PDA

View Full Version : How many upsets will we have this year?

Coach007
06-14-2016, 08:39 PM
DAKless is all I'm hearing. You would think that we have never recruited before! How many "upsets" will we have this year? What would you consider a let down loss?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-14-2016, 08:48 PM
I honestly don't think we will upset anybody. Our best chance is probably OM but only because of rivalry and we tend to play better as underdog in that game.

Houston Nutt
06-14-2016, 08:58 PM
I imagine they roll into Lexington as an underdog. That is most certainly a game they can win.

THE Bruce Dickinson
06-14-2016, 09:02 PM
I think we will be dogs in possibly 5 games. LSU, Bama, OM, A&M, possibly AU? I honestly think we win one or both of the Auburn and A&M games.

Gus is fizzling out, and I expect this to be his last year on the plains.

Sumlin is at best a mediocre coach who was lucky enough to have JFF his first two years that made him look like a genius.

I honestly think the only 2 un-winnable games on our schedule are at Bama, and at LSU. OM would be a pretty big upset, but outside pressure like an NCAA investigation can destroy a team's season.

8-4 with 2 "upsets"

Taog Redloh
06-14-2016, 09:19 PM
I still say Dak was above average, but not great. He was not our whole team. I'm going to laugh my ass off when, hey, we AREN'T terrible after all!!!!1111. Lulzz

You mean lil ole miss state collejjj can play ball without DAX attackssss????

Pollodawg
06-14-2016, 09:32 PM
I still say Dak was above average, but not great. He was not our whole team. I'm going to laugh my ass off when, hey, we AREN'T terrible after all!!!!1111. Lulzz

Spooky that I agree with this. lol People will be shocked at how bad we aren't this season.

Houston Nutt
06-14-2016, 09:33 PM

Pollodawg
06-14-2016, 09:41 PM
The reason I worry less about QB than Oline and RB is because Dan did indeed win 9 in 2010 with Chris Freaking Relf as our signal caller. He has at least three options on the team right now that are every bit as good this moment as Chris was at his very best as a Bulldog. If we tank, it won't be because of QB struggles.

SaintDawg
06-14-2016, 09:55 PM
9-3. Nicky Fitz gets the job and we have another marquee QB out of nowhere. Just like Dak. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Political Hack
06-14-2016, 10:00 PM
9-3. Nicky Fitz gets the job and we have another marquee QB out of nowhere. Just like Dak. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

That could very easily happen if the OL can develop a pulse.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2016, 11:12 PM

Yeah people tend to forget Dan won 9 games with Relf and was a couple bad calls against Houston and a pitch to Boobie against lsu from having a 7 win season with Tyson Lee. Also 8 wins with Russell. I think we will be ok.

P.S. I think Dak was great!

Todd4State
06-14-2016, 11:20 PM
That could very easily happen if the OL can develop a pulse.

So 6-6 because our big boosters don't have the balls to do anything about Hevesey? Because Dan might leave for Maryland if we force out his country club?

TUSK
06-14-2016, 11:46 PM

there's a lot of correct in this post....

Johnson85
06-15-2016, 08:03 AM
Yeah people tend to forget Dan won 9 games with Relf and was a couple bad calls against Houston and a pitch to Boobie against lsu from having a 7 win season with Tyson Lee. Also 8 wins with Russell. I think we will be ok.

P.S. I think Dak was great!

If we had the line that helped Relf get to 9 wins, I would probably project us winning 10 games this year. With this year's O-line...

Johnson85
06-15-2016, 08:19 AM
We'll be dogs against LSU and Bama and will lose both.

A&M should be around 5-3 when we play them, so we'll be a dog there and that should be a winnable game, but the way we've underperformed against SUmlin's teams, I just don't see it happening.

We'll be a dog to UM at Oxford if UM doesn't implode. I'd put that one at fairly low odds, even though it's the egg bowl, just because Womack seems to have Mullen figured out.

We should be a dog to Arkansas and I think at home, we have a chance of winning that one.

We probably will be slight dogs to Auburn. But they have a tough schedule and could be 2-3 at that point with us being 3-1, so we might end up a slight favor. I'd put that as roughly a toss-up unless Gus's team continues to backslide.

At UK we could easily be a slight dog. They could be 4-2 at that point. I'd put that as roughly a toss-up.

I don't think we'll be dogs to BYU, although they'll play Arizona, Utah, UCLA, and West Va before us, so if they do well, they will have some big enough wins that they could be favored at home.

I think ultimately we'll get two "upset" wins where we will be slight dogs. Hopefully we can grab one true upset, because I think we're going to need it.

