking real life.

BeastMan
06-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Didn't he run Bulldawg Junction for a while? I think he said something that he was running it, but then closed it when he had to move for his day job?

Wimberly never ran BDJ. That was Michael Wardlaw

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 01:56 PM
My bad, I thought I was reading your post in #5 of this thread but it was maroon mania. Congrats on getting your name mentioned 40 minutes into a podcast apparently everyone hates for starting this thread. Well deserved honor.

Not a bad accomplishment for a guy that lives in his mom's basement. At any rate, he's your friend, and he's probably a great guy irl. But I do have the luxury of stating my opinion and asking for other MSU fan's opinions as well.

CadaverDawg
06-20-2016, 02:17 PM
I don't have a problem with Jake as a person (I don't know him)....I just don't like his show. It's not personal. What did he say on his show? Something about this thread? I'd go listen myself....but I don't like the show.

maroonmania
06-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Like I said, my issue is simply the excessive amount of time he spends critiquing and railing on the MSU fanbase. It just comes across very condescending. When he actually analyzes our sports teams he does a pretty decent job.

JDog13
06-20-2016, 04:20 PM

He doesn't come here. I sent him the link and laughed with him.

Pollodawg
06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't have a problem with Jake as a person (I don't know him)....I just don't like his show. It's not personal. What did he say on his show? Something about this thread? I'd go listen myself....but I don't like the show.

This.

ZedFedder
06-21-2016, 12:38 AM
The B&B show is fantastic. I know a lot of people don't like Hadad here for obvious reasons but he is great at what he does, and Bob is good as well.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-21-2016, 08:19 AM
His info is great...he just needs to back off the mic 6 inches...and slow down. He sounds like he is gasping for air between breathes...