PDA

View Full Version : Henderson to Starkville....

JETDAWG
06-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Is this true, have we picked up Gary Henderson as our new Pitching Coach? If so I think he will develop our guys, and create a pipeline to the big's... I hope. We have some great arms now, and some good one's coming in. Future looks bright in Starkville.

MSUDawg99
06-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Yeah he's the new guy. Will Coggin promoted to take Mingione's place also.

JETDAWG
06-17-2016, 10:45 AM
What are your thoughts on Coggin? I am always nervous when we stay in house, there were some great candidates out there, we need a top flight recruiter.

MSUDawg99
06-17-2016, 11:02 AM
As a female, I don't know the game near as much as you guys do. So I probably wouldn't be the one to ask. There have been other threads that would weigh in on this better than I would, to be honest. I understand that there are a lot that are pleased with the promotion. For one, it helps with some consistency in the program by keeping at least one guy around that the players are familiar with vs. starting over with a whole new staff. He did well this season. Someone also posted his resume on another thread the other day. Being a former MSU player & former coach at a JUCO (Nate Lowe's former school) he did well, it appears. I wasn't sure about it at first either cause of the recruiting aspect but that was before I read his resume & such. I'm fine with it. Pitching coach was more of my concern than this one though. I trust Cohen to do what's best. He's recruited well. And Coggin knows what Cohen's looking for I would think. We'll see how it plays out.