PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Coach

Steakonastick
06-15-2016, 08:36 AM
Gary Henderson come on down.

msstate7
06-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Hearing name on replacement for other spot?

I like Henderson BTW

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 08:53 AM
I would like to think this could happen but I'm not sure I see a former head coach willingly taking a demotion. A lot of ego involved.

smootness
06-15-2016, 09:15 AM
Henderson would be a phenomenal hire. He's going to have to take a demotion one way or another, either as HC at a lower program or as an assistant. Coming to State and being PC and recruiting coordinator could get him back to being a HC at a top school faster.

Steakonastick
06-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Was told Johnson has told the pitchers he's headed to call the hogs.

sandjunky
06-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Deleted his @MSUCommandVelo Twitter account

lefty96
06-15-2016, 09:50 AM
Was told Johnson has told the pitchers he's headed to call the hogs.

Vaya con dios. . .

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 10:05 AM
Henderson would be a phenomenal hire. He's going to have to take a demotion one way or another, either as HC at a lower program or as an assistant. Coming to State and being PC and recruiting coordinator could get him back to being a HC at a top school faster.

I figure he'll take some time off.

ScottH
06-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Dave Lawn at Arizona.

maroonmania
06-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Guess Cohen is getting rather lonely around the baseball office today.

msstate7
06-15-2016, 10:34 AM
I understand why Johnson is leaving, but I think it's a pretty sizable career risk. Sec champs to bottom... If van horn has a bad year next season, see ya van horn and Wes

maroonmania
06-15-2016, 10:40 AM
I understand why Johnson is leaving, but I think it's a pretty sizable career risk. Sec champs to bottom... If van horn has a bad year next season, see ya van horn and Wes

He'll do fine, I mean Arkansas was just in the CWS last year so its not like he is going to a dumpster fire. I just really hate that he was not willing to commit to us for more than one year to make a lateral move for the same job, not a HC job. Apparently he really wants to get back to Arkansas though where his family is.

ZedFedder
06-15-2016, 10:50 AM
This isn't a lateral move, though. It is a demotion. It is a risk, though. With the talent we have now and coming in, plus Cohen's stability, it is a career risk. Van Horn gets the boot in a year or two and he has to practically start all over. Go get Henderson!

lefty96
06-15-2016, 10:54 AM
He'll do fine, I mean Arkansas was just in the CWS last year so its not like he is going to a dumpster fire. I just really hate that he was not willing to commit to us for more than one year to make a lateral move for the same job, not a HC job. Apparently he really wants to get back to Arkansas though where his family is.

You have to figure it is the get back home stuff. Arkansas is a good program, but their pitching cupboard is bare. He has a project on his hands.
For his career, the best decision was to stay put, but he didn't so he wanted back home. I've been living in Arkansas since the day I graduated State(20 years ago) and the razorbacks up here are damn near a religion so I can see that plus family meaning a bit more.

Steakonastick
06-15-2016, 11:03 AM
They got in a pretty heated argument Monday. I'm guessing Cohen told him his thoughts on this move. Ha

Political Hack
06-15-2016, 11:09 AM
They got in a pretty heated argument Monday. I'm guessing Cohen told him his thoughts on this move. Ha

I like that Mullen and Cohen consider lateral moves to be stupid. They are. We're a better program than Arky right now. I woukdnt be sharing my Imp's Delight wine with him either (GoT reference? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?).

Irondawg
06-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Probably a bit of being pissed and understanding the family thing at the same time. Who knows what kind of conversations they had when he took the job though.

I just know that generally anytime someone doesn't move the family it's a dicey situation

Homedawg
06-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Probably a bit of being pissed and understanding the family thing at the same time. Who knows what kind of conversations they had when he took the job though.

I just know that generally anytime someone doesn't move the family it's a dicey situation

Yea but he didn't move his family in a November move. Most people aren't going to change schools for their kids mid year. Whether than play to move them later or not

Political Hack
06-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Yea but he didn't move his family in a November move. Most people aren't going to change schools for their kids mid year. Whether than play to move them later or not

I didn't think about that, but that's a very good point. He could've easily committed to being here for more than 6 months.

Does anyone know him well? I'd like to see if I could have all his MSU baseball clothing. My 3-year old would love it. (J/k... I'm upset he's leaving but glad he came at the same time. He did well with our guys and they had a great year..)

