PDA

View Full Version : Elijah MacNamee- new baseball commit

Todd4State
06-15-2016, 09:08 PM
From Blinn JC in Texas. Unsure if he is a late addition to this class or if he is a 2017 because he was a freshman this year. Has three years of eligibility left.

http://www.buccaneersports.com/sports/bsb/2015-16/bios/macnamee_elijah_6ayf

Commercecomet24
06-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Looks like he could be a good pickup. Speed and some pop. Nice.

ScoobaDawg
06-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Looks like it's a get for this year from what he is responding to people on twitter.
right handed outfielder.

confucius say
06-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Prob had a spot open up due to draft

Leroy Jenkins
06-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Welcome aboard.

Todd4State
06-15-2016, 09:37 PM
I don't think we lost anyone unexpected thus far. We always have a few spots for guys that emerge late like Jarrod Parks, Pollorena, and Hunter Renfroe are examples of guys that we took after the season ended.

It's more competition for the outfield- which is good because it means we aren't putting all of our eggs in one basket. Interesting that all three JUCO OF prospects came from the Texas JUCO leagues.

Commercecomet24
06-15-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't think we lost anyone unexpected thus far. We always have a few spots for guys that emerge late like Jarrod Parks, Pollorena, and Hunter Renfroe are examples of guys that we took after the season ended.

It's more competition for the outfield- which is good because it means we aren't putting all of our eggs in one basket. Interesting that all three JUCO OF prospects came from the Texas JUCO leagues.

Good baseball played there. Shouldn't be as big of an adjustment for the kids coming from Texas jucos. I like it.

maroonmania
06-15-2016, 10:42 PM
So is this the second Texas JUCO outfielder we have added late? Believe the other one's last name started with a V or something like that?

rolodawg
06-15-2016, 10:57 PM
I hope we get similar production out of this years Juco signees. Did anyone on here honestly expect to get the production we got from Rigby, Smith, Lowe, and Kruger this year?

Todd4State
06-15-2016, 11:10 PM
So is this the second Texas JUCO outfielder we have added late? Believe the other one's last name started with a V or something like that?

You're thinking about Hunter Vansau. He started out at Dallas Baptist. We also have Chase Goldwater who played at a Texas JUCO. Goldwater can play first base also- he's listed in the program at 6'4". Vansau and MacNamee are more corner OF types.

Todd4State
06-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Good baseball played there. Shouldn't be as big of an adjustment for the kids coming from Texas jucos. I like it.

I agree. It's a really good baseball league. We have gotten some good players from there such as Jaron Shepherd, Pollorena, and Brett Pirtle.

I criticized our class last year for the lack of power hitters after we lost Riley and Pickett to the draft. It appears as though our recruiting strategy with the new baseball is to load up on elite pitching, find really good athletes up the middle and then go to the JUCO's or find developmental guys like Rooker and Cole Gordon to supply the power positions. So, Cohen has addressed that concern of mine or at least has a plan.

Todd4State
06-15-2016, 11:18 PM
I hope we get similar production out of this years Juco signees. Did anyone on here honestly expect to get the production we got from Rigby, Smith, Lowe, and Kruger this year?

Rigby emerged because he changed his arm slot. I thought he would do well.

Smith I did not see.

Lowe and Kruger are non-traditional JUCO's who started out at other four year schools first. Meaning that they were D-I talents who transferred and had D-I baseball experience. That helps with the adjustment period. Vanasau falls into that category and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a job because his experience should give him an advantage over Goldwater and MacNamee who do not have any D-I experience.

Commercecomet24
06-15-2016, 11:23 PM
I agree. It's a really good baseball league. We have gotten some good players from there such as Jaron Shepherd, Pollorena, and Brett Pirtle.

I criticized our class last year for the lack of power hitters after we lost Riley and Pickett to the draft. It appears as though our recruiting strategy with the new baseball is to load up on elite pitching, find really good athletes up the middle and then go to the JUCO's or find developmental guys like Rooker and Cole Gordon to supply the power positions. So, Cohen has addressed that concern of mine or at least has a plan.

Yeah I like the way he's building the roster. Bigger more athletic positional players and elite pitchers. It sure looks like we are gaining steam and we could be looking at a long run of success.

Todd you ever broken rookers swing down? I've got some software I use to study my hitters swings and I loaded rookers and his swing is a thing of beauty. It's so compact and flat and stays in the zone so long. Just awesome to watch!

state66
06-15-2016, 11:29 PM
We know where this Juco kid is playing summer ball?

maroonmania
06-16-2016, 08:38 AM
You're thinking about Hunter Vansau.

Yep, that's the guy. Is he coming from a JUCO or straight from DBU? What kind of stats did he have?

Ifyouonlyknew
06-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Yep, that's the guy. Is he coming from a JUCO or straight from DBU? What kind of stats did he have?

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2015-16/div1/players/huntervansau4pia

Taog Redloh
06-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Rigby emerged because he changed his arm slot. I thought he would do well.
LOL.

What are you going to say when he gets drafted next year? That you saw that coming too? lulz

Homedawg
06-16-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah I like the way he's building the roster. Bigger more athletic positional players and elite pitchers. It sure looks like we are gaining steam and we could be looking at a long run of success.

Todd you ever broken rookers swing down? I've got some software I use to study my hitters swings and I loaded rookers and his swing is a thing of beauty. It's so compact and flat and stays in the zone so long. Just awesome to watch!

You run that by rouge yet?

msstate7
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2015-16/div1/players/huntervansau4pia

In 201 PAs, he struck out 41 times (20.4%).

In 148 PAs, Goldwater struck out 37 times (25%).

That's pretty high

maroonmania
06-16-2016, 10:51 AM
In 201 PAs, he struck out 41 times (20.4%).

In 148 PAs, Goldwater struck out 37 times (25%).

That's pretty high

And MacNamee is 215 PAs with 36 Ks (16.7%).

For avg. and SLG you have

Vansau - AVG .378, OBP .488, SLG .573
Goldwater - AVG .355, OBP .392, SLG .710
MacNamee - AVG .403, OBP .470, SLG .618

So, assuming they were all hitting against relatively equal competition it looks like MacNamee is the hitter with the best combination of contact, average and power.

Commercecomet24
06-16-2016, 10:53 AM
You run that by rouge yet?

Dang, now that's funny!!! I forgot to look at the wrists and elbows!

Todd4State
06-16-2016, 10:55 AM
LOL.

What are you going to say when he gets drafted next year? That you saw that coming too? lulz

I've been saying that do awhile. I believe you said he would be a top five round draft pick or something like that which is where the disagreement occurred. And I still don't think he will be drafted in the top five rounds.

But yes just like I saw Luke Reynolds not being our third baseman I will be correct again.

Taog Redloh
06-16-2016, 11:23 AM
But yes just like I saw Luke Reynolds not being our third baseman I will be correct again.

Right, it was Barfield.

Todd4State
06-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Right, it was Barfield.

That's fair. But know that my opinion was based on the fact that Collins was promised that he would catch last season. Which was something that I disagreed with and said that Collins should be at third.

Also note that I pretty much got all of the other positions correct, so I'm fine with 8/9 correct.