PDA

View Full Version : Construction at Dudy Noble

Bullsy
06-12-2016, 08:21 PM
When does construction begin?

Harrydawg
06-12-2016, 08:24 PM
One year from this week is the last I've heard.........grand stands first year of construction, outfield the next

ScottH
06-12-2016, 08:48 PM
As of dinner last Thursday, revised projected start to end of next season.

Construction sequencing still TBA.

Currently sitting at a 25-30% cost increase.

Steakonastick
06-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Yup, soon as the last out is made expect the demolition to begin. the goal is to go all in like A&M did and finish it in 9 months. The backstop has not had the reception as the gridiron club so it may get scratched. The lofts will be not be apart of the major build. If they ever get built it will be a seperate bulldog club project.

Bullsy
06-12-2016, 09:19 PM
So, we finish next season and get everything done (except the condos) before the 2018 season?

Steakonastick
06-12-2016, 09:20 PM
That's the plan

Harrydawg
06-12-2016, 09:51 PM
We need asap, I'll add. Our facilities are way behind the powers we will continue to battle. Way behind. Our fan base and history is the strength of the program (other than players). I'd say we have less chair backs than anyone in the West.

Goldendawg
06-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Question, why is all the padding behind home plate and in and along the dugouts green? Writing on it is either white or maroon outlined in white. Does it have to be this color? I would like it in maroon with white lettering in the renovation.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Question, why is all the padding behind home plate and in and along the dugouts green? Writing on it is either white or maroon outlined in white. Does it have to be this color? I would like it in maroon with white lettering in the renovation.

Not an interior decorator but my guess is to match the padding in the outfield.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 10:24 PM
We need asap, I'll add. Our facilities are way behind the powers we will continue to battle. Way behind. Our fan base and history is the strength of the program (other than players). I'd say we have less chair backs than anyone in the West.

I'll also add that sitting in the bleachers sucked for all involved.

Backspin
06-12-2016, 10:36 PM
It will be a 2-phased project over 2 years as of right now. Trying to do everything in 9 months substantially increases the cost even further.

Bothrops
06-13-2016, 12:33 AM
So how much do we expect this project to be scaled back? What will be absent that was part of the rendering?

Bullsy
06-13-2016, 04:45 AM
It will be a 2-phased project over 2 years as of right now. Trying to do everything in 9 months substantially increases the cost even further.

I thought so. When we play the 2018 season, roughly half the work will be done and we will be playing that season with construction still going on.

Steakonastick
06-13-2016, 07:09 AM
No the added construction costs are to finish it in a year. It will end up being a 60 million dollar job,

Brando
06-13-2016, 08:22 AM
I habent seen the drawings of how the back stop will look, but I think the brick back stop that Bama has is awesome looking. Just imagine our logo on it. That would be a show piece...

HoopsDawg
06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
For what we are paying compared to Blue Bell and other new parks, if this isn't the best stadium in the country someone has really not done their job.

preachermatt83
06-13-2016, 12:38 PM
For what we are paying compared to Blue Bell and other new parks, if this isn't the best stadium in the country someone has really not done their job.

Agreed!

preachermatt83
06-13-2016, 12:40 PM
I want to know what all is being "scaled back" from the origional renderings? Those renderings were of the greatest college park in America. Anything less will not be good enough. If we have to scale back too much I'd ratghet wait until the funds are avalible to do it right.

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2016, 01:13 PM
I thought I had heard the condos were gone, but that is it. Everything else appeared to still be a go. And they could probably have the condos and sell them if they didn't have such asinine policies to go along with them.

Political Hack
06-13-2016, 01:35 PM

You can't white lettering or anything like that in center field behind the pitcher's mound. Teams usually keep the same coloring all the way around to keep it matching. Would be cool to have it maroon, but then the letters would have to be white, which won't work. Same reason pitchers can't wear white sleeves under their jerseys.

Political Hack
06-13-2016, 01:37 PM
I want to know what all is being "scaled back" from the origional renderings? Those renderings were of the greatest college park in America. Anything less will not be good enough. If we have to scale back too much I'd ratghet wait until the funds are avalible to do it right.

the entrance and grand stand will come first, just as always planned. the OF will be 2nd, just as always planned. the money to build the condos isn't there.

HoopsDawg
06-13-2016, 01:39 PM

My educated guess is that the original drawings were pie in the sky type stuff intended to bring in the donations. It is clear now the estimated cost reported was too low. Now that we know the real costs things are having to be scaled down. There have probably been several minor reductions that add up to a lot over time. Also constructions costs and other costs have risen over the past year or two.

There are 3 things that can't be messed up.

1. The Left Field Lounge/Outfield Terrace. Have to find a creative way to keep the uniqueness of what makes MSU baseball special.
2. Got to have great sightlines throughout the park with a ton of chair back seating
3. With point no. 2 in mind, how do we keep our ball park from looking empty when we have 5K-7K fans at the game?

Coach34
06-13-2016, 01:50 PM
The new build has faced a few problems:

1. Mullen doesnt want the condos built and has been going back and forth on it
2. Last year's losing season didnt help
3. Opposition to changing up LFL some has been big
4. Building it in 2 phases or one phase has caused lots of back and forth

HoopsDawg
06-13-2016, 01:58 PM
The new build has faced a few problems:

1. Mullen doesnt want the condos built and has been going back and forth on it
2. Last year's losing season didnt help
3. Opposition to changing up LFL some has been big
4. Building it in 2 phases or one phase has caused lots of back and forth

Stricklin will forever be knows as the AD who killed the LFL. I wish we could redo the Grandstands and leave the LFL alone. That would save a ton of money and keep one of the best traditions in college sports alive.

Mjoelner34
06-13-2016, 01:58 PM
My educated guess is that the original drawings were pie in the sky type stuff intended to bring in the donations. It is clear now the estimated cost reported was too low. Now that we know the real costs things are having to be scaled down. There have probably been several minor reductions that add up to a lot over time. Also constructions costs and other costs have risen over the past year or two.

There are 3 things that can't be messed up.

1. The Left Field Lounge/Outfield Terrace. Have to find a creative way to keep the uniqueness of what makes MSU baseball special.
2. Got to have great sightlines throughout the park with a ton of chair back seating
3. With point no. 2 in mind, how do we keep our ball park from looking empty when we have 5K-7K fans at the game?

** Here is an easy answer to #3. **
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/japanese-soccer-cardboard-fans

mic
06-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Stricklin will forever be knows as the AD who killed the LFL. I wish we could redo the Grandstands and leave the LFL alone. That would save a ton of money and keep one of the best traditions in college sports alive.

I agree.. just make the owners of "some " of the structures upgrade and make them safer ..
Tear down the bleachers .. ASAP
Shit remove the box suites and press box.. And extend upward 10-15 rows on the chair backs now and have new suites and presser.
The condos are a pipe dream in my opinion.. No need for them..