BrunswickDawg
06-15-2016, 08:23 AM
"I've watched a lot of GA HS football, and I think both these guys have the goods. They are raw, and unseasoned but are both tremendous ATHLETES - something we always seem a little short on. Having seen Nick play, and from everyone I have talked to in coastal GA, they all say the same thing - Nick has "IT" and is the type kid that wants to lead and the team just gravitates to him. Everyone also says we are getting a big steal. No one at all is worried about his arm, or reads, or lack of passing stats. The words "perfect fit for Dan Mullen's system" come up in every conversation." - BrunswickDawg 11.15.13 http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?8744-This-Week-in-GA-QB-Commits-***Playoff-Edition***&highlight=Week+Commits

TrapGame
06-15-2016, 08:30 AM
The only sure losses are LSU and Bama. And since the defense really sucked against om the last two EBs I'm sure Sirmon will be coaching his ass off in that one.

Coach007
06-15-2016, 08:38 AM
I think 9-3 is about right too. As to being the under dogs... Don't forget we will be underdogs to Arkansas too.

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Prescott was great, champ. With that said, I expect Fitzgerald/Staley or whoever you trot out there to not miss a beat. Dan Mullen is arguably the best quarterback developer in America

We know, we know....we know the party line from the rest of the country.....Miss Stake sucks and only is winning because of Dax and Mullins and will leave at the first sign of trouble, rabble rabble

Meanwhile we continue to kick dat pig ass....

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 08:39 AM
The reason I worry less about QB than Oline and RB is because Dan did indeed win 9 in 2010 with Chris Freaking Relf as our signal caller. He has at least three options on the team right now that are every bit as good this moment as Chris was at his very best as a Bulldog. If we tank, it won't be because of QB struggles.

Boom

oildawg
06-15-2016, 08:43 AM
We beat South Alabama, South Carolina, UMass, Auburn, BYU, Samford, Texas A&M and Arkansas. We finish 8-4 (4-4 in the SEC). And, in my book, coming after the year that we lose Dak - I will take it.

Jack Lambert
06-15-2016, 08:47 AM

Personally I think our offense will be better. We will get back to the read option with several good running type QB, running back and slot receivers.

Taog Redloh
06-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Personally I think our offense will be better. We will get back to the read option with several good running type QB, running back and slot receivers.

A former player I know, who has seen a lot of their practices, says the same thing.

Boodawg
06-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Every decent season we've had is because everyone that we beat were down at the time. ****

TrapGame
06-15-2016, 09:38 AM
A former player I know, who has seen a lot of their practices, says the same thing.

Dan always tailors the play book to the QB. We will be back to a pure read option offense this season.

DownwardDawg
06-15-2016, 09:43 AM
there's a lot of correct in this post....

I agree

Johnson85
06-15-2016, 09:46 AM
We beat South Alabama, South Carolina, UMass, Auburn, BYU, Samford, Texas A&M and Arkansas. We finish 8-4 (4-4 in the SEC). And, in my book, coming after the year that we lose Dak - I will take it.

That would be a huge step forward if Dan were able to go 8-4 in a "down" year.

FISHDAWG
06-15-2016, 12:51 PM

Ralph also had some NFL linemen and an NFL running back ... we will digress this year. I also have major concern with Auburn at home this year as well

Coach34
06-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Our starting group of WR's will be good but has very little depth. Injuries to an outside WR will hurt a lot
We have a lot to prove at RB
Our OL will be average at best. I'm hoping for average
Fitz threw 2 picks in the damn Spring Game- you can bet he is good for a dozen this Fall at a minimum.

Defensively- we are not very good at CB and lack depth at DE. We will be good at LB as well as the starting DL

Auburn will be very good on the OL and DL- makes them a tough out
Same with UPig- and the last 2 games have gone down to the final play
A&M is better than us
BYU on the road will be a tough game

Those 4 determine our season. 3 of them at home are huge for us

Pollodawg
06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Ralph also had some NFL linemen and an NFL running back ... we will digress this year. I also have major concern with Auburn at home this year as well

Whatever we do this season, I promise you beyond doubt we won't digress.

Pollodawg
06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm actually excited about us going back to a more zone read based offense. It's who we are. We'll never be successful trying to throw the ball forty times a game. It's not who we are. It's not who Dan is.

Johnson85
06-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Whatever we do this season, I promise you beyond doubt we won't digress.

I disagree. I expect this board will digress early this season depending on how it goes.

Pollodawg
06-15-2016, 02:25 PM
I disagree. I expect this board will digress early this season depending on how it goes.

Too Shay. Lol