PDA

View Full Version : RV/Camper Parking Football Season

afranzo
06-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Seeing if anyone knew anyone with an RV/Camper pass on campus that they were not going to use it this year that I could buy it from them, or even a spot at that Starkville Station place near Corkies... or if you knew anyone who could maybe help. We have been on the waitlist for about the last 8 years with little to no movement (not surprising)...

We have also done the KOA/Horsepark thing off campus... but would love to get closer.

Thanks in advance for any help!
- Drew

Snowman79
06-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Tell me about the horseback camping situation. Interested in that.

Dawgbite
06-15-2016, 07:59 PM
I park in the Rec Plex behind the Wise Center. There are less Motorhomes and campers every year. That lot is only about 1/3 full on a good weekend. Nobody has parked in the two spots behind me in 5 years. They say that it's full but I don't believe it. We have tried to get a list of the lot owners/ renters but the BDC won't give us the info due to privacy. I know a guy that might sublet his spot, I'll contact him and ask since he has recently bought a house in Starkville he just drives his truck and golf cart and parks there. It's just a matter of talking to the right person, I don't know who that person is, but there have been new people over the years moved in. Tell them you are willing to park on the grass, you won't have to, just ask what lots are always open when you arrive. Most of us don't park in our assigned spots anyway. It's lot 31 by the way and it's dry camping, no water and you will have to run a generator but it's on campus. $225 per season I think. There is a Facebook group of the lot, I'll post on there and see if anybody can help. If you know somebody with a lot of BDC points , have them call and inquire. It will get you a spot, just not adding to you point total.

afranzo
06-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Thank you very much for the info on the Rec Plex.... Very interested if that were to work out. Please to do reach out and let me know if you hear anything... We r ranked like 4K out of 10k in BDC points, but doesn't seem to be good enough for the past many years. Thank you again!

@Snowman - horse park is not a bad option... Pebble lot, $125 for the weekend and includes shuttles both ways to/from game.... Also the Starkville Wet and Wild KOA is not a bad option either... About 50 a night... Much quieter and normal campground feel with full hookups...

Thanks !!