PDA

View Full Version : Would we still be playing

Percho
06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
If we had not hosted? To much pressure, in the Dude?

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Would likely still be playing if we had brought in Blake Smith to pitch when we brought in Humphreys. But whatever, its all done now.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 04:13 PM
Or played Mangum in left and dhed 12. Or brought Brown to face leftys instead of leaving Rigby. Or 10 other things.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 04:13 PM
And we still may be in the same boat we are right now.

SaintDawg
06-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Would likely still be playing if we had brought in Blake Smith to pitch when we brought in Humphreys. But whatever, its all done now.
This. My opinion... The other teams that were playing SEC teams adjusted, improvised, and adapted to how we all played. The SEC team stayed with what worked during the regular season and regionals and it bit us all in the ass.

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 07:14 PM
This. My opinion... The other teams that were playing SEC teams adjusted, improvised, and adapted to how we all played. The SEC team stayed with what worked during the regular season and regionals and it bit us all in the ass.

Well my issue is that Humphreys had not pitched since May 20th plus he got hit in the pitching hand the week before while Blake Smith has been pitching and for the most part has been rock solid. If Humphreys was going to be our go to option in a game like that he should have been getting some work. Surprised he did as well as he did getting us out of the 8th.

msbulldog
06-13-2016, 07:29 PM

Correct, that is called out-coached!

sleepy dawg
06-13-2016, 09:01 PM
If we had not hosted? To much pressure, in the Dude?

No matter how much pressure it is, there's no way it isn't worse for the visiting team. If it is, you are much weaker mentally, and it would've been too much pressure anywhere.

Todd4State
06-13-2016, 11:24 PM
We have to stay with our line drive hitting approach and not try to do too much. Do that in game one and I think we win the SR. That would have made us looser for game two.

And to be fair to the coaches- we never did really have a true established closer and the bullpen roles never were really defined and that makes it a lot more difficult to manage and I think it makes you more susceptible to things going bad- like it did in the last game. We had been pressing the right buttons for the most part until the SR and then it finally just didn't happen.

I hate losing. But to me this was a learning experience for our younger guys and I hope and think it will pay off for us going down the road.