PDA

View Full Version : If ED was a pay site...............

basedog
06-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Talking to a few buddies who post on ED, the question is If ED was a pay site would you pay and if so how much would you be willing to pay?

Me, I don't pay for any internet message boards and no offense to the "Agenda", I would not.

Maybe C34 and his 4 friends (ha, he did say he had 4) should start an addition and put all of the rumors and inside info for pay only?

Just saying.

msbulldog
06-12-2016, 02:01 PM
No

Quaoarsking
06-12-2016, 02:07 PM
What here is worth paying for?

AROB44
06-12-2016, 02:19 PM
You must be kidding......paying to read about how every coach at MSU is incompetent? That sure isn't worth paying for.

DownwardDawg
06-12-2016, 02:27 PM
No

Leroy Jenkins
06-12-2016, 02:32 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/c/c4/Just-dropped-by-to-say-this-thread-sucks.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140411045135

Coach34
06-12-2016, 02:40 PM
We already have a pay board- the EDSO board

CadaverDawg
06-12-2016, 02:50 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z168/Elbow_02/threadsuxgv1.jpg

msstate7
06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
If there's any of you out there willing to pay for my wonderful insight (haha), I'll set up a pay pal and pm you instead of posting on the main board?**

basedog
06-12-2016, 02:53 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z168/Elbow_02/threadsuxgv1.jpg

Why? Just a simple question. I've seen way more threads that suck Clint.

CadaverDawg
06-12-2016, 02:54 PM

Really just wanted to post that pic tbqh

basedog
06-12-2016, 02:57 PM

You had several chances before this one.

sleepy dawg
06-12-2016, 04:07 PM
No... This is one of my favorite stops on the internet, and I would not even consider paying.

shannondawg
06-12-2016, 05:23 PM

One day up in Oxford and you are starting to melt.

shannondawg
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Not a pay site, but I drop off a quarter ever so often to the donate link up above, Just to help out and show appreciation.

AROB44
06-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Got him, shannondawg. He got infected!!

BeardoMSU
06-12-2016, 06:09 PM

I can only assume that is a picture of you**

basedog
06-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Day and a half. So you folks know what we are talking about. My youngest daughter is headed TSUN, she grew up a Msu fan but they did a helluva better job recruiting.

They promote there school better than we do by a large margin. I bet they gave every student 2 or 3 T shirts, flags, decals, signs and other things with there name on it!

By the way, my wife and I go to the Square, first thing I see on a wall was a sticker Swag For Heisman! Long two days for me.

Thanksgiving will be divided now.

Coach34
06-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Should have had the rule in place my ex- Father in Law developed for his kids:

"Ya'll can go to college wherever you want- but I won't pay one dime for you to go to OM"

When I was divorcing his daughter- he reminded me to get that put in the court papers. One of the best guys I've ever met

Bully13
06-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Day and a half. So you folks know what we are talking about. My youngest daughter is headed TSUN, she grew up a Msu fan but they did a helluva better job recruiting.

They promote there school better than we do by a large margin. I bet they gave every student 2 or 3 T shirts, flags, decals, signs and other things with there name on it!

By the way, my wife and I go to the Square, first thing I see on a wall was a sticker Swag For Heisman! Long two days for me.

Thanksgiving will be divided now.

so you let tsun out promote your own efforts. color me very unimpressed.

basedog
06-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Should have had the rule in place my ex- Father in Law developed for his kids:

"Ya'll can go to college wherever you want- but I won't pay one dime for you to go to OM"

When I was divorcing his daughter- he reminded me to get that put in the court papers. One of the best guys I've ever met

Never in my dreams did I think she would have attended OM. We took her to several schools, but like I said they just recruit so much better and promote Old Dixie.
They said they have 23k students, but only 18K are on campus. Also they stated 53% are out of state students.

Dawgcentral
06-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Before this thing gets out of hand, people should know that Basedog's daughter is a well brought up young lady who won't turn into some rotten person by attending OM. I've attended games with Basedog, Mrs. Basedog, as well as the recent recruit. Good folks with down to earth values and logic.

Of course I would never be able to stomach such a decision without bringing it up at the dinner table on every occasion. :-)

lefty96
06-12-2016, 07:34 PM

She should have held out for a loaner car or some $ for your bills. I'm guessing since she bit on decals and t-shirts, she doesn't read this board.

basedog
06-12-2016, 07:40 PM
so you let tsun out promote your own efforts. color me very unimpressed.

Say what you want bother, but when it comes to my family I'm gonna support them, especially my daughter. I love Msu, it's her decision And if you are anyone else don't love a family member then color me unimpressed. Like I told her when she ask was I gonna be mad, Msu is my school, all I want you to do is graduate, get a good job and get off my payroll.

