ZedFedder
06-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Wow. Surprised by this.

msstate7
06-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Congrats to him. Hope we get a top notch hitting coach to replace him

Westdawg
06-13-2016, 01:26 PM
sounds to me as if ole Cohen is about to get serious with the rest of his staff. This could turn out to be a great thing for the team

Leroy Jenkins
06-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Addition by subtraction?

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Good for him. It really reflects well on Cohen that he has had two assistants take HC jobs in the SEC. I am sure he will hire a great replacement.

Harrydawg
06-13-2016, 01:32 PM
No doubt! Everybody wins in this deal. Very happy for NM

ZedFedder
06-13-2016, 01:33 PM
What about recruiting? Will it affect any people we are recruiting or recruits we have committed?

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 01:34 PM
All the best to him. I really question though if he will be a good HC, time will tell. We will certainly miss him on the recruiting trail though.

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Will we get a new coach that teaches keeping wrists pinched?

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Need Rogue to submit his resume ASAP.

Taog Redloh
06-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Just like Butch, he deserves a shot I guess.

Could we hire Raffo as hitting coach?

/ducks

Homedawg
06-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Need Rogue to submit his resume ASAP.
Why would a well known hitting instructor need to apply or submit a resume?**************

jumbo
06-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Good for him. I have faith in Cohen to hire someone just as good or better.

mic
06-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Reach out to Gaspard ASAP

Taog Redloh
06-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Reach out to Gaspard ASAP

Or Henderson for that matter. But yeah maybe Gaspard can help us get in on those Vestavia Hills kids. Henderson may help get some more California kids, I believe he's from out there.

LibraryDawg
06-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Kendall Rodgers tweeted also that he's hearing that Wes Johnson is a serious candidate for the Arky PC job.

Taog Redloh
06-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Kendall Rodgers tweeted also that he's hearing that Wes Johnson is a serious candidate for the Arky PC job.

That's good because he hasn't been right about much of anything. He's just trying to get hits.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 02:04 PM

That was broken here this weekend. Thanks for reading Kendall. Click an ad.

Big4Dawg
06-13-2016, 02:04 PM
Or Henderson for that matter. But yeah maybe Gaspard can help us get in on those Vestavia Hills kids. Henderson may help get some more California kids, I believe he's from out there.

Henderson is a pitching coach I believe.

mic
06-13-2016, 02:07 PM

Your wrong.. ED never has good Intel...
Won't be long until "journalist" will be using and referencing Elite Dawgs as their sources...

Coach34
06-13-2016, 02:15 PM

he must have read Elitedawgs- I posted that after the game Saturday night:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?44966-I-ll-go-ahead-and-add-this-to-our-woes-tonight-on-Mini-Me

Coach34
06-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Henderson is a pitching coach I believe.

yes- Henderson's strength is pitching. If we lose Mini-me, I'd bet he gets a phone call

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Congrats to him. Hope we get a top notch hitting coach to replace him

Was he the hitting coach?

SDDawg
06-13-2016, 02:26 PM
Nm

Congrats to him! To borrow from BeastMan, that coaching tree is looking impressive for Cohen. Let's hire a great replacement!

Dawg61
06-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Check the tires on the Coastal Carolina guy. They led the country in HRs this year by a bunch.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Hate losing him, the recruits love him and the players love him, even if some of our fanbase doesn't lol. Already talked to one commits dad today and they're opening their recruitment back up.

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 02:49 PM
he must have read Elitedawgs- I posted that after the game Saturday night:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?44966-I-ll-go-ahead-and-add-this-to-our-woes-tonight-on-Mini-Me

Yea, would hate to see Johnson turn out to be another Manny Diaz. That being a one year assistant looking to move laterally.

Taog Redloh
06-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Hate losing him, the recruits love him and the players love him, even if some of our fanbase doesn't lol. Already talked to one commits dad today and they're opening their recruitment back up.

Which class? Hasn't the 2016 class already signed?

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Which class? Hasn't the 2016 class already signed?

Not the current class. Sorry didn't mean to push any panic button. Couple years down the road, but a really elite player.

LibraryDawg
06-13-2016, 02:58 PM

I apologize for having a schedule that doesn't lend itself to reading ED tirelessly. Just saw where he said it on Twitter earlier today and thought I'd relay it. I've been on ED for a while and I tell you the cannibalization of fellow dogs has become more and more prevalent. Relax, I know we just blew the best opportunity we may have ever had to win a national championship but you shouldn't take it out on a fellow bulldog fan and alum!

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm kind of surprised that KY, if they wanted to go after a Cohen protege, didn't try to grab Lane Burroughs from NW State. He already has HC experience now and was a heck of a coach for us.

MarketingBully
06-13-2016, 03:16 PM
So if Johnson leaves and we then have a staff of Gaspard and Henderson, we seriously upgraded. That would be an elite coaching staff that would really develop hitters/pitchers. Henderson was an excellent assistant at both Florida and UK. Gaspard was a great assistant under Jim Wells. If we trade Ming and Johnson for those two, I'd be super pumped.

AROB44
06-13-2016, 03:16 PM
There should be quite a few persons on ED that should submit resume's. This is ya'll's chance!!! Come on you experts.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 03:23 PM
There should be quite a few persons on ED that should submit resume's. This is ya'll's chance!!! Come on you experts.

It probably doesn't pay enough for most of the experts on here lol!

CadaverDawg
06-13-2016, 03:28 PM
Check the tires on the Coastal Carolina guy. They led the country in HRs this year by a bunch.

Yep, he's an elbow pincher. Teaches 5'8 guys to play wall ball.**

#SignEmUp

AROB44
06-13-2016, 03:29 PM

good come back !!

