PDA

View Full Version : Should Rod Gibson be fired?

Jack Lambert
06-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I think so. The coaches are leaders and should set better examples.

corona con lima
06-13-2016, 08:59 AM
No.

Mjoelner34
06-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Yes.

Coach34
06-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Suspend him for the South Alabama game

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-13-2016, 09:40 AM
No

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Not for a first offense DUI. How many of you here think you should be fired if that were you? Not condoning his actions, but to me that does not rise to the level of losing your job.

mcain31
06-13-2016, 09:51 AM
No

coastratdog
06-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Fire the damn cop who pulled him over and arrested him. We need to be all in! Just kidding.

EAVdog
06-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Depends on the circumstances.

Did he have a glass of wine over the limit at dinner and blow over the legal limit? Which could happen to almost anyone given how low the thresholds are now.

or

Did he get popped with a blonde GA in the car and her panties in his lap, then try to get away with it be telling the cop who he was? (Anyone remember the old UGA AD, who was married not to a blonde by the way?)

Circumstances should determine the punishment.

notsofarawaydawg
06-13-2016, 10:10 AM
No

maroonmania
Well, at this point, I would put a lot more stock in a DUI if it came from a police officer outside of the Starkville PD. I just don't trust how they operate based on how they were when I was there plus things that come out with them that don't make a lot of sense. Who gave Gibson a DUI?

RC3
No. worst case scenario, he will be able to have the offense non-adjudicated and have a clean record

RC3
06-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Well, at this point, I would put a lot more stock in a DUI if it came from a police officer outside of the Starkville PD. I just don't trust how they operate based on how they were when I was there plus things that come out with them that don't make a lot of sense. Who gave Gibson a DUI?

Looks like it was the SO

HSVDawg
06-13-2016, 10:20 AM

If that is your stance, would you feel the same way if it was Mullen that got the DUI? If your position is that the coaches have to be leaders and above that type of behavior, then you have to apply the same standard to the entire coaching staff.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2016, 10:26 AM
If that is your stance, would you feel the same way if it was Mullen that got the DUI? If your position is that the coaches have to be leaders and above that type of behavior, then you have to apply the same standard to the entire coaching staff.

Probably but then I had someone close to me killed by a drunk driver.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Technically not a coach...so no.

PassInterference
06-13-2016, 10:37 AM
This is serious, fellas. Its an international incident.

tireddawg
06-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Probably but then I had someone close to me killed by a drunk driver.

I feel ya on that & sorry for your loss, but I don't think a decision like this can be made based on emotion.

drunkernhelldawg
06-13-2016, 11:25 AM

Did he have a glass of wine over the limit at dinner and blow over the legal limit? Which could happen to almost anyone given how low the thresholds are now.

or

Did he get popped with a blonde GA in the car and her panties in his lap, then try to get away with it be telling the cop who he was? (Anyone remember the old UGA AD, who was married not to a blonde by the way?)

This.

sandjunky
06-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Not for a first offense DUI. How many of you here think you should be fired if that were you? Not condoning his actions, but to me that does not rise to the level of losing your job.

I would be fired by my employer if I was ever to be arrested for DUI

Bullsy
06-13-2016, 12:00 PM
My employer would not fire me. Ill go with give him a second chance.

Maybe mullen can have him run the stadium... Cause i think i would rather be fired than have to do that.

Johnson85
06-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Not unless there are aggravating circumstances.

If he blew a .1, then there should be no consequences provided having a suspended license doesn't prevent him from being able to do his job. He is already getting a disproportionate punishment from the legal system. If he was intoxicated, then maybe there is some employment related discipline, but as bad as it is, I don't think it's a fireable offense if there wasn't anything else to it.

drunkernhelldawg
06-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Most of the professionals in education would at least face the threat of firing for a DUI. If there weren't circumstances that make it worse, I would not want to see him fired, but he is in the category of a professional in education, so we'll have to see what happens.

War Machine Dawg
06-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Depends on how far over the limit he was, imo. MS DUI law is completely asinine. At .08 we've essentially criminalized having 2 beers with dinner. Almost anyone who drinks could get a DUI with the limit that low. But for a first offense, unless he was outrageously over, no way he should be fired.

msbulldog
06-13-2016, 12:48 PM
My employer gives 2nd chance (w/rehab), 2 your gone.
I think Rod deserves 2nd chance.

mic
06-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Easy answer...
No

BulldogBear
06-13-2016, 12:57 PM

or

^^^This

Bodaski
06-13-2016, 01:36 PM
We are in a no win situation with Gibson. If he's fired the press will crucify us because we kept Simmons. If we do nothing they harp on that. IMO, we are in for a few rough media days, so prepare for the on-slaught.

Political Hack
06-13-2016, 01:44 PM
As one of my good friends once said "I don't trust people who don't drink." It's a mistake. Everyone makes them. No way he should be let go IMO. Ole Miss hired a coach that was caught--as an adult--breaking into cars, which is way worse to me.

I would hope MSU wouldn't cower to the press and make a decision one way or the other on this just because they got some heat from the press on the Simmons situation. That's not fair to anyone involved or the University to revisit the Simmons deal over and over. Plus, given Baylor's consideration of bringing Briles back, I don't think the press is going to care much about what happens with Simmons.

coastdoglover
06-13-2016, 01:49 PM
No, that is being ridiculous. If he does it again, then he will be in trouble.

SNAFU
06-13-2016, 01:49 PM
"Arrested For" & "Convicted Of" are two completely different headlines. I presume he is innocent until proven guilty.

JoseBrown
06-13-2016, 06:12 PM
No

dawgoneyall
06-13-2016, 06:53 PM
No.

smootness
06-13-2016, 07:07 PM
iHe is already getting a disproportionate punishment from the legal system.

?

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Nm