HailState!

basedog
06-12-2016, 07:46 PM
She should have held out for a loaner car or some $ for your bills. I'm guessing since she bit on decals and t-shirts, she doesn't read this board.

It was close. She already had committed, this was orientation. But she is sold as is my wife.

basedog
06-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Before this thing gets out of hand, people should know that Basedog's daughter is a well brought up young lady who won't turn into some rotten person by attending OM. I've attended games with Basedog, Mrs. Basedog, as well as the recent recruit. Good folks with down to earth values and logic.

Of course I would never be able to stomach such a decision without bringing it up at the dinner table on every occasion. :-)

Thanksgiving will be divided Dawgcentral.

ILOATHEBears
06-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Talking to a few buddies who post on ED, the question is If ED was a pay site would you pay and if so how much would you be willing to pay?

Me, I don't pay for any internet message boards and no offense to the "Agenda", I would not.

Maybe C34 and his 4 friends (ha, he did say he had 4) should start an addition and put all of the rumors and inside info for pay only?

Just saying.

I paid for their dinner at Golden Corral in Hattiesburg this one time

drunkernhelldawg
06-12-2016, 08:03 PM
A lot of good writers and thinkers on here. Some journalism, but not in an organized way. Wouldn't pay because recurring charges are killing me. But some of the talent does give it value.

ETDawg
06-12-2016, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=basedog;572743]Say what you want bother, but when it comes to my family I'm gonna support them, especially my daughter. I love Msu, it's her decision And if you are anyone else don't love a family member then color me unimpressed. Like I told her when she ask was I gonna be mad, Msu is my school, all I want you to do is graduate, get a good job and get off my payroll.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

It_Could_Happen
06-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Say what you want bother, but when it comes to my family I'm gonna support them, especially my daughter. I love Msu, it's her decision And if you are anyone else don't love a family member then color me unimpressed. Like I told her when she ask was I gonna be mad, Msu is my school, all I want you to do is graduate, get a good job and get off my payroll.

HailState!

I completely agree with you and appluad you for it. I grew up and Arkansas fan. Went to every single game. My grandfather was on the National Championship team. My mom aunt and uncle all went to UA. I visited state with a friend for the Arkansas game as a UA fan and loved it here. Rest is history. Haha. I've actually messed around and turned my parents into state fans as well. They come to every single game including baseball.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Never in my dreams did I think she would have attended OM. We took her to several schools, but like I said they just recruit so much better and promote Old Dixie.
They said they have 23k students, but only 18K are on campus. Also they stated 53% are out of state students.

That tells me we have a major problem with how we recruit.

basedog
06-12-2016, 10:21 PM

If you saw what I saw then you would know. I was surprised how they had students dressed in school colors who took freshmen around in groups and how much enthusiasm they had in selling there school. The introduction was led by several administrators who had scripted messages with lots of history and what there plans are for the future. I was watching and listening thinking "I can only imagine bringing in football recruits especially folks who don't know much about OM".

BrunswickDawg
06-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Not doubting basedog, but I'd say student recruitment is hit and miss - just like in football. My daughter has been getting something from State about every 2 weeks for the past 18 months - and can't even apply until August since she is a rising Senior. That's just based on a visit and her PSAT score.

basedog
06-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Not doubting basedog, but I'd say student recruitment is hit and miss - just like in football. My daughter has been getting something from State about every 2 weeks for the past 18 months - and can't even apply until August since she is a rising Senior. That's just based on a visit and her PSAT score.

Good point, difference is on campus visit. Took my daughter to several schools and Msu was it until she took a visit to Ole Dixie. Believe me, I was surprised as she grew up a Msu fan.

Ok sorry for mentioning, but now I have a better understanding why and how they do things as for promoting without giving out loaner cars, cash and other benefits.

Todd4State
06-12-2016, 11:26 PM

Well maybe the disconnect is on the campus visit then.

99jc
06-13-2016, 08:32 AM
If any of my children went to ole miss I would disown them that's how bad I hate that place.

Political Hack
06-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Told my kids they can go to any school in the world, so long as it's not in Oxford, MS. However, I could see how that would change as they get old enough to make their own decisions. I do think State is a better school overall and a better value, but OM has some programs that State doesn't have and vice versa. Sometimes they're a necessary evil.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Bollocks

TrapGame
06-13-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm not paying to see a bunch of y'all act like dicks when I can see it for free.

basedog
06-13-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm not paying to see a bunch of y'all act like dicks when I can see it for free.

