PDA

View Full Version : UCSB advances with walk off GS from guy with 1 HR all year.....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-12-2016, 02:04 PM
Still can't believe what I just saw..and against pitcher taken 1st round

msstate7
06-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Our side of the cws is shaping up nicely**

I'm sick

I seen it dawg
06-12-2016, 02:06 PM
He had his wrists pinched

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 02:13 PM
This IMO was a direct result of the MLB draft this weekend. No doubt. Bullshit that it is only because of "parity" in college baseball.

Homedawg
06-12-2016, 02:15 PM

Pure gold right there!

Really Clark?
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM

And the elbow pinched in his stance.***

msstate7
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM
This IMO was a direct result of the MLB draft this weekend. No doubt. Bullshit that it is only because of "parity" in college baseball.

College baseball is to blame for the draft during SR play. College baseball extended the regular season 1 week.

maroonmania
06-12-2016, 02:19 PM
McConnell should be fired immediately.***

shoeless joe
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
College baseball is to blame for the draft during SR play. College baseball extended the regular season 1 week.

Hasn't SEC tourney always been Memorial Day weekend? Could be wrong...

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Why does MLB have their draft during their season? Seems stupid to me anyway.

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Yep, has been since I have been going.

msstate7
06-12-2016, 02:28 PM

Last year the sec tournament started may 19th. This year it started may 24th

CadaverDawg
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM

http://rs1096.pbsrc.com/albums/g322/Sugarsandrainbows/GIFs/bravo.gif~c200

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Last year the sec tournament started may 19th. This year it started may 24th

I still don't know why you defend the MLB draft being in June when it had a very direct effect on our focus and possible losing this weekend. Let me put it to you another way, if you were a kid between 20-21 could you have focus if while you were playing and before you were playing you could get your name called by the draft?

msstate7
06-12-2016, 03:01 PM
I still don't know why you defend the MLB draft being in June when it had a very direct effect on our focus and possible losing this weekend. Let me put it to you another way, if you were a kid between 20-21 could you have focus if while you were playing and before you were playing you could get your name called by the draft?

I'm not defending anything. Just saying the draft is normally wrapping up by first pitch of the cws

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Why does MLB have their draft during their season? Seems stupid to me anyway.

Because MLB doesn't give a shit about college baseball and they don't realize they would have a better product if they supported it by not drafting high school players and moving the draft to July.

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Let me also add this. Do any of their minor league systems make money? I don't think any of them do.

PassInterference
06-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Let me also add this. Do any of their minor league systems make money? I don't think any of them do.

They are fulfilling a commercial purpose. If that weren't so, they would not exist.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
Because MLB doesn't give a shit about college baseball and they don't realize they would have a better product if they supported it by not drafting high school players and moving the draft to July.

Moving the draft to July would make it difficult for short season leagues like the pioneer league or NY Penn league to survive. If college baseball was a Fall sport, there wouldn't be a problem, but, due to it being a Spring sport, there are limited ways to fix the problem. The best fix to me would be for MLB to make sure the draft is on Mon, Tues, Wed of whatever week they choose. This way it wouldn't conflict with any college games and the kids would have a few days to process everything before playing again.

MarketingBully
06-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Moving the draft to July would make it difficult for short season leagues like the pioneer league or NY Penn league to survive. If college baseball was a Fall sport, there wouldn't be a problem, but, due to it being a Spring sport, there are limited ways to fix the problem. The best fix to me would be for MLB to make sure the draft is on Mon, Tues, Wed of whatever week they choose. This way it wouldn't conflict with any college games and the kids would have a few days to process everything before playing again.

That would seem to be the easiest fix IMO. Start the draft on a Mon-Wed that way it would be completely over with before any games are on. Just tells you MLB doesn't really care about college baseball.