CadaverDawg
06-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know him well? I'd like to see if I could have all his MSU baseball clothing. My 3-year old would love it.

Hilarious. Hahaha

Irondawg
06-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Agree they aren't going to move mid year after school starts unless they are young but I thought I read they never moved to Dallas either. Was that right?

bulldogcountry1
06-15-2016, 11:37 AM
I just hope this doesn't turn into a Mullen/DC type of situation with a new PC every couple years. Henderson seems like a short-term guy who will get a HC chance somewhere in a year or two.

CadaverDawg
06-15-2016, 11:41 AM
Anybody know of any other good up and comers like Wes was? I'd rather have a young up and comer with something to prove, than an old ex-head coach that may not have a ton of drive left. Not sure if that describes Henderson, but it's hard to imagine an older guy like him would be ready to recruit & work his ass off after being fired and taking a demotion. Am I wrong?

msstate7
06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Assuming it's Henderson... Is recruiting done at this point? Could he potentially bring recruits with him?

Jacksondevildog
06-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Wes Johnson has been living out of a hotel room the whole time he's been here. His family never moved down here with him.

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Anybody know of any other good up and comers like Wes was? I'd rather have a young up and comer with something to prove, than an old ex-head coach that may not have a ton of drive left. Not sure if that describes Henderson, but it's hard to imagine an older guy like him would be ready to recruit & work his ass off after being fired and taking a demotion. Am I wrong?

Not to me, then is also my concern.

I honestly doubt we hire Henderson or Gaspard. We'll go younger.

maroonmania
06-15-2016, 12:47 PM

Someone on here stated the other day that his family was not in Dallas either. That they had remained in Arkansas the whole time. Don't know if that was true but interesting none the less. How long was he the pitching coach at DBU?

RAYn_Man
06-15-2016, 12:52 PM
It's Henderson.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-15-2016, 01:31 PM
What about Daniel Latham at Southeastern Louisiana? http://www.lionsports.net/coaches.aspx?rc=521&path=baseball

#8 in Team ERA this season

On the way to an historic 2014 season that ended with the Lions returning to NCAA Regional play for the first time in 20 years, Southeastern compiled a 2.92 ERA (third best in the Southland and 27th nationally). The staff also led the conference with a 2.51 strikeout-to-walk ratio (27th nationally), was second with six shutouts (40th nationally) and third (55th nationally) with a WHIP of 1.28.

In 2013 he helped produce a pair of Freshman All-Americans, marking the second-consecutive season a Lion has been so honored, as Louisville Slugger tabbed pitcher Mason Klotz and catcher/first baseman Jameson Fisher was named to the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association squad.

A closer while a four-year member of the Green Wave baseball squad, Latham recorded 13 career wins and racked up a school-record 43 saves (sixth-most in NCAA history) during his time in the Crescent City. His 122 career appearance, 121 in relief, ranks second all-time for Tulane and sixth in Conference USA history. Latham’s 121 career relief appearances are the 15th-highest total in NCAA history.

Pretty damn impressive resume.

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 01:31 PM
It's Henderson.

This^^

Maroonthirteen
06-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Hilarious. Hahaha

Funny part is......I had the same thought yesterday. Except I would like it for my 43 year old...me!

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Don't be suprised if Tim Jamieson's name starts coming up a lot.

Homedawg
06-15-2016, 02:09 PM
This^^

So you go from saying Wes is staying. To its Henderson. Sooner or later something will stick on the wall and you will be right. With your track record- just stay away from predictions.

Five-tool Poster
06-15-2016, 02:41 PM

I would be.

Big4Dawg
06-15-2016, 02:44 PM

Hope not

Bass Chaser
06-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Someone on here stated the other day that his family was not in Dallas either. That they had remained in Arkansas the whole time. Don't know if that was true but interesting none the less. How long was he the pitching coach at DBU?

I think I saw about 3 years.

MSUDawg99
06-15-2016, 03:26 PM
So you go from saying Wes is staying. To its Henderson. Sooner or later something will stick on the wall and you will be right. With your track record- just stay away from predictions.

Did you miss his next post? Or any of his predictions last year?

Homedawg
06-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Did you miss his next post? Or any of his predictions last year?