LMBO but true

basedog
06-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Told my kids they can go to any school in the world, so long as it's not in Oxford, MS. However, I could see how that would change as they get old enough to make their own decisions. I do think State is a better school overall and a better value, but OM has some programs that State doesn't have and vice versa. Sometimes they're a necessary evil.

I said that for a long time, I hate OM as much any on here, but I let her decide and make her own choice as one day she has to own it! It's been discussed a whole bunch in my house.

Btw, she has no clue who Bucky is or any other coach. It ain't always about sports especially girls or women.

BulldogBear
06-13-2016, 02:52 PM

NROTC is a good example. They are the only in-state school.

Unfortunately for me, my daughter is considering Ole Miss. For Art. MSU Art Department needs to ramp up the pressure!!!

basedog
06-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Unfortunately for me, my daughter is considering Ole Miss. For Art. MSU Art Department needs to ramp up the pressure!!!

Good luck, my daughter wants to go into the nursing field, Msu wasn't much help or encouraging, OM went all out, she choose Liberal Arts as a major which they suggested.

TrapGame
06-13-2016, 03:14 PM

I was honors English and had two choices in top notch English Departments, ole miss and Southern. I chose the Mustard Buzzards. The MSU course guide circa 1996 was very sparse on English courses beyond freshman level. I hated that I had to choose another school other than my favorite but I wasn't about to go to that other place, piss on that. Plus, my fiance had an old boyfriend and half a dozen of her old party friends going to State and she didn't want the peer pressure of going out and partying.

Dawg61
06-13-2016, 03:18 PM

Wtf are you rambling on about? Old Misses had some hosts wear blue and red tshirts and they promoted some hundred year old dead south shit? Great. They are a visual and perception school. Everything is about how it looks over there. Beautiful campus and shit. Quit knocking my university because we don't cater to the "oh it's sooooo beautiful" crowd. MSU has orientation leaders too and they all wear the same tshirts. They just aren't blue or red.

Dawg61
06-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Good luck, my daughter wants to go into the nursing field, Msu wasn't much help or encouraging, OM went all out, she choose Liberal Arts as a major which they suggested.

I think her daddy needs to follow her lead.

shannondawg
06-13-2016, 03:56 PM
You folk lay off basedog. He is a loyal and dedicated fan as anyone on here.

i'm sure if he had a choice she would be a bully. But he is not going to try to control her life and livelihood now that she has reached the age she needs to decide for herself.

But this doesn't mean I'm not to gonna to ride his ass to high heaven about it every chance I get.

PS: Just think about the times we hear a young man wants to sign with us, and his mama or daddy comes out of the woodwork and makes him sign elsewhere. What do we say abut that?

basedog
06-13-2016, 05:03 PM
I think her daddy needs to follow her lead.

You are such a dickhead! You talk more trash than anyone on any message board! You have not a damn clue what I have seen or been through. Quit talking smack and quit being such a dickhead. I see on sixpack that called your dickhead post out and you went away.

Your University, please I hope there are no dickheads like you at Msu. Now go kiss your boyfriend since you have no children and don't understand adult life!

Msu had nothing to add in the nursing program dickhead!

basedog
06-13-2016, 05:08 PM
You folk lay off basedog. He is a loyal and dedicated fan as anyone on here.

i'm sure if he had a choice she would be a bully. But he is not going to try to control her life and livelihood now that she has reached the age she needs to decide for herself.

But this doesn't mean I'm not to gonna to ride his ass to high heaven about it every chance I get.

PS: Just think about the times we hear a young man wants to sign with us, and his mama or daddy comes out of the woodwork and makes him sign elsewhere. What do we say abut that?

I'm good with shannondawg, I think I know who dickhead61 is, he sounds like someone you and I have known from another board.

basedog
06-13-2016, 05:15 PM
You moderators maybe should lock this thread, I figured when I talked about recruiting there was gonna be a dickhead who doesn't have a clue about family and would have smart ass comments. Dickhead61 takes the cake and that is saying something, I guess I should forgive someone who doesn't have children and family values!

Dawg61
06-13-2016, 05:25 PM
You moderators maybe should lock this thread, I figured when I talked about recruiting there was gonna be a dickhead who doesn't have a clue about family and would have smart ass comments. Dickhead61 takes the cake and that is saying something, I guess I should forgive someone who doesn't have children and family values!

Bruh you've been shitting on MSU in this entire thread that you started.

basedog
06-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Bruh you've been shitting on MSU in this entire thread that you started.

No more than what I read on past post about our recruiting football players. After seeing first hand and the difference in on campus visits you would get a better understanding.

I believe I've read you bashing coaches and players way more than what I said about recruiting my daughter.

Clean your act up dude, no reason to talk ex rated smack as much as you do, which is quite often.