ScottH
06-13-2016, 03:38 PM
So if Johnson leaves and we then have a staff of Gaspard and Henderson, we seriously upgraded. That would be an elite coaching staff that would really develop hitters/pitchers. Henderson was an excellent assistant at both Florida and UK. Gaspard was a great assistant under Jim Wells. If we trade Ming and Johnson for those two, I'd be super pumped.

Is henderson an upgrade?

maroonmania
06-13-2016, 03:44 PM

Well we need someone on the staff that is an ace recruiter. That is the biggest asset we are losing with Mingione.

Coach34
06-13-2016, 03:58 PM

This is actually true for a couple of guys here that left coaching

Percho
06-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Will we get a new coach that teaches keeping wrists pinched?

Can we nominate, someone?

CadaverDawg
06-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Is henderson an upgrade?

Ours will say yes if it happens....but No, I don't believe so.

MarketingBully
06-13-2016, 04:25 PM

I would read his credentials before selling him short. Plus, Cohen trusts him wholeheartedly. In his tenure as HC at UK he had 68 MLB draft picks at UK and won coach of the year in 2012, was ranked #1 for some time in 2012 and recruited the pitcher and player of the year in AJ Reed. I think he would at least be a push with Johnson...

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 04:34 PM
This is actually true for a couple of guys here that left coaching

Yep have been there myself.

msstate7
06-13-2016, 05:01 PM

Maybe not, but Cohen and Henderson won the sec together before so they work well together

Todd4State
06-13-2016, 05:09 PM
I'm happy for Mingione. He is a Kentucky alum I believe.

We're going to miss his recruiting more than anything. Will Coggin did a great job with our hitters this year and I was really impressed with him. I would not be surprised at all if he is promoted. That said, Mitch Gaspard is a very obvious choice since he has a very close relationship with Cohen and IMO just based on an educated guess and no inside knowledge I highly suspect that is who we will hire. I definitely would take a look at Kevin Schnall at Coastal Carolina- and no not because he teaches guys to pinch their wrist, elbows, knees or toes. But about him- he is a Coastal Carolina alum and is the associate head coach which leads me to believe that he has been promised the head coaching job there. It's still worth looking into though because a SEC job would only advance his career and he certainly could go back as the head coach there when the time comes. He is also an excellent recruiter.

As far as Wes- let's see how that plays out because he isn't gone yet. It will be a fight but I think it just depends on whether he wants to go home now or does he want to play his cards and stay in a good situation at MSU and then maybe parlay that into the head coaching job at Arkansas because I don't know that Van Horn will be around for much longer. If he does leave, I have no doubt that we would get Gary Henderson. I can't say that he would be better than Wes, but he would be at least as good as Butch. Whoever we hire I hope has the same Brent Strom philosophy that Wes has or is willing to implement it. I might even kick the tires on Dietrich at Cal State Fullerton since he was able to experience our regional and he may have a different opinion about us now. Although I doubt it.

ETDawg
06-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Mingione went to Embry-Riddle

somebodyshotmypaw
06-13-2016, 05:47 PM
Word is that Mangione was forced out so that Cohen could hire Will James.

Mjoelner34
06-13-2016, 05:55 PM

Spectacular!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to somebodyshotmypaw again.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 05:57 PM

Awesome!!!

Todd4State
06-13-2016, 06:24 PM

We're going to be looking for the curve first and then adjust to the fastball from here on out.

Todd4State
06-13-2016, 06:26 PM
A couple of other names I think we might look at:

Brian Bohannon at Auburn- although I don't know how Cohen would feel about poaching Butch.

Christian Ostrander the pitching coach Louisiana Tech might get a look should Wes leave.

Commercecomet24
06-13-2016, 06:46 PM
We're going to be looking for the curve first and then adjust to the fastball from here on out.

Yes always much easier to adjust from offspeed to fastball*****

msbulldog
06-13-2016, 07:08 PM
I hope Cohen reads ED, all ya'll got good ideas.

preachermatt83
06-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Henderson will get the Job if Wes leaves and I'm perfectly fine with that. As for Gaspard replacing Mingione... Why other than being Cohens buddy? Not saying he won't get it but that would be as dumb as dumb could be. He's never done anything impressive as far as I can tell... Ever.

preachermatt83
06-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Go find someone who is known for getting guys to hit more EBH and HRs.

Homedawg
06-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Henderson will get the Job if Wes leaves and I'm perfectly fine with that. As for Gaspard replacing Mingione... Why other than being Cohens buddy? Not saying he won't get it but that would be as dumb as dumb could be. He's never done anything impressive as far as I can tell... Ever.

All I say about this is Eddie O.

mic
06-13-2016, 09:31 PM

3 regionals
1 super regional
And should have gotten a bid this year...

A head coach with success Is ALWAYS a good choice for an assistant coach if they will take the job..
Coach Cal dips into the fired or resigned head coaching pool every year.. And according to some on here the Only reason Texas am was successful is because of Stands...

Gaspard would be a VERY GOOD hire if he would take it..

Todd4State
06-13-2016, 11:14 PM

When he was an assistant there he was a really good recruiter and hitting coach. I think he had some top 10 recruiting classes and he also has some good ties to Louisiana and Texas. I wouldn't want him as our head coach probably but as an assistant coach he would be a home run. Plus it's easier to recruit for baseball at MSU than it is Alabama.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-13-2016, 11:54 PM
But yeah maybe Gaspard can help us get in on those Vestavia Hills kids.

It's good seeing Vestavia kids wearing Maroon. I like that Gaspard could help open up Louisiana and Texas too.