I've never seen him right about inside info. Thus,the reason I said it would be best if he stayed away from predictions about coaches.

MSUDawg99
06-15-2016, 03:49 PM
I've never seen him right about inside info. Thus,the reason I said it would be best if he stayed away from predictions about coaches.

Ha. Yes. True & agreed.

Coach34
06-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I was told Johnson had agreed to take the UPig job last week. All I could do was laugh when I saw Preacher's prediction

msstate7
06-15-2016, 03:54 PM
I was told Johnson had agreed to take the UPig job last week. All I could do was laugh when I saw Preacher's prediction

We gave permission to Arkansas to talk to Wes during the season?

smootness
06-15-2016, 03:57 PM

I don't know that you're wrong, but I don't know that you're right, either. He could be more motivated now to get back to being a HC at the highest level and want to shove it back in Kentucky's face. And a young guy who is too ambitious could cut corners that shouldn't be cut just to get ahead for a brief period to get a better job.

You just hire the best guy for the job. I think that's probably Henderson.

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 04:01 PM

Of course not.

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 04:04 PM

Hey Idiot, did you see me say anything about Inside Info? All I said was I expected him to stay nc it would be dumb for him to leave... It was an opinion. And it was a dumb decision on his part.

maroonmania
06-15-2016, 04:06 PM

Might explain why Cohen and Johnson got into a heated discussion on Monday.

ScoobaDawg
06-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Hey Idiot, did you see me say anything about Inside Info? All I said was I expected him to stay nc it would be dumb for him to leave... It was an opinion. And it was a dumb decision on his part.

Really you wan't to call someone an idiot after you try to ALWAYS act like you are in the know??

Homedawg
06-15-2016, 04:28 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad dumb ass. I'm not the one that said the following, "it's ogeron, johnson's staying, or this^" to its Henderson. I can't help it you continue to make yourself look like a complete utter moron, but carry on if you wish. You're comic relief for the board. Everybody needs a fool to make fun of, you just happen to be one of them, not the only one, if that makes you feel better!
Eta, stop posting like you know something- state, this is an opinion. Because it's clear you have no inside.

Coach34
06-15-2016, 04:38 PM

nope

Coach34
06-15-2016, 04:42 PM

you did see that I posted UPig was coming after Johnson right after the last out was made Saturday night didnt you?

HancockCountyDog
06-15-2016, 04:43 PM

I still blame him for us not closing with Knott, Lashley, AJ and Cushenberry.

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Don't get your panties in a wad dumb ass. I'm not the one that said the following, "it's ogeron, johnson's staying, or this^" to its Henderson. I can't help it you continue to make yourself look like a complete utter moron, but carry on if you wish. You're comic relief for the board. Everybody needs a fool to make fun of, you just happen to be one of them, not the only one, if that makes you feel better!
Eta, stop posting like you know something- state, this is an opinion. Because it's clear you have no inside.

1) Orgeron was contacted about the job and you know it. My mistake was saying he would be the next coach. I should have said "if he wants too"
2) Johnson leaving was an opinion and I still say him leaving is dumb on his part.
3) what will you say when it is Henderson? And no it's not "inside" info... It just makes sense.

As for inside info, I don't have any. I have said that on more than one occasion. Only connections I have in the entire MSU family is 1) one peon worker in mullen's office 2) a couple of alumni who are higher up the ladder than me but nowhere near what some of you have connections with
3) my only real "inside source" as you call it would be that I'm very close to some of the players on the FB team, several on the baseball team, and 1 on the WBB team. Know a few softball girls but that's about the extent of my "inside" info. 99 percent of what I say is an opinion!! I thought that's what Message boards were for.

preachermatt83
06-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Really you wan't to call someone an idiot after you try to ALWAYS act like you are in the know??

Didn't act like I was in the know scoobaturd. Go roll around in your VCash and enjoy your day being the big shot behind a keyboard.

msstate7
06-15-2016, 04:59 PM
you did see that I posted UPig was coming after Johnson right after the last out was made Saturday night didnt you?

Yeah, I read the thread

ScoobaDawg
06-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Didn't act like I was in the know scoobaturd. Go roll around in your VCash and enjoy your day being the big shot behind a keyboard.

Awww someone is offended and throwing nicknames like a kindergartener